Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

150,160 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
WolfQuacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

Only logical explanation is coach is retiring, otherwise makes no sense and def tampering

Chris Hart will take over for Elliott if he were to retire and Bo Robinson would move up so other than Elliott being retired his coaches wouldn't change much. I'm sure Chris Hart has been his guy since 2018 when he committed.
I know people on here don't like conjecture, but I am truly starting to wonder if this might be the case. EA has been crickets following the NCAA snub. Combine that with 2 straight ACC Champ losses and the Covid debacle in Omaha last year, I could see it being completely deflating at this point in his long career. I sure hope I'm wrong to even consider it, we are lucky to have him.
DJncsu13
WolfQuacker said:

CLTWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

Only logical explanation is coach is retiring, otherwise makes no sense and def tampering

Chris Hart will take over for Elliott if he were to retire and Bo Robinson would move up so other than Elliott being retired his coaches wouldn't change much. I'm sure Chris Hart has been his guy since 2018 when he committed.
I know people on here don't like conjecture, but I am truly starting to wonder if this might be the case. EA has been crickets following the NCAA snub. Combine that with 2 straight ACC Champ losses and the Covid debacle in Omaha last year, I could see it being completely deflating at this point in his long career. I sure hope I'm wrong to even consider it, we are lucky to have him.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Bo Robinson came on staff. Knowing Avent was leaving after this year, Hart and Chrysler being there and needing another assistant.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
BP Cox
Staff
Bas2020 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

I think we are all assuming there is truth to some of it. Best thing we can do now is for local businesses to throw money at him.
You've got a player who set a new record for homeruns his first year.

It's gonna take more than local money for an NIL and I believe that's already been established.
Trea Turner and Rodon have will have like $300 million in the bank soon and every baseball related resource known to man. I would certainly hope they would put "their people" (marketing etc) in touch with White.
NC State will remain in the mediocrity of athletics until we have more donors we don't know the names of donating.

It's time for people to step up or get NC State will be left behind.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Bas2020
BP Cox said:

Bas2020 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

I think we are all assuming there is truth to some of it. Best thing we can do now is for local businesses to throw money at him.

It's gonna take more than local money for an NIL and I believe that's already been established.
Trea Turner and Rodon have will have like $300 million in the bank soon and every baseball related resource known to man. I would certainly hope they would put "their people" (marketing etc) in touch with White.
NC State will remain in the mediocrity of athletics until we have more donors we don't know the names of donating.

Ive joined the Pack of Wolves and donate for the IPS NIL+.

I hope hundreds if not thousands of us are doing the same. IF your buddies arent on online/forums then please reach out via email or text, or go have lunch with them and get them on board as well. We need all of us for sure.
Wolfpacklife
Hoping tommy sticks around. Love what he brings to the table. Will wait and see what surfaces.
wilmwolf
Tommy doesn't lack for NIL deals. He probably has more than any other guy in any sport other than maybe Leary. I'm sure POW is very well apprised of his situation. If he just wants a cash grab, he probably isn't going to get that here. If he wants to be closer to home, there are major programs closer than FSU.

By all accounts, he has been a good teammate, reportedly sharing some of his NIL stuff with teammates. He's been well loved and well supported here. He's a unique talent, but if he leaves, we'll be fine. One guy, no matter how well he can hit, makes or breaks a team. I feel that way in every sport now. I don't blame kids for wanting to get more for themselves, but at the same time, I'm not going to invest emotionally in them in the same way I used to.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
BobbyCox95
BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

How much money do you think he can make in NIL exactly? I understand he's a generational type power hitter but it's still not one of your top 2 money sports. Couple hundred grand maybe?
BP Cox
Staff
BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

How much money do you think he can make in NIL exactly? I understand he's a generational type power hitter but it's still not one of your top 2 money sports. Couple hundred grand maybe?
I think he will be able to to hit a seven figure deal. Just my gut feeling.

I don't see any company or booster in the NC State network or Collective that will write that check if asked to today.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
BobbyCox95
BP Cox said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

I don't see any company or booster in the NC State network or Collective that will write that check if asked to today.
Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see 7 figure.
Wolfpack
BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Are you both the same person?
Bas2020
BP Cox said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

IF it's about money why not just go to JUCO and turn pro?
BobbyCox95
Wolfpack said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

LOL, no but I called dibs on the name first!!

I would expect wherever Tommy plays next year that his production will fall off some. Everyone knows where he is in the lineup and he's gonna be thrown garbage most of the year. I know walks are important too but if I was a betting man I don't think he's gonna get to 27 HR's next year. And IF he gets paid 7 figures to walk all year then have at it. I don't think any college athlete is worth paying 7 figures to.
Colonel Armstrong
I don't see him leaving, just last week he was speaking glowingly of WPN and the support they were showing at the ACCT
Jtilley
Unless I was just completely loaded and flush with cash, I would be hard pressed giving a guy seven figures for two years worth of service in baseball.

If it is a cash grab it is smart on his part IMO because I'm not sure he even gets the chance to hit 20 HR's next year between seeing nothing to hit and the walks. I'm also not 100% convinced he wont regress some anyways.

PackCPA
Wlfpackamk said:

Can't lose Tommy White. I was at the ACC tourney and even UNC fans around me were saying they partly came to see Tommy hit a bomb. Would be devastating to the image of the program IMO.
This is my concern. We've built a hell of a brand spending pennies and having the ACC FOY/NCAA frosh HR record holder/Golden Spikes semifinalist leave after his freshman year would be a significant blow.
Jtilley
BobbyCox95 said:

Wolfpack said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

BobbyCox95 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

LOL, no but I called dibs on the name first!!

I would expect wherever Tommy plays next year that his production will fall off some. Everyone knows where he is in the lineup and he's gonna be thrown garbage most of the year. I know walks are important too but if I was a betting man I don't think he's gonna get to 27 HR's next year. And IF he gets paid 7 figures to walk all year then have at it. I don't think any college athlete is worth paying 7 figures to.
I guess I have read too much baseball sabermetric stuff over the years and have fallen into the category of not paying bat only power hitters but I am with you.
PackCPA
BP Cox said:

Bas2020 said:

BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Have to agree with this. As much as I hate the money element of it all, the "why won't x and x donate more" has been a constant since I started at State. I don't tell anyone how to spend their money -- rich or poor -- but that's a cold hard fact, especially in this 'new' environment we're operating in.
Borowolf10
So does anyone actually know anything here or are we still speculating?
JCooke93
Coach Hart and Coach Robinson are doing work right now
Nsync7227
The Tommy possibly transferring news is very very real. Pack of Wolves aware. Something to keep in mind is still getting through some red tape with NC State compliance as to how much exactly coaches being able to speak freely about NIL and how serious it is. The SEC football coaches are out and open. We need to get university understanding it has to happen.

Our best cheerleaders and most necessary cheerleaders are our coaches. We need them out telling people how serious the need for NIL and pack of wolves is if we truly want to be competitive
FlockaWolf
Nsync7227 said:

The Tommy possibly transferring news is very very real. Pack of Wolves aware. Something to keep in mind is still getting through some red tape with NC State compliance as to how much exactly coaches being able to speak freely about NIL and how serious it is. The SEC football coaches are out and open. We need to get university understanding it has to happen.

Our best cheerleaders and most necessary cheerleaders are our coaches. We need them out telling people how serious the need for NIL and pack of wolves is if we truly want to be competitive

So Tommy Tanks bye bye bye? because right now it's tearing up my heart
Nsync7227
Nothing official and nothing different than what was mentioned in posts earlier.
metcalfmafia
FlockaWolf said:

Nsync7227 said:

So Tommy Tanks bye bye bye? because right now it's tearing up my heart
JCooke93
We are going after 2 big portal guys
pack2010
Re: Tommy white- if it's money, why would he not consider going to JUCO? I am sure he can still make NIL money somewhere, and then get drafted a year earlier. Hopefully this rumor is squashed because it would suck
Wolfpack
JCooke93 said:

We are going after 2 big portal guys
Yep. I get the fear mongering, but we're a player in NIL. Look no further than T Smith just yesterday. It will continue to grow, but we're not going to fall behind. We're lucky a significant portion of our grads are getting big engineering gigs. Let those seeds grow
Glasswolf
Borowolf10 said:

So does anyone actually know anything here or are we still speculating?
This has real legs to it.
M_A
Whether this goes our way or doesnt its ridiculous that this is just what college sports is now
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
SniderFC
M_A said:

Whether this goes our way or doesnt its ridiculous that this is just what college sports is now

Yep. That's why I'm just about done with college sports, I'll just stick to pros and PGA since it's hard to cheat in golf.
metcalfmafia
SniderFC said:

M_A said:

Yep. That's why I'm just about done with college sports, I'll just stick to pros and PGA since it's hard to cheat in golf.
IDK man. I've got a mean foot wedge
Wolfpack
SniderFC said:

M_A said:

Please don't check the news about the LIV invitational LOL
gabeezzell04
Who?
M_A
At least in the pros the guys have contracts and you know when they might be moving. This is just "well, your guy was better than he was expected to be...guess he's not your guy anymore"
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Jtilley
M_A said:

Has basically turned into a yearly opt out clause.
Jtilley
M_A said:

At least in the pros the guys have contracts and you know when they might be moving. This is just "well, your guy was better than he was expected to be...guess he's not your guy anymore"
I mean its pretty common in pros now too. Just look at Rodon, signed a two year deal worth 44 mill with opt out clause after first year. If he keeps pitching the way he is right now, he will be back on the market getting more next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.