Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

150,248 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EthanBarry said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I'm hoping my person can talk to him soon, but maybe Suggs just wants to play at a major program for his bonus year? He's already played four seasons at UNCW. He may know that his pro prospects aren't great, maybe he just wants to have a shot at a bigger program.
Could be, but compare him to Matt Oldham who did that last year. Oldham had 108 ABs his last two years and a career .667 ops. Suggs had 185 ABs each of the last two years and a career .828 ops. Suggs is significantly better and could start at a lot of major programs imo
I don't disagree, but at this point, until I hear otherwise, I'm going to be glad to have him, instead of worrying why we may have gotten him. Think of it like this, if there's something up with Cozart, we have probably the best replacement you could hope to pick up as a transfer. If there's nothing up, then we have probably the best backup catcher you could hope to have, who also can hit and potentially play in the OF if needed. Either way, it's a positive for us
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
True
Jtilley
Cozart wasn't exactly great behind the plate last year, hopefully his receiving gets better before next year. Bringing in a guy who is apparently strong defensively makes sense IMO.
JCooke93
Cozart got better
braz213
I don't see Gupton playing over Marcy or Nolan. not the begining of the year.
EthanBarry
Staff
Jtilley said:

Cozart wasn't exactly great behind the plate last year, hopefully his receiving gets better before next year. Bringing in a guy who is apparently strong defensively makes sense IMO.
Cozart is really good and is awesome defensively
Borowolf10
Cozart was incredible at framing pitches
wilmwolf
EthanBarry said:

Jtilley said:

He is elite at receiving when it comes to framing pitches, but he did have issues with passed balls, particularly early on. His technique got better as the year went on and I'm sure will continue to get better working with the staff we have.
JCooke93
Marcy might be in the infield
JCooke93
Amen to that
Jtilley
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

Jtilley said:

He is elite at receiving when it comes to framing pitches, but he did have issues with passed balls, particularly early on. His technique got better as the year went on and I'm sure will continue to get better working with the staff we have.
I should have worded it differently instead of just lumping everything into "Receiving". I agree he was good as the year went on but at times he was a liability with his blocking. I remember he was pulled mid game after multiple passed balls.
EthanBarry
Staff
Cozart only had one passed ball after March 26th and was 9/28 in throwing guys out which is fine, but I do think 28 attempts tells you teams respect his arm. Additionally, at one point, the broadcast said he was second nationally in stealing strikes.
JCooke93
Yup he got better as the season went on
JCooke93
Pitcher Jonathan Childress from Texas A&M is in the portal
JCooke93
And Other Pitcher this time a kid who Avent Coach last summer Jack Washburn from Ole Miss
JCooke93
No news
CLTWolf

This kid was destined to be here since one of his Great Grandfathers was Jimmy V's Godfather. haha

6'6 220 LHP

He's on the Chatham A's roster but I don't see any stats for him so far.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
rwwalsh
CLTWolf said:

This kid was destined to be here since one of his Great Grandfather's was Jimmy V's Godfather. haha
Wow that's wild. How did you find that out?
DJncsu13
rwwalsh said:

CLTWolf said:

This kid was destined to be here since one of his Great Grandfather's was Jimmy V's Godfather. haha
It's in his Clemson profile.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
CLTWolf
DJncsu13 said:

rwwalsh said:

CLTWolf said:

Could've at least let me play it up a lil, jeez. haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
DJncsu13
CLTWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

rwwalsh said:

CLTWolf said:

Could've at least let me play it up a lil, jeez. haha
Ha. I already looked him up and saw he liked Italian food, so I tweeted him introducing Amedeo's.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
JCooke93
Hopefully not done yet
wilmwolf
Looks pretty sound technically in the video. Not much for appearances, but I don't know who they had in front of him. Can never have too many lefties, welcome to the Pack!
pack2010
Good strikeout numbers, the rest leaves a little to be desired. But we do need some LHP so if he puts it together it'll be a nice piece
JCooke93
Go Pack9
JCooke93
Slow News Day
JCooke93
R.Evans is Back Baby
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

R.Evans is Back Baby

Huge news
JCooke93
He put nc state back in his Instagram bio
Gost8
Remind me who is R Evans ?
pack2010
Gost8 said:

Remind me who is R Evans ?

Lefty pitching recruit. Highest ranked pitcher coming in, has real potential. Assuming he isn't drafted
JCooke93
C.King45 is officially in the portal
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

C.King45 is officially in the portal

just now? or has he been for a while? just asking because the deadline was a couple weeks ago
JCooke93
Been awhile d1 is just slow
PKAwolfpacker
Who is c.king45

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.