2023 offseason/portal thread (Gupton, Marcy Barkett, Sipple. Falksen In Portal)

110,220 Views | 993 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by JCooke93
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In case this hasn't been reported already, new Pack addition - Garrett Pennington joined the Holly Springs Salamanders Friday night. Saw him play tonight. He DH'd and hit 3rd in the line-up - was 1-1, walked once and scored twice. So far, he is batting 4 for 7...not bad!
JCooke93
Nice
tau06
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

JCooke93 said:

Also Billy Amick interested in UNC

What position does this kid play? Assuming he's leaving Clemson for a reason like Peebles? Clem couldn't play him in the field?

He and Bakich have issues apparently. Amick didn't do an exit interview either (that's the rumor). Lots of similarities to Tommy White with this situation. Amick wants to play 3rd but he was playing first or DH for the Tigers. Kid can hit. A ton.

Will be interesting how long it takes the college coaches adjusting to not letting their best hitters start in the field because they stink at fielding. You have to do it if you are a mid level NIL team (or worse) just to have a chance to keep them from going to an SEC team. Otherwise you got no shot. And they 100% make your team Bette rod have to figure out a way to keep them. Not really saying there was much we could do with White or Peebles but more of a general statement… stinks to see awesome talent walk away
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

JCooke93 said:

Also Billy Amick interested in UNC

What position does this kid play? Assuming he's leaving Clemson for a reason like Peebles? Clem couldn't play him in the field?

He and Bakich have issues apparently. Amick didn't do an exit interview either (that's the rumor). Lots of similarities to Tommy White with this situation. Amick wants to play 3rd but he was playing first or DH for the Tigers. Kid can hit. A ton.

Will be interesting how long it takes the college coaches adjusting to not letting their best hitters start in the field because they stink at fielding. You have to do it if you are a mid level NIL team (or worse) just to have a chance to keep them from going to an SEC team. Otherwise you got no shot. And they 100% make your team Bette rod have to figure out a way to keep them. Not really saying there was much we could do with White or Peebles but more of a general statement… stinks to see awesome talent walk away
This is more about Bakich and Amick not getting along, I think. I'm not going to pretend to know the in's and out's of it, I just know what I've read, but he wasn't recruited by Bakich. Monte Lee (who's at SCar) could've promised him a chance at 3rd but gets fired before it could happen. Doesn't sounds like Amick even gave Bakich a chance to let him play 3rd next year by skipping the exit interview (assuming that's true). Blake Wright could move from 3rd back over to 2nd (44 starts in 2022) or over to SS (they do have a SS transfer committed). Clemson's defense was about the same as ours this year so who knows what Bakich wants to do.

College coaches need to do whatever makes the team better in that season (IMO). As it relates to NC State that's starting Jacob Cozart at Catcher. We let Tommy play third until the kid literally hurts himself diving for a ball. lol
Guys are going to leave, no stopping that. Chase Burns at Tennessee is an example of that. Potential first round draft pick and he leaves Knoxville.

Good coaches will handle each situation as it unfolds and go from there (IMO). Lots of gray area.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CLTWolf
Normally I don't put much stock into who's following a coach b/c if that coach hasn't followed back I don't really know how much interest is truly there, right? Anyways, bored and can't sleep so I looked at who was following Bo Robinson and a kid from UNCG caught my eye. Dosi Jonas, OF originally from Gaston county, then Spartanburg Methodist, had a pretty good year for the Spartans.

Probably nothing but whatever, this is the fun part.

Hit just over .300 with 14 bombs and 46 RBI. Those numbers should get notice from coaches.

https://uncgspartans.com/sports/baseball/roster/dosi-jonas/4654
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

Normally I don't put much stock into who's following a coach b/c if that coach hasn't followed back I don't really know how much interest is truly there, right? Anyways, bored and can't sleep so I looked at who was following Bo Robinson and a kid from UNCG caught my eye. Dosi Jonas, OF originally from Gaston county, then Spartanburg Methodist, had a pretty good year for the Spartans.

Hit just over .300 with 14 bombs and 46 RBI. Those numbers should get notice from coaches.

kids gonna be a super senior. he's already 23.5 years old. looks like he played 3 years at Spartanburg Methodist and 2 years at UNCG.
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

kids gonna be a super senior. he's already 23.5 years old. looks like he played 3 years at Spartanburg Methodist and 2 years at UNCG.
So?
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

So?

just an observation buddy
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

So?

*one of my favorite SNL skits ever, btw.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

So?

i was expecting an "im not your buddy, pal" type response. so this does the trick
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

So?

i was expecting an "im not your buddy, pal" type response. so this does the trick
JCooke93
Would be nice if he comes to Raleigh
braz213
Ha. There's no way that could be done now days.
JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
He did like a posted where a showcase team was at the Doak from a day ago
JCooke93
Slow News day
JCooke93
Baylor Pitcher Blake Rogers just followed Chrysler and Robinson
JCooke93
And Norfolk State Outfielder Chance Pollard just followed Chrysler and Robinson
JCooke93
Soon I think
JCooke93
Um Chrysler just followed JJ Wetherholt the Starting SS for WVU who is currently on team usa
JCooke93
Hm Mason Moline from Texas Tech just went into the portal and he was on USA Baseball Tryouts with Cozart
pack2010
Draft under a week away- ESPN+ just came out with their top 300 prospects. Below are NCSU players/commits

Groover- 51st
Maroudis- 75th
Mako- 155th
Sosa- 190th
Carter Trice- 269th (listed as a 2nd baseman too)
JCooke93
Sosa is the only one that I think stays in Raleigh NC on that list just my opinion
JCooke93
Carson Montgomery From FSU just went into the portal
BigLefty24
JCooke93 said:

Carson Montgomery From FSU just went into the portal

At this rate, Link Jarrett might have to suit back up himself next year.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

JCooke93
Go Pack
James Henderson
Staff
pack2010 said:

Draft under a week away- ESPN+ just came out with their top 300 prospects. Below are NCSU players/commits

Groover- 51st
Maroudis- 75th
Mako- 155th
Sosa- 190th
Trice listed as a 2nd baseman. Unreal.
JCooke93
I agree
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

Groover- 51st
Maroudis- 75th
Mako- 155th
Sosa- 190th
What's unreal about it?

wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

Groover- 51st
Maroudis- 75th
Mako- 155th
Sosa- 190th

He started 67 games at 2B at ODU.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
He wants to play Outfield
JCooke93
Yup
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

Groover- 51st
Maroudis- 75th
Mako- 155th
Sosa- 190th

He started 67 games at 2B at ODU.
and wasn't very good at it from a defensive standpoint. Was basically Payton Green as a FR (17 errors vs 16 errors for Green) and Carter is playing in the OF at the Cape this summer as well as DH.

wilmwolf
Oh for sure, I was just confused about the use of the word unreal, since it seems like he played more games at that position than any other so far. I don't know how it works, but I'd guess someone just looked at his game logs and assumed that's what he was. If they had listed him as a pitcher, that would've been unreal.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
Hopefully some good news soon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.