NASCAR 2020/2021

79,267 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
TraCha4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ incredibly sad news. Prayers sent to their family, friends and team members. Always tough but with all everyone has been through during 2020 and right here at the holiday season...... man, just sad news. RIP to them both.
ncsupack1
So sad.
Steve Williams
Staff
Man, that's awful news.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

If you could choose five drivers in all of NASCAR history to share a Thanksgiving meal with, who would they be?
Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip
Wolfer79
Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

If you could choose five drivers in all of NASCAR history to share a Thanksgiving meal with, who would they be?
Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

I was a Davey Allison fan also
Wolfer79
THE Voice of NASCAR

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/11/eli-gold-endures-pain-surgeries-to-broadcast-alabama-games.html%3foutputType=amp

Gold has been hurting badly, and enduring terrible physical pain, to give fans something familiar amid so much disruption his voice.

Gold has had both of his shoulders replaced in the last few months, and the most recent procedure, because he just couldn't fight the pain any longer, happened on Nov.3, Election Day.
Pacfanweb
Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

Hmm.
Wasn't a Davey fan, thought he was a whiner. (which he was) But more I found out about him post-death, I kind of liked him.

But:
Dale
Richard
Smokey
David Pearson
Junior

Would be a good time right there
Wolfer79
Pacfanweb said:

Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

Hmm.
Wasn't a Davey fan, thought he was a whiner. (which he was) But more I found out about him post-death, I kind of liked him.

But:
Dale
Richard
Smokey
David Pearson
Junior

Would be a good time right there

having all the Alabama Gang across generations would be an interesting evening
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

THE Voice of NASCAR

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/11/eli-gold-endures-pain-surgeries-to-broadcast-alabama-games.html%3foutputType=amp

Gold has been hurting badly, and enduring terrible physical pain, to give fans something familiar amid so much disruption his voice.

Gold has had both of his shoulders replaced in the last few months, and the most recent procedure, because he just couldn't fight the pain any longer, happened on Nov.3, Election Day.

Hate that. Any truth to the rumors about him him at Richmond that led to him being dismissed from NASCAR?
SupplyChainPack
Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

I've got to come clean, I think a meal with D Waltrip might get agitating.

[WARNING: The above post may contain a non-sexual double entendre.]
Pacfanweb
SupplyChainPack said:

Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

I remember when Darrell Waltrip started his own race team. His former employer, Junior Johnson, commented that "now DW has an owner that's as smart as he is."
Wolfer79
Great tribute in @DBNJSports to retiring @godwinkelly. To me, Godwin has always been as much a part of the Daytona Speedweeks experience as "Drivers start your engines" or cruising my rental car down the beach. Good man. Great writer. https://t.co/oOAPsB2iiI https://t.co/TzCIdsVPr2
Glasswolf
My father in law went to school with Cale Yarborough and he still lives in Timmonsville. I've been fortunate to eat with Cale and David Pearson and it was amazing. The stories are nonstop.
SupplyChainPack
Pacfanweb said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Steve Williams said:

Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR TWITTER

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Davey Allison
Jimmie Johnson
Darrell Watrip

I remember when Darrell Waltrip started his own race team. His former employer, Junior Johnson, commented that "now DW has an owner that's as smart as he is."

I know Darrell has a bubbly personality, but I think after listening to him go round and round for a couple of hours, I just think I'd just feel drained.
ncsupack1
That's pretty cool group to hang with.
Bell Tower Grey
Neil Bonnett
Red Farmer
Dale Earnhardt, Sr
Harold Kinder
Sam Ard
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR today will announce that the '21 Daytona 500 will be held with a reduced capacity, confirming that the sellout streak will end due to the pandemic.

NASCAR is not confirming capacity today but will reach out to fans about adjustments and limited camping opportunities. https://t.co/iELZKN6PmU
WarrenPeace
Not sure how much you guys follow short track racing but the Snowball Derby is going on in Florida this weekend. It's the biggest Super Late Model race of the year. This year Kyle Busch and Chase Elliott are entering( both 2 time winners)

Also a couple truck and Xfinity guys entering to go head to head with the best super late model guys in America. Should be a cool race. Coverage is on Speed51.com and Speed 51 TV for pay per view.

It's the first time since 1983 that the current NASCAR Cup Series champion has entered.
Pacfanweb
After some further thought I might remove DW and add Fireball Roberts
ncsupack1
Looking forward to it. I've always enjoyed watching it. Not a big fan of the Chilli Bowl.
Wolfer79
.Adam Stern

@NASCAR exec @WarfieldScott is leaving to join the @PGATour as vice president of gaming, per @Bill_KingSBJ.

: "I'll be forever grateful to @StevePhelps for giving me the opportunity to build out the sports betting apparatus. ... It's exciting to be taking on a new challenge." https://t.co/EWI1QWSd2r
ncsupack1
Anybody keeping up with the SnowBall Derby? Looking forward to it, miss me some racing.
WarrenPeace
ncsupack1 said:

Anybody keeping up with the SnowBall Derby? Looking forward to it, miss me some racing.

Watched qualifying last night. Chase didn't make the top 30 and will be in a last chance race this afternoon. Kyle Busch qualified 5th I think. He's definitely in the show. Derek Thorn out of California won the pole.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
Lost Speedways: Danger Zone NBCSN, 10:30 p.m.
WarrenPeace
Chase Elliott wins the last chance race to advance to tomorrow's Snowball Derby.
ncsupack1
Congrats to Ty Majski...hope I spelled that right...lol. Pretty good race.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR today is expected to announce that it will move the 2021 Fontana race to the Daytona road course for what will now be the second event of the year, pushing back Homestead to the third race weekend. https://t.co/w9tLM7DXFS
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR is currently planning to hold one more Cup race at Auto Club Speedway with the current intermediate layout, in 2022, before transitioning to building the new short track circuit to likely debut in 2023. https://t.co/ueyVIeLi7Q
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/12/10/nascar-announces-start-times-and-networks-for-2021-season/?linkId=100000023527319

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 10, 2020) NASCAR, in collaboration with FOX Sports and NBC Sports, today announced 2021 race start times and networks for the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series seasons.

Twenty-three total races will air on FOX and NBC this year, a two-race increase over 2020. Eleven of those will air on FOX, including the first seven NASCAR Cup Series races of the season beginning with the DAYTONA 500 (Sunday, Feb. 14, 2:30 p.m. ET). The first premier series race on dirt since 1970 will also air live on FOX when the Cup Series rolls into Bristol Motor Speedway (Sunday, March 28, 3:30 p.m. ET).

RELATED: On the Move All the changes for 2021

Another 12 races will air on NBC, including the debut of the NASCAR Cup Series at Road America (Sunday, July 4, 2:30 p.m. ET). The NASCAR Cup Series Championship from Phoenix Raceway (Sunday, Nov. 7, 3 p.m. ET) highlights five NASCAR Cup Series playoff races airing on NBC.

Five NASCAR Xfinity Series tilts will air live on broadcast television in 2021, highlighted by the series' first visit of the season to Talladega Superspeedway (Saturday, Apr. 24, 4 p.m. ET, FOX) and three consecutive playoff races: the Charlotte Roval (Saturday, Oct. 9, 3 p.m. ET, NBC), Texas Motor Speedway (Saturday, Oct. 16, 3 p.m. ET, NBC) and Kansas Speedway (Saturday, Oct. 23, 3 p.m. ET, NBC).

Martinsville Speedway will host a pair of primetime events in the spring with both the NASCAR Xfinity Series (Apr. 9, 8 p.m. ET, FS1) and NASCAR Cup Series (April 10, 7:30 p.m. ET, FS1) taking the green flag under the lights on consecutive evenings.

2021 SCHEDULES: NASCAR Cup Series | Xfinity Series | Camping World Truck Series

The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be primetime viewing 13 times in 2021, highlighted by the first-ever NASCAR race on the dirt at Knoxville Raceway on Friday, July 9 (9 p.m. ET, FS1).

Additionally, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Xfinity Series will take part in six Saturday day-night twin bills, including Atlanta Motor Speedway (March 20, 2:30 and 5 p.m. ET, FS1), COTA (May 22, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. ET, FS1) and the penultimate playoff races in both series at Martinsville (Oct. 30, 1 p.m. ET on FS1 and 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN, respectively). A Saturday Camping World Truck Series and Xfinity Series double dip in Texas (June 12, 1 and 4 p.m. ET, FS1) will set the stage for FOX Sports' NASCAR Cup Series finale, which will be the debut of All-Star festivities under the lights at Texas Motor Speedway (Sunday, June 13, 6 p.m. ET, FS1).

Finally, CNBC will be home to the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen International (Saturday, Aug. 7, 4 p.m. ET) as NBC Sports wraps up its coverage of the 2021 Olympics.
ncsupack1
^ TV loving them some later start times I see.
caryking
Recently, I have really enjoyed the road races. Looking forward to Road America. Also, I'm excited about the dirt track race...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Recently, I have really enjoyed the road races. Looking forward to Road America. Also, I'm excited about the dirt track race...

I'm looking forward to them as well, but I don't want too much of a good thing.....I personally like a mix of road, roval, super speedway, and 1.5's....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.