NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,960 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never been to Nashville, but I will say that car looks good.
Wolfer79
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Daniel Suarez's 6 race sponsorship paint from "Tootsie's Orchid Lounge".... damn.

BTG, when i first read your post, I thought it was Tootie's Orchid Lounge........and I started thinking that
my late brother Tootie would be tickled pink if he knew that there was an actual club / lounge named
Tootie's !

Thanks for posting....that is a pretty loud car. I wonder what the old timers think of a purple as the main color Nascar machine.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Daniel Suarez's 6 race sponsorship paint from "Tootsie's Orchid Lounge".... damn.

BTG, when i first read your post, I thought it was Tootie's Orchid Lounge........and I started thinking that
my late brother Tootie would be tickled pink if he knew that there was an actual club / lounge named
Tootie's !

Thanks for posting....that is a pretty loud car. I wonder what the old timers think of a purple as the main color Nascar machine.
I'm guessing the old guys probably don't care anymore. The sport they grew and loved is long gone. Hell, other than the next fight, all some of them worried about was not having a green car to drive.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@MarsGlobal maker of @MMsChocolate is set to exit NASCAR and JGR after the 2022 season, after a longtime run in the sport.

@Pernski: "I hope in 2022 we can focus on thanking them, and we'll be really excited to announce who will be on the car with Interstate in 2023." https://t.co/K7EUiBo4Te
ncsupack1
That hurts. Mars has been in the sport for a long time. Interested to see who JGR has lined up.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Some key members of Mars Wrigley's executive team have changed since the last time @JoeGibbsRacing earned a renewal from the company (negotiated in 2018/announced in Feb. 2019).

Mars President Anton Vincent joined in May 2019 and Mars got a new CMO in June 2020 in Sarah Long. https://t.co/GUUGpcIcbs
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@Pernski: "There are expanded options for companies on where to spend their marketing dollars things that didn't even exist 10 years ago. Companies always have different people with different things they want to try, and it sounds like there's some things they want to try." https://t.co/6Um3Dgcw5o
Wolfer79
Ryan McGee

NASCAR says it's going with 670 horsepower and 4-inch spoiler in 2022 at every track that isn't Daytona and Talladega. I am not a racecar driver, but those who are tell me this is good. More control to drivers instead of leaving it all to Sir Isaac Newton and air.

https://twitter.com/ESPNMcGee/status/1473325501305524227?t=fRnwc_sWuohvVK7yudld5g&s=19
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Ryan McGee

NASCAR says it's going with 670 horsepower and 4-inch spoiler in 2022 at every track that isn't Daytona and Talladega. I am not a racecar driver, but those who are tell me this is good. More control to drivers instead of leaving it all to Sir Isaac Newton and air.

https://twitter.com/ESPNMcGee/status/1473325501305524227?t=fRnwc_sWuohvVK7yudld5g&s=19
From what I've read, seems like the right thing to do.
ncsupack1
Seems to be the case most of the time, tuff for sure right now with the internet and digital platforms.
Bell Tower Grey
Sad News Bob Keselowski

DECEMBER 22, 2021 AT 10:27 A
Brad and Brian Keselowski's father, Bob, has passed away.
Last week, Brian stated on Twitter that Bob battled cancer for the past two years and was "nearing the end of his amazing, fast paced life."
Bob won the ARCA Menards Series championship in 1989 and won 24 career races over a 12-year stint. He made one Cup start in 1995 at Pocono Raceway.
NASCAR issued a statement: "Bob Keselowski was a true racer whose determination and love of the sport embodied the NASCAR and ARCA spirit. He worked tirelessly to build his family-owned team, doing whatever it took to compete. Our thoughts are with the Keselowski family during this difficult time.""

Sad News Steve Richards

DECEMBER 22, 2021 AT 6:39 AM
Steve Richards, of Performance Racing Network, passed away at 12:38 am on December 22, 2021 due to complications from COVID.
He had been hospitalized for a number of weeks.
NASCAR issued a statement: "For three decades Steve Richards worked to help bring NASCAR to fans across the country. Through his pit reporting for PRN and various hosting roles, he became a familiar name and voice to fans of the sport. Steve was a friend to many and he will be missed dearly."
ncsupack1
Sad all around.
Wolfer79
Martha Earnhardt, racing family matriarch, dies at 91
ncsupack1
RIP
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Martha Earnhardt, racing family matriarch, dies at 91
She was a very fine woman. Had the pleasure to meet both Mrs. Earnhardt and Flossie Johnson years ago; both were as genuine and down to earth as you would expect.

RIP, Mrs. Earnhardt.
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1
I'll be honest, they don't look bad at all.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

They don't. I kinda like the forward numbers. The primary sponsors certainly ought to.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

They don't. I kinda like the forward numbers. The primary sponsors certainly ought to.
Agree. We always go to around seven races a year, and I'll be honest, I'm excited to see this new car. Our first race to see live is Martinisville spring race.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Agree. We always go to around seven races a year, and I'll be honest, I'm excited to see this new car. Our first race to see live is Martinisville spring race.
I haven't been to any sporting event in years; however, I'm hoping this new car creates such good racing that it brings me back to the track.

Hell, for that matter, I might have to go see Wolfpack FB next year…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

I haven't been to any sporting event in years; however, I'm hoping this new car creates such good racing that it brings me back to the track.

Wow. Hope everything is okay, I love being at the tracks, fun times!
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Everything is great, my way. I really just lost interest in going to live sporting events. I've come to enjoy sports on TV. That said, I might need to take in an event in 2022…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Everything is great, my way. I really just lost interest in going to live sporting events. I've come to enjoy sports on TV. That said, I might need to take in an event in 2022…
Got ya. There is something to be said about watching from the house. For us the at track is great. Hope you hit one up.
Wolfer79
NASCAR

NASCAR Beyond the Wheel FS1, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Speedway Motorsports has promoted chief strategy officer @MikeBurchSM the right-hand man of @MarcusSMI to COO of the company, and promoted Bristol EVP/GM @JCaldwellBMS to president of the venue. https://t.co/hQZ1QVNlvb
Bell Tower Grey

ncsupack1
Look good. Ready to see them in the clash. That is going to be interesting.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Look good. Ready to see them in the clash. That is going to be interesting.
It really is. Looking forward to that.

Also, read this over if you haven't already. It's about tire testing at the re-made Atlanta track. Talk about interesting...

https://www.jayski.com/2022/01/08/drivers-complete-goodyear-test-at-atlanta-motor-speedway/
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@SmithfieldFoods this morning will announce that it has renewed with SHR for the 2022 season.

SHR is not releasing the number of primaries but said that Smithfield remains the anchor partner, meaning it will have the most of any brand on the No. 10 car this year. https://t.co/CTRteJr3ZR
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

@JTGRacing has a new sponsorship deal with Colgate-Palmolive soap brand @IrishSpring, which will promote its body wash on the No. 47 Chevy at the Daytona 500 and Bristol dirt race. https://t.co/LOmYlJy0k5
Bell Tower Grey
https://www.jayski.com/2022/01/10/aric-almirola-to-retire-after-2022-season/

Almirola hanging it up after this year.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

@JTGRacing has a new sponsorship deal with Colgate-Palmolive soap brand @IrishSpring, which will promote its body wash on the No. 47 Chevy at the Daytona 500 and Bristol dirt race. https://t.co/LOmYlJy0k5

Wolfer79
Adam Stern

St Louis track

.@WWTRaceway-Gateway says grandstand ticket sales are off to a strong start for its June NASCAR weekend: Top-tier seats for the Cup race are 60% sold out while second-tier seats are 54% sold, per @ChrisBlair4B.

Meanwhile, for the Truck race, top-tier tickets are 50% sold out. https://t.co/3SymIRP2r3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.