Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

150,571 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
redsteel33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For what it's worth I'm hearing he's gone.
FlockaWolf
Damn I'll never forget the game against Miami.
JCooke93
What
Wolfpacklife
I'll definitely be disappointed if Tommy leaves. He fit right in here.

But this team is not screwed by losing one guy. We will need to find a replacement this off season no doubt.. but we can still have a special year. Just would suck to lose such a spark at the plate
Wolfer79
Wolfpacklife said:

I still don't understand why NIL couldn't have been capped on a per player basis. I'm all for these athletes getting paid but there should have been a cap at 100k or something.

there is not a national NIL standard
each state created their own NIL legislation and no elected representative is going to put their state schools at a competitive disadvantage nationally
Wolfpacklife
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfpacklife said:

I still don't understand why NIL couldn't have been capped on a per player basis. I'm all for these athletes getting paid but there should have been a cap at 100k or something.

each state created their own NIL legislation and no elected representative is going to put their state schools at a competitive disadvantage nationally

O yeah definitely understand that. I meant capped by the ncaa. An across the board cap. But that ain't happening so there is no need in "wishing"
JCooke93
Amen to that
PackFansXL
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfpacklife said:

This is precisely why Saban was calling for federal legislation to establish national laws so everyone has to follow the same rules.
CLTWolf
Some more names...

Ethan O'Donnell - OF Northwestern
Carter Trice - 3B/2B Old Dominion FR All American last season, made the USA team for Avent last summer...
Matt Dillard - LHP Sam Houston State
Ethan Groff - OF Tulane hit .404 this season
Jackson Linn - OF Tulane hit .353, from Boston (said like the Sam Adams commercial haha)

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfpacklife said:

O yeah definitely understand that. I meant capped by the ncaa. An across the board cap. But that ain't happening so there is no need in "wishing"

Supreme Court ruled 9-0 against NCAA on trying to put restrictions on 'education related benefits' violated anti-trust
and Justice Kavanagh wrote: "Nowhere else in America can businesses get away with agreeing not to pay their workers a fair market rate on the theory that their product is defined by not paying their workers a fair market rate. … The NCAA is not above the law."
Ellesdad
I hope this isn't true.
PKAwolfpacker
Can we split the Tommy white thing into a new thread? There's like 6 different things going on in this thread allegedly regarding the transfer portal.
BP Cox
Staff
PKAwolfpacker said:

Can we split the Tommy white thing into a new thread? There's like 6 different things going on in this thread allegedly regarding the transfer portal.

Dedicated Tommy White Thread

https://insidepacksports.com/forums/3/topics/24915
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
JCooke93
I like it
kmb717
CLTWolf said:

A friend of mine from college has a nephew on the team and is a roommate of Tommy White. The last two times I saw the uncle (today and last week) he's said great things about Tommy and his nephew said Tommy is a great teammate and loves State. Said Tommy isn't about the "bright lights".
I'll see him again this week at the pool and hope he'll have talked to his nephew again with more info.

CLT, we're gonna need an update from this friend.
CLTWolf
kmb717 said:

CLTWolf said:

A friend of mine from college has a nephew on the team and is a roommate of Tommy White. The last two times I saw the uncle (today and last week) he's said great things about Tommy and his nephew said Tommy is a great teammate and loves State. Said Tommy isn't about the "bright lights".
I'll see him again this week at the pool and hope he'll have talked to his nephew again with more info.

CLT, we're gonna need an update from this friend.
I might see him this weekend at the pool since I won't be at swim practice today or tomorrow. We got some "graduations" to attend. My son from preschool and daughter from after school (I know, I don't get it either).

I'm going to assume if he's spoken with his nephew the tone will be completely different than the last time we spoke. lol
JCooke93
I am excited for the portal
Wolfpacklife
JCooke93 said:

I am excited for the portal

Yep this is where my energy is going! Let's gets some studs and move on from all this.
FlockaWolf
I bet fsu fans are saying the same
pack2010
no sugar coating this, we cannot replace his bat. we just cant. however a core of Groover, Green, Soles, Cozart could/should be enough to be competitive/good. get another bat or two from the portal and hope gupton and eli are ready to role. IF we get all those dudes on campus or back, of course.
CLTWolf
In less surprising news...Godman, Logan Adams, Brady Lavoie and Eddie Eisert are transferring as well. Other than Logan Adams, no real surprises there. Kids want to play.
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

In less surprising news...Godman, Logan Adams, Brady Lavoie and Eddie Eisert are transferring as well. Other than Logan Adams, no real surprises there. Kids want to play.
Giles staying?
JCooke93
Nope
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

Giles staying?
I doubt it.

Justin says no below, so I'd probably go with that.
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

Man...that 2020 class. Eddie Eisert was the crown jewel LOL.
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

Man...that 2020 class. Eddie Eisert was the crown jewel LOL.
You know my feelings on that class..
JCooke93
Sorry everyone
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

Giles staying?
I doubt it.

Justin says no below, so I'd probably go with that.

Thanks to both of you. I didn't think he would. He performed fairly well but really didn't play much...so I expected him to leave...that's why I asked.
wolfpack4199
Give me another Dom Pilolli and Groover, we will be fine
JCooke93
Might be happening
JCooke93
Keep a eye on Carter
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Keep a eye on Carter
Carter Trice? Yeah, he's really good.
JCooke93
Yes him
castlewood107
Do we think C Falsken can play ss?
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Yes him
Nice. He played for Avent on Team USA last summer so there's already a connection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.