Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

149,993 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondering
JCooke93
LSU is getting everyone ugh
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

LSU is getting everyone ugh
They were always getting the Hurd kid. Not sure why it took so long to be "officially" announced. If he's back from his injury, he can be really good. Very highly rated out of HS.

Carter Lindsay (FR OF) is in the portal for the Pack. Not a huge surprise I'd say.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
rwwalsh
Believe tomorrow is the deadline for people entering. Hopefully a nice flurry of quality players we can look at.
CLTWolf
rwwalsh said:

Believe tomorrow is the deadline for people entering. Hopefully a nice flurry of quality players we can look at.
Definitely has, about to put out an update from the D1 list. I'm traveling this week so once I get settled into the hotel I'll crank out a list for everyone.
JCooke93
C.Lindsay39 is now in the portal
CLTWolf
So here's some interesting names from the D1 baseball list that hit the portal...

Hurston Waldrep RHP Southern Miss - STUD. Will have his pick. Believe he made some AA lists. Training with the USA team in Cary.
Juaron Watts-Brown RHP Long Beach State - 111 K's in 73 innings only 29 BBs. Playing in the Cape this summer.
Luis Ramirez RHP Long Beach State - 2020 FR AA
Jack Noble RHP Long Beach State - No idea why all these dirtbags are in the portal.
Connelly Early LHP Army - Patriot League Pitcher of the Year. His coach just left for Northwestern.
Charlie Hurley RHP So Cal
Jaden Agassi RHP So Cal - Parents are Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf
Matt Woods OF Bryant - NEC Player of the Year
Andrew Taylor RHP Central Michigan - STUD. 127 K's, 27 BBs in 84 innings. Will get drafted
Julian Bosnic LHP SCarolina - injured this year, didn't play. Good numbers in 2021
Dario Gomez OF Nevada - hit .393 last season, .317 this year.
Tobey McDonough RHP Brown - 1st team All Ivy League

Thursday and Friday will probably have many more names come out to the portal.

Doesn't have to be announced by Friday, just be entered by Friday.
JCooke93
Do you think we go after any of those guys ?
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Do you think we go after any of those guys ?
no clue. I just wanted to list kids to spur some discussion.

We apparently had a pitcher from the west coast visit recently. Would love to know who that was.
JCooke93
Rio is my guess from Oregon He is a LHP and used out of the bullpen for the ducks
JCooke93
Pac12 Pitcher of The Year at Stanford Just Put his Name in the portal RHP Alex Williams
pack2010
Not transfer related, but next year related. MLB.com came out with their top 250 prospects for the draft

Eli Serrano was #194 with a note that said "he'll likely head to NC State"

Villaman was 219 and Hood was 224 overall

No Gupton
JCooke93
I like it
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

Not transfer related, but next year related. MLB.com came out with their top 250 prospects for the draft

No Gupton
I saw that too....Gupton was in the 400 to 450 range. Willsaden was slightly higher.....

no Soles in what I saw either.
braz213
I could see Soles coming back and having a monster year.
pack2010
Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

No Gupton
I saw that too....Gupton was in the 400 to 450 range. Willsaden was slightly higher.....

good intel. didn't look at the other 250.

Ultimately, I think the offense will be fine (if there are no more additions) assuming we get Gupton and Serrano. Of course another bat would be awesome.

Pitching wise, we need another couple arms. Have a nice core and a couple kids that might take a leap, but another proven arm or two is a must.
JCooke93
Skenes maybe
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

No Gupton

Ultimately, I think the offense will be fine (if there are no more additions) assuming we get Gupton and Serrano. Of course another bat would be awesome.

Pitching wise, we need another couple arms. Have a nice core and a couple kids that might take a leap, but another proven arm or two is a must.
Was Highfill in what you saw? He was slightly higher than Hood in what I saw. If he signs, we need at least 3 arms. Never have enough pitching....and a SS. With Trice and Nolan...one of them in right and Gupton in center. Serrano at first. Maybe Trice plays third if Nolan can hit. Nixon, Soles, and Marcy battle for left. Then there is a DH. Piloli was rated near Gupton. I think he signs. Still haven't seen where Giles is leaving and today is the last day. That's another bat and potential corner infielder.
pack2010
Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

No Gupton

Was Highfill in what you saw? He was slightly higher than Hood in what I saw. If he signs, we need at least 3 arms. Never have enough pitching....and a SS. With Trice and Nolan...one of them in right and Gupton in center. Serrano at first. Maybe Trice plays third if Nolan can hit. Nixon, Soles, and Marcy battle for left. Then there is a DH. Piloli was rated near Gupton. I think he signs. Still haven't seen where Giles is leaving and today is the last day. That's another bat and potential corner infielder.

he was not, nope. the only 3 relevant to NCSU in what I saw (i will link below) are Serrano, Hood, Villaman.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

No Gupton

he was not, nope. the only 3 relevant to NCSU in what I saw (i will link below) are Serrano, Hood, Villaman.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/
I guess that's good. If Highfill is drafted in the 8th round and they throw money at him, he will sign, too. My listing was after he was out for the season.
JCooke93
I would be shocked if hood Soles and Villaman come back
Borowolf10
JCooke93 said:

Why is Evans not coming here again? Is he set on the draft or another school?
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Soles had a great season....his value is high. Villaman is too high on the list to expect back. How about Highfill? Does he want to come back to be a first 1-3 rounder next year?
CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

JCooke93 said:

Why is Evans not coming here again? Is he set on the draft or another school?

I'm guessing grades or he's wanting to get into the draft faster as he's been following several JUCO coaches recently.
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Soles had a great season....his value is high. Villaman is too high on the list to expect back. How about Highfill? Does he want to come back to be a first 1-3 rounder next year?

Sam is damaged goods right now. He's gonna be back unless some team falls in love.
JCooke93
Oh
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Sam is damaged goods right now. He's gonna be back unless some team falls in love.
I hope so....but all it takes is one guy to watch him throw....but pain free at his old speed
JCooke93
We will see
CLTWolf
Well, looks like we got us an arm....Rio Britton LHP from Oregon.

https://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/oregon-left-handed-pitcher-rio-britton-transfers-to-nc-state/article_734d34a2-f8a9-11ec-a86d-672f84a7c7d0.html
FlockaWolf
Wow, looks like a really good pick up! And he's a lefty
Wolfpacklife
Can't have enough leftys!
pack2010
really nice get. interesting to see how we use him b/c he seems like a 1 inning per type of guy. either way, love his numbers. welcome addition to the pen
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
tau06
Packsd14me said:

CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

I hope so....but all it takes is one guy to watch him throw....but pain free at his old speed

Given Sam signing and being active in PoW and his disappointing season I'd be surprised if he signs. Still has some years of leverage even after next year right?
Ripper
CLTWolf said:

Well, looks like we got us an arm....Rio Britton LHP from Oregon.

https://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/oregon-left-handed-pitcher-rio-britton-transfers-to-nc-state/article_734d34a2-f8a9-11ec-a86d-672f84a7c7d0.html
Quality pickup.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.