Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

149,999 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Borowolf10 said:

So what are we expecting out of Serrano? Is he an immediate difference maker type player?

big time bat. very projectable. can't put too much pressure on a freshman, but if he hit .310+ with a 12-15 doubles, 8-10 HRs, it wouldn't surprise me. he could be VERY good. also he is a very nice athlete with a 60 time in the 6.7s
Borowolf10
pack2010 said:

Borowolf10 said:

So what are we expecting out of Serrano? Is he an immediate difference maker type player?

big time bat. very projectable. can't put too much pressure on a freshman, but if he hit .310+ with a 12-15 doubles, 8-10 HRs, it wouldn't surprise me. he could be VERY good. also he is a very nice athlete with a 60 time in the 6.7s

Nice, sounds like he can also actually field a position unlike some people who will not be named.
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

pack2010 said:

Borowolf10 said:

Nice, sounds like he can also actually field a position unlike some people who will not be named.
Think this kid, from Wake.

https://godeacs.com/sports/baseball/roster/nick-kurtz/6425

Eli can straight mash and he's got legit bloodlines as his dad was a 2nd round pick by the Giants in 1998 as a C.

This swing...swoon.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Go Pack
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

pack2010 said:

Borowolf10 said:

Think this kid, from Wake.

https://godeacs.com/sports/baseball/roster/nick-kurtz/6425

Eli can straight mash and he's got legit bloodlines as his dad was a 2nd round pick by the Giants in 1998 as a C.

This swing...swoon.

Yowzers
NCSUWolfPack92
Trevor Candelaria from Davidson to the #Pack9

metcalfmafia
NCSUWolfPack92 said:

Hell yeah. Had a hell of a year last year.
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

NCSUWolfPack92 said:

Hell yeah. Had a hell of a year last year.
He's good. Kid can play.
pack2010
damn that kid is really good. the OF depth chart just got more busy.

the ironic part is he could potentially being taking a starting job away from his former teammate (I know this kid was mostly RF and Nolan was CF but still)

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.
pack2010
if we can get an arm that is the equivalent of that kid/trice/nolan we'll be on to something.

but, with likely all 3 weekend guys back i understand the recruiting pitch is probably tough
JCooke93
Dom is Gone
JCooke93
Bullpen please
metcalfmafia
Holding out hope that Soles comes back.
James Henderson
Staff
Suggs, Trice, Nolan, and Cadelaria is a strong portal quartet. Just got off phone with Candelaria, he was pumped up.
FlockaWolf
Is Davidson the new Charlotte for this off-season
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
pack2010
pack2010 said:

the ironic part is he could potentially being taking a starting job away from his former teammate (I know this kid was mostly RF and Nolan was CF but still)

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

now lets play a game- pick 3 to start

I'd go with Trice, Gupton, Candelaria (with Serrano at 1st or DH). I still think Gupton will be special sooner rather than later
James Henderson
Staff
pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

I'd go with Trice, Gupton, Candelaria (with Serrano at 1st or DH). I still think Gupton will be special sooner rather than later
Nolan played center for Davidson. I think you can bring Gupton along slowly with those options.
Borowolf10
Ok now I'm excited for baseball, we have options now.
pack2010
James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

Nolan played center for Davidson. I think you can bring Gupton along slowly with those options.

yup and he was dang good too. I would put Nolan 4th in that tier, but the biggest thing that worries me is he was only good for 1 year. now did it all click? or is he a one hit wonder. TBD
JCooke93
Now if Soles Comes Back
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

yup and he was dang good too. I would put Nolan 4th in that tier, but the biggest thing that worries me is he was only good for 1 year. now did it all click? or is he a one hit wonder. TBD
Nolan got more plate appearances this season than he had in his first 3 combined. He only played in 10 games his first year. Covid took out his SO year. 82 plate appearances combined in years one and two. Year 3 was basically year 2.

Will probably see some degradation moving up a level but he's older and a legit athlete.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

Nolan got more plate appearances this season than he had in his first 3 combined. He only played in 10 games his first year. Covid took out his SO year. 82 plate appearances combined in years one and two. Year 3 was basically year 2.

Will probably see some degradation moving up a level but he's older and a legit athlete.
yup, he's a legit athlete with solid experience. hopefully it translates and he can cut down on swing and miss some. its a good problem to have
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

James Henderson said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Candelaria
Trice
Nolan
Gupton
Nixon
Marcy
Serrano

Soles*
Pilolli*

pretty stacked.

yup, he's a legit athlete with solid experience. hopefully it translates and he can cut down on swing and miss some. its a good problem to have
If he can walk 40 times, I'm ok with some swing and miss. Get that speed on the base paths however possible.
JCooke93
I am very excited
EthanBarry
Staff
I think they brought Nolan in to play center, so think he plays. Candelaria is def playing, then comes down to Soles coming back and where Trice plays
JCooke93
I love the comp it's going to be fun to watch this fall
PoleD
NCSUWolfPack92 said:

Any relation to The Candy Man, John Candaleria? I know he lives in NC now.
JCooke93
No clue
CLTWolf
PoleD said:

NCSUWolfPack92 said:

Any relation to The Candy Man, John Candaleria? I know he lives in NC now.
Per his Davidson profile, does not look to be his dad and no mention of being related.
James Henderson
Staff
He's from Colorado.
Lakewolf
Nice pick up!

JCooke93
Take Suggs off the list
metcalfmafia
Why???
JCooke93
UDFA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.