Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

150,190 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
SniderFC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

SniderFC said:

M_A said:

Whether this goes our way or doesnt its ridiculous that this is just what college sports is now

Yep. That's why I'm just about done with college sports, I'll just stick to pros and PGA since it's hard to cheat in golf.
IDK man. I've got a mean foot wedge

Not as good as my pencil wedge though
ClePack
metcalfmafia said:

Can we just slow the roll a little bit until this is actually real or not?
These rumors always tend to have legs. Reminds me of the dillingham stuff
pack2010
ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

It has legs. Hopefully it turns out to be a manny bates situation (last year) and the sides smooth things over.
BobbyCox95
pack2010 said:

ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

It has legs. Hopefully it turns out to be a manny bates situation (last year) and the sides smooth things over.

Can you give any more insight into what needs to be smoothed over and why?
DJncsu13
BobbyCox95 said:

pack2010 said:

ClePack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Can you give any more insight into what needs to be smoothed over and why?

Basically his camp wasn't happy he wasn't playing in the field all the time and was platooning between DH & the field.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
EthanBarry
Staff
If it's about the defense stuff, not sure what you can expect from State. He played first and was bad, then went to third and was slightly better but still not good and then got hurt. State gave him plenty of chances
JCooke93
Yup
Borowolf10
EthanBarry said:

If it's about the defense stuff, not sure what you can expect from State. He played first and was bad, then went to third and was slightly better but still not good and then got hurt. State gave him plenty of chances

Was he any worse than Green?
SportManagementEngineer
I can't believe it's as simple as him wanting to play the field. Didn't he play the field until he got hurt playing third?
As bad as our defense was this year, I'd let him play shortstop if it meant keeping his bat in the program. There has to be more than that.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

If he doesn't get hurt, he's probably still playing 3rd. Agreed, he had a ton of chances to play a position.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bas2020
Whatever the rift is ... needs to be fixed
Wolfpack
The rift is ego (by him or anyone around him/his camp). There is nothing for us to fix.
wolfpack4199
Tell him whatever he wants to keep him around. Next year is the year!
WolfpackBrooks
My guess was he wasn't happy not playing the field, but we was bad with him in the field and bad without on the field on defense. Also never understood why he couldn't wear 44, I mean get him jerseys made State, he only got to wear his number in Camo tops
Pack87
Seems like Green to SS and White to 3rd solves this next year. Hood likely going in the draft, or move Groover to 2nd and White to 1st if Hood is still here.
cowboypack02
wolfpack4199 said:

As much as I want the kid to stay with State I don't wanna play ball like that. It only screws you down the road if you have players saying that the school will promise you things to get you in the door and then won't follow through. You'll lose alot of recruits like that long term
WolfQuacker
Now PP has an article up and advertising on Twitter. Nothing new in it that hasn't been said here, for the most part.
Glasswolf
He played the field all year until he dislocated his shoulder
I40Wolf
DJncsu13 said:

WolfQuacker said:

CLTWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

Only logical explanation is coach is retiring, otherwise makes no sense and def tampering

Chris Hart will take over for Elliott if he were to retire and Bo Robinson would move up so other than Elliott being retired his coaches wouldn't change much. I'm sure Chris Hart has been his guy since 2018 when he committed.
I know people on here don't like conjecture, but I am truly starting to wonder if this might be the case. EA has been crickets following the NCAA snub. Combine that with 2 straight ACC Champ losses and the Covid debacle in Omaha last year, I could see it being completely deflating at this point in his long career. I sure hope I'm wrong to even consider it, we are lucky to have him.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Bo Robinson came on staff. Knowing Avent was leaving after this year, Hart and Chrysler being there and needing another assistant.
What happened to Joey Devine?
wolfpack4199
cowboypack02 said:

wolfpack4199 said:

As much as I want the kid to stay with State I don't wanna play ball like that. It only screws you down the road if you have players saying that the school will promise you things to get you in the door and then won't follow through. You'll lose alot of recruits like that long term
With as bad as he was on defense and great on offense you can give him a chance to redeem himself early in the season. Baseball is a sport that if you aren't great in the field the ball will find you. Hood probably goes in the draft so he can get his chance early and it wont hurt.
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack87 said:

Seems like Green to SS and White to 3rd solves this next year. Hood likely going in the draft, or move Groover to 2nd and White to 1st if Hood is still here.

I don't think this can be the plan based on how they looked this year defensively
SniderFC
JCooke93 said:

We are going after 2 big portal guys

Would you like to expand on this kind sir?
FLWolf
I am worried about this one with White
Lsnoel3
EthanBarry said:

Pack87 said:

I don't think this can be the plan based on how they looked this year defensively
Green and Hood both seemed to struggle to consistently field the ball and transfer to throwing hand cleanly. They got to work this off season.
metcalfmafia
EthanBarry said:

Pack87 said:

Both can get better.
ClePack
Lsnoel3 said:

EthanBarry said:

Pack87 said:

Green and Hood both seemed to struggle to consistently field the ball and transfer to throwing hand cleanly. They got to work this off season.

Hood is probably gone. Probably going to be drafted.
WolfpackBrooks
Glasswolf said:

, He played at 1st and was dreadful, went to DH then got a stint at 3rd and maybe a handful of games before getting injured and was also bad there, I wouldn't say he played all year in field until he was hurt though Glass
Bcwhitl2
If he does leave, why would you say you're going to FSU if you're Tommy? Why wouldn't you go to the portal and let teams just outbid one another?
gopack1979
Not looking good right now…
CLTWolf
WolfpackBrooks said:

Glasswolf said:

, He played at 1st and was dreadful, went to DH then got a stint at 3rd and maybe a handful of games before getting injured and was also bad there, I wouldn't say he played all year in field until he was hurt though Glass
He played in the field 21 out of first 38 games he played in before getting hurt against Radford. Once he dislocated his shoulder he was the DH for the next 15 games, which was the smart thing to do.

He played in the field in 55% of the games before getting hurt. He got a fair shot.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
FLWolf
White has relationships at FSU-FSU is throwing out big NIL money
Wolfpack
Transferring is one thing. Transferring in conference is another. Transferring to another school in the division? Well…
Bas2020
Coaching staff should fly down to St Pete and get things worked out .
pack2010
nice arm from UNCW hit the portal today. not sure if we'll reach out or not, but if we do i'll keep people informed
Wolfpacklife
I still don't understand why NIL couldn't have been capped on a per player basis. I'm all for these athletes getting paid but there should have been a cap at 100k or something.

This wild west crap is going to kill college athletics

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.