2023 offseason/portal thread (Gupton, Marcy Barkett, Sipple. Falksen In Portal)

110,227 Views | 993 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And UTIL/P other portal player just followed Chrysler his name is Peyton Lee
JCooke93
Hopefully some good news soon
Alex Gee
Staff
Way-too-early 2024 MLB draft rankings: Top 50 prospects - ESPN

Cozart #5. Maybe we can revisit some of those hot takes from early off-season.
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

Way-too-early 2024 MLB draft rankings: Top 50 prospects - ESPN

Cozart #5. Maybe we can revisit some of those hot takes from early off-season.
Ugh, Kiley McDaniel is the worst. haha But I have to agree with him here! haha

D1 baseball has Cozart as the top catching prospect in the 2024 draft.

So yeah, early off season I was calling him a top 3 round guy and you don't punt those guys for a FR like Peebles. I was wrong. You don't punt a guy like Cozart who at this point is considered the best pro prospect at his position for pretty much anyone.

Some people really overreacted, it seems.

https://d1baseball.com/prospects/a-dozen-day-one-dudes-to-know-for-the-2024-mlb-draft/
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
TeamCozart
ClePack
Lol.

You both know you can't end this argument off someone's opinion article. We need to see how both Peebles and Cozart's seasons go next year.

FWIW, I think Cozart is worth of this praise, just wish there was a way to avoid our 2nd Tommy White experience (peebles) in as many years.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

Lol.

You both know you can't end this argument off someone's opinion article. We need to see how both Peebles and Cozart's seasons go next year.

FWIW, I think Cozart is worth of this praise, just wish there was a way to avoid our 2nd Tommy White experience (peebles) in as many years.
Bless your sweet lil heart.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

forgive me, haven't been around as much recently, forgot it's your way or the highway here!!!

lol
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

forgive me, haven't been around as much recently, forgot it's your way or the highway here!!!

lol
Oh it ain't my way. As I said above, I was wrong, Cozart isn't a potential top 3 round draft pick as I stated previously. He's a potential top 10 OVERALL draft pick. TOP. TEN. OVERALL. YOU wanted to push one of the best catchers out the door. Hilarious.

I didn't talk to the scouts about this so this cute lil deflection is nice but you're completely off here as you were completely off back then.
pack2010
off topic but relevant to this page. does anyone have issues with ESPN+ on laptops (or i guess other devices). Whenever I click on an article from ESPN+, it takes me to a log in page. After I log in its basically "you're all set! start streaming". but can never read the article. i thought it was my subscription being weird, but I can read everything from my phone and ESPN+ videos work fine from my laptop.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol
Oh it ain't my way. As I said above, I was wrong, Cozart isn't a potential top 3 round draft pick as I stated previously. He's a potential top 10 OVERALL draft pick. TOP. TEN. OVERALL. YOU wanted to push one of the best catchers out the door. Hilarious.

I didn't talk to the scouts about this so this cute lil deflection is nice but you're completely off here as you were completely off back then.
I find it off that we're using an article from an offseason and declaring winners/losers based off it. I'm more of a "show me" guy...

Just think you're being a BIT premature. That's all.

Also - huh? Wanted to push him out the door? Nah. I wanted peebles to get more chances behind the plate so he wouldn't bolt.
rwwalsh
As much as I'll miss Peebles, I have full confidence that Hart is going to take a few of these incoming freshman(and transfers) and turn them into studs with the bat just like he did with CP.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

I find it off that we're using an article from an offseason and declaring winners/losers based off it. I'm more of a "show me" guy...

Also - huh? Wanted to push him out the door? Nah. I wanted peebles to get more chances behind the plate so he wouldn't bolt.
I don't know what's worse...the fact that you can't see the error of your ways here or the fact that you think Peebles getting "more chances behind the plate so he wouldn't bolt" would've kept him around.

The only way Peebles stays in Raleigh would've been if he was the starting catcher next year. Do you think Peebles should be the starting C at NC State over Jacob Cozart? That's the only way he stays.

But please, give us some more deflection about how it's about me somehow.
CLTWolf
rwwalsh said:

As much as I'll miss Peebles, I have full confidence that Hart is going to take a few of these incoming freshman(and transfers) and turn them into studs with the bat just like he did with CP.
I love Tommy and I love Cannon. Wish they were both here, they're not.

But I have blind faith in Chris Hart. Chris Hart could bring in a 3 foot tall, one armed dude to hit clean up and that dude will somehow hit over .300 with 10 plus bombs. When it comes to talent evaluation in baseball, Chris Hart just has "it".

We replaced Tommy (who was told he could play 3rd for us) with a 2nd round draft pick that signed for almost 2 mil.

We're effectively replacing Peebles with a top 100 kid from HS that could've been drafted if you believe the websites. It remains to be seen if Alex will hit like Cannon (Alex's defense is probably more advanced) but as our future C, the future is pretty bright with Alex Sosa.

Great post though, I have blind confidence in Hart.
wilmwolf
The only similarities between White and Peebles are that they both played for NC State for a season and transferred. Otherwise they are very different situations. White was the #18 ranked recruit in the country by PG. He was considered an elite hitter, and proved it with one of the best freshman seasons in history. Peebles was ranked #345 by PG and was not expected to contribute right away by anyone. To his credit he made his way into the lineup and had a very good freshman season. I don't know why we feel the need to tie their two situations together. If anything, the season Peebles had should give everyone even more faith that the coaches know what they are doing and will find guys to fill all the roles.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

The only similarities between White and Peebles are that they both played for NC State for a season and transferred. Otherwise they are very different situations. White was the #18 ranked recruit in the country by PG. He was considered an elite hitter, and proved it with one of the best freshman seasons in history. Peebles was ranked #345 by PG and was not expected to contribute right away by anyone. To his credit he made his way into the lineup and had a very good freshman season. I don't know why we feel the need to tie their two situations together. If anything, the season Peebles had should give everyone even more faith that the coaches know what they are doing and will find guys to fill all the roles.
yep, exactly. I just lumped them in together b/c they were here and now they're not. Life moves on.
wilmwolf
For sure. I was talking about the post calling Peebles our "second Tommy White". If every good player that transfers from here on out is going be a "Tommy White", we're going to have a lot of Tommy Whites cause that's the nature of the game. I'll start worrying when we stop bringing in those talented guys in the first place.
ClePack
wilmwolf80 said:

Fair point
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

I don't know what's worse...the fact that you can't see the error of your ways here or the fact that you think Peebles getting "more chances behind the plate so he wouldn't bolt" would've kept him around.

The only way Peebles stays in Raleigh would've been if he was the starting catcher next year. Do you think Peebles should be the starting C at NC State over Jacob Cozart? That's the only way he stays.

if that's the case, then so be it, there was truly no way to keep Peebles.

Still, though, let's wait until Cozart gets drafted before we sing our own praises
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

Still, though, let's wait until Cozart gets drafted before we sing our own praises

What an extremely strange take.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

I'm a state fan. I'm used to excruciating disappointment. I'd like to see Cozart/us accomplish something before I get my hopes up over some offseason article. I still don't know how some of you guys drum up some of this positivity after all of these years, lol
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

I'm a state fan. I'm used to excruciating disappointment. I'd like to see Cozart/us accomplish something before I get my hopes up over some offseason article. I still don't know how some of you guys drum up some of this positivity after all of these years, lol

Because we are well adjusted adults, that's how.

wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

LOL
JCooke93
Go Pack
matracey
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

Truly one of the best answers I've ever seen on here
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Lol.

lol

I expect the least, and if we over-deliver... Well then I'll be happy

Well adjusted adults? Ain't no way, lol. Very few of those found on messageboards.
JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
Hopefully some news this week
ClePack
JCooke93 said:

Hopefully some news this week

What are we expecting? I thought the roster was pretty much finished. Still looking for a SS?
JCooke93
I thought so too but I amit I was wrong
JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
Go Pack
griff17matt
JCooke93 said:

Go Pack
You'd have like 2500 less posts if you didn't do this 5 times a day.
JCooke93
Lol
CLTWolf
Go Pack!

Keep doin' your thing J!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.