Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

148,401 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PKAwolfpacker said:

Who is c.king45

Cooper King RHP from Charlotte
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Yup
Glasswolf
Not everyone is on twitter. Try to use actual names when possible
JCooke93
Sorry
Bell Tower Grey
Original post deleted. My apologies. No offense intended.
JCooke93
Go Pack
Glasswolf
None taken.
JCooke93
We just got Eli brother LFG
TraCha4
^ who?
JCooke93
Sorry about that just a little bit excited Eli Serrano brother who is a 2026 class committed
JCooke93
Tennessee Transfer portal Pitcher Grant Cherry Just Followed Chrysler on Twitter
CLTWolf
TraCha4 said:

^ who?
https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=646354

Christian Serrano. Little brother of incoming FR stud Eli Serrano.

Their dad played with Clint Chrysler at Stetson back in the day.
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Tennessee Transfer portal Pitcher Grant Cherry Just Followed Chrysler on Twitter

interesting. big time recruit last year (#202 overall on PG, #315 overall on PBR). RHP that sits in the low 90s before getting to UT and damn, whatever they feed those boys he's probably 94-96 by now. Pitched 3.1 innings this year, walked 9 guys but K'd 5 and only gave up 1 hit. nice fastball and a year of SEC experience, might be worth a flyer
JCooke93
Thought a interesting following on Twitter
Lakewolf
Updated: Assuming PJ Labriola is a Junior.

rbaker
JC Villiman 284 ninth round - does he come back
rwwalsh
rbaker said:

Unlikely
Glasswolf
rbaker said:

No, and neither is Hood
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

There's some smoke here
M_A
Seems we're safe with all the HS guys
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Wolfpacklife
I like that!
JCooke93
Oh
JCooke93
They gone
pack2010
looking way too far ahead, does anyone know if Serrano can handle 1st at a decent defensive level? IMO the best lineup could be him at 1st and Groover at 2nd. We know Groover has gotten reps there, I think he could be serviceable and could also help his draft status if he proves he can play good D up the middle
JCooke93
Yes he can
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

looking way too far ahead, does anyone know if Serrano can handle 1st at a decent defensive level? IMO the best lineup could be him at 1st and Groover at 2nd. We know Groover has gotten reps there, I think he could be serviceable and could also help his draft status if he proves he can play good D up the middle
He's a first baseman IMO. He played a lot of first for Pro 5 alternating with Ryan Clifford (Vandy commit) this season. He is versatile having played first along with all 3 OF positions. But, a 6'6 lefty first baseman is what dreams are made of. haha

Last season, Pro 5 at times played Serrano at first, Payton Green at SS and Will Marcy at third.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

He's a first baseman IMO. He played a lot of first for Pro 5 alternating with Ryan Clifford (Vandy commit) this season. He is versatile having played first along with all 3 OF positions. But, a 6'6 lefty first baseman is what dreams are made of. haha

Last season, Pro 5 at times played Serrano at first, Payton Green at SS and Will Marcy at third.

good scoop, thanks. i'll take that with Groover at 2nd, Harrison (A&M kid) at SS and Green at 3rd.
castlewood107
I like this a lot.

If Groover can play 2B we can put the A&M guy in the nine hole and be super offensive 1-8.
JCooke93
Marcy 3B
Harrison SS
Green 2B
Groover 1B
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Marcy 3B
Harrison SS
Green 2B
Groover 1B

Marcys path to get playing time is DH right now. While he was a prep IF, he has played basically all OF at NCSU and over the summer. Don't see Avent playing him at 3rd with has bad as our defense was last year. That said, I do think Marcy has potential to be a plus hitter, so I would like to see him in the lineup but I don't see him at 3rd right now.

IF things go as planned, it'll turn into is Serrano/Groover/Green at 1st/2nd/3rd better than Groover/Green/Marcy defensively, which right now I think it is
WOLFPACK2018
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Marcy 3B
Harrison SS
Green 2B
Groover 1B

Marcys path to get playing time is DH right now. While he was a prep IF, he has played basically all OF at NCSU and over the summer. Don't see Avent playing him at 3rd with has bad as our defense was last year. That said, I do think Marcy has potential to be a plus hitter, so I would like to see him in the lineup but I don't see him at 3rd right now.

IF things go as planned, it'll turn into is Serrano/Groover/Green at 1st/2nd/3rd better than Groover/Green/Marcy defensively, which right now I think it is
I agree.

I also think we could see Groover stay at first, Falsken at 2nd, Zayas at short, and Green at third. Serrano DH/outfield. Falsken is underrated IMO.

JCooke93
Um
Borowolf10
So what are we expecting out of Serrano? Is he an immediate difference maker type player?
EthanBarry
Staff
I think State will prioritize defense after all their issues last year. That'll make it easier for Gupton/Zayas/Harrison to get on the field and tougher to get an extra bat in
EthanBarry
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

So what are we expecting out of Serrano? Is he an immediate difference maker type player?
I hate comparing them because it's hard to expect somebody to be Tommy White, but that kind of guy. Middle of the order bat who is a corner outfielder and first baseman. He's a tall lefty so not really comparable to White except for what you think he can give you statistically

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.