NASCAR 2020/2021

76,927 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
TraCha4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/28726287/ryan-newman-rushed-hospital-fiery-crash-late-daytona-500
Cornpack
I am in actual tears knowing this man gets to go home to his daughters. It will be a long road to recovery but the fact that he is alive after that kind of accident is nothing short of a miracle.
Retired internet funny guy
Colonel Armstrong
Thank god he's okay
ncsupack1
Read yesterday that he was awake and talking to family. So the news seems to be getting better. Bad looking wreck.
Steve Williams
Staff
I thought there was no way he survived that.
ncsupack1
Same here. My wife, kids, and I were all shocked.... I just knew he wasn't going to make it. Continue prayers for him and his family.
Textilewolf
RunsWithWolves26
I rarely watch Nascar anymore, ever since being there when senior was killed. I turned the race on Monday and caught the last 5 laps. When Newman wreaked, I almost threw up. Seeing him hit the wall the way he did and then taking it in the drivers side upside down at 190mph was just to much. I knew he was dead. No way he couldn't be. I couldn't even eat refreshing social media trying to find something. When Nascar made the announcement he was in serious condition with NO life threatening injuries, it put tears in my eyes. Not because I know the man but because his two little girls still had their daddy. It is amazing how safe those freaking cars are. Unreal he actually walked away from that crash.
ncsupack1
What a awesome day! Best wishes for Ryan...also saw that Ryan and his buddy Martin Truex where hanging out. As a big NASCAR fan, this is great!
TraCha4
Amen brother.
God is Good!
Bell Tower Grey
The truck race is on FS1 tonight, racing in Vegas.
ncsupack1
Looks like we get two races today. Gonna be a nice Sunday.
Steve Williams
Staff
Bell Tower Grey said:

It's crazy, on average I find the truck races to be the most entertaining.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

It's crazy, on average I find the truck races to be the most entertaining.

The trucks do put on a good show.
Steve Williams
Staff
I thought today's race was pretty good. Huge difference between short run/long run cars. Was hoping Blaney would get the win but really nice to see Bubba come in 6th. Good run for Jimmie as well.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

I thought today's race was pretty good. Huge difference between short run/long run cars. Was hoping Blaney would get the win but really nice to see Bubba come in 6th. Good run for Jimmie as well.
I think both Blaney and Bowman should have stayed out during the caution. With just a couple of laps left, I can't see that pitting then helped at all.
Steve Williams
Staff
Agree. I think Bowman likely would've won but they had to know a bunch were going to stay out.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

Agree with difference between short and long runs. End the end just depended on when or if the yellow cane out. Bubba and Matt D both had a good day. My driver needed a cation between 10-20 laps left to have a chance.
Bell Tower Grey
The Xfinity Series is back in action with today's 300-mile race at Auto Club Speedway.

Today's action also includes Xfinity and Cup qualifying.

The top four finishers from last year's race: Cole Custer, [url=http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nas/123/kyle-busch][/url]Kyle Busch, Christopher Bell and Tyler Reddick are not competing in today's race. The top-finishing driver competing in today's Xfinity race is Chase Briscoe, who was fifth last year.

Here is today's schedule:

(All times are Eastern)
10 a.m. 4 p.m. Cup garage open
11:30 a.m. Xfinity garage opens
1:05 p.m. Xfinity qualifying; one car/single lap (FS1)
2:15 p.m. Xfinity driver-crew chief introductions
2:35 p.m. Cup qualifying; one car/single lap (FS1, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)
3:30 p.m. Xfinity driver introductions
4 p.m. Production Alliance Group 300; 150 laps/300 miles (FS1, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)
ncsupack1
Watching Race Hub and relaxing before Xfinity race today. Looks like a beautiful day. Hopefully Harvick qualifies well.
Steve Williams
Staff
Looks like Kyle Larson took up Harvick's bet that no one could beat Busch in the truck series.
Steve Williams
Staff
Alex Bowman with his second win. Really cool start with Jimmie Johnson leading the field stacked five wide. Really hoped he might find a way to pull it out today.
TraCha4
NASCAR has been hard to watch the past few years but I will say that through the first three races, the racing has actually been pretty good this year. I have enjoyed the first three. Whatever changes they made to the cars this year has made things more interesting.
ncsupack1
Thought JJ was gonna get one today. So far imo....the racing has been great.
ncsupack1
Interesting...NASCAR is going to a single lug nut on the next Gen car...sorry about no link...
Steve Williams
Staff
TraCha4 said:

NASCAR has been hard to watch the past few years but I will say that through the first three races, the racing has actually been pretty good this year. I have enjoyed the first three. Whatever changes they made to the cars this year has made things more interesting.
I agree. With very few cautions it was still a fairly entertaining race.
ncsupack1
What's everyone's thoughts about the Clash being run on the road course? Me, not a fan...maybe it will grow on me...
Steve Williams
Staff
I'm not a fan either. I've always looked at the clash as a tuneup for the 500.
ncsupack1
Same here.
TraCha4
Not a fan
Bell Tower Grey
nascar just can't get out of their own way. Green Acres braintrust at work.
ncsupack1
I can't wait to see the new car next year...I think the racing here of late has been great....
ncsupack1
Today is race day in Phoenix. Chase on the pole, can't wait to see this package on the short tracks.
Steve Williams
Staff
Logano with the win. Didn't see the entire race but what I did see was fairly entertaining. "So far" it appears the racing has been much more entertaining. Hopefully the trend continues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.