NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,984 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
tuffy1006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I have started a small collection. Love going to flea markets, got most these in randolph county...trying to get cars that represent drivers ive seen win in person and the cars they won in. Tho I didnt see Petty and DW win in person, DW was my favorite and I got to see Richard's last Daytona race in July 92(he sat on outside pole and led first 5 laps, crowd went nuts).

Still have several to go....

ncsupack1
That's a pretty good collection. I've got one as well, lots...drives my wife nuts...
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Still need to try this...buddy of mine said they were good.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@DoorDash has signed a multiyear deal to become an official partner of @NASCAR, growing its presence in the sport to the league level.

DoorDash becomes official on-demand delivery platform of NASCAR/gets rights to activate at 11 venues plus social/digital/MRN/esports assets. https://t.co/fvgpK2na8J
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Contender Boats 250, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
Race FS1, 4:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity at Homestead-Miami FS1, 4 p.m.
Wolfer79
Details for Saturday's Miami Xfinity race:
(All times are Eastern)

START: Command to start engines by Joe Neber, Contender Boats owner and president, at 4:32 p.m. Green flag is scheduled to wave at 4:42 p.m.

PRERACE: Garage open at 10 a.m. Drivers report to their vehicles at 4:05 p.m. Driver introductions at 4:10 p.m. Invocation by Pastor David McCloud, Granada Church (Coral Gables, Fla.), at 4:24 p.m. National anthem will be performed at 4:24 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 167 laps (250.5 miles) on the 1.5-mile speedway

STAGES: Stage 1 ends at Lap 40. Stage 2 ends at Lap 80.

TV/RADIO: FS1 race broadcast begins at 4:30 p.m., with coverage beginning at 4 p.m. Motor Racing Network radio coverage begins at 4 p.m. and will also stream at MRN.com; SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the broadcast.

STREAMING: FS1 race broadcast

FORECAST: The wunderground.com forecast calls for mostly sunny skies, high of 82 degrees with a 2% chance of rain at race start.
Wolfer79
Marty and McGee this morning

today would have been Davey Allison's 60th birthday
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Happy race day guys. Ready to see a good race on one of the better tracks.
Wolfer79
Here's all the information you need to get ready for Sunday's Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway:

START TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET.

TV: Fox. Pre-race broadcast begins at 3 p.m. ET.

RADIO: Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

STREAMING: Fox Sports Go (must have TV provider) and FOX Sports app, YouTube TV (2-week free trial), Hulu + Live TV (7-day free trial), Sling TV (3-day free trial), fuboTV (7-day free trial).

RACE DISTANCE: 267 laps around the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway for a total of 400 miles.

STAGE LENGTHS (laps per stage): Stage 1: 80, Stage 2: 80, Stage 3: 107.

Steve Williams
Staff
I could be wrong but I think through two races, both Xfinity and NASCAR winners so far have been first time winners.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

I could be wrong but I think through two races, both Xfinity and NASCAR winners so far have been first time winners.

I believe that you are right, Cup level that is.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Steve Williams said:

That's good for the sport...
PossumJenkins
Caught just a bit of the xfin race yesterday...man homestead is so much fun to watch on restarts
ncsupack1
pineknollshoresking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Steve Williams said:

That's good for the sport...

Agree. Nice seeing some new faces winning.
Steve Williams
Staff
24 wins, third different winner thus far in 21. But man, Tyler Reddick was coming at the end. The story of the year so far has to be Michael McDowell. Three top tens, a win and sitting fourth in points.
ncsupack1
Agree. That team has started the year strong. Congrats to the 24 team, so far the season has been good.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

24 wins, third different winner thus far in 21. But man, Tyler Reddick was coming at the end. The story of the year so far has to be Michael McDowell. Three top tens, a win and sitting fourth in points.
Watching Reddick ride that outside wall line as well as he did reminded me quite a bit of Dale Sr. Young man drove a great race. If he keeps it up, I may have a new favorite young driver to pull for.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

The Martinsville Xfinity Series race in October will be called the @DeadOnTools 250 as part of a new partnership with the company. https://t.co/oZArGFRkqT
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

The second Texas Motor Speedway IndyCar Series race in May will be called the @XPEL 375 as part of a new deal with the company, which already sponsors Team Penske. https://t.co/kpKfuw8rR3
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@FoxTV earned a 2.48 rating and 4.239 million viewers for Sunday's @DixieVodka 400, down from the comparable third-race slot last year (Auto Club: 2.9 rating/4.8 million), but good enough to make @NASCAR the most-watched sport event of the weekend for the third consecutive week. https://t.co/3t4e7DaCXj
Wolfer79
Sports Media Watch

NASCAR Homestead-Miami viewership highest in four years, but down from week three of last season (Auto Club). Top sporting event of weekend: https://t.co/zs0W9GAFKc
Wolfer79
.Adam Stern

@FS1 earned 1.238 million viewers for Saturday's NASCAR Xfinity Series race near Miami, up 4% from the comparable weekend slot at Auto Club last year (1.194 million). https://t.co/iYN6UXptb7
Wolfer79
Monday, March 1
Midnight, NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami (re-air), FS1
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami (re-air), FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 250 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
9 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, March 2
Midnight, The Golden Hour: Making of Days of Thunder (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
7 p.m., NASCAR Live

Wednesday, March 3

Thursday, March 4
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Contender Boats 250 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (re-air), FS2
8 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN
11 p.m., ARCA Menards Series East: Pensacola 200 at 5 Flags Speedway (tape delay), NBCSN

Friday, March 5
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series: Bucked Up 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1

On MRN:
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Bucked Up 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Saturday, March 6
1:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series: Bucked Up 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series: Bucked Up 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Bucked Up 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas (re-air), FS2
4 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1 (Canada: TSN 4)

On PRN:
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Sunday, March 7
1 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive Las Vegas (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FOX
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, FOX (Canada: TSN 2)
10 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1

On PRN:
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Wolfer79
I think this has NASCAR implications

Email Sling just sent to its subscribers. "As of 4/1/2021, NBC Regional Sports Networks will no longer be on Sling."

Sling: "We are committed to providing the best value with the flexibility our customer's deserve and, unfortunately, we were unable to come to an agreement on those terms."

ncsupack1
Interesting. Haven't gotten anything from Spectrum.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Dish, Sling dropping NBC Sports RSNs on April 1st

ncsupack1
I guess the end for NBCSports is near.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

I guess the end for NBCSports is near.

with what NBC is doing with Peacock+ and moving sports to that service, not much left for NBCSportsNetwork
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR has signed grocery delivery platform @Instacart to be title sponsor of Phoenix Raceway's Cup Series race this spring, bringing another online delivery brand into the sport alongside @DoorDash. https://t.co/qypQMMoT6e
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR has signed @CookOut to a multiyear contract extension to continue as official QSR and race entitlement partner of Darlington and its Southern 500 in September.

Cook Out is looking at doing in-store promotions around the race this year among other activations.

Wolfer79
FOX NASCAR adds two more rookie stripes to its lineup of driver analysts.

@TylerReddick and @Daniel_SuarezG are the newest drivers moonlighting as race analysts on FOX Sports' @NASCAR_Xfinity and @NASCAR_Trucks race telecasts this season.

: https://t.co/y7FhVYaTN9 https://t.co/fieaB87Qfr

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.