NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,965 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Williams said:

This 43 looks sharp.

that is cool
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Steve Williams said:

This 43 looks sharp.

that is cool

Looks sharp....
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR has informed industry stakeholders on how many guests they'll be allowed to bring back to garage/pit road, starting with four guests per car and two per driver at Darlington, per sources.

OEMs will get three, track 10 and NASCAR 20, for a total of around 275 people.

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Good to see.
Wolfer79
-- NASCAR scores largest audience at Richmond since 2017
-- Big jump for Braves-Cubs on Sunday Night Baseball
-- PGA Tour scores another bump at the Heritage, with caveat
-- Alabama spring game most-watched since 2016
https://t.co/yiwORb6LH5
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

5 Wide?

That's all I can come up with.
Wolfer79
Saturday, April 24
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway, FS1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series, FOX
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway, FOX (Canada: TSN3, 5)
11 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
1 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway
Wolfer79
Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

He was one of my early childhood NASCAR hero's. Him along with Fred Lorenzon, Leroy Yarborough.
ncsupack1
Hopefully the rain leaves later today and we get a race in. Also, hope everyone stays safe down there today.
caryking
I've got to go to a wedding, on Sunday, and will miss the race. What a bummer...
Bell Tower Grey
pineknollshoresking said:

I've got to go to a wedding, on Sunday, and will miss the race. What a bummer...
Damn. That's almost as bad as having a wedding during football season. WTH were they thinking?
MayorStoner

I have missed a couple of weddings on account of them being scheduled at just really bad times. One person had theirs scheduled during the Indy 500 few years ago and the other when State had a saturday night fb game several years back. I dont know what these people are thinking.???
ncsupack1

That sucks for sure. I've missed things in the past for either a race or football game.
Bell Tower Grey
The ARCA race is pretty good so far. 30 laps remaining. Dollar (last years winner) is in front right now.
Busch cars up next. 4 pm on Fox
Bell Tower Grey
Jeb Burton (Wahwd's boy) wins the rain shortened Ag Pro Busch Race today. First Busch win of his career. He's locked into the playoffs now.
ncsupack1
Happy to see him get a win.
Wolfer79
Sunday, April 25
8 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
11 a.m., eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series: Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Cup Series, FOX
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, FOX (Canada: TSN1, 5)
9:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 200 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
11:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS1

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

That sucks for sure. I've missed things in the past for either a race or football game.
I tried to get out of it; however, my wife was adamant I go. You know the saying: if the wife ain't happy, the whole house ain't happy!!

So, I'm going...
Wolfer79
Details for Sunday's Talladega Cup race:
(All times are Eastern)
START: The command to start engines will be given at 2:08 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to wave at 2:20 p.m.
PRERACE: Cup garage opens at 7 a.m. Drivers report to their cars at 1:40 p.m. Driver introductions are at 1:45 p.m. Barbara Embry of Citizen's Baptist Medical Center will give the invocation at 2 p.m. The 313th United States Army Band will perform the national anthem at 2:01 p.m.
DISTANCE: The race is 188 laps (500 miles) on the 2.66-mile speedway.
STAGES: Stage 1 ends at Lap 60. Stage 2 ends at Lap 120.
TV/RADIO: Fox will broadcast the race. Coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. on FS1 and switches to Fox at 1:30 p.m. Motor Racing Network's radio coverage begins at 1 p.m. and also will stream at MRN.com; SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the broadcast.
STREAMING: Fox
FORECAST: The wunderground.com forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 68 degrees and a 1% chance of rain at race start.
Bell Tower Grey
Got 3 dozen wings on the smoker, and 12 Devil's Backbone beers icing down for the race.

Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

Got 3 dozen wings on the smoker, and 12 Devil's Backbone beers icing down for the race.

what about other 2 stages?
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

what about other 2 stages?
Last stage is the one I'm concerned about. Mrs. BTG mentioned something about a thing called "salad"
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

That's what I'm talking about. We are doing poppers for snacks. Later will be choice ribeye on the Weber. Wife is heading up the sides. Cheers! As a 4 fan, it's Busch beer today.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

That's what I'm talking about. We are doing poppers for snacks. Later will be choice ribeye on the Weber. Wife is heading up the sides. Cheers! As a 4 fan, it's Busch beer today.
Cheers to you as well! I'm a 9 guy since Jr. retired, but anxiously awaiting Harrison Burton to move up. I really like his potential in cup.
Wolfer79
Wallace also has some damage to his roof after Logano flipped over him ... Wallace: "I'm telling you, my underwear is worse than my car."

Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cheers to you as well! I'm a 9 guy since Jr. retired, but anxiously awaiting Harrison Burton to move up. I really like his potential in cup.
Just saw that HB is in this race; need to pay more attention to starting field. He's in the #96 DEX Imaging Toyota. Having a nice little run - so far.
Glasswolf
Going to be a wild G-W-C
Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

Going to be a wild G-W-C
Anti-climactic to say the least. Announcers thought 21 took wrong line. I'm not sure...I think if he had, that line behind him was so fast, someone was bound to pull a wth move and then cause the big one, thus handing the Wood Bros their 100th win.

I'm blaming the spotter on that line pick, unless it's on audiotape that DiBenedetto made the line choice that he did.
TheStorm
Another strong run by William Byron in my #24!
caryking
Just got in from the wedding. I thought Brad K got in the wreck, with Lugano, and messed up his car. How the heck did he end up winning?
ncsupack1
I liked what I saw yesterday. I don't need 10-14 cars wrecking out. Glad that JL is okay, that looked wild from Wallace's car cam.
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

I liked what I saw yesterday. I don't need 10-14 cars wrecking out. Glad that JL is okay, that looked wild from Wallace's car cam.
Looked like something from the movie Twister. Unreal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.