NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,972 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
strange development in the business of sports

.@HailieDeegan is increasingly finding brands who want to pay her for social media posts but have no interest in being on her race car or fire suit.

@MVPindex says she is the No. 7 female athlete in the world for social value generated for partners.

Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

I liked what I saw yesterday. I don't need 10-14 cars wrecking out. Glad that JL is okay, that looked wild from Wallace's car cam.
Looked like something from the movie Twister. Unreal.
Yep. Still, that Ryan Newman crash at Daytona might top the modern day list of bad.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

I liked what I saw yesterday. I don't need 10-14 cars wrecking out. Glad that JL is okay, that looked wild from Wallace's car cam.
Yep. Still, that Ryan Newman crash at Daytona might top the modern day list of bad.

and they all lived

think that would have happened 20 years ago
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

and they all lived

It didn't.

Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

and they all lived

It didn't.

the reason I picked 20 years

I went back and read Ryan McGee feature series on NASCAR safety improvements after Dale's death and it seems it jumped the sport light years. Or maybe the sport realized what had to be done.
Wolfer79
Tuesday, April 27
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

On MRN:
7 p.m., NASCAR Live

Wednesday, April 28

Thursday, April 29
6:30 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Kansas Speedway, FS2

Friday, April 30
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS1

Saturday, May 1
1:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dutch Boy 150 at Kansas Speedway, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Kansas Speedway, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway, FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS2

On MRN:
1:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dutch Boy 150 at Kansas Motor Speedway
7 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway

Sunday, May 2
1 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dutch Boy 150 at Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dutch Boy 150 at Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS1
7 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Cup Series at Kansas Speedway, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Buschy McBusch Race 400 at Kansas Speedway, FS1 (Canada: TSN5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show at Kansas, FS1

On MRN:
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Buschy McBusch Race 400 at Kansas Speedway
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR is exploring running a real-life street circuit race in Chicago in the coming years, sources say.

The earliest it would happen is 2022, but planning is still in the early to middle stages, and it's possible the project could get delayed. https://t.co/KacAIQYF0c
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@FoxTV earned a 2.81 rating and 4.701 million viewers for Sunday's @Geico 500 at Talladega, up 4% from the 2019 edition and one of the highest rated races since last year's May Darlington event after the pandemic break.

It was the highest-rated sports event of the weekend. https://t.co/OCUStyY15N
WarrenPeace
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

.@NASCAR is exploring running a real-life street circuit race in Chicago in the coming years, sources say.

The earliest it would happen is 2022, but planning is still in the early to middle stages, and it's possible the project could get delayed. https://t.co/KacAIQYF0c

That's cool.
WarrenPeace
Wolfer79 said:

Nice looking ride
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

That's a fine looking car.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Darrell Waltrip says "hold my Gatorade while I drive this Laguna"

TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Darrell Waltrip says "hold my Gatorade while I drive this Monte Carlo"

This is from the "Jaws" era... I don't think the Laguna materialized until the mid 80's.
Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

This is from the "Jaws" era... I don't think the Laguna materialized until the mid 80's.
Try the googles...that's where I got it from and the information says Laguna. I could be mistaken, however, as I was under the influence of pain medication at the time I was reading the thread on Tuesday.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Try the googles...that's where I got it from and the information says Laguna. I could be mistaken, however, as I was under the influence of pain medication at the time I was reading the thread on Tuesday.
Besides, wasn't it the "Lumina"?

I am however seeing a Chevrolet Chevelle Laguna circa 1973 / 1974... I thought DW came in right about that time at the earliest... and he wasn't good immediately.
tuffy1006
TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I am however seeing a Chevrolet Chevelle Laguna circa 1973 / 1974... I thought DW came in right about that time at the earliest... and he wasn't good immediately.
Lumina didnt come about until 1989. That gatorade car was a Laguna. Late 70's. He won the 79 rebel 400 in that car. Look up that finish. Classic.
Bell Tower Grey
tuffy1006 said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Lumina didnt come about until 1989. That gatorade car was a Laguna. Late 70's. He won the 79 rebel 400 in that car. Look up that finish. Classic.
Rusty Wallace also drove a Gatorade sponsored car.

Wolfer79
Thursday, April 29
6:30 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Kansas Speedway, FS2
MayorStoner
Bell Tower Grey said:

tuffy1006 said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Rusty Wallace also drove a Gatorade sponsored car.

Bobby Allison and Ricky Rudd also drove that car. Geoff Bodine may have too...memory getting fuzzy.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Even if he wasn't your favorite driver, there is no denying that he was in fact a badass...
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

The @RaceTeamAllianc has commissioned @Nielsen to study the potential value for sponsors of moving car number decals, per sources.

No final decision on whether to move the numbers, or to where, has been made yet, but one is expected by early summer.https://t.co/q9UPsexfwl
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Agree, one of a kind.
ncsupack1
Was at the ALL-STAR race last year, wasn't as bad as I thought it would look. But still not a fan.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Saturday, May 1
1:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Dutch Boy 150 at Kansas Speedway, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Kansas Speedway, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway, FS1
11 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: Wise Power 200 at Kansas Speedway (re-air), FS2
ncsupack1
As a SHR fan not sure if any, what kind of impact this has.
TheStorm
tuffy1006 said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Yep. I'm definitely wrong on that then... funny thing is that this is the year right after I started driving and I don't even remember the "Laguna".
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

TheStorm
Donnie Allison?

Another Laguna?

(damn, ya'll are just piling on now)
Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

Donnie Allison?

Another Laguna?

(damn, ya'll are just piling on now)
Hell, Cale Yarborough and Bobby Allison drove them, too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.