Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

148,399 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup
PoleD
Interest is there. He does have a close connection to the staff.
JCooke93
Nice
JCooke93
Tennessee Got The SS From Kansas
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Tennessee Got The SS From Kansas
Good snag for Vitello.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
I guess no news is good news
Gost8
JCooke93 said:

I guess no news is good news

About ?
JCooke93
Portal
JCooke93
Very curious to see if we go after any FSU Guys
JCooke93
OMG Coach Robinson Just Followed C.Young From Vanderbilt
JCooke93
And Other Vanderbilt Infielder to the list
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

OMG Coach Robinson Just Followed C.Young From Vanderbilt

Flashy name, but really has not been good the last couple of years. Will be interesting to see if a big time school takes a chance
JCooke93
Currently 2 Vanderbilt Infielders
CLTWolf
CLTWolf said:

Santi Montiel SS South Alabama

https://usajaguars.com/sports/baseball/roster/santi-montiel/9891

He's now got the ever elusive Chris Hart follow on the tweeters.
JCooke93
Love it
JCooke93
Any news today ?
FLWolf
This is a joke-it reminds me of the travelball parents who moved their kids season looking for a team where their kid could play more

The days of working harder and beating out the guy in front of you are gone.

Oh and coaches better not treat players tough
JCooke93
Yeah
JCooke93
Any news yet ?
Bell Tower Grey
Folks seem to think FSU may target Link Jarrett, and also that Chris Hart will succeed Avent at State whenever he retires. I wonder if Hart is under consideration at FSU since he played college ball there?
CLTWolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

Folks seem to think FSU may target Link Jarrett, and also that Chris Hart will succeed Avent at State whenever he retires. I wonder if Hart is under consideration at FSU since he played college ball there?
Might be tough for them to get Link. Martin Jr was an old roommate of Jarrett's along with still being a very close friend as well. Mike Bell at Pitt also played with Martin Jr at FSU and is close with him as well. But if I were Bell I'd do anything to leave Pitt as soon as I could. He's too good of a coach for that place.

Chris Hart has been in Raleigh for how long now? 18 years, I think? He pretty much runs the show now just doesn't have the title yet and I'm pretty sure everyone in the business knows that Avent wants Hart to take over. As for FSU, Chris Hart played for Martin Sr and Jr at FSU so he might have some feelings about what happened as well. Good news is, I don't think FSU hires a first timer again. They're going to hire someone with head coaching experience.

IMO, FSU is going to do all they can to make Link say yes. If ND wins today, it's probably going to get much harder to hire him. Then again LSU got Paul Mainieri to leave ND during a successful run, so who knows.

I've said since they fired Martin Jr that I thought their next coach wouldn't come from the Martin coaching tree. I'll probably end up being wrong. ha
CLTWolf
FLWolf said:

This is a joke-it reminds me of the travelball parents who moved their kids season looking for a team where their kid could play more

The days of working harder and beating out the guy in front of you are gone.

Oh and coaches better not treat players tough
What's a joke?

Parents have to pay (a lot of money) for travel ball so who cares if they look for a place for their kid to actually play? It's literally their money and college baseball is a pay to play sport from travel ball all the way up to college. If you have to pay, might as well go where you can play. 11.7 'ships means that most of the kids on a college baseball roster are paying to be on a team.

You think if you don't beat out the guy you should just have to stay put and not play and sit on the bench? That's crazy talk, IMO. If the kid is paying his way (or a good chunk of it) then I have no issue with them leaving to go find playing time. It's their money and experience, not yours.

Oh and yeah, the coaches better treat the players with respect. Tough is fine but disrespect and abuse is not.

JCooke93
Yup
FLWolf
I should of clarified it. I get what you are saying but sometimes you have to wait your turn and work harder. I think I am talking more about kids who are starting or had the opportunity to start.

Constructing rosters go out the window now and developing players and arms is really tough in this new era.

Kids that are not playing should transfer and find a program where he/she can play
JCooke93
We might be going after some other players if they end up in the portal
JCooke93
Coach Robinson is at it again Let's Go
Jtilley
I have a hard time being upset at a kid in baseball for leaving for another school.

Majority of teams start with damn near 40 kids in the fall, then cut half the freshman before the spring. By the end of the year the other third are lucky to have a spot.

Also hard to be upset at kid leaving somewhere like Air force, ODU, Charlotte or another smaller college for more exposer/better opportunities.

CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Hunter Hodges and Robbie Petracci

Both would be welcomed additions to the squad, IMO
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

JCooke93 said:

Hunter Hodges and Robbie Petracci

Both would be welcomed additions to the squad, IMO
Petracci was hitting over .340 until middle of May.
JCooke93
I like it
pack2010
good outing for hodges last night. 2 perfect innings with 3 Ks. still tbd on what his plans are

Borowolf10
As we are getting closer to the MLB draft, what are the expectations around getting all our recruits to campus?
DJncsu13
I'm pretty sure this is an error, but I was looking at the Cotuit Kettleers website to check in on Trice, and noticed Brooks Baldwin from UNCW is listed as NC State for his college. When you hover over his name, it links back to UNCW's site. However Trice shows NC State for his college and it links back to ODU.

https://www.kettleers.org/2022-roster/
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
JCooke93
Pretty good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.