George Floyd

125,433 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"What is the end game here?"

That is the question I keep coming back to. Justice for Floyd is the stated purpose of the protests. But justice comes from the justice system, which isn't going to happen tomorrow. Do we want an eye for an eye, where we drag the cop out into the street and put a knee on his neck until he dies? Because that's not how the country is supposed to work. And yes, that has happened to people of color many times in the past, but it was wrong then and would be wrong now. That's not justice, it is vengeance.

According to an article I saw yesterday, the goal of the Raleigh protestors is the ouster of the RPD chief, for several vague reasons. Ok, so do we fire every police chief in this country? Does that solve the problem, or create a bigger one?

Another group said that they want to abolish the police. OK. So who protects the innocent? Who arrests the criminals? Are the protestors going to do that? Are they our new police force? A lack of a police force isn't freedom, it is anarchy. Maybe the younger generation is caught up in post apocalyptic fantasies from all the zombie shows and movies where vigilante groups armed with shotguns and baseball bats rule their own enclaves. I don't know. You have to have police, you have to have laws and people to enforce them. Millennia of information from our past says that utopia doesn't exist, and that human nature requires there to be organization and structure to keep us from devolving into chaos.

If the goal is police reform, as it should be IMO, that's not going to happen tonight or tomorrow. Are we going to keep burning down our cities until it does happen? Because if the answer is yes, the country will be a pile of rubble in weeks. At some point in time you have to have faith and give time for change to happen.

I am outraged with what happened to George Floyd, but it isn't because he was black and the cop was white. I am outraged with it because it was inhumane and unjust and he didn't deserve to die because he is a human being. Until our humanity becomes the narrative, until the races of the people involved isn't the lead on the story, I don't think anything will change.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
"The glorification of mob violence and petty criminality that was one of the disgraceful hallmarks of bien-pensant thinking throughout the 20th century resonates through every tweet, every deep TV observation and every piece of writing that casts the coast-to-coast destruction and anarchy in a positive light."

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/only-an-intellectual-could-justify-these-riots/
ncsualum05
We wouldn't be at this point if we had any kind of strong leadership in our politicians or police chiefs. I'm a Trump supporter but I think he's done a bad job as well. His responses are not what we need right now.

But the worst part of all this is the liberal democrat governors and mayors and their advisors, council members, and in some cases police chiefs. They should've gotten control of this. Instead they pandered to the rioters, sympathized with them. Weak ass ***** Criminals have been emboldened. This should've lasted 1 or 2 nights tops in a few cities and been snuffed out. Every major city in America is controlled by democrats. Most of the states with these major cities has a democrat governor. Leadership is needed at all levels and we aren't seeing it in most places. That's sad. And nothing will change, people will continue to vote these same weak idiots into office so they can receive their pandering or maybe their govt check.

And my final thought is if Trump is telling governors and mayors to take action and they are not then there is no choice but for Trump to send in troops to restore order. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened, in fact it's happened quite often in our history.
BobbyCox95
wilmwolf80 said:

That is the question I keep coming back to. Justice for Floyd is the stated purpose of the protests. But justice comes from the justice system, which isn't going to happen tomorrow. Do we want an eye for an eye, where we drag the cop out into the street and put a knee on his neck until he dies? Because that's not how the country is supposed to work. And yes, that has happened to people of color many times in the past, but it was wrong then and would be wrong now. That's not justice, it is vengeance.

According to an article I saw yesterday, the goal of the Raleigh protestors is the ouster of the RPD chief, for several vague reasons. Ok, so do we fire every police chief in this country? Does that solve the problem, or create a bigger one?

Another group said that they want to abolish the police. OK. So who protects the innocent? Who arrests the criminals? Are the protestors going to do that? Are they our new police force? A lack of a police force isn't freedom, it is anarchy. Maybe the younger generation is caught up in post apocalyptic fantasies from all the zombie shows and movies where vigilante groups armed with shotguns and baseball bats rule their own enclaves. I don't know. You have to have police, you have to have laws and people to enforce them. Millennia of information from our past says that utopia doesn't exist, and that human nature requires there to be organization and structure to keep us from devolving into chaos.

If the goal is police reform, as it should be IMO, that's not going to happen tonight or tomorrow. Are we going to keep burning down our cities until it does happen? Because if the answer is yes, the country will be a pile of rubble in weeks. At some point in time you have to have faith and give time for change to happen.

I am outraged with what happened to George Floyd, but it isn't because he was black and the cop was white. I am outraged with it because it was inhumane and unjust and he didn't deserve to die because he is a human being. Until our humanity becomes the narrative, until the races of the people involved isn't the lead on the story, I don't think anything will change.

I agree with you re: end game. The problem is the ones that are really hurting are being sabotaged by the opportunistics looking to cause trouble for no reason. The ones breaking into stores and setting fires (for the most part) are not doing it in the name of justice. They are doing it because they see an opportunity to wreak havoc and not get in trouble. The antifa type losers look for every chance they have to do this. This time their opportunity is police brutality, next time will be an election didn't go their way, the following time will be climate change etc etc. Sad part is, I keep reading and hearing that a ton of cars parked downtown during these "protests" have out of state tags. Further proof most of these people are just looking for a place to cause trouble and not get caught for it.
PackBacker07
I would argue this worst part of this situation is the ongoing deaths at the hands of police, not Democratic leaders. But to each their own.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

I would argue this worst part of this situation is the ongoing deaths at the hands of police, not Democratic leaders. But to each their own.
I would argue the police murdered, shot, run over, and assaulted during these riots are part of the worst part of this situation as well. But to each their own.
GuerrillaPack
PackBacker07 said:

RWW has always been good in my book. We may not always agree but at least he's rational and willing to hear people out and have a normal discourse (those that have reasonable viewpoints). I'm glad he's busting Guerilla's balls on this - it's outrageous.
What's outrageous about what I've said? The fact that I don't believe the completely bogus narrative from the Leftist Lamestream media that these riots are the work of "white supremacists"??

These riots are clearly the work of Antifa and other leftists. For every 1,000 Antifa and Leftists out there rioting, maybe there could be found 1 "white supremacist" who was out among the crowd to counter-protest or something. But it's not "white supremacists" rioting in our cities and burning down buildings. It's Antifa and Lefists who are doing this.

For the Leftist Establishment media to put out the narrative claiming that it's "the right" rioting and destroying our cities....is the height of absurdity. The leftist Establishment media is just doing everything they can to protect Antifa and their other Leftist allies, and spin the story and try to blame the other side for the rioting and destruction.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

I would argue the police murdered, shot, run over, and assaulted during these riots are part of the worst part of this situation as well. But to each their own.
Would appreciate a link for any officer murdered. I have not seen any officer killed yet. Anyone injured during this unrest is a tragedy.
Social Media definitely skews against Police right now, and I don't doubt many officers have been hurt by the mob, but I've also seen videos of Police cars hitting protesters, tear gas and rubber bullets fired at peaceful protesters, people being approached and pepper spayed without warning, Press members being assaulted or threatened, etc.
packgrad
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Would appreciate a link for any officer murdered. I have not seen any officer killed yet. Anyone injured during this unrest is a tragedy.
Social Media definitely skews against Police right now, and I don't doubt many officers have been hurt by the mob, but I've also seen videos of Police cars hitting protesters, tear gas and rubber bullets fired at peaceful protesters, people being approached and pepper spayed without warning, Press members being assaulted or threatened, etc.

Cool. I've seen videos of rioters throwing bricks against the back of police officers heads. I've seen videos of cars running over police officers. I've seen videos of "protesters" with rifles shooting at the police. I've seen videos of bricks and bottles being thrown at police. I've seen videos of police being attacked by multiple people. I've seen videos of press not leaving when they were instructed to leave.

The LV officer that was shot in the back of the head has not died yet. He's just in grave condition. I thought he died.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Cool. I've seen videos of rioters throwing bricks against the back of police officers heads. I've seen videos of cars running over police officers. I've seen videos of "protesters" with rifles shooting at the police. I've seen videos of bricks and bottles being thrown at police. I've seen videos of police being attacked by multiple people. I've seen videos of press not leaving when they were instructed to leave.

The LV officer that was shot in the back of the head has not died yet. He's just in grave condition. I thought he died.
Funny how media presented to people can be so different eh? I'm well aware there was violence against officers, but the videos that have come to me have been entirely been about officers assaulting protesters.
I had not heard of the cop in LV. I pray he recovers. Violence against officers is not the solution to violence by officers.
packgrad
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Funny how media presented to people can be so different eh? I'm well aware there was violence against officers, but the videos that have come to me have been entirely been about officers assaulting protesters.
I had not heard of the cop in LV. I pray he recovers. Violence against officers is not the solution to violence by officers.

No doubt. I'm beginning to agree that the press as we know it is the enemy of the state. It is very much agenda based.
FlossyDFlynt
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

This is the exact reason I removed and logged out of all social media over the weekend, and probably wont turn it back on for quite a while. Twitter has its uses, but good lord it turned into a giant cesspool without sports. I deleted Facebook years ago and havent looked back. I still enjoyed Twitter, but with COVID and now all the other stuff, its just not worth it
Colonel Armstrong
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Worst part is that it's 2020 and we still have racists in this country. We all need to be better
Packchem91
King Leary said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Worst part is that it's 2020 and we still have racists in this country. We all need to be better
We do; we always will. Worse is when you have leaders who facilitate it. Trump has repeatedly thru his presidency said things that create flaming based on skin color, nationality, ethnicity. Its one thing when one of us do that (still bad)...but when the freaking POTUS -- the most powerful man in the world, can't simply convey basic decency w/o casting a stone at someone, it just makes things worse.
I voted for the guy. I didn't want to, but the GOP gave him to us. I don't know that I can do it again. Call me crazy, but "decency" should be a part of a the gig as president.

**The Dems have it in their wheelhouse to run him out of office in NOV, but they've nominated a man who is sadly losing his mental faculties....and if he nominates someone like Warren as VP, he may manage to lose this anyway.
RunsWithWolves26
Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

We do; we always will. Worse is when you have leaders who facilitate it. Trump has repeatedly thru his presidency said things that create flaming based on skin color, nationality, ethnicity. Its one thing when one of us do that (still bad)...but when the freaking POTUS -- the most powerful man in the world, can't simply convey basic decency w/o casting a stone at someone, it just makes things worse.
I voted for the guy. I didn't want to, but the GOP gave him to us. I don't know that I can do it again. Call me crazy, but "decency" should be a part of a the gig as president.

**The Dems have it in their wheelhouse to run him out of office in NOV, but they've nominated a man who is sadly losing his mental faculties....and if he nominates someone like Warren as VP, he may manage to lose this anyway.

A VP who has fanned the flames of racial fears for years himself. Remember the "put y'all back in chains" and most recently "if you vote for Trump, you ain't black." I didn't vote for Trump the first time and won't this time. I also won't vote for Biden. Both sides fan the flames of racism because it fits their political needs. When you have the idiots we have and have had for years, running his country, nothing will ever change..
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

I'm the opposite. I didn't vote for him the first time. I probably will this time. The main reason I don't want to is I don't want to listen to the media and social media cry wolf for another 4 years. I think they are going to continue pushing more moderate people right though. The left is so ****ing crazy right now there is no way I will vote for any of them any time soon. Hell I voted for Cooper. That was a horrible mistake.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

I'm the opposite. I didn't vote for him the first time. I probably will this time. The main reason I don't want to is I don't want to listen to the media and social media cry wolf for another 4 years. I think they are going to continue pushing more moderate people right though. The left is so ****ing crazy right now there is no way I will vote for any of them any time soon. Hell I voted for Cooper. That was a horrible mistake.
Policy-wise, many of us probably are better off today $$$....or at least, were until Covid. And I get the media angle, and trust me I have as much despise for them as for any politician. So crooked (and amazing self-righteous at the same time).

But I just can't stand to see a person so petty be responsible for representing this country. The whole scene yesterday of going to the cathedral across the street was an embarrassment, but it is just that -- embarrassing. Some of the things he actually says are degrading and disgusting.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Policy-wise, many of us probably are better off today $$$....or at least, were until Covid. And I get the media angle, and trust me I have as much despise for them as for any politician. So crooked (and amazing self-righteous at the same time).

But I just can't stand to see a person so petty be responsible for representing this country. The whole scene yesterday of going to the cathedral across the street was an embarrassment, but it is just that -- embarrassing. Some of the things he actually says are degrading and disgusting.

Yeah, I pretty much don't watch anything he does live. Too painful.
Gopack80
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

I guess you didn't hear about David Dorn or Dave Underwood, or just chose to ignore them.
Pacfanweb
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/amp/Missouri-protests-remain-tense-in-Kansas-City-15309978.php

4 St. Louis officers shot, ex-captain killed during protests

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8378601/Two-people-killed-police-officer-shot-violence-erupts-Iowa-town-Davenport.html

In another incident an officer was shot when their police cruiser was ambushed while they were out on patrol.

Several shots hit their vehicle. Two other officers in the car returned fire.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-police-officer-shot-head/

Cop shot in head in one of two police-involved shootings at protests in Vegas

What the local sheriff says were two protest-related shootings in Las Vegas Monday night left a Las Vegas police officer on life support and resulted in the death of a suspect at another scene.

Gopack80
More
caryking
wilmwolf80 said:

I think this is the most articulate and thoughtful post I've seen on this subject.

packgrad
In St Louis, it appears the end game is anarchy supported by the local prosecutor. Tweet from Missouri AG.

statefan91
See - that is dumb. Arrest and prosecute those looting and rioting. Let those protesting peacefully proceed.
Bas2020
Love what the NC State football IG page is doing today but they kind of jumped the shark by including "Michael Brown".

That was a justifiable defense shooting backed up by multiple witness. Cleared by Obama's DOJ . The football program cant go around spreading lies. That's just not what the point of any of this is. Plenty of example to be upset about, Michael Brown aint it.
packgrad

Chair of NYC Council Health Committee.
FlossyDFlynt
packgrad said:

You know how you get people to turn against a cause that everyone should believe in? Say something immensely stupid like this
statefan91
packgrad said:

Yeah, that's just dumb and he's likely going to get ratio'd for that one

Apparently he also posted this so not the sharpest tool in the thread...

RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

Yeah, that's just dumb and he's likely going to get ratio'd for that one

Can't star this enough. What an idiotic thing to say. Then again, it seems that's the normal now for either side.
Glasswolf
Well there's going to be an increase. Doesn't matter who you blame
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

packgrad
Two of the three other officers were on the job for less than a week, and Chauvin was the training officer. Prepare for more riots when they get out of their charges.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/06/04/two-officers-charged-in-floyds-death-were-collectively-on-the-job-for-less-than-a-week-and-derek-chauvin-was-training-them-lawyer-says/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_content=3397113268&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesMainTwitter#5b5d175b2aa1
Francis
No matter what your opinions are and who or what you want to blame, the events over the last week are really worrisome as our country goes into the future. Nobody in their right minds can be OK or condone the violence, arson, looting and just lack of respect for your fellow citizens. If this is the norm going forward, our country/ republic is done. No matter if you're on the left or the right, this is not going just run it's course and go away. I agree, things need to change regarding the injustices and police brutality, but for anyone who thinks police departments around the country need to eliminated or give police less authority then we will be a lawless country. War was declared on cops 10 years ago, and you know what? for all of you cop haters be careful what you wish for! Just remember who you will call if things go bad. Problem is, there may not be many who want to do this job anymore!
packgrad

Francis
caryking said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I think this is the most articulate and thoughtful post I've seen on this subject.

Agreed. For people calling for the end the police don't prejudge the 99% that do their jobs the right way for the bad1%.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

lol....that has a 0% chance of not turning into an absolute cluster****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.