Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

149,773 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
rwwalsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TraCha4 said:

Why can't I see what jcooke93's last couple post say?

It was just emojis on the left
TraCha4
rwwalsh said:

TraCha4 said:

Why can't I see what jcooke93's last couple post say?

It was just emojis on the left

Oh ok. Thanks
JCooke93
Sorry
wilmwolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

It would be very funny if Tommy White ends up having to DH or at the end of the lineup because LSU is so stacked.
That's the most likely scenario
The most likely scenario is that Tommy will start out at 3B and continue to mash.

Exactly. Weird that our fans want a kid to fail. It sucked big time he left, but damn I don't want him to fall off the earth.

And I think he'll be fine at 3rd (I read he won defensive MVP at 3rd at IMG) and hit in the middle of the order for a top 5 team

I don't want him to fail or wish him ill, but I'm not going be out here spending time rooting for him. I'm sure I'll be forced to keep up with him because folks here will post about him, but any vested interest in him ended when he took off the red and white. But I'm an NC State baseball fan, not a college baseball fan, some folks here are different and that's cool too.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
Yup
metcalfmafia
Maybe I've had a couple of beers but I want Tommy to slump. Sorry. Sue me.
wilmwolf
metcalfmafia said:

Maybe I've had a couple of beers but I want Tommy to slump. Sorry. Sue me.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pack2010
wilmwolf80 said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

It would be very funny if Tommy White ends up having to DH or at the end of the lineup because LSU is so stacked.
That's the most likely scenario
The most likely scenario is that Tommy will start out at 3B and continue to mash.

Exactly. Weird that our fans want a kid to fail. It sucked big time he left, but damn I don't want him to fall off the earth.

And I think he'll be fine at 3rd (I read he won defensive MVP at 3rd at IMG) and hit in the middle of the order for a top 5 team

I don't want him to fail or wish him ill, but I'm not going be out here spending time rooting for him. I'm sure I'll be forced to keep up with him because folks here will post about him, but any vested interest in him ended when he took off the red and white. But I'm an NC State baseball fan, not a college baseball fan, some folks here are different and that's cool too.

This is basically how i feel except the lady went to LSU... i was not happy with her for a couple days (jokingly of course). So i will keep up with him a little bit more because she is a sports fan too. if he went to any non ACC school or LSU i wouldn't think twice about it
tau06
CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

castlewood107 said:

Wish we found a way to keep him or at least gave him a mid-week start this year when Payne was really struggling.

From the article below:

After only two appearances covering two-thirds of an inning for N.C. State this year, Cooper entered the transfer portal.

"That was a question I think everyone on the team was trying to figure out," he said of the limited chances with the Wolfpack.

He's the only pitcher in the league with multiple double-figure strikeout outings.

https://randolphrecord.com/randleman-alum-cooper-heads-to-liberty-after-leaving-n-c-state/
Not sure if it's accurate but not being able to find innings for a lefty who is supposedly throwing 95 seems like an odd decision. Hope we can find a few because it sounds like we lost a good option.
what if that "95" isn't being thrown for strikes?

Given that he pitched what looks like less than 1 inning with us and has performed well in summer ball (probably a lesser level league to be fair) how could anyone know? We need a few lefties, no?
The coaching staff knows. They watched him throw everyday. If he's not throwing strikes in front of them why would they trot him out during games?

Also, he's not sitting at 95. He's more low 90s (that's still bringing it, from the left side). Someone from PBR was at the Appalachian League All Star game with a gun on the pitchers. And I agree, the "Appy" League is definitely a lesser level, lower than the CPL and Valley leagues which are actually some of the better behind the Cape.
Liberty is a really nice program and a nice landing spot for Trey but the ASUN ain't the ACC.

Always need pitching from the left side. We added two from the portal, one I'm excited about and the other I'm in a wait and see approach but he's big and has good stuff just has to learn how to use it.

Seems the strike throwing isn't an issue now given his summer league #s no? Or do you just assume if he had gone out in a NCSU uniform that he would lose all command? I certainly don't have any inside info compared to some but it's not like the college coaches across the country unilaterally get these decisions wrong. Sometimes they have bud against a kid or overlook a strength and a kid being able to actually play because they are so focused on something else that they are unhappy they don't see. Happens yearly in every sport. I got no clue if the kid could have actually helped and am just posing the question. To dismiss that as "oh the coaches know better than you" is not a good way to always evaluate these decisions. Carry on
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

castlewood107 said:

Wish we found a way to keep him or at least gave him a mid-week start this year when Payne was really struggling.

From the article below:

After only two appearances covering two-thirds of an inning for N.C. State this year, Cooper entered the transfer portal.

"That was a question I think everyone on the team was trying to figure out," he said of the limited chances with the Wolfpack.

He's the only pitcher in the league with multiple double-figure strikeout outings.

https://randolphrecord.com/randleman-alum-cooper-heads-to-liberty-after-leaving-n-c-state/
Not sure if it's accurate but not being able to find innings for a lefty who is supposedly throwing 95 seems like an odd decision. Hope we can find a few because it sounds like we lost a good option.

Given that he pitched what looks like less than 1 inning with us and has performed well in summer ball (probably a lesser level league to be fair) how could anyone know? We need a few lefties, no?
The coaching staff knows. They watched him throw everyday. If he's not throwing strikes in front of them why would they trot him out during games?

Also, he's not sitting at 95. He's more low 90s (that's still bringing it, from the left side). Someone from PBR was at the Appalachian League All Star game with a gun on the pitchers. And I agree, the "Appy" League is definitely a lesser level, lower than the CPL and Valley leagues which are actually some of the better behind the Cape.
Liberty is a really nice program and a nice landing spot for Trey but the ASUN ain't the ACC.

Always need pitching from the left side. We added two from the portal, one I'm excited about and the other I'm in a wait and see approach but he's big and has good stuff just has to learn how to use it.

Seems the strike throwing isn't an issue now given his summer league #s no? Or do you just assume if he had gone out in a NCSU uniform that he would lose all command? I certainly don't have any inside info compared to some but it's not like the college coaches across the country unilaterally get these decisions wrong. Sometimes they have bud against a kid or overlook a strength and a kid being able to actually play because they are so focused on something else that they are unhappy they don't see. Happens yearly in every sport. I got no clue if the kid could have actually helped and am just posing the question. To dismiss that as "oh the coaches know better than you" is not a good way to always evaluate these decisions. Carry on

1. I'm not talking about this summer. Hopefully he's figured it out and is successful at Liberty. You can go look at the his 2 outings this season and see issues with control.
2. He's also at the top of the summer league standings in walks as well so there's still control issues and again, the Appy League isn't a super strong league. He's still walking people but bc of the talent level he's able to overcome that and get dudes out. Good for him. That's the name of the game.
3. The coaches do know better. They literally watch these kids every day. Chart every session and breakdown the data from every bullpen session. Of course kids leave and get better. Of course coaches can get it wrong but typically and more often than not the good ones don't get it wrong.
4. He's going to Liberty not LSU. Maybe that's the appropriate level for him.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Tennessee Got A Pitcher from UNC Charlotte Ugh
Ellesdad
Any word on Soles?
JCooke93
He is back
rbaker
JC are we getting beat on NIL?
JCooke93
To be honest we are doing it the right way some other schools aren't but to answer your question yes we are getting beat
tau06
CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

castlewood107 said:

From the article below:

1. I'm not talking about this summer. Hopefully he's figured it out and is successful at Liberty. You can go look at the his 2 outings this season and see issues with control.
2. He's also at the top of the summer league standings in walks as well so there's still control issues and again, the Appy League isn't a super strong league. He's still walking people but bc of the talent level he's able to overcome that and get dudes out. Good for him. That's the name of the game.
3. The coaches do know better. They literally watch these kids every day. Chart every session and breakdown the data from every bullpen session. Of course kids leave and get better. Of course coaches can get it wrong but typically and more often than not the good ones don't get it wrong.

All fair points but I hope you can understand where I am coming from with your point #3. Just because you have more information doesn't always mean that you make the correct decision in the grand scheme of things. We are the school who had a coaching staff decide to stick with Mac Rowan over the Martin twins for crying out loud. That is my main point I'm trying to make. Which imo isn't some crazy thought and is pretty unimpeachable logically if you step back and look at it
JCooke93
Slow News week and weekend so far
Glasswolf
tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

castlewood107 said:

From the article below:

All fair points but I hope you can understand where I am coming from with your point #3. Just because you have more information doesn't always mean that you make the correct decision in the grand scheme of things. We are the school who had a coaching staff decide to stick with Mac Rowan over the Martin twins for crying out loud. That is my main point I'm trying to make. Which imo isn't some crazy thought and is pretty unimpeachable logically if you step back and look at it
That staff actually took DSJ, Torin Dorn and Terry Henderson over the Martin twins. You cannot go to a coach and ask them to promise you will be the starter the following season
JCooke93
Yup
ncsufan13
Has there been anything on Pilolli yet?
JCooke93
He is coming back
rwwalsh
Carter Young signs with Baltimore. Too bad for the fighting Tommys
CLTWolf
rwwalsh said:

Carter Young signs with Baltimore. Too bad for the fighting Tommys
LSU loses Young and Pineda to the draft.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
ncsufan13
Creed Watkins commits
JCooke93
LFG
pack2010
nice get. will be like an arm we haven't seen recently. I know Justice and Willaman could get it in the mid 90s, but this kid should live there and hit triple digits. has the stuff/makeup to be the closer
metcalfmafia
Awesome. Hope he can be the closer we need.
JCooke93
Might not be done yet
EthanBarry
Staff
Pretty surprised that Pilolli and Soles are back
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

same. our OF depth is nuts. IMO that pretty much moves trice to 2nd and Serrano to DH if he hits well enough.

also don't think Soles is a lock to start.
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

EthanBarry said:

same. our OF depth is nuts. IMO that pretty much moves trice to 2nd and Serrano to DH if he hits well enough.

I mean, one of those guys has to sit, between the two Davidson kids, Pilolli and Soles
JCooke93
A lot of options and no pressure on the FR
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

EthanBarry said:

I mean, one of those guys has to sit, between the two Davidson kids, Pilolli and Soles

Yea exactly. Then add on the fact that the 2 freshmen are 2 of this highest rated kids we've gotten and that's a log jam
SportManagementEngineer
Gives you a chance to bring Gupton along slowly since his bat probably isn't ready for this level.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.