NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,990 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet driven by Chase Elliott was disqualified Sunday for having five loose lug nuts in post-race inspection at Nashville Superspeedway
TheStorm
This might be the most dominant stretch of racing (Larson) that I can remember in my lifetime... still a small sample size (8 races) but right now, nobody can touch him.

BTW, Byron finished 3rd and is 3rd in the "real" points.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Tuesday, June 22
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Presents Trackhouse: Get Ready (re-air), FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1987 Winston 500, (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, June 23
2 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rackley Roofing 200 (re-air), FS2

Thursday, June 24
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Series Modified Tour at Riverhead (tape delay), NBCSN
5:30 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN

Friday, June 25
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200, FS1

On MRN
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200

Saturday, June 26
6:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS2
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Pocono, FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150, FS1
2 p.m., Lost Speedways: Danger Zone (re-air), NBCSN
2:30 p.m., Countdown to Green: Pocono, NBCSN
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Pocono Race 1, NBCSN (Canada: TSN2)
8 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150 (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., Renegades: The Bad Boys of NASCAR (re-air), FS2

On MRN
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Pocono Race 1

Sunday, June 27
6 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pocono Green 225 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons, NBCSN (Canada: TSN3, 5)
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Explore the Pocono Mountains 350, NBCSN (Canada: TSN3, 5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show: Pocono, NBCSN
7 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Six Hours of the Glen, NBCSN

On MRN
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pocono Green 225 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Explore the Pocono Mountains 350
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NBCSN earned a 1.46 rating and 2.590 million viewers for Sunday's @Ally 400 at Nashville Superspeedway.

The race was the second highest rated sports event on cable TV last week, only behind @NBA playoffs. https://t.co/SPham1Ahhm
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Wonder if nascar will have a talk with Darrell Wallace? Seems to me he needs to check himself, based on his season results so far. This is some of his post race comments from Nashville:

After qualifying 21st, Wallace managed to stay out of trouble for the first part of the race while numerous cars experienced brake issues. Then, on lap 132, Wallace brought out the caution when he ran over debris on the track, which cut his left rear tire, and he lost control of the car and spun. He was not happy.

"They didn't clean up f rotor parts on the front stretch. Piss poor job by them," Wallace said over his radio. "F pathetic. We have s f races because they didn't do their job. Right here. Right here under the flagman's f nose."

With three top-15 finishes in his last four races, Wallace entered Sunday's race at Nashville Superspeedway confident. In addition, Nashville provided a level playing field for the drivers since the Cup Series hadn't raced at the track since it opened in 2001.

Unfortunately for Wallace, he's become quite familiar with spinning in recent weeks. Last week at the All-Star Open at Texas Motor Speedway, Wallace sat in fourth place in the first round when he lost control of his vehicle without any contact, effectively ending his chances of advancing to the All-Star Race.

On Sunday, the spin after running over debris wasn't the only time Wallace brought out the caution. With 83 laps remaining, he made slight contact with Michael McDowell and spun out into the infield grass.
Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

This might be the most dominant stretch of racing (Larson) that I can remember in my lifetime... still a small sample size (8 races) but right now, nobody can touch him.

Not sure if you remember him, but meet Harry Gant:

"Mr. September"

Gant's most famous nickname comes from one of his greatest feats in his racing career. In September 1991, Gant won all four September Cup races in a row, in the cities of Darlington, Richmond, Dover and Martinsville. He also won both Busch races at Richmond and Dover. This series of wins created the highlight of Gant's career.
BBW12OG
"Handsome Harry".....

Back when NASCAR was the second most popular sport in America.......

Miss those days.... Hell... they made movies on a regular basis that were selling out. Third generation of ownership never fails to fail.

"Car of tomorrow...," moving races out of the South to expand...., how'd that work out?

I went to every race in NC from 1986 until 1995.... plus quite a few in Darlington, Martinsville, Richmond and was lucky enough to see a few in Bristol. That era to me, was the best. It wasn't the "Golden Era" but for a 48 year old who had to suffer and watch the Rainbow Warrior take over... it was awesome.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Not sure if you remember him, but meet Harry Gant:

"Mr. September"

Gant's most famous nickname comes from one of his greatest feats in his racing career. In September 1991, Gant won all four September Cup races in a row, in the cities of Darlington, Richmond, Dover and Martinsville. He also won both Busch races at Richmond and Dover. This series of wins created the highlight of Gant's career.

I remember him (and that streak very, very well - as it came out of nowhere and towards the end of his career)... but this particular s t r e a k might even be more dominant than anything that Petty did in the 60's, Earnhardt did in the 80's, Gordon did in the late 90's or Johnson did in the late 00's / early 10's...

Last eight (8) Cup races - 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st (All-Star), 1st... and I can't remember exactly how many of those 2nd's he led the most laps and was literally "running away from the field" under green only to lose due to a last second caution and getting beat out of the pits (I'd venture at least 2 of those 4 - if not more).
TheStorm
BBW12OG said:

"Handsome Harry".....

Back when NASCAR was the second most popular sport in America.......

Miss those days.... Hell... they made movies on a regular basis that were selling out. Third generation of ownership never fails to fail.

"Car of tomorrow...," moving races out of the South to expand...., how'd that work out?

I went to every race in NC from 1986 until 1995.... plus quite a few in Darlington, Martinsville, Richmond and was lucky enough to see a few in Bristol. That era to me, was the best. It wasn't the "Golden Era" but for a 48 year old who had to suffer and watch the Rainbow Warrior take over... it was awesome.
Gordon's paint scheme was for DuPont's Automotive finishes... several years in, when certain groups started to attach themselves to his paint scheme and pit crew nickname, the rainbow was changed to flames... and first of all, if "The Chase" hadn't of started I'm pretty sure that Gordon would have been the one with seven (7) championships right now instead of Johnson.
BBW12OG
Oh I know it wasn't for the current "rainbow warriors" of today.... Which I have zero problem with.

I was a HUGE Jeff Gordon fan when he drove the Baby Ruth Ford. He decided to sign with the "corporate" team and roll with a piece of Shoverelot!!

Growing up you were either Ford or Chevy.... NASCAR also had Pontiac, Buick and Oldsmobile that were competitive when I was growing up but at the end of the day you pulled for the truck that your Grandpa drove!
I pulled like hell for Rusty Wallace when he drove the #27 Kodiak Pontiac. I was in the pits at Rockingham for qualifying in February '86 and he was all to welcome to show me, my buddy and his dad around his pit.

That was when NASCAR was approachable. My buddy's dad worked for Centel, the phone company, and they were a corporate sponsor and he had pit passes for qualifying and the Busch Race. Great seats for the Sunday race. And that was when qualifying was on Thursdays, during the day, not at night!

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
I've never really cared for the playoffs in NASCAR. I would like to see a points system similar to F1, with a bonus for the win.

Top 15 or 20 get points with the top places getting the most. For instance, with 20 places getting points, 1st place = 20 points (with a bonus), 2nd place = 19 points, and so on...

With that system, the cars struggling around the track could just drop out and clear it up for the contenders. Also, drop stage points! Too many chances to get points for meaningless stuff...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Oh I know it wasn't for the current "rainbow warriors" of today.... Which I have zero problem with.

I was a HUGE Jeff Gordon fan when he drove the Baby Ruth Ford. He decided to sign with the "corporate" team and roll with a piece of Shoverelot!!

Growing up you were either Ford or Chevy.... NASCAR had Pontiac, Buick and Oldsmobile but at the end of the day you pulled for the truck that your Grandpa drove!

Yep, I pulled for Chevrolet...

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

@TeamHendrick is announcing today that @JeffGordonWeb will become vice chairman of the team next year and leave @FoxSports as a result.

Rick Hendrick has reaffirmed that he's healthy/intends to remain active with the team, and that this "is exactly why it's the right time." https://t.co/ixdi31GRTC
Wolfer79
More ratings:
-- Solid debut for NASCAR at Nashville
-- F1 French GP tops million mark, nears cable record
-- More declines for Olympic Trials
-- Plus: SRX week two pulls nearly even with debut
https://t.co/jIdWKXyVPQ
Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

Nice car --- moreso, amazing how Harvick and Hamlin have fallen off the cliff this year. After both were dominant last season.
ncsupack1
Agree. The rule that NASCAR made after last year has killed SHR and Harvick more so, has really hurt. Not sure what's going on with the 11 tho.
TheStorm
And yet Hamlin still leads everyone in "real" points.

https://www.nascar.com/standings/nascar-cup-series/
Wolfer79
Friday, June 25
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200, FS1

On MRN
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

With zero winsthat's a bad point system.
Also shows.I've become such a casual fan (have not watched any racing in at least a couple months) , I don't pay attention any longer to who is leading in points, just hear who wins the races
Wolfer79
Ryan McGee

From my pal and coworker @WillisOnNASCAR for ESPN: NASCAR at the halfway point: What we've learned. The dirt, so far, on the 2021 #NASCAR season

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

With zero winsthat's a bad point system.
Also shows.I've become such a casual fan (have not watched any racing in at least a couple months) , I don't pay attention any longer to who is leading in points, just hear who wins the races
When they reset for "The Chase" that's when it becomes more of a factor...
Wolfer79
The NASCAR world mourns the loss of Hall of Famer Jack Ingram, who has passed at the age of 84: https://t.co/BWDYOWrFUA. https://t.co/u2kyIhtgD5
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@RoushFenway has told partners that it has a done deal with @Keselowski to become driver and co-owner starting in 2022, per sources, though it has held off on announcing in deference to @Team_Penske.

@Jim_Utter first reported in May that Keselowski was considering the offer. https://t.co/Odn1rlw7P3
Wolfer79
Saturday, June 26
6:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS2
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Pocono, FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150, FS1
2 p.m., Lost Speedways: Danger Zone (re-air), NBCSN
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Pocono Race 1, NBCSN (Canada: TSN2)
8 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150 (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., Renegades: The Bad Boys of NASCAR (re-air), FS2

On MRN
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Pocono Race 1
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Camping World Series
CRC Brakleen 150, Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA
Race FS1, noon

NASCAR Cup Series
Pocono Organics CBD 325, Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA
Race NBCSN, 3 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBCSN, 2:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
Wowworst kept secret it seems. Really excited to see what he can do there.
MayorStoner
Kyle Larson was leading, one turn to go, about to get 4 wins in a row....blows a tire, hits the wall...Alex Bowman wins. Wow.
Wolfer79
Sunday, June 27
6 a.m., ARCA Menards Series General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 (re-air), FS1
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 150 (re-air), FS1
12 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pocono Green 225 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons, NBCSN (Canada: TSN3, 5)
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Explore the Pocono Mountains 350, NBCSN (Canada: TSN3, 5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show: Pocono, NBCSN
7 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing: Six Hours of the Glen, NBCSN

On MRN
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pocono Green 225 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Explore the Pocono Mountains 350
ncsupack1
Great race today! Overall a great weekend of racing.
Wolfer79
Monday, June 28
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series CRC Brakleen 150 (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., Classic NASCAR: 1994: Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS1

Tuesday, June 29
7 p.m., Classic NASCAR: 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, June 30
5 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Six Hours of the Glen at Watkins Glen International (tape delay), NBCSN
7 p.m., Refuse to Lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1

Thursday, July 1
6 p.m., IMSA Lamborghini Super Trofeo: Watkins Glen International (tape delay), NBCSN
7 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN

Friday, July 2
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Saturday, July 3
12 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Qualifying, NBCSN
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1:30 p.m., Coffee with Kyle, NBCSN
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN4)
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Henry 180 at Road America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN4)
8 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Watkins Glen International (re-air), NBCSN

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Practice
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Henry 180

Sunday, July 4
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying, NBC Sports App
12 p.m., NASCAR Raceday, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN1, 4, 5)
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Jockey Made in America 250 presented by Kwik Trip at Road America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN1, 4, 5)
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., Coffee with Kyle (re-air), NBCSN

On MRN:
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Jockey Made in America 250 presented by Kwik Trip
caryking
I thought the beginning of the third stage was really good. Also, I really don't care for gas mileage races. It will lead to a winner that doesn't have the best car. Now, Kyle Busch may have had the best car; however, he was running in 4th gear only. I just don't think that's racing (ok, it's part of racing).

It is what it is...

Not a bad points weekend for Kyle Larson

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.