2023 offseason/portal thread (Gupton, Marcy Barkett, Sipple. Falksen In Portal)

110,240 Views | 993 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by JCooke93
FlockaWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My first thought was LSU as well but that's mainly because this feels very similar to a player that used to play for State and left for LSU after a great year offensively.
JCooke93
I don't think LSU but who knows
FLWolf
AJ Nestler from Pitt to UCF-he was one of Pitt's top Freshmen
BigLefty24
The amount of tampering that is going on at LSU in particular is mind boggling to me.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

JCooke93
And Tennessee
JCooke93
Good get for them
JCooke93
Go Pack
SportManagementEngineer
BigLefty24 said:

The amount of tampering that is going on at LSU in particular is mind boggling to me.

And in multiple sports (including women's bball). Clearly a decision made in that department that they're not worried of any repercussions.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
FLWolf
It is so hard to prove

The athletic departments control the NIL direction-in the current system, it is the way to do things. The question is if LSU indirectly contributing to the NIL collectives-

That is what the other schools in the SEC say and I am sure they will follow.

This is the major fear of Big 10 and SEC money
JCooke93
Go Pack
BigLefty24
SportManagementEngineer said:

BigLefty24 said:

And in multiple sports (including women's bball). Clearly a decision made in that department that they're not worried of any repercussions.

That was my point. They are tampering in every sport at ridiculous levels.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

JCooke93
Yup
DanielWilsonIPS
pack2010 said:

anyone have any intel on Trice?

kid still has a bunch of talent, but i can't assume he is draftable anymore. would love if he stuck it out in Raleigh, b/c i think he can contribute. of course, he might just take any FA deal if it's offered to him

He got invited to the combine, along with Groover. He might end up going pro instead of coming back to State, but he could easily pull a McLain/Deatherage and return for another year of school.
JCooke93
Trice is gone
EthanBarry
Staff
John Whittle at SC247 tied State to Ty Good out of Charleston
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

John Whittle at SC247 tied State to Ty Good out of Charleston
Gonna be tough to get him if SCar wants him. Holbrook and Kingston were teammates at unc together tho it is weird that Kingston replaced Holbrook in Columbia, but they tight. Good is also from Rock Hill.

My hopes are not up for Ty but if we can somehow land him he's a good one.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
He in the portal ?
JCooke93
A Oregon Pitcher just followed Chrysler and he was a 2021 Cap Cod League all star his name in Andrew Mosiello he is a interesting one to keep a eye on since he did play with Rio Britton at Oregon
ClePack
SportManagementEngineer said:

BigLefty24 said:

There are no repercussions in college athletics. None. We saw what UNC did for 30 years. Nothing. Amazing how people still think that "playing clean" gets you anything. It doesn't.

Beat em or join em
JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
We lost Ty Good to South Carolina Gamecocks
CLTWolf

burn it down. lol
metcalfmafia
Can't make this **** up.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

burn it down. lol

Seriously. What's the point of trying to keep doing this when we can't keep our top talent? First tommy white, now cannon.

No idea how to remedy this, but the last 2 years have been an absolute disaster in terms of transfers in/out
kmb717
Sigh.
Borowolf10
****!!!!!
ClePack
metcalfmafia said:

Can't make this **** up.

Eh, I could see this coming, honestly. Avent never played him as a catcher, and the similarities between this situation and Tommy's are far too similar. Not sure Peebles would get a chance to catch next year either. Thus, he's gone.
kmb717
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

burn it down. lol

Seriously. What's the point of trying to keep doing this when we can't keep our top talent? First tommy white, now cannon.

No idea how to remedy this, but the last 2 years have been an absolute disaster in terms of transfers in/out

The inflows have not matched the outflows. That's for sure.
Borowolf10
It was ****ing stupid when we sat him for damn near two months after he had proven himself
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Can't make this **** up.

Eh, I could see this coming, honestly. Avent never played him as a catcher, and the similarities between this situation and Tommy's are far too similar. Not sure Peebles would get a chance to catch next year either. Thus, he's gone.

Never?

He wasn't as good as Cozart so he wasn't going to steal weekend innings behind the plate.

Let's not make sht up. Lol
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

It was ****ing stupid when we sat him for damn near two months after he had proven himself

How many times do you have to be told he got sick?

2 months? Made up lies. Lol
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Can't make this **** up.

Never?

He wasn't as good as Cozart so he wasn't going to steal weekend innings behind the plate.

He was a hell of a lot better hitter. You gotta keep these kids satisfied in 2023. No reason we couldn't have given him more time behind the plate.

Tommy white wanted to play 3rd. Would he still be here if Avent opted to let him play more 3rd? Green was terrible. Now we have neither. We're losing cannon now, too, presumably for the same reasons.

We're likely going to look back on these last few years with the transfers we've lost and look at it as the beginning of the end of avent's tenure. Reminds me a lot of how Roy Williams last few years went with his roster mismanagement.

Or maybe next year we make the CWS and none of this matters.
PKAwolfpacker
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

burn it down. lol

The way you remedy it is you bring in more/better than you lose, but so far we have no evidence that Avent and co. Can do that. This program is pathetic. We need a new direction and new coaches.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Can't make this **** up.

Never?

He was a hell of a lot better hitter. You gotta keep these kids satisfied in 2023. No reason we couldn't have given him more time behind the plate.

Tommy white wanted to play 3rd. Would he still be here if Avent opted to let him play more 3rd? Green was terrible. Now we have neither. We're losing cannon now, too, presumably for the same reasons.

We're likely going to look back on these last few years with the transfers we've lost and look at it as the beginning of the end of avent's tenure. Reminds me a lot of how Roy Williams last few years went with his roster mismanagement.

You can be disappointed without making sht up. You know that, right? Ha
He didn't get more time behind the plate because he wasn't as good. Remember that thing called defense everyone begged us to be better at?

Tommy was leaving regardless if we let him manage the team this year.

What's green got to do with anything? Now you're upset he's leaving? Haha

But you're right about Elliott. He's not a portal guy and that's the thing these days. Adapt or die.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Can't make this **** up.

Never?

You can be disappointed without making sht up. You know that, right? Ha

Tommy was leaving regardless if we let him manage the team this year.

What's green got to do with anything? Now you're upset he's leaving? Haha

But you're right about Elliott. He's not a portal guy and that's the thing these days. Adapt or die.

I've heard other stories on tommy. Green was brought up because Avent essentially chose him, and lost both in the end. I'm disappointed in his decision to ride with green over tommy. Again, I've heard different sides on tommy, one being that he would still be here if he could play in the field.

Yeah, looking like "die" is the direction we're heading.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.