Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

149,968 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lakewolf said:

UPDATED

your table is off. You don't have a class of 2023 column. The '24 class you have listed is actually the '23 class except Evan Amos who is in the '25 class. Your '25 class is the '24 class.

The '25 class is Evan Amos, Cameron Uzzillia and Aidan West so far.

The 2026 column is correct.

Ryan Marohn is in the class of 2023, not 2022.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Lakewolf
Gotcha.... I put the class of 23 in the incoming freshman column. I also made the column the years they would start a season. I took the current recruits committed from the PerfectGame maybe not so perfect?, and took some other commits from this thread and others. Thanks

CLTWolf
Lakewolf said:

Gotcha.... I put the class of 23 in the incoming freshman column. I also made the column the years they would start a season. I took the current recruits committed from the PerfectGame maybe not so perfect?, and took some other commits from this thread and others. Thanks

The incoming freshman are the class of '22, not '23.

incoming class (2022 grads)
https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1685

class of 2023

class of 2024

class of 2025

Your table is awesome, appreciate the time/effort in putting it together.

Now I better understand it.

castlewood107
I think we are set at the position group if one of Soles or Dom comes back. I have no inside info, but seems like that is realistic?

Need another LH pen arm. Like the Oregon guy. One more please.
CLTWolf
I think we're gonna land the Suggs kid from uncw (if we haven't already)
Lakewolf
CLT, appreciate it
JCooke93
50/50 on Soles and Dom
JCooke93
That would be a good Vet to have Catcher/OF/DH some for us
castlewood107
10-4 that makes sense, which is why I assume we get 1 back. Who knows though.

Suggs from UNCW is a nice depth piece and potential pinch hitter with power. Him starting some midweeks at C would be nice to keep Cozart fresh.
JCooke93
We got Suggs he just updated his Instagram profile bio
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Well there it is. Haha

Meant to post this a couple days ago but usually when they're following the Pack9 account, they're probably committed. He's been following the team account for a bit.
JCooke93
Didn't notice that part Lol
Lakewolf

Borowolf10
Outside of Trice and Rio the portal adds have been pretty underwhelming.
braz213
Looks like they are putting a bigger value on defense maybe. Or they are missing on guys and having to fall back.
wilmwolf
These coaches have a pretty darn good history of bringing in impact transfers. I'm gonna trust them.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Jtilley
Borowolf10 said:

Outside of Trice and Rio the portal adds have been pretty underwhelming.
Its hard to bank on the portal when you have a 15 man class committed. Only so much you can split in scholarships.

The portal timing is different with baseball IMO because you have kids that been committed since they were in 10th grade. You just going to start burning bridges with top travel teams and pull ships? Doubtful.
castlewood107
Getting Serrano on campus is as probably a big of portal addition as anyone we could have gotten.

If we get 1 more portal pen arm I am very happy. You got a pretty good 9 here that is solid defensively:

1B Groover
OF C Trice
DH Serrano
3B P Green
OF Soles or Dom P (fingers crossed on one staying)
OF P Nolan
C Cozart
2B Falksen
SS Harrison fom A&M
JCooke93
pack2010
castlewood107 said:

Getting Serrano on campus is as probably a big of portal addition as anyone we could have gotten.

If we get 1 more portal pen arm I am very happy. You got a pretty good 9 here that is solid defensively:

1B Groover
OF C Trice
DH Serrano
3B P Green
OF Soles or Dom P (fingers crossed on one staying)
OF P Nolan
C Cozart
2B Falksen
SS Harrison fom A&M

I still think gupton plays from day 1. I'm not as worried about his bat as others.
metcalfmafia
I don't see Falksen getting any run next year personally.
castlewood107
I feel like the coaches have talked him up in the past and he had a really nice prep career in SoCal, which is quality place for ball.

I also have trouble coming up with another 2B unless Groover moves.
JCooke93
Um
ncsufan13
JCooke93 said:

Um
?
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Well there it is. Haha

Meant to post this a couple days ago but usually when they're following the Pack9 account, they're probably committed. He's been following the team account for a bit.

My scoop on Suggs from a former battery mate of his. Said he was as good a receiver of the ball and defensive catcher he ever played with. Says he has a cannon for an arm. Some pop in his bat. Said he thought he was probably maxed out as a player based on his natural athletic ability and frame, but thought we were getting a really good player and was interested to see his role.
JCooke93
Nice
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Well there it is. Haha

My scoop on Suggs from a former battery mate of his. Said he was as good a receiver of the ball and defensive catcher he ever played with. Says he has a cannon for an arm. Some pop in his bat. Said he thought he was probably maxed out as a player based on his natural athletic ability and frame, but thought we were getting a really good player and was interested to see his role.
Awesome!

I think getting a two time All conference player like Suggs when we have a returning starter coming back is a big deal. The fact that he's also played 20 plus games in the OF can help as well.

pack2010
yeah my thoughts on Suggs are different. honestly a weird pickup (in a good way), IMO because he can contribute at a power 5 level. why would he go to a place with an established catcher? Oldham last year made sense, but Suggs is better. Very intrigued to see how much we use him, b/c he has decent pop
pack2010
we will know a lot more after this weekend, but my guess as of today would be-

C- Cozart
1st- Groover
2nd- Falsken
SS- A&M kid
3rd- Green
OF- Trice
OF- Gupton
OF- Soles/Dom P/Nolan
DH- One of the above/ Marcy

Personally, I don't think we get Serrano, but if we do he is a day 1 starter, IMO. Still need another arm or two, especially from the left side.
pack2010
Also, FWIW Marcy this summer is hitting .341 with 5 doubles, 2 triples, 1 HR and 10 stolen bases (caught once). 19Ks/11 walks in 82 ABs. Getting on base at a .419 clip. I think even if we do lose Soles and Piloli, Marcy will be ready to step in somewhere.
JCooke93
3B hm
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

yeah my thoughts on Suggs are different. honestly a weird pickup (in a good way), IMO because he can contribute at a power 5 level. why would he go to a place with an established catcher? Oldham last year made sense, but Suggs is better. Very intrigued to see how much we use him, b/c he has decent pop
Yeah this is very strange, he had an 950 and 850 ops the last two years but is transferring to be a backup? Concerns me that something could be up with Cozart.
wilmwolf
I'm hoping my person can talk to him soon, but maybe Suggs just wants to play at a major program for his bonus year? He's already played four seasons at UNCW. He may know that his pro prospects aren't great, maybe he just wants to have a shot at a bigger program.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm hoping my person can talk to him soon, but maybe Suggs just wants to play at a major program for his bonus year? He's already played four seasons at UNCW. He may know that his pro prospects aren't great, maybe he just wants to have a shot at a bigger program.
Could be, but compare him to Matt Oldham who did that last year. Oldham had 108 ABs his last two years and a career .667 ops. Suggs had 185 ABs each of the last two years and a career .828 ops. Suggs is significantly better and could start at a lot of major programs imo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.