Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

150,217 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
kmb717
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfman18 said:

Maybe a troll, but saw something on the bird about Tommy maybe leaving....
Guys has 9 followers and 26 tweets. So hopefully troll.
wolfman18
Posted a screenshot of one of the quote tweets....this guy is followed by both inside pack sports and the official NC state baseball account..so maybe he knows something?
ncsufan13
kmb717 said:

wolfman18 said:

Someone with over 2k followers and one of those followers is the official NC State baseball account said he's hearing those same rumors so I don't know what to think of it.
SniderFC
justinxxll said:

kmb717 said:

wolfman18 said:

Someone with over 2k followers and one of those followers is the official NC State baseball account said he's hearing those same rumors so I don't know what to think of it.

DJncsu13
justinxxll said:

kmb717 said:

wolfman18 said:

There's definitely rumors of Tommy to FSU out there, with traces back to current players.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Glasswolf
Tried to tell y'all he'd be a target. I'm blowing up people's phone trying to find out the scoop
tgmoseley
Dear god…can we take some money off the stadium improvements and pay him? Hell let's name the new outfield wall after him
Wolfpack2k17
Monte Lee out at Clemson. I'm sure they'll have players hit the portal.
SniderFC
tgmoseley said:

Dear god…can we take some money off the stadium improvements and pay him? Hell let's name the new outfield wall after him

Agreed. Pay that man.
wilmwolf
Eh. He does what he does. His money making ventures have been embraced by WPN. He was playing in the field prior to getting hurt. I hope he sticks around, but if not, it was a neat season.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Glasswolf
I just talked with Kendall Rogers. He hasn't heard anything.
metcalfmafia
Why would Tommy transfer? Just seems like smoke to me.
SniderFC
metcalfmafia said:

Why would Tommy transfer? Just seems like smoke to me.

My thoughts as well, but with NIL and the roller coaster of emotions we've experienced the last couple days nothing would surprise me.
tgmoseley
If it's FSU then closer to home, with former teammates and I'm sure they will fork over more money than we can
cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

I just talked with Kendall Rogers. He hasn't heard anything.

Any other updates Glass?
Bas2020
It's a troll twitter account with 9 followers . All 9 followers are Wake Forest related . There is some bad blood between State & Wake right now so them spreading fake rumors doesn't shock me. They also tried to spam the Pack9 account during our series with them .

Good lord we must drill those clowns in football this year .
metcalfmafia
Bas2020 said:

It's a troll twitter account with 9 followers . All 9 followers are Wake Forest related . There is some bad blood between State & Wake right now so them spreading fake rumors doesn't shock me. They also tried to spam the Pack9 account during our series with them .

Thanks for calling that out. Noticed that too when looking at it.
CLTWolf
Hey, if we lose Bomby White, we should just go grab this fella out of the portal. haha

https://www.ttusports.com/sports/bsb/2021-22/bios/hinchman_jason_h4pr

Hit .372, with 26 bombs and 73 RBI

70 career HRs.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
DJncsu13
Bas2020 said:

It may be, but there are legit rumors from legit sources out there. I've heard it and talked to someone else who's heard it and I'm 99% sure it didn't start from the same place.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
SniderFC
CLTWolf said:

Hey, if we lose Bomby White, we should just go grab this fella out of the portal. haha

https://www.ttusports.com/sports/bsb/2021-22/bios/hinchman_jason_h4pr

Hit .372, with 26 bombs and 73 RBI

70 career HRs.

Bring him in anyways and let them have a Wolfpack Home run derby on opposing pitchers
Bas2020
DJncsu13 said:

Bas2020 said:

It may be, but there are legit rumors from legit sources out there. I've heard it and talked to someone else who's heard it and I'm 99% sure it didn't start from the same place.

Pretty easy to get Trea Turner & Rodon on the phone with White. Those guys can hook him up from a bunch of angles with baseball marketing , agency , endorsements etc.
JCooke93
Sup
tau06
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Also saw on twitter than Zayas reclassified up a grade from 2023 so he is young for his grade.
Looks like he's right on the money for his class now. He's 18 yrs 7 months according to his PG profile (I noticed this last night about the reclass as well). Basically, if he comes to school we got him for 3 years instead of 2.

As for a FR at SS, Jose Torres was looking pretty good in his first 17 games until COVID hit. Zayas is ranked similarly as Torres coming out of HS. Jose was 152 on PG (208 on PBR) and Zayas is ranked 199 on PG and 139 on PBR. Seems like the PBR guys like him.

I'm not opposed to bringing in an older SS as well but Zayas can be that guy on defense.
Mannn you have to take PG grades with a grain of salt IMO. A lot of those "Write ups" are from when kids are 15-16 years old still.

Go back and look at our previous classes and you will be very surprised at who the higher ranked kids were that aren't here anymore. They show the higher ranked kids top to bottom for each class so its pretty easy, but outside of the can't miss types like Watson, a lot of them are a crap shoot for their grades/rankings.

Edit to add that I would take a freshman Torres at short any day of the week. You could tell from day one he was going to be very good there.

Perfect game also had Tommy White in the top 30 overall and said he was the best hitter in his class right? Spot on there. Excited about the class we have coming in, lot of really good players if they all make it to campus.
Jtilley
tau06 said:

Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Also saw on twitter than Zayas reclassified up a grade from 2023 so he is young for his grade.
Looks like he's right on the money for his class now. He's 18 yrs 7 months according to his PG profile (I noticed this last night about the reclass as well). Basically, if he comes to school we got him for 3 years instead of 2.

As for a FR at SS, Jose Torres was looking pretty good in his first 17 games until COVID hit. Zayas is ranked similarly as Torres coming out of HS. Jose was 152 on PG (208 on PBR) and Zayas is ranked 199 on PG and 139 on PBR. Seems like the PBR guys like him.

I'm not opposed to bringing in an older SS as well but Zayas can be that guy on defense.
Mannn you have to take PG grades with a grain of salt IMO. A lot of those "Write ups" are from when kids are 15-16 years old still.

Go back and look at our previous classes and you will be very surprised at who the higher ranked kids were that aren't here anymore. They show the higher ranked kids top to bottom for each class so its pretty easy, but outside of the can't miss types like Watson, a lot of them are a crap shoot for their grades/rankings.

Edit to add that I would take a freshman Torres at short any day of the week. You could tell from day one he was going to be very good there.

Perfect game also had Tommy White in the top 30 overall and said he was the best hitter in his class right? Spot on there. Excited about the class we have coming in, lot of really good players if they all make it to campus.
Again, I think he is a can't miss guy. I'm not knocking PG, I just think once you get past a certain number they haven't kept up with them as much.
Wlfpackamk
Can't lose Tommy White. I was at the ACC tourney and even UNC fans around me were saying they partly came to see Tommy hit a bomb. Would be devastating to the image of the program IMO.
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

PG just like PBR update their rankings regularly. I watched Blake Walston climb up the rankings and hated every second of it. He didn't start out as a top 40 kid which is where he ended up unfortunately for us.

Going back and looking at PG rankings they haven't missed a ton when it comes to our kids. Just like every ranking system in every sport that has them, there will be misses from the highly ranked kids.

Baseball, unlike most other sports, doesn't have to have the absolute best athletes to be good. Elliott Avent says that JT Jarrett is the best defensive 2B he's ever had and the kid didn't have an updated PG profile and wasn't listed as a commit. haha Kids always fall through the cracks in baseball, there's just so many, it's going to happen.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
BP Cox
Staff
Brace for impact
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
cowboypack02
BP Cox said:

Brace for impact
Are you ****ing serious man....
kmb717
What's the deadline to enter the transfer portal for baseball?
PKAwolfpacker
Kids will do what they want to do. Wouldn't be good if he left but it is what it is.

For the record, idt he's leaving.

If it was about money, one would think he would have been more open to teams in the draft. I believe his quote regarding last years draft was that he had a number in mind and it just didn't happen. That number was millions of $. Not NIL $, not even FSU NIL $ is close to that.

Wanting to play closer to home makes more sense so that could be legit.

Maybe he really wants on the field instead of purely DH and State can't guarantee that or something?
pack2010
PKAwolfpacker said:

Kids will do what they want to do. Wouldn't be good if he left but it is what it is.

For the record, idt he's leaving.

If it was about money, one would think he would have been more open to teams in the draft. I believe his quote regarding last years draft was that he had a number in mind and it just didn't happen. That number was millions of $. Not NIL $, not even FSU NIL $ is close to that.

Wanting to play closer to home makes more sense so that could be legit.

Maybe he really wants on the field instead of purely DH and State can't guarantee that or something?
good point on the money, clearly he wasn't fully driven by that. but if FSU is saying heres a couple hundred grand, it's better than what i am sure NCSU can pay him.

As for the field part, if that is the issue, Avent just has to put him in the field (he should be anyways). he is a generational baseball talent, have to try to keep him if you can. Money wise, we just can't keep up and that would be unfortunate but ultimately out of our control
BobbyCox95
I heard he's already in Tallahassee. BP don't jerk us around……what do you know
JCooke93
Lol
PKAwolfpacker
Money just makes no sense to me.

He will be paid a lot of money in 2 yrs regardless of where he is. It will be substantially more than NIL regardless of where he plays. He is making or will make money from NIL at state. What difference is a couple hundred grand at most, if you will be making tens of millions of dollars in 2 yrs and you have already turned down tens of millions of dollars once to go to state, presumably without NIL factoring into the initial decision at all? The decision to transfer would have to be driven primarily from some other reason.

Seems like he fits the culture well and gets along/interacts with teammates. In general, it seems like the culture of the program is very strong.

Maybe he's just back in Florida since school is out, hanging out with friends that play for FSU or are close to the FSU program and someone saw that and the rumors started flying.
tau06
Would stink to lose him. Not quite sure I understand his thinking between signing out of HS and now. Had the option to go to FSU I'm sure, came to Raleigh, had an incredible season and seems to be enjoying himself. Now wants to go back home? Just odd

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.