NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

97,899 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Less than a month until Speedweeks. Can't wait.

2021 "Speedweek" Schedule

Tuesday, Feb. 9: Busch Clash, which moves to Daytona's 3.56-mile road course.
Wednesday, Feb. 10: Daytona 500 pole qualifying.
Thursday, Feb. 11: Two 150-mile qualifying races to set the lineup for the Daytona 500.
Friday, Feb. 12: NASCAR Truck Series 250-mile season opener.
Saturday, Feb. 13: ARCA Series 200-mile season opener; NASCAR Xfinity Series 300-mile season opener.
Sunday, Feb. 14: 63rd Daytona 500.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20200304/nascar-daytona-shake-up-2021-speedweeks-schedule

mdreid
Steve Williams
Staff
mdreid said:

Is she still in trouble?
mdreid
Steve Williams said:

mdreid said:

Is she still in trouble?
nah, she's good

typical internet mob getting their panties in a wad because she said the word ******, and it forced Nascar to do something to look like they are doing something about it.

caryking
I'm kind of pulling for the 5 car this year. Cancel culture happens in NASCAR as well. So, I'd like to see him get his career moving forward again...

I like the following drivers:

Kyle Larson
Chase Elliot
Ryan Blaney
William Byron - he is the nephew of my church's Music Minister
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@ScottBorchetta's Big Machine Records company is starting its own NASCAR Xfinity Series team that will debut this upcoming season.

The new outfit will be named the Big Machine Racing Team and have driver Jade Buford (@Buforjm) behind the wheel of its No. 48 Chevrolet. https://t.co/0C4tK2EagW
TraCha4
I'm ready. Should be a good season with some of the driver changes.
Wolfer79
Spire Motorsports announced Tuesday that Jamie McMurray will return to NASCAR Cup Series competition next month, driving the No. 77 Chevrolet in the Daytona 500.

McMurray last competed in NASCAR's top division in 2019, also in a one-off start with Spire in The Great American Race. McMurray who joined FOX Sports as a NASCAR analyst after his full-time driving days has seven Cup Series victories, including a triumph in the 2010 Daytona 500.

Sponsorship for the No. 77 effort will be provided by AdventHealth, which was a primary backer for Spire in two races last year and is a current team partner with Chip Ganassi Racing.

"It doesn't get any better than the Daytona 500, and I am so excited to have the opportunity, thanks to AdventHealth, to run this race one more time. I have enjoyed my time out of the car as an analyst covering NASCAR, but nothing can replace the feeling of actually racing," McMurray said in a release announcing the news.

McMurray will be teammates with Corey LaJoie, who joins the organization for a full-season schedule this year in Spire's No. 7 Chevy. The team expands to a two-car effort for 2021.
ncsupack1
Can't wait for the season to begin. Should be a good year with some momentum.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bluegreen Vacations is returning as the title sponsor of this year's Duel @Daytona, the quali races that set the starting field for the 500.

Bluegreen is NASCAR's official partner in the vacation ownership category. https://t.co/fU6F8nnIEg
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Joe Flint

NBC Sports Network is shutting down later this year and big events (NHL and NASCAR among them) will migrate to USA Network. Story coming ASAP.
Wolfer79
John Ourand

Of note: USA Network is in 86.2 million homes. NBCSN is in 80.6 million homes. NBC is telling bigger leagues that the move to USA will increase their viewership.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@KelleyBlueBook has signed a two-year extension with @TeamHendrick that again includes two primaries on Chase Elliott's No. 9 Chevy annually (this year: fall Richmond and fall Texas).

The company's original deal with HMS came in 2014.

ncsupack1
Wow Adam Stern mentioned this a few weeks ago.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

.@KelleyBlueBook has signed a two-year extension with @TeamHendrick that again includes two primaries on Chase Elliott's No. 9 Chevy annually (this year: fall Richmond and fall Texas).

The company's original deal with HMS came in 2014.

Good. Nice looking car.
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR/@FoxTV/@iRacing today are announcing plans for the 2021 Pro Invitational Series, which will be 10 events over the course of the season, again with real-life Cup drivers.

The first five events will be on @FS1 and include Bristol dirt, Dega, Darlington and COTA.

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
I heard NASCAR tried hard for Verizon to become a premier partner, glad to see them on a car.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

I heard NASCAR tried hard for Verizon to become a premier partner, glad to see them on a car.

ncsupack1
I guess they are. Things one learns.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

That scheme reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Goodwrench cars...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

I guess Miller is finally done. One could see this coming. I have a feeling we will Jimmy Johns do the same thing once Harvick is done. JJ has been dropping races for the last couple of years now.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR will host around 30,000 fans for next month's Daytona 500, Steve Phelps told SBJ Executive Editor & Publisher Abe Madkour in a new interview.

: "We'll have a fairly robust number of fans, probably in the 30,000 range plus camping, but we have to do it responsibly." https://t.co/xFsciZpj7r
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

.@NASCAR will host around 30,000 fans for next month's Daytona 500, Steve Phelps told SBJ Executive Editor & Publisher Abe Madkour in a new interview.

: "We'll have a fairly robust number of fans, probably in the 30,000 range plus camping, but we have to do it responsibly." https://t.co/xFsciZpj7r
What do you think would happen if NASCAR would say: if you want to come to the Daytona 500, we have tickets. Do you think NASCAR fans would fill the place?
tuffy1006
pineknollshoresking said:

Wolfer79 said:

That scheme reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Goodwrench cars...
more specifically it reminds me of the black 31 that Dale let Neil Bonnett drive in the 93 Diehard 500. I believe it had red on the bottom like that
Wolfer79
Auto Racing
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Start NBC, 3:30 p.m.
Evening Hours NBCSN, 4:30 p.m.
Overnight Hours NBCSN, 11 p.m.
Morning Hours NBCSN, 6 a.m. (Sunday)
ncsupack1
That's a good question. I think you would be surprised of how many would show up, now I don't think it would be full.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Auto Racing
24 Hours at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Start NBC, 3:30 p.m.
Evening Hours NBCSN, 4:30 p.m.
Overnight Hours NBCSN, 11 p.m.
Morning Hours NBCSN, 6 a.m. (Sunday)

Can't wait. My sons love watching it...gonna grab something to grill out watch as much as I can.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Still wanna eat at one of these. Anyone know anything about them? Opened first cold one of the day, getting ready for the 24.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.