Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

149,819 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
Packsd14me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Keep a eye on Carter
Carter Trice? Yeah, he's really good.
To play outfield? Maybe right?
JCooke93
Who knows
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Keep a eye on Carter
Good question. He played mostly 2B (some 3B) last year as a FR and this season played both INF and OF but more in the OF.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CLTWolf
We've been in contact with Jack Pineda 2B/SS from Baylor. Their coach just stepped down.

Their best player has also hit the portal but I'd guess he'll get drafted. Jared McKenzie
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Keep a eye on Carter
Good question. He played mostly 2B (some 3B) last year as a FR and this season played both INF and OF but more in the OF.
I saw that. It looks like ODU decided he was an outfielder. But 17 home runs is good power.
JCooke93
Him
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Keep a eye on Carter
I saw that. It looks like ODU decided he was an outfielder. But 17 home runs is good power.
So looks like last season they had a FR AA at 2B but he got hurt 5 or 6 games into the season so Trice replaced him once Dengler got hurt. Trice actually didn't start the first game of the season then came in and played 3B/2B in game two getting 3 hits. Didn't leave the lineup after that playing 3B until he moved over to second once the other guy gets injured.

This season the entire INF returned so they put him in RF. That seems to be the high level of it.
castlewood107
looks like Trice is in. he committed to us on IG.
SportManagementEngineer
castlewood107 said:

https://odusports.com/sports/baseball/roster/carter-trice/6228

Looks like a great pickup.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
metcalfmafia
castlewood107 said:

Wonder if this means anything for certain about Soles / Dom?
pack2010
castlewood107 said:

Big time get
wilmwolf
As the transfer portal turns, these are the days of our baseball lives
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
FlockaWolf
Love that pickup!
CLTWolf
Carter Trice can play. Huge pick up.
rwwalsh
castlewood107 said:

Damn, 17 homers and 18 SB's. I'll take that. Avent revenge tour part deux getting started early.
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

We've been in contact with Jack Pineda 2B/SS from Baylor. Their coach just stepped down.

Their best player has also hit the portal but I'd guess he'll get drafted. Jared McKenzie
Leadoff hitter for Baylor this year and also flashes the leather at SS. Gimme.

Ripper
When all the dust settles, we will have a good squad next season.
JCooke93
Yes sir
DJncsu13
castlewood107 said:

Looks like a big time get and fairly quickly as well!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Petrini89
Love the Carter Trice pick up! Great numbers and a player that wants to be here. Let's go!
Borowolf10
Ripper said:

When all the dust settles, we will have a good squad next season.

I think the team will be much more balanced. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes but Tommy is a two tool player. Those two tools are really good but having a guy that hits a lot of homers is not necessarily going to result in team success (as we saw this year).

Having a great power hitter is fun to watch but it's kinda like having a great running back in football. Put on a show and run for 1,500 yards and the crowd says ooh and ahh when they break one but it's a small piece of the puzzle that can't make a winner on its own.

This team was missing a lot of pieces to the puzzle this year. We lose this one, but gain 3 or 4 in others areas then we will be a more successful team. And to me seeing a team win a lot of games and go Omaha is more fun than having a guy that puts up a bunch of empty stats and highlights.
PKAwolfpacker
What sources do you guys use for info/updates on who is in the transfer portal?
pack2010
does anyone know what happened with Sipple this year? considering the pen struggles, especially towards the end of the year, him only getting a couple innings was odd. considering he didn't pitch after 3/2 i am guessing he was hurt, or he was just really ineffective. still think he could be a solid lefty arm from what I have seen
JCooke93
He will be back
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

He will be back

thank you, justin. hopefully he is fully healthy and gets a shot!

another kid who isn't being talked about much for future plans is Will Marcy. Find a position for him and his bat/athleticism looked like it could play. where did he play in HS? his perfect game says SS and OF but he didn't look natural out in the OF
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

He will be back

thank you, justin. hopefully he is fully healthy and gets a shot!

another kid who isn't being talked about much for future plans is Will Marcy. Find a position for him and his bat/athleticism looked like it could play. where did he play in HS? his perfect game says SS and OF but he didn't look natural out in the OF
He played SS and 3rd, I believe. I'm pretty sure he played a good bit at 3rd while P Green was at short for Pro5.

Maybe Will gets a shot at 3rd early on. He's gonna be a big boy though when he starts filling out more.
JCooke93
That is right
CLTWolf
Here's another one to maybe watch...Zach Devito, RHP Tulane. Was their closer last two seasons.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/baseball/roster/zach-devito/8526
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

Here's another one to maybe watch...Zach Devito, RHP Tulane. Was their closer last two seasons.

would rather go after hunter hodges at UNCW. their closer with 11 saves over 2 years. 69.2 innings, 103 Ks, .135 BAA. big time stuff. but 61 walks in the 69 innings has held him back from being very good to great
Borowolf10
I really hope Avent is on the war path right now collecting as many good players as he can.
griff17matt
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

would rather go after hunter hodges at UNCW. their closer with 11 saves over 2 years. 69.2 innings, 103 Ks, .135 BAA. big time stuff. but 61 walks in the 69 innings has held him back from being very good to great

Devito seems to have really progressed from s1 to s2. 40 Ks in 24.2 innings is like 14+ per9. Looks like he had 3 bad outings that affected his ERA. 4-1 + 9 saves is nice work though. Do you know where his velocity sits, CLT?
SportManagementEngineer
Borowolf10 said:

I really hope Avent is on the war path right now collecting as many good players as he can.
After how impressive a job Avent and staff did completely reloading the lineup through the portal last year, I am pretty optimistic about the guys we'll get this offseason. In theory, we have four(?) open spots in the lineup? Last offseason we had seven to fill.

Would love to see some pitching added. Feels like you could build quite the pitching staff through the portal.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
CLTWolf
griff17matt said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

Devito seems to have really progressed from s1 to s2. 40 Ks in 24.2 innings is like 14+ per9. Looks like he had 3 bad outings that affected his ERA. 4-1 + 9 saves is nice work though. Do you know where his velocity sits, CLT?
He self reports 92-94 topping out at 95 also has a SL, CH and CB in his bag.
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

Maybe they will. For all I know they could already be on him as well but the kid from Tulane has comparable numbers with much better control.

Hodges had 16 wild pitches as well. Cozy would have stay on his toes with him on the bump! haha
Jtilley
Getting a leg up on the portal is about the only advantage of not making the tournament.

Serious question, Charlotte have anyone in the portal? We know there is a connection there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.