2023 offseason/portal thread (Gupton, Marcy Barkett, Sipple. Falksen In Portal)

110,197 Views | 993 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by JCooke93
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLWolf said:

FSU landed 3 already

I have no idea how you track this because baseball players come from anywhere in all sizes

Just quickly looking they've landed an OF from Bama, Matt Williams and a SS from North Florida, Alex Lodise.

I'm headed to Columbia in a bit so I don't have time to find the 3rd but you're right, it's hard to track a lot of the times.

Never mind, found it easily. Drew Faurot, FR SS from UCF committed to FSU. He struck A LOT but he's talented, hit 15 bombs.

All 3 transfers were FR last year so nice job by Link.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

1 High Point Pitcher Samuel Garcia just followed Chrysler and Robinson and they followed him back
Lot of back channel communications going on right now.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
Ugh
JCooke93
Middle Georgia State Transfer with 2 years left Pitcher Ronald Zayas just followed Chrysler
Borowolf10
James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Gupton Barkett and Pilolli
'dang, that is surprising. i guess gupton really, really struggled this year. thanks for the intel
Gupton's issue was always going to be the bat. If you can't get on base your speed?

If I was 5'9 with that kind of speed and a weak bat then I would be playing football.
ncst8wlfpck5
Pilloli was on the bench during todays game. Didn't see the other two that were said to be transferring.
Alex Gee
Staff
ncst8wlfpck5 said:

Pilloli was on the bench during todays game. Didn't see the other two that were said to be transferring.

Dom was not on the D1 baseball transfer portal list as of yesterday evening. I'm not sure where it got reported here and can very well be true, but it's not on the site yet.
pack2010
Alex Gee said:

ncst8wlfpck5 said:

Dom was not on the D1 baseball transfer portal list as of yesterday evening. I'm not sure where it got reported here and can very well be true, but it's not on the site yet.

it was reported by glasswolf on another site
Alex Gee
Staff
pack2010 said:

Alex Gee said:

ncst8wlfpck5 said:

it was reported by glasswolf on another site

I'd believe it for sure. As on now, here is what D1 is reporting.
DrummerboyWolf
ncst8wlfpck5 said:

I thought I saw him going through the high 5 line after the game, but I could be wrong. Sure looked like him.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Tom OBriens Smile
DrummerboyWolf said:

ncst8wlfpck5 said:

I thought I saw him going through the high 5 line after the game, but I could be wrong. Sure looked like him.
We have multiple shoulder-length blondes, I couldn't confirm his number but thought I saw him as well.
JCooke93
Go Pack
PKAwolfpacker
What should we expect from a guy like Derrick Smith? Highly rated recruit, I think he played a little bit? Does he stick around and contribute as a relief pitcher next year?
pack2010
PKAwolfpacker said:

What should we expect from a guy like Derrick Smith? Highly rated recruit, I think he played a little bit? Does he stick around and contribute as a relief pitcher next year?

No one knows. Personally, I like his arm and stuff, but going from Minnesota HS baseball to the ACC is tough for anyone. But, again, a nice arm up to 93, would love if he stuck around to see what he can do
PKAwolfpacker
Seems like you have a good feel for the roster. If you had to guess, who from the pitching staff this year do you think is in regular rotation next season?
pack2010
PKAwolfpacker said:

Seems like you have a good feel for the roster. If you had to guess, who from the pitching staff this year do you think is in regular rotation next season?

Just way too early to tell. Whitaker and willadsen could come back, if they choose. Technically highfill too, but he was honored on senior year which may hint to his intentions. What do they do with fritton? Can he be a Friday night guy? Personally, I think yes- but with the success they've had with Evan justice and Villaman recently he might stay in his current role. Outside of that, I think Andrew Shaffner is the younger guy that has weekend potential. Nice fastball and good secondary stuff.

All that said, I'd be willing to be at atleast 2 of our 3 weekend guys likely aren't on our roster right now
Alex Gee
Staff
The cut in they just showed on Squeeze Play was Cannon taking grounders at 3rd. May be a spot for him next season that's not DH/C.
JCooke93
I hope so
JCooke93
Yup
James Henderson
Staff
Alex Gee said:

The cut in they just showed on Squeeze Play was Cannon taking grounders at 3rd. May be a spot for him next season that's not DH/C.
Need it!
JCooke93
I hope so
Wolfer79
James Henderson
Staff
I've been pleasantly surprised with Harrison this year; wouldn't mind getting him back.
metcalfmafia
James Henderson said:

I've been pleasantly surprised with Harrison this year; wouldn't mind getting him back.

Would love to move him back to Second like the coaches intended.
CLTWolf
Wolfer79 said:

Guess who that guy played for in college?????

Elliott Avent. New Mexico State U.
pack2010
Sounds like a big roster turnover is expected, popcorn ready
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

Big is one way to put it. 1st order of business after everything settles down is to mutually part ways" with PC Clint Chrysler. Or not mutually.

JCooke93
Lol
pack2010
Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Big is one way to put it. 1st order of business after everything settles down is to mutually part ways" with PC Clint Chrysler. Or not mutually.

Is that happening for sure?
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

The roster? Probably. Chrysler? Hopefully. It needs to happen. He's not Foxhall bad but he's close.

CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

If it does we better be bringing in the equivalent of Tom Holliday minus the horrible misuse of his pitcher's arms. I just want his recruiting and JUCO arm connections. ha
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

The roster? Probably. Chrysler? Hopefully. It needs to happen. He's not Foxhall bad but he's close.
Foxhall was so bad he left here for Miss State (SEC) and won a natty.
CLTWolf
Cheer up ladies and gents, the tarholes just lost in extras. Two teams I've hated the most this year lost same day we did. Suck it tigers and tarholes.
Colonel Armstrong
Defense needs to be a priority this off-season
Formerly King Leary
Wolfpack91
Does Avent return for 2024?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.