NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

99,007 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am used to Firecracker 400 in Daytona on July 4

caryking
Wolfer79 said:

I am used to Firecracker 400 in Daytona on July 4

and the World 600
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
This race, at Road America, looks like it could be a great race. The track has a lot of straight away, with good road course turns.

I'm excited!!

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@CBS earned 1.38 million viewers for its third SRX event this past weekend at Eldora, per preliminary numbers from @TVRatingsGuide, its best yet by these figures.

Week 1 at Stafford was 1.33 million and Week 2 at Knoxville was 1.23 million. https://t.co/6oJUw2WOWM
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR today is formally announcing the expansion of its relationship with @iRacing, which goes from being a licensee to now the official simulation partner of the sanctioning body.

On top of esports, the crux of the deal is around iRacing helping NASCAR design race tracks. https://t.co/tNVYgNmWIR
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

@PoconoRaceway ratings on NBCSN:

Race No. 1 on Saturday: 0.90 rating and 1.448 million viewers (Last year: 1.63 rating and 2.570 million on @FoxTV).

Race No. 2 on Sunday: 1.49 rating and 2.446 million viewers (Last year: 1.62 rating and 2.660 million on @FS1). https://t.co/HONVi1no9u
Wolfer79
Sports Media Watch

SRX on CBS edged NASCAR's Cup Series race in A18-49 Saturday (0.23 to 0.22). NASCAR had slightly more viewers (1.45M to 1.37M).

SRX in primetime on OTA, NASCAR in daytime on cable. Plus, NASCAR much bigger on Sunday. Still, NASCAR is NASCAR and SRX is three weeks old.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Trackhouse today is announcing that it has purchased Chip Ganassi Racing's NASCAR operation. https://t.co/BNfP0cgFxX
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

I remember being in Charleston, SC watching Dale Jr win a race at Myrtle Beach track. I hate seeing so many of these tracks go away. The racing was so good on them.

Actually, I was never a fan of Rockingham. That race, in person, was boring... obviously, my opinion...

Joe Biden
TheStorm
pineknollshoresking said:

Wolfer79 said:

I remember being in Charleston, SC watching Dale Jr win a race at Myrtle Beach track. I hate seeing so many of these tracks go away. The racing was so good on them.

Actually, I was never a fan of Rockingham. That race, in person, was boring... obviously, my opinion...
The thing that I liked about Rockingham is that it was really easy to watch a car around the entire track...
caryking
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

The thing that I liked about Rockingham is that it was really easy to watch a car around the entire track...
That's true.

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
NASCAR
Xfinity Series
Henry 180, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
Practice NBCSN, 4 p.m.
Wolfer79
Ryan McGee

Happy 84th Birthday to Richard Petty! Annual July 2 Tweet: Here's a story I wrote in 2017 for his 80th birthday: 80 reasons why everyone should love the King of Stock Car Racing.

MayorStoner

Wolfer79 said:

I went to some real good races there(Rock)....a 3-wide finish at a BGN race in 1995 was one of them.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR today is informing the industry that it is discontinuing the iRacing Pro Invitational Series for the rest of 2021, though it could return in the future for special events.

As the U.S. emerged from the pandemic this year, viewership/industry interest in it have waned. https://t.co/Y6LFUfeeqK
Wolfer79
Saturday, July 3
12 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Qualifying, NBCSN
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
1:30 p.m., Coffee with Kyle, NBCSN
2 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN4)
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Henry 180 at Road America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN4)
8 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Watkins Glen International (re-air), NBCSN

On MRN:
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Practice
ncsupack1
Not the biggest fan of Road America, but I will watch. IMO.way to long of a track for my liking. But either way, I'm gonna settle in a watch pretty much most of days racing.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 4
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying, NBC Sports App
12 p.m., NASCAR Raceday, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN1, 4, 5)
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Jockey Made in America 250 presented by Kwik Trip at Road America, NBC/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN1, 4, 5)
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:30 p.m., Coffee with Kyle (re-air), NBCSN

On MRN:
11 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Jockey Made in America 250 presented by Kwik Trip
Steve Williams
Staff
Anyone watched the SRX series yet? I keep forgetting that it's on
MayorStoner
Steve Williams said:

it was great last night. IRP. Ernie Francis Jr won, and had an awesome battle for the lead with Scott Speed in the closing laps.
Wolfer79
. @RoadAmerica says today's crowd for the NASCAR Cup race will be the largest for a motorsports event in Wisconsin since at least the mid 20th century. Heavy minus sign The track isn't giving specifics but says it's hosted more than 100,000 people this weekend with today being the biggest day.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Chase Elliott is only 25 years old and in his 6th full-time season, but his victory today at Road America was his 7th road course win, 3rd all-time in Cup Series history behind Jeff Gordon (9) and Tony Stewart (8). Wow. https://es.pn/3hgCRIv
Wolfer79
Monday, July 5
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Tuesday, July 6
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
6 p.m., IMSA Auto Racing Pilot Challenge (tape delay), NBCSN

Wednesday, July 7
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1

Thursday, July 8
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West NAPA Auto Parts 150 (at Irwindale) (tape delay), NBCSN
7 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, NBCSN
10 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (at Knoxville) (tape delay), FS2

Friday, July 9
7 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying races (at Knoxville), FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Raceday: Knoxville, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corn Belt 150 presented by Premier Chevy Dealers (at Knoxville), FS1
On MRN
7 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corn Belt 150 Presented by Premier Chevy Dealers (at Knoxville)

Saturday, July 10
6 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corn Belt 150 presented by Premier Chevy Dealers (at Knoxville), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corn Belt 150 presented by Premier Chevy Dealers (at Knoxville), FS2
2 p.m., Lost Speedways: Danger Zone (re-air), NBCSN
2:30 p.m., Lost Speedways: Home Treasures (re-air), NBCSN
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Countdown to Green (at Atlanta), NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Credit Karma Money 250 (at Atlanta), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Show, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
On PRN
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Credit Karma Money 250 (at Atlanta)

Sunday, July 11
11 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corn Belt 150 presented by Premier Chevy Dealers (at Knoxville), FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR Raceday: Atlanta, FS1
3 p.m., Countdown to Green: Atlanta, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Quaker State 400 presented by Walmart (at Atlanta), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Canada: TSN5)
7 p.m., Chase, NBCSN
On PRN
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Quaker State 400 presented by Walmart (at Atlanta)
ncsupack1
Happy that they return to an oval this week. I know I'm one of the few that isn't a big fan of road courses. My Fords have a lot of work to do.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Happy that they return to an oval this week. I know I'm one of the few that isn't a big fan of road courses. My Fords have a lot of work to do.
I was never a fan of race courses until recently. It brings out good racing for me. Some of those guys really push the breaks to make aggressive turns inside of others. For me, that's makes for good racing!

Joe Biden
caryking
Steve Williams said:

I have watched replays on YouTube. It's almost like a made for TV movie. I'm sure it will be better as the years go on...

Joe Biden
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

Man, I miss my Firecracker 400's on July 4.
ncsupack1
I don't mind a couple but IMO7 is a bit much. Just me though.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

Times have changed for sure.
Tootie4Pack
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bless You, Steve. Me too. Started at 10:00 am to beat the heat. And called the Firecracker 400, not the Coca Cola 400 or the Slim Jim 400,
just what it was to celebrate July 4th, the Firecracker 400. Good times for sure.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Atlanta Motor Speedway today is announcing that it is changing its track profile from the current 24-degree banking in turns to 28 degrees, and making the track narrower by decreasing width from 55 feet to 40. https://t.co/vFUXZeYHbS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.