NASCAR 2021 Season Thread

98,953 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Glasswolf
Everpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone watch the E60 on Earnhardt's legacy? Really well done. As someone who grew up with NASCAR as an Earnhardt fan, but hasn't watched a race in probably three years, I'm looking for a reason to get back to the couch on Sundays.
PossumJenkins
Everpack said:

Anyone watch the E60 on Earnhardt's legacy? Really well done. As someone who grew up with NASCAR as an Earnhardt fan, but hasn't watched a race in probably three years, I'm looking for a reason to get back to the couch on Sundays.

Dang it i completely forgot that was on a separate channel. I had the terrible pre pre race on fs1 that basically showed 5 seconds of everything that was coming on on the actual pre race
Tootie4Pack
Everpack said:

It was really well done. Having Kyle Petty talk so much was important because he lost his son to the same injury that killed the best driver in NASCAR. Dale's death caused the numerous changes that saved many lives. Ryan Newman's comments at the end of the broadcast says it all.
PossumJenkins
Yeah...i read the 4 part series by ryan McGee this week and it was extremely well done...and what i assume was used as the backbone of the production
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins said:

Yeah...i read the 4 part series by ryan McGee this week and it was extremely well done...and what i assume was used as the backbone of the production
there are links to all 4 parts earlier in this topic plus a link to Marty Smith's America podcast which appears to be most of Saturday's Marty and McGee radio show where they spent 2 and half hours talking about Dale Earhardtm the driver, the man and February 19, 2001 (edit) plus a link to Friday's espn daily podcast with Ryan McGee on how the E60 feature idea came about
PossumJenkins
That's Larson session with Acho was...uncomfortable...and not because they were discussing race
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins said:

Everpack said:

Dang it i completely forgot that was on a separate channel. I had the terrible pre pre race on fs1 that basically showed 5 seconds of everything that was coming on on the actual pre race
looks like replay tonight at 730pm in espnnews
https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming

edit
Monday 5am and 8pm on espnnews
https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/startDate/20210215

Wednesday 9pm espnnews
https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/startDate/20210217
tuffy1006
PossumJenkins said:

That's Larson session with Acho was...uncomfortable...and not because they were discussing race
he shouldnt have agreed to an interview like that.
tuffy1006
Tootie4Pack said:

Everpack said:

It was really well done. Having Kyle Petty talk so much was important because he lost his son to the same injury that killed the best driver in NASCAR. Dale's death caused the numerous changes that saved many lives. Ryan Newman's comments at the end of the broadcast says it all.
so strange that its been 20 years. I remember going to Rockingham the next week. It was sad.

Adams death was terrible too. I still wonder how his career would have ended up.
Tootie4Pack
tuffy1006 said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Everpack said:

so strange that its been 20 years. I remember going to Rockingham the next week. It was sad.

Adams death was terrible too. I still wonder how his career would have ended up.

I didn't go to Rockingham that year, but was at the Bristol spring race. It was something to remember for sure.

A great show to catch on YouTube from ESPN is called The Pettys , The Earnhardt's , and The Allison's. Worth the 2 hours to watch. One of the best shows about NASCAR you will ever watch. About the triumphs and tragedies of all 3 families. If you like NASCAR , check it out.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

tuffy1006 said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Everpack said:

I didn't go to Rockingham that year, but was at the Bristol spring race. It was something to remember for sure.

A great show to catch on YouTube from ESPN is called The Pettys , The Earnhardt's , and The Allison's. Worth the 2 hours to watch. One of the best shows about NASCAR you will ever watch. About the triumphs and tragedies of all 3 families. If you like NASCAR , check it out.
I have watched that, Tootie. You're right, it's something nascar fans would appreciate.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Michael Jordan learns NASCAR not like unc-ch

Bubba Wallace to the rear and crew member ejected for second failure.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Michael Jordan learns NASCAR not like unc-ch

Bubba Wallace to the rear and crew member ejected for second failure.
Lololol, someone better explain it to him.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
I did not realize they still did the 3 fingers on lap 3
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The Big One on lap 14
caryking
Too aggressive this early... bump drafting.
Wolfer79
pineknollshoresking said:

was it Tony Stewart that just rode around behind the pack and waited until 10-20 laps left just to try to miss the restrictor plate wrecks?
Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

was it Tony Stewart that just rode around behind the pack and waited until 10-20 laps left just to try to miss the restrictor plate wrecks?
Several have taken that strategy over the years. Hamlin is doing it today.

If I'm a team owner, I've got to be awfully po'd to have spent all that money and had guys getting too aggressive less than 10% of the way into a race, that doesn't require you to be aggressive until the last 20 laps or so.
tuffy1006
I feel like we are in for an all day Daytonathon. Screw it, I'm game...

btw, I cant tell what to make of the radar for the rest of this race lol. Its like right on the south edge of all these on coming storms. Typical Daytona/Ormond Beach weather in Feb
Wolfer79
Packchem91 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Several have taken that strategy over the years. Hamlin is doing it today.

If I'm a team owner, I've got to be awfully po'd to have spent all that money and had guys getting too aggressive less than 10% of the way into a race, that doesn't require you to be aggressive until the last 20 laps or so.

thank you
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
tuffy1006
one more rain cell coming thru around 8p. We'll see how much of a soaker it is or isn't.
tuffy1006
well they got back to racing. Still some boneheaded driving going on. I feel like Logano is going to cause the next big one.

These guys dont race very smart for the most part.
ciscopack
Stage 2 over

Hamlin, Harvick, Wallace
tuffy1006
MICHAEL MCDOWELL WINS THE DAYTONA 500!!!

UNBELIEVABLE FINISH!!!!
ncsupack1
Crazy finish. Congrats to the 34 team. I'm not a big fan of super speedway racing.....hate seeing a bunch of cars get totaled.
Wolfer79
Matt Willis

Michael McDowell is the 7th driver in series history with 1 lap led in his first career win. 6 of those 7 have come at Daytona, and the other one was at Talladega.
TheStorm
tuffy1006 said:

well they got back to racing. Still some boneheaded driving going on. I feel like Logano is going to cause the next big one.

These guys dont race very smart for the most part.
Idiots. They are racing the Road Course at Daytona next week, and therefore don't have anywhere the teams have to go. Should have been postponed back to a daytime restart. Tons of people are working from home to begin with already as well.

Why is it that NASCAR never seems to make the right decisions during their biggest race of the year. They manage to **** up the 500 almost every year now it seems... oh well.
caryking
Based on where the wreck happened, why did they throw a caution? Couldn't they let the guys race back to the finish line?
ciscopack
ncsupack1 said:

Crazy finish. Congrats to the 34 team. I'm not a big fan of super speedway racing.....hate seeing a bunch of cars get totaled.
It's not racing; stay in line and try to miss the wrecks when racing starts. Congrats to the Loves crew.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.