Baseball transfer portal...(and anything next season related)

148,295 Views | 1149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
Ellesdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Justin doesn't seem worried, so I'm staying hopeful.
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

Would stink to lose him. Not quite sure I understand his thinking between signing out of HS and now. Had the option to go to FSU I'm sure, came to Raleigh, had an incredible season and seems to be enjoying himself. Now wants to go back home? Just odd
Tommy committed to NC State in 2018...think about that for a second. He committed to NC State as a FR in HS, in 2018. Kid stayed committed to NC State for years. haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
ClePack
No way....

If this happens, I think i'm done with NC State baseball. Nothing good will ever happen to this program and it hurts too often.
JCooke93
I am not sure what is going on but either way we will be fine
Borowolf10
If he ends up leaving for FSU then we need to get lawyers involved because there would be clear tampering.
Wlfpackamk
Feels odd. I mean for all intents and purposes we are supposed to be prepping for a regional. We are 3 days from being in the ACC champ game. And you're telling me all this is going down? How was this not pre-arranged if true?
Trj10
CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

Would stink to lose him. Not quite sure I understand his thinking between signing out of HS and now. Had the option to go to FSU I'm sure, came to Raleigh, had an incredible season and seems to be enjoying himself. Now wants to go back home? Just odd
Tommy committed to NC State in 2018...think about that for a second. He committed to NC State as a FR in HS, in 2018. Kid stayed committed to NC State for years. haha
If he was told he would have the opportunity to play in the field, which is what he was told from what I remember, that could have an impact along with the NIL. State had a 3rd baseman that doubled Tommy's errors in only 10 more opportunities. Seems like it could have been possible to put him had 3rd and maintain at least that level of production and also keep a guy that hit nearly .370 with 25+ HRs as a freshman happy.
DJncsu13
The worst part of it is him going to a division rival that we play every year. That's two more years of having to play against him. If this happens, the love he's received this year will turn ugly when FSU visits Raleigh next year.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
westerj12
Just talked to his co-editor…very strong rumblings that White is going back to Florida

***edited
SniderFC
Un-*******-believable.
Glasswolf
Over night, this thing grew legs from legit people
JCooke93
Go Pack
SniderFC
If this is true, this about does it for me with college athletics. Basketball is already ruined, nobody other than 6-8 teams a year has a chance in football and now baseball is being corrupted too.
Colonel Armstrong
Would be a huge blow.
FlockaWolf
My tommy tanks shirt is going straight to the trash if so. Smh
Wolfpack
Only logical explanation is coach is retiring, otherwise makes no sense and def tampering
kmb717
Remember when Saniya Rivers was going to UNC? Let's just see what happens.
BobbyCox95
Hopefully we are doing everything behind the scenes to prevent it from happening......NIL would be a good start. Bring Chuck in to sing to him if we have to.
CLTWolf
Trj10 said:

CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

If he was told he would have the opportunity to play in the field, which is what he was told from what I remember, that could have an impact along with the NIL. State had a 3rd baseman that doubled Tommy's errors in only 10 more opportunities. Seems like it could have been possible to put him had 3rd and maintain at least that level of production and also keep a guy that hit nearly .370 with 25+ HRs as a freshman happy.

He got the opportunity to play in the field at two different positions and if he didn't get hurt playing 3rd he probably keeps playing there. We couldn't risk another injury to him at that point in the season so moving back to DH made sense.

Not sure what any of this has to do with my comment about Tommy being committed to State since 2018. The point is he's remained firm to State for a long time, hopefully we have the chance to keep him around.
Bas2020
So I am to believe that the FSU coach and Avent are good friends... this FSU coach just went to bat during his presser for State being excluded.... and yet they are tampering behind the scenes for White?

Is this the rumor I am to believe?
CLTWolf
Wolfpack said:

Only logical explanation is coach is retiring, otherwise makes no sense and def tampering

Chris Hart will take over for Elliott if he were to retire and Bo Robinson would move up so other than Elliott being retired his coaches wouldn't change much. I'm sure Chris Hart has been his guy since 2018 when he committed.
CLTWolf
Bas2020 said:

So I am to believe that the FSU coach and Avent are good friends... this FSU coach just went to bat during his presser for State being excluded.... and yet they are tampering behind the scenes for White?

To take this even further, Mike Martin Jr coached Chris Hart at FSU for 4 years.
metcalfmafia
Is it tampering if Tommy reached out to them?
BP Cox
Staff
Bas2020 said:

The FSU coach can and will do whatever he can to improve his team regardless if he thinks State should be in the CWS or not.

Plus I don't believe it is tampering if the student-athlete is the one driving this.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
cowboypack02
BP Cox said:

Bas2020 said:

The FSU coach can and will do whatever he can to improve his team regardless if he thinks State should be in the CWS or not.

Plus I don't believe it is tampering if the student-athlete is the one driving this.
Are you saying that White reached out to FSU? That'll be a hard pill to swallow.

I can almost ride with FSU tampering and really selling the kid, as much as I hate we all get sold something on occasion...but if he reached out to them that would be tough
DJncsu13
The first time he steps into the box in Raleigh next year wearing Garnet and Gold is going to be quite the interesting scene. I'd be interested to see what his teammates think of this.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
ClePack
SniderFC said:

If this is true, this about does it for me with college athletics. Basketball is already ruined, nobody other than 6-8 teams a year has a chance in football and now baseball is being corrupted too.

Yep. I'm done.
BP Cox
Staff
cowboypack02 said:

BP Cox said:

Bas2020 said:

Are you saying that White reached out to FSU? That'll be a hard pill to swallow.

I can almost ride with FSU tampering and really selling the kid, as much as I hate we all get sold something on occasion...but if he reached out to them that would be tough
Didn't say that at all. Was referring to Metcalfmafia's question. But honestly we'll most likely never know if he did or did not.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Atchase89
He would wear one right in the middle of the 4 and the 7 on the back of his jersey
metcalfmafia
Can we just slow the roll a little bit until this is actually real or not?
Wlfpackamk
I think we are all assuming there is truth to some of it. Best thing we can do now is for local businesses to throw money at him.
SniderFC
From a mod on the FSU board.

"From what I've heard, this is all speculation for now. Tommy's not in the portal yet and is still with NC State as of this morning. May be connections to former travel ball teammates at FSU but there's gonna be a lot of those all over Florida for him and if he does hit the portal, the money offers for him will be insane."
BP Cox
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

I think we are all assuming there is truth to some of it. Best thing we can do now is for local businesses to throw money at him.
You've got a player who set a new record for homeruns his first year.

It's gonna take more than local money for an NIL and I believe that's already been established.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
Pack87
Guarantee someone could work a huge marketing deal for him in Raleigh if that is what he is looking for.

If it is about going home we may have more of a problem.
Bas2020
BP Cox said:

Wlfpackamk said:

You've got a player who set a new record for homeruns his first year.

It's gonna take more than local money for an NIL and I believe that's already been established.
Trea Turner and Rodon have will have like $300 million in the bank soon and every baseball related resource known to man. I would certainly hope they would put "their people" (marketing etc) in touch with White.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.