NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,966 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

NBC's Top 10 NASCAR Drivers of All Time

What did y'all think of their list?
Dale
Busch
R. Petty
Pearson
Yarborough
Gordon
Johnson
Allison
Waltrip
L. Petty
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

I've always found this difficult to judge -- because the eqpt and team play such a factor, and right or wrong, a reason I probably hold JJ and Gordon back a little..

OTOH, its really difficult to judge the old-timers...
So exact orders may be off a bit...but to me.

Senior
Petty
Pearson
Busch (I hate admitting, but dude can drive)
Waltrip
Gordon
JJ
Yarborough
B Allison (I think Davey may have made this list)
I think Harvick is getting up close to this......

Wolfer79
Monday, August 9
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: United Rentals 176, FS1 (re-air)
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Tuesday, August 10
1 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing Pilot Challenge Lime Rock Park 120, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing SportsCar Championship, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1 (re-air)
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Game Night Part 1, FS2 (re-air)
8 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Game Night Part 2, FS2 (re-air)
9 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Features Part 1, FS2 (re-air)
10 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Features Part 2, FS2 (re-air)
11 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Women in Wheels, FS2 (re-air)

Wednesday, August 11
1 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Series New Hampshire, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)
2 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Series New York, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)
3 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West Colorado National, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Thursday, August 12
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7 p.m., Renegades: The Bad Boys of NASCAR, FS1 (re-air)

Friday, August 13
Midnight, Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (re-air)
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Indianapolis Practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Classics: 1997 Daytona 500, FS1 (re-air)

Saturday, August 14
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pole Qualifying, NBC Sports App
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Indianapolis practice, NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
On PRN
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard

Sunday, August 15
5 a.m., NASCAR Presents Trackhouse: Get Ready, FS1 (re-air)
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Classics: 1994 Brickyard 400, FS1 (re-air)
9 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Busch Pole Qualifying, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
11 a.m., NASCAR Raceday: Indianapolis, FS1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green, NBC/NBC Sports App
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Verizon 200 at the Brickyard, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN3, 5)
4 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
9 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Series Stafford, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)
On PRN
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series Verizon 200 at the Brickyard
TheStorm
PackFansXL said:

I think it's pretty damn close to be honest... you could argue the order of any of the Top 3, but overall I agree with it pretty closely.
MayorStoner
Kyle Busch doesnt even sniff my top 10. I wish someone woulda made sure that idiot never got into the sport in the first place. IMO he has been one of the worst things to happen to NASCAR since it's inception. He and Brian France both can live on an island together.

I thoroughly believe Kyle Busch is one of the big reasons that the grandstands dont fill up. He is extremely unlikable....and I dont mean in a Dale Sr he's fun to hate kinda way either. I have a legit hate for the guy and dont think he is good for the sport in any way shape or form. That and the fact that the top driver in NASCAR had the personality of a wall (Jimmie Johnson) has really set nascar on it's struggle.

Gotta have likable guys in the sport. Dale Sr got boos but nobody wanted him out of the sport. Kyle Busch's sorry ass needs to go.
MayorStoner
RIP Bob Jenkins. I loved that guy. My most favorite announcer ever.
Packchem91
MayorStoner said:

Kyle Busch doesnt even sniff my top 10. I wish someone woulda made sure that idiot never got into the sport in the first place. IMO he has been one of the worst things to happen to NASCAR since it's inception. He and Brian France both can live on an island together.

I thoroughly believe Kyle Busch is one of the big reasons that the grandstands dont fill up. He is extremely unlikable....and I dont mean in a Dale Sr he's fun to hate kinda way either. I have a legit hate for the guy and dont think he is good for the sport in any way shape or form. That and the fact that the top driver in NASCAR had the personality of a wall (Jimmie Johnson) has really set nascar on it's struggle.

Gotta have likable guys in the sport. Dale Sr got boos but nobody wanted him out of the sport. Kyle Busch's sorry ass needs to go.
Oh I agree with your emotional feelings on Busch. Can't stand the guy, he actually contributes to me not caring to watch, to your point. I would be ok with him being permanently suspended (make up a reason).

But he can drive.

Also agree with your point on JJ, and frankly, most current drivers in general. So boring, in a sport that is historically based on personalities as much as performance.
As example, I want to like Chase....but man, hes not fun to hear talk....whereas his dad was captivating (beyond just his accent).
MayorStoner
Packchem91 said:

MayorStoner said:

Oh I agree with your emotional feelings on Busch. Can't stand the guy, he actually contributes to me not caring to watch, to your point. I would be ok with him being permanently suspended (make up a reason).

But he can drive.

Also agree with your point on JJ, and frankly, most current drivers in general. So boring, in a sport that is historically based on personalities as much as performance.
As example, I want to like Chase....but man, hes not fun to hear talk....whereas his dad was captivating (beyond just his accent).

JJ was simply too nice. I dont think he had an enemy in the garage. I cant even remember him getting in any type of scuffles lol

Chase is what he is. A 25 year old. His personality may develop still. Bill Elliott was probably still not very captivating at 25 yet. Maybe Chase just needs a lil time to develop his personality. Drivers were always so much more likable as they got older. Hell even Kurt Busch has gotten somewhat likable with age lol
Packchem91
MayorStoner said:

Packchem91 said:

MayorStoner said:

But he can drive.

JJ was simply too nice. I dont think he had an enemy in the garage. I cant even remember him getting in any type of scuffles lol

Chase is what he is. A 25 year old. His personality may develop still. Bill Elliott was probably still not very captivating at 25 yet. Maybe Chase just needs a lil time to develop his personality. Drivers were always so much more likable as they got older. Hell even Kurt Busch has gotten somewhat likable with age lol
Could be....but I think sponsor directives make the big impact too. These guys now are groomed with sponsors from early on, and learn what they can/should say, and what to avoid. Those guys don't want fighters and cussers and such. Which is understandable, but then detracts from the events. IMO.

And agree on Kurt Busch....and reality I think Kyle has mellowed out, but its difficult to escape from complete ******-ness.
Wolfer79
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

Is that a throwback to a Jeremy Mayfield scheme?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
MayorStoner
caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

nope....

caryking
MayorStoner said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

nope....

Yea, I see that now... thanks

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NBCSN earned a 1.25 rating and 2.124 million viewers for Sunday's Go Bowling at The Glen, down from 2.722 million in 2019.

The race was the most watched sports event on cable TV for the weekend. https://t.co/G7wgR2iGfk
Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

.@NBCSN earned a 1.25 rating and 2.124 million viewers for Sunday's Go Bowling at The Glen, down from 2.722 million in 2019.

The race was the most watched sports event on cable TV for the weekend. https://t.co/G7wgR2iGfk
Wow.....600k (22%) less watching. That doesn't seem good. I haven't really kept up with how the season-long ratings have gone, if this has been the trend, or if there were extenuating circumstances for this one?
Bell Tower Grey
Ima Jean Wood McDuffie, age 83, of Sanford, NC, died Sunday, August 8, 2021 at Sanford Manor Memory Care.

Jean was born in Moore County, NC on June 4, 1938 to the late Carmie Esley Wood and Esther Elbertie McLawhorn Wood. She was also preceded in death by her beloved husband John Delphus "J.D." McDuffie, Jr

Wow...eerie that she died three days shy of the date JD died (Aug. 11, 1991) thirty years ago, with nascar racing at Watkins Glen (where he died) on Sunday.
Tootie4Pack
Thanks for posting this, BTG. I remember watching that Watkins Glen race when JD died. Was at my in-laws house. You knew it was bad from the get go when they brought out a tarp to cover the car.

Always remember JD chomping on that cigar while working on his cars.
ncsupack1
About average really. I actually think the numbers are higher, I'm the only person that I know who has cable. All of my buddies and family watch NASCAR but watch by streaming or some other means. IMO it's a outdated way to gauge.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

About average really. I actually think the numbers are higher, I'm the only person that I know who has cable. All of my buddies and family watch NASCAR but watch by streaming or some other means. IMO it's a outdated way to gauge.
ahhhhh....interesting, I didn't really think about how it wouldn't include streaming.
ncsupack1
That's a guess, I know some sports including the NFL, have been arguing about this. Like I said, I'm the only person I know that has cable. Also, the stands have looked pretty good this year compared to previous.
Wolfer79
Friday, August 13
Midnight, Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (re-air)
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Indianapolis Practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Classics: 1997 Daytona 500, FS1 (re-air)
ncsupack1
Looking forward to seeing the road course. I'm a Harvick fan and he has done well there, was eyeing three in a row I believe, but I get that they are trying something different. I do believe that we have enough road courses.
Wolfer79
NASCAR/IndyCar Bridge Show NBCSN, 6:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Practice NBCSN, 5:30 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday, August 14
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pole Qualifying, NBC Sports App
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Indianapolis practice, NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
On PRN
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Brickyard 150, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Qualifying NBC Sports Gold, 10 a.m.
Practice NBC Sports Gold, 11 a.m.
Race NBCSN, 4 p.m.
Countdown to Green NBCSN, 3:30 p.m.
Post Race Show NBCSN, 6:30 p.m.
Steve Williams
Staff
Maybe just me but I simply don't care for the road courses. Give me some ovals.
caryking
Steve Williams said:

Steve, I was that way for the longest time. Now, I'm starting to enjoy road courses...

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

This. I don't mind a couple of them, also, I like the roval and have gone to everyone of them. But IMO.ovals are better.
ncsupack1
Question, I've been looking and can't find what channel the cup race is on tomorrow, I saw that wral is carrying football tomorrow instead of the race.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

Question, I've been looking and can't find what channel the cup race is on tomorrow, I saw that wral is carrying football tomorrow instead of the race.
will see what I can find

https://www.wral.com/wral-tv/tv_schedule/
no idea what 5.2 is or how to watch
will do more research
ncsupack1
Thanks.
TheStorm
Could not locate the Cup Practice this morning on Spectrum, even though I have 7-8 NBC iterations...
ncsupack1
Yeah, that was on track pass. My driver was taken out early today.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Yeah, that was on track pass. My driver was taken out early today.
Please tell me that is wasn't William Byron!?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.