NASCAR 2020/2021

79,062 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tootie4Pack said:

Truex had em covered. The lights at Martinsville look great. Might try to go in the Fall if it is a night race. These Wednesday evening races are a lot of fun to watch.

Really fun race. Not as many cautions as I expected. I'm back at Mville as soon as fans are allowed.
ncsupack1
Long runs last night, which I didn't think would happen. Glad the rain stayed away.
Wolfer79
Overnight ratings for last night's NASCAR Cup race from Martinsville on FS1 are up +104% over the comparable race last season.

Last night's race, the 11th of this NASCAR season, posted a 1.14, compared to a 0.56 for last year's 11th race (Dover, 5/6/19 on FS1)

The race is also up +16% over the most recent weeknight NASCAR race on FS1 (0.98 on 5/28)
Wolfer79
Saturday
June 13

NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Hooters 250, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race Fox, 3:30 p.m.

NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
Baptist Health 200, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race FS1, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/junior-savor-homestead-again-virus-upends-routine-170024439--nascar.html

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a plan for Saturday, one unlike any other he's had in more than two decades of getting behind the wheel at NASCAR events.

He's going to fly to Homestead-Miami Speedway and arrive in the early afternoon. He'll go through a health screening, then sit in a rental car instead of the custom RV that usually serves as his home away from home on race days. He'll change into driver gear, hop into his race car about 10 minutes before the flag drops and, without the benefit of any practice, hope for the best.

Welcome to pandemic-era racing, Junior.

He's in the field for one of the two Xfinity Series races at Homestead this weekend, his third start in an Xfinity car since retiring.
ncsupack1
Beer in hand....ready for some racing.
Wolfer79
: The command to start engines will be at 3:35 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to wave at 3:47 p.m.

PRERACE: Garage access health screening begins at 7 a.m. (teams are assigned specific times). Engine prime and final adjustments are at 1:30 p.m. Drivers report to their cars at 3:20 p.m. The invocation will be given at 3:27 p.m. The national anthem will be performed at 3:28 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 167 Laps (250.5 miles) around the 1.5-mile oval.

STAGES: Stage 1 ends on Lap 40. Stage 2 ends on Lap 80.
ncsupack1
Not a bad one...the last re start was good...ready for the trucks.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Contender Boats 250, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race FS1, noon

NASCAR Cup Series
Dixie Vodka 400, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race Fox, 3:30 p.m.

NASCAR Presents: Neil Bonnett FS1, 11:30 a.m.
NASCAR Race Hub Fox, 3 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
green flag today
356pm

Stages: 80 laps, 80 laps, 107 laps
Steve Williams
Staff
Denny Hamlin snooze fest. Really impressed with Tyler Reddick's run last night. Lot of young talent in NASCAR right now.
Wolfer79
Steve Williams said:

Denny Hamlin snooze fest. Really impressed with Tyler Reddick's run last night. Lot of young talent in NASCAR right now.

as a casual NASCAR fan I was surprised how few drivers I knew by name this season.
Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

Steve Williams said:

as a casual NASCAR fan I was surprised how few drivers I knew by name this season.
Even moreso, as a guy who grew up watching (and even listening on the radio) all the races, I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, while the sport has this tremendous opportunity to have all sports-fans eyes on it, it should have avoided the 1 1/2 mile tracks. Those are so boring. The weather aside, I can't imagine yesterday's race sustaining new fans to the sport.
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR is considering moving numbers to the rear quarter panel of the car for next month's All-Star Race, as a first-time experiment for the Cup Series, per sources.

NASCAR's K&N Series started experimenting with this in 2017 to see if it gives sponsors better branding.

Wolfer79
The 2020 NASCAR All-Star Race has been moved to Bristol Motor Speedway. 30,000 fans will be allowed to attend. July 15th on FS1! https://t.co/VAqgB0FoQl
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

The 2020 NASCAR All-Star Race has been moved to Bristol Motor Speedway. 30,000 fans will be allowed to attend. July 15th on FS1! https://t.co/VAqgB0FoQl

This is not a drill
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Got the email! We will be going.
ncsupack1
Wish they wouldn't, not sure how I feel about it.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mike Stefanik, and Red Farmer will be the 2021 NASCAR Hall of Fame class https://t.co/rl8Fi7EIgr https://t.co/FcHKtpdga0
Steve Williams
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Steve Williams said:

Even moreso, as a guy who grew up watching (and even listening on the radio) all the races, I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, while the sport has this tremendous opportunity to have all sports-fans eyes on it, it should have avoided the 1 1/2 mile tracks. Those are so boring. The weather aside, I can't imagine yesterday's race sustaining new fans to the sport.
Man, I agree with you. Hate the mile and a half tracks. Same half dozen drivers dominate at all of those tracks.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Steve Williams said:

Man, I agree with you. Hate the mile and a half tracks. Same half dozen drivers dominate at all of those tracks.
And its not just that its the same cars....but they all get spread out within 2 laps. Even a G-W-C finish is often not entertaining.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
Xfinity Series
Unhinged 300, Talladega Motor Speedway, Talladega, AL
Race FS1, 5:30 p.m.

Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon FS1, 4 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bob Podgrass

NASCAR is allowing drivers to have one significant other to be with them at Talladega for the race. #nascar @NASCARONFOX

Ann Peake
Thats a good one . I can only imagine the drama that would unfold if they brought 2. There would be more action on pit road than on the track. lmao.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Race day! Hopefully the Cup Race today is as good as yesterday's Xfinity race....ARCA, was kinda boring, but does have some talent in it.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
GEICO 500, Talladega Motor Speedway, Talladega, AL
Race Fox, 3 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub Fox, 2:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
START: Astronaut Doug Hurley on board the International Space Station will give the command to start engines via video at 3:13 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to be waved at 3:24 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 188 laps (500 miles) around the 2.66-mile track.

STAGES: Stage 1 ends on Lap 60. Stage 2 ends on Lap 120.

TV/RADIO: Fox will televise the race. Its coverage begins at 3 p.m. Motor Racing Network will broadcast the race. Its broadcast begins at 2 p.m. and also can be heard at mrn.com and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

FORECAST: The wunderground.com forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of 92 degrees and no chance of rain at the race's start
Steve Williams
Staff
Bucket list item is to get down on the infield for a race at Talladega.
Wolfer79
Steve Williams said:

Bucket list item is to get down on the infield for a race at Talladega.

will the bucket contain cold adult beverages on ice?
Wolfer79
anyone surprised?

UPDATE: Lightning has been detected in the area around @TalladegaSuperS.

Please seek shelter immediately. We will provide an update when we have the all-clear.
metcalfmafia
Why is the race at 3 anyway?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.