NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,969 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MayorStoner said:

I.....HATE....THE....NUMBER......PLACEMENT. Ugh
I do to, but if it can generate more revenue for the team and improve the racing product in combo with this next gen car, then I'm for it.

Now, can we please get back to racing in North Wilkesboro and Rockingham?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

MayorStoner said:

I.....HATE....THE....NUMBER......PLACEMENT. Ugh
I do to, but if it can generate more revenue for the team and improve the racing product in combo with this next gen car, then I'm for it.

Now, can we please get back to racing in North Wilkesboro and Rockingham?
I'll take North Wilksboro for sure. Rockingham, well, to bring more of the classic tracks back, so be it... I went to those races and never enjoyed them.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

'Chip Ganassi Racing filed a WARN with the N.C. Department of Commerce saying as many as 55 employees could be laid off at the end of this NASCAR season.' https://t.co/bic4cRIHKS
Wolfer79
Saturday, Sept. 11
2 a.m., Lost Speedways: Fit for a King, NBCSN (re-air)
2:30 a.m., Lost Speedways: Home Treasures, NBCSN (re-air)
1:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Home Treasures, NBCSN (re-air)
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Go Bowling 250, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR America, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 Salute to First Responders, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West Portland 112, TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold
11 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-race Show: Richmond, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

On MRN
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Go Bowling 250
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 Salute to First Responders
Wolfer79
Martin Truex Jr. wins Richmond. Last 6 RIR starts: 3 wins, 6 top 5's, 645 laps led. Amazing to watch him dominate the track where his Cup career seemed in jeopardy because of a '13 controversy, not of his doing.

ncsupack1
Wasn't a barn burner, but still great to be there. JGR, owns that track…lol
Wolfer79
App | How to find FS1 | Get FOX Sports App

Monday, Sept. 13
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Tuesday, Sept. 14

Wednesday, Sept. 15
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of RadioactiveBristol, FS1 (re-air)

Thursday, Sept. 16
5 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN (re-air)
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200, FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Raceday: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Bristol, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS1
11 p.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200, FS1 (re-air)

On MRN
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics

Friday, Sept. 17
1 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS1 (re-air)
3 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Pinty's Dirt Truck Race (re-air), FS1 (re-air)
5 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Bristol, FS1 (re-air)
6 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS2 (re-air)
8 a.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200, FS2 (re-air)
5:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Concrete Palace on the Passaic, NBCSN (re-air)
6 p.m., Lost Speedways: Fit for a King, NBCSN (re-air)
6:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Danger Zone, NBCSN (re-air)
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN2)
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Food City 300, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN2)
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Series Virginia is for Racing Lovers 150, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)

On PRN
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Food City 300

Saturday, Sept. 18
Midnight, ARCA Menards Series West Portland 112, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)
8 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS2 (re-air)
10 a.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200, FS2 (re-air)
Noon, NASCAR Presents Trackhouse: Get Ready, FS2 (re-air)
6:30 p.m., NASCAR America, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Countdown to Green: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops Night Race, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
11 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App

On PRN
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops Night Race
caryking
Well, two weekends in a row where the Pack plays FB at the same time as a NASCAR race... how can the scheduling be so off? These guys need to work together.
Wolfer79
caryking said:

Well, two weekends in a row where the Pack plays FB at the same time as a NASCAR race... how can the scheduling be so off? These guys need to work together.

just inconsiderate
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

NASCAR Cup Series Race Will Come To St. Louis In 2022 At World Wide Technology Raceway https://t.co/2MlW6zvQl3
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
BREAKING NEWS

The 2022 Clash will be held inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Feb. 6, televised live by FOX Sports. https://t.co/twB3tveOSt
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Nice looking Subway car!
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Nice looking Subway car!
Yes, it is. I remember when drivers were superstitious about running green. I believe Harry Gant helped break that barrier with the 33 Skoal car.
ncsupack1
Yeah. Now you see green a few times a year.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

The 2022 Clash will be held inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Feb. 6, televised live by FOX Sports. https://t.co/twB3tveOSt
Don't ask me why, but I just have a very strong feeling that this is going to really suck... must going to be dirt, because I don't see anyway that they can "temporarily" pave it.
Packchem91
Bell Tower Grey said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nice looking Subway car!
Yes, it is. I remember when drivers were superstitious about running green. I believe Harry Gant helped break that barrier with the 33 Skoal car.
I never knew there was such a superstition....but man, Harry Gant in the 33 Skoal car -- that was some old school NASCAR combo right there.
Gant, Buddy Baker, Yarborough.....there were some guys back in the day that you did not want to screw around with.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Don't ask me why, but I just have a very strong feeling that this is going to really suck... must going to be dirt, because I don't see anyway that they can "temporarily" pave it.
Yeah, "temporary asphalt race track" and "NASCAR" seems like a recipe for disaster. Its interesting to think of how small the track will be....but can also see it not working at all.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Yeah, "temporary asphalt race track" and "NASCAR" seems like a recipe for disaster. Its interesting to think of how small the track will be....but can also see it not working at all.
For "The Clash" of all things.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Maybe its spelled out in the article...but I wonder if the teams are fans - having to move groups out to LA for an exhibition before they go to Daytona for speedweeks. That will certainly be a changeup in how they get prepared for that race
Wolfer79

The @NASCAR Cup Series schedule for 2022 is here!

The season kicks off with an exhibition race at the @lacoliseum, @HomesteadMiami moves back into the #NASCARPlayoffs, and @WWTRaceway at Gateway gets a Cup date!

Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

It may make Martinsville and Bristol look like Daytona.
ncsupack1
It's a none points race, the Clash, so I'm not gonna get to worked up. It will be something different than the normal one, that got kinda boring lately. Do hate seeing Richmond lose a playoff spot…I like the racing there.
hokiewolf
If you're going to do the clash in a Stadium, it should be Bowman Gray Stadium.
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

BREAKING NEWS

It may make Martinsville and Bristol look like Daytona.
And the debut of the new cars as well. What a waste.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
UNOH 200, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN
Race FS1, 9 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 5:30 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: NCWTS Setup FS1, 8:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

St Louis race

.@WWTRaceway has received 5,000 ticket deposits for next June's NASCAR Cup Series race in the first 24 hours they've been available.

The track got a three-year deal, and Owner Curtis Francois said he's expecting a sellout of the 57K-seat venue.

Bell Tower Grey
hokiewolf said:

Or Hickory
ncsupack1
Great news!
Wolfer79
Friday, Sept. 17
1 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS1 (re-air)
3 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Pinty's Dirt Truck Race (re-air), FS1 (re-air)
5 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Bristol, FS1 (re-air)
6 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 presented by Ohio Logistics, FS2 (re-air)
8 a.m., ARCA Menards Series Bush's Beans 200, FS2 (re-air)
5:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Concrete Palace on the Passaic, NBCSN (re-air)
6 p.m., Lost Speedways: Fit for a King, NBCSN (re-air)
6:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Danger Zone, NBCSN (re-air)
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN2)
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Food City 300, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN2)
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show: Bristol, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
11 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Series Virginia is for Racing Lovers 150, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (tape delay)

On PRN
7 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Food City 300
TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey said:

hokiewolf said:

Or Hickory
I don't think that either one of those venues seats 100k.
Wolfer79
NASCAR Richmond viewership narrowly hits four-year high
Last Saturday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race from Richmond (Va.) averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.78 million viewers on NBCSN, narrowly marking the largest audience of the race since 2017 (2.14M). Viewership increased 3% from last year (1.74M), a fraction of a percent from 2019 (1.78M) and 1% from 2018 (1.77M).

Martin Truex Jr.'s win, which peaked with 1.9 million viewers, was the fourth-straight Cup Series race to post an increase over last year.

The corresponding Xfinity Series race chipped in a 0.46 (flat) and 806,000 (+5%).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.