2023 offseason/portal thread (Gupton, Marcy Barkett, Sipple. Falksen In Portal)

110,083 Views | 993 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by JCooke93
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Sounds like a big roster turnover is expected, popcorn ready
Big is one way to put it. 1st order of business after everything settles down is to mutually part ways" with PC Clint Chrysler. Or not mutually.

Is that happening for sure?
The roster? Probably. Chrysler? Hopefully. It needs to happen. He's not Foxhall bad but he's close.
Foxhall was so bad he left here for Miss State (SEC) and won a natty.
Pretty sure they fired him also didn't they? They all start off good then they fizzle out it seems
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

kmb717
CLTWolf said:

Cheer up ladies and gents, the tarholes just lost in extras. Two teams I've hated the most this year lost same day we did. Suck it tigers and tarholes.

Now just hoping Wake Forest doesn't win the whole thing. That would be a tough pill to swallow.
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Big is one way to put it. 1st order of business after everything settles down is to mutually part ways" with PC Clint Chrysler. Or not mutually.

The roster? Probably. Chrysler? Hopefully. It needs to happen. He's not Foxhall bad but he's close.
Pretty sure they fired him also didn't they? They all start off good then they fizzle out it seems
No, we didn't fire him. He was a pretty dang good pitching coach. haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

I thought he was dismissed from Miss.St. I know he had some success here but he did fizzle out.

JCooke93
He left nc state on his own but Mississippi State did fired him
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

I thought he was dismissed from Miss.St. I know he had some success here but he did fizzle out.
Miss State had to fire someone after winning the natty and then having the last two years go the way it did and Lemonis said it wasn't going to be him. haha

And he didn't "fizzle out" here. His last season the pitching staff finished 15th in the nation in ERA (2nd in the ACC behind Louisville).
2nd in the ACC in saves
1st in the ACC in least amount of earned runs given up
5th in the league in walks (2 away from 3rd place)
tied for 3rd in the ACC in opp BA (teams hit .239 against our staff)

There's a reason Lemonis hired him away from us, it's b/c he was doing a good job here. But, as usual, we didn't have the arms to take the next step for a team that finished the year 42-18 and 22nd in the country. Our top arms were Brian Brown (soft stuff STUD), Reid Johnston (FR), Johnny Piedmonte (big dude not a power arm). We also had Kent Klyman that was really good in 2018. FR Nick Swiney was a power arm that threw very well as a FR like Johnston. Can't forget closer Joe O'Donnell that finished the year with 11 saves.

You know who fizzled out? Tom Holliday. Ruined arms on his way out the door for Auburn where he lasted a year as the staff got fired.
JCooke93
Yup
gabeezzell04
Who are the guys to watch in the recruiting class? Other than the top guys such as Maroudis and Mako.
poexcuse
This feels like the end of an era. Change is needed here, IMO.
pack2010
gabeezzell04 said:

Who are the guys to watch in the recruiting class? Other than the top guys such as Maroudis and Mako.

The catchler commit, Sosa, is a top 125 draft prospect according to mlb.com. Higher than mako
CLTWolf
gabeezzell04 said:

Alex Sosa - C from FL. Potential draft pick
Jaxon Lucas - big arm from Garner
Heath Andrews - RHP from Va, probably 91-93 right now
Camden Wimbish - C/RHP from Stanly county. He's got a big arm and probably pitches, IMO. 92-94 currently
Brandon Crabtree - corner INF from Chatham county but attends Grace Christian. Hit over .600(!) with 13 bombs and 53 rbi this year.

ClePack
pack2010 said:

Good.
JCooke93
Robert Nedry incoming FR SS
pack2010
I hope we increase our athleticism some. Given the makeup of our team recently, we haven't been able to be aggressive on the base paths

Imo it's athleticism and power arms are the 2 things to focus on that we are lacking. With how the staff teaches hitting (which is very good), a boost of speed would be great
pack2010
speaking of which, what was halford on the gun last night? I was making dinner so i couldn't make out the MPH on the screen. I remember D1 said he was 92-94 in the fall.

are his last 2 appearances enough to give the coaches hope?
JCooke93
That's on the coaches for not giving them the green light
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
A couple of transfer portal Outfielders have just followed our coaches
Boyce Jaden USF
Jt popick juco
Darren Hagan Coppin State
JCooke93
Seattle U MIF who is in the portal Hage just followed Chrysler so
WolfpackBrooks
Alex Gee said:

The cut in they just showed on Squeeze Play was Cannon taking grounders at 3rd. May be a spot for him next season that's not DH/C.

Went Saturday to Columbia and he took infield at 3rd, glad there trying to find him a spot his bat is to valuable to lose but he's going need A LOT of work to play 3rd, looked bad honestly
WolfpackBrooks
As far as Clint goes, he looked really good when Sam was shoving as a Freshman, Matt was shoving now they both get beat around the park like a USSSA game. I guess we can fault him for running them back out there but injuries played a big part in their demise. I hated removing Dom from the rotation and still can't believe he didn't pitch an inning over the weekend. I'm certainly not sure that was his call to bring in Kelly and watch him walk the bases loaded and a run in but if it was it was stupid. You can't win a series in 1 game but you can certainly lose it making stupid decisions playing for the next day. Sam shouldn't been pulled after the 2nd yesterday it was clear to any baseball guy he didn't have it.
rbaker
Inside source said Fritton wasn't 100% in SC
JCooke93
I heard the same thing
pack2010
i didn't realize candelaria hit .224 in conference play. i knew he was slumping towards the end of the year, but not that bad. him and PG really struggled
ClePack
rbaker said:

wait, what?
DJncsu13
ClePack said:

rbaker said:

wait, what?

Heard Fritton was injured in the Duke game in the ACCT, which didn't allow him to pitch during the regionals.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
JCooke93
Ugh
JCooke93
Purdue 1B/OF Cam Thompson just followed Chrysler
helloitsme
Sipple in the portal
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
Karl Ralamb RS Fr Pitcher at Coastal Carolina who is in the portal just followed Chrysler
pack2010
Keith Law released a top 100 prospect list. Groover at 75. No Maroudis (who seemingly is in that range depending on where you look)
metcalfmafia
Any way Groover stays? Maybe NIL?
Glasswolf
metcalfmafia said:

Any way Groover stays? Maybe NIL?
As a #57 projected draft pick? Not a chance. He needs to go.

Alex Gee
Staff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.