NASCAR 2020/2021

79,078 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
ciscopack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WarrenPeace said:

The Bristol dirt. Is that an actual Cup Series race?
I see those stands keeping a ton of red dust hanging around. The last Cup race on dirt was Sept. 30, 1970 at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds. Richard Petty won a 200-lap race on the half-mile track. He earned $1,000.

Headed to Thunder Valley tomorrow to run for the $1,000,000 https://www.bracketraces.com/event-spring-fling-vegas.php#event-flyer
PossumJenkins
It is and actual Cup race. They put dirt down for the WOO a few years back and the laps those cars turned there were honestly scary.

Glad we're going back to Nashville. Not sure the racing was ever that great but damn those were some fun weekends. Also Austin and COTA. That facility is beautiful.
Wolfer79
NASCAR Las Vegas ratings down double-digits opposite SNF, NBA:

Facing not only Sunday Night Football but the NBA Playoffs as well, NASCAR Las Vegas ratings sank double-digits from last year.

Last Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race from Las Vegas averaged a 1.15 rating and 1.97 million viewers on NBCSN, marking the lowest rating and viewership in the young history of the race (debuted in 2018). Ratings fell 19% and viewership 17% from last year (1.4, 2.38M) and 10% and 8% respectively from '18 (1.3, 2.14M).

As one would expect, Kurt Busch's win was dominated by NBC's competing Sunday Night Football game (Packers-Saints: 10.0, 17.80M). While SNF was slightly less of a draw than last year, the night was more competitive thanks to the addition of an NBA conference final game on ESPN (Celtics-Heat Game 6: 1.8, 3.45M).

For the season, only one Sunday race has averaged fewer viewers than Las Vegas: Dover opposite the Indy 500 in August (1.95M).

After opening with a double-digit bump at Darlington, the NASCAR playoffs have now posted three straight declines. Even so, the four playoff races were NBCSN's four most-watched programs of September no small feat in a month that included the Stanley Cup Final.

In other action, the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Las Vegas averaged a 0.45 (-2%) and 764,000 (+3%) on NBCSN the previous night.

[Nielsen estimates from ShowBuzz Daily 9.30
Wolfer79
Pacfanweb
ciscopack said:

WarrenPeace said:

The Bristol dirt. Is that an actual Cup Series race?
I see those stands keeping a ton of red dust hanging around. The last Cup race on dirt was Sept. 30, 1970 at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds. Richard Petty won a 200-lap race on the half-mile track. He earned $1,000.

Headed to Thunder Valley tomorrow to run for the $1,000,000 https://www.bracketraces.com/event-spring-fling-vegas.php#event-flyer

I was at that race at the fairgrounds. 4 years old, I believe.

What are you running?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

My kids always seeing what kind of Halloween car he will have.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Here is all the info for the Sunday Cup race at Talladega:
(All times are Eastern)

START: David J. Mollahan, retired United States Marine Corps Colonel, will give the command to start engines at 2:08 p.m. The green flag waves at 2:20 p.m.

PRERACE: Cup garage opens at 7 a.m. Drivers report to their cars at 1:30 p.m. The invocation will be given at 1:49 p.m. by Barbara Embry, chaplain of Citizens Baptist Medical Center. The national anthem will be performed by the 313th United States Army Band at 1:50 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 188 laps (500 miles) around the 2.66-mile track.

STAGES: Stage 1 ends on Lap 60. Stage 2 ends on Lap 120

TV/RADIO: NBC will televise the race. Coverage begins at 1 p.m on NBC with NASCAR America, followed by Countdown to Green at 1:30 p.m. Race coverage begins at 2 p.m. Motor Racing Network's radio coverage will begin at 1 p.m. and also can be heard at mrn.com. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the broadcast.

STREAMING: Watch the race on the NBC Sports App

FORECAST: The wunderground.com forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 69 degrees and no chance of rain at the start of the race.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
YellaWood 500, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL
Race NBC/TSN1/TSN3, 2 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub: Talladega FS1, noon
NASCAR America NBC, 1 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post Race NBCSN, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
.@JoeGibbsRacing and some other teams will run this decal today at Talladega in remembrance of JGR executive Joseph "JJ" Damato, who tragically passed away yesterday.

Damato was a beloved longtime NASCAR executive who served most recently as VP of marketing services at JGR.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
#NASCAR says Hamlin was forced below yellow line, not there by choice. Hamlin to NBC: "They were crashing in front of us." Crushed Matt DiBenedetto, fighting to keep his job w/Wood Bros, fights off tears on TV. It's ruled he forced others below line, so he goes from 2nd to 21st.

Wolfer79
caryking
They penalized Elliot for going below the yellow line. I think the rulings were inconsistent. If Hamlin's was allowed, then Elliots should have been as well.
Wolfer79
.@NBCSports on switching the end of the Dega race to @NBCSN: "After four hours of NASCAR coverage on NBC, a red flag shortly after 6 p.m. ET forced us to shift the conclusion of the race to NBCSN, a network race fans know well, in order to honor other programming commitments." https://t.co/ZdztPEPj82
ncsupack1
caryking said:

They penalized Elliot for going below the yellow line. I think the rulings were inconsistent. If Hamlin's was allowed, then Elliots should have been as well.

I believe NASCAR over turned the ruling on the 9...I guess they had to if the 11 got the win. What a crap fest there at the end.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I believe NASCAR over turned the ruling on the 9...I guess they had to if the 11 got the win. What a crap fest there at the end.
You're correct. I just checked the results. I think they had to do this change.
ncsupack1
Agree. Either way what a mess at the end.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
I believe that.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@TeamHendrick today will announce that @AlexBowman88 will switch to the No. 48 @Ally-sponsored Chevy in '21, replacing @JimmieJohnson.

@AndreaBrimmer: "Alex is absolutely the right driver to carry on the legacy of the No. 48 and he deserves a sponsor as committed as he is."

ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

.@TeamHendrick today will announce that @AlexBowman88 will switch to the No. 48 @Ally-sponsored Chevy in '21, replacing @JimmieJohnson.

@AndreaBrimmer: "Alex is absolutely the right driver to carry on the legacy of the No. 48 and he deserves a sponsor as committed as he is."

Looking more like Kyle Larson to Hendrick. Shall see..
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NBC earned a 1.92 rating and 3.1 million viewers for Sunday's @Yellawood 500 at Talladega; no direct comparison to last year as it was postponed to a Monday.

NBC says it's currently up 1% in viewership for its half of the season. https://t.co/3ycs4I6fEL
Wolfer79
.@JustinMarksDG today will officially announce his new NASCAR Cup Series team, @TeamTrackhouse.

@Daniel_SuarezG has been considered the top candidate for the ride.

Wolfer79
.@TeamTrackhouse will run the No. 99 Chevy and have an alliance with RCR.

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

.@TeamTrackhouse will run the No. 99 Chevy and have an alliance with RCR.

Hopefully Daniel gets to stay somewhere longer than a year. Best of luck to all involved.
Wolfer79
.@MattDRacing has renewed @WoodBrothers21 for 2021 and saved his job after two consecutive runner-up finishes in recent weeks.

@Team_Penske appeared to be on the verge of switching to @AustinCindric for 2021, but ultimately made a late decision to stay the course.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.