George Floyd

125,447 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Seattle is far from understandable.

In the historical context of major protests, what's hard to understand about it?
Oh, we "understand" why these people are rioting. But the fact of the matter is that they are rioting for unjustifiable and irrational reasons.

Like what?
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

In the historical context of major protests, what's hard to understand about it?
Oh, we "understand" why these people are rioting. But the fact of the matter is that they are rioting for unjustifiable and irrational reasons.

Like what?
Like....they are under this delusion that "evil racist white cops" are just everywhere "shooting down innocent black men" every day in America. This is a fantasy world, spoon fed to them by the Leftist Establishment media and other Leftist activist groups.

Unjustified homicides by police are a fairly rare occurrence. As I mentioned in a previous post, if you look at the data/statistics, around 97-98% of black American murder victims are murdered by their fellow black American citizens. Only probably 0.5% of black Americans who are murder victims were killed by a police officer. So...what's the REAL major problem here when it comes to violence against black Americans?? As a black American, you are probably 200 times more likely to be killed by a fellow black American citizen, than you are a police officer.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Pretend anarchists who claim an independent state and call our fire department when they set their trash on fire. What's acceptable about it? I'd bet a dollar you didn't find cattle farmers that took over a government building in the middle of nowhere acceptable. But this is.
GuerrillaPack
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Pretend anarchists who claim an independent state and call our fire department when they set their trash on fire. What's acceptable about it? I'd bet a dollar you didn't find cattle farmers that took over a government building in the middle of nowhere acceptable. But this is.
As I'm sure you know, these are communists we are dealing with -- eg, Antifa, etc.

All major leftist movements are rooted in Marxism. This whole situation (rioting, etc) is right out of the communist playbook on how to destabilize society and advance their planned cultural "change"/revolution. It's a slow process, but it's been advancing and accelerating rapidly in the last several decades.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

As I'm sure you know, these are communists we are dealing with -- eg, Antifa, etc.

All major leftist movements are rooted in Marxism. This whole situation (rioting, etc) is right out of the communist playbook on how to destabilize society and advance their planned cultural "change"/revolution. It's a slow process, but it's been advancing and accelerating rapidly in the last several decades.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 'planned cultural change' is exactly what protesters are trying to advance so you and the protesters are on the same page there.

Most significant change 'destabilizes society' but in a way that sometimes has long-term benefit.

How are the protests and riots today different from the Civil Rights movement-era protests of the late 50's and 1960's?

Were those communist/Marxist/leftist attempts to destabilize society?
1MANWOLFPAK
Or, protest police brutality in liberal cities, because Donald Trump
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 'planned cultural change' is exactly what protesters are trying to advance so you and the protesters are on the same page there.

Most significant change 'destabilizes society' but in a way that sometimes has long-term benefit.

How are the protests and riots today different from the Civil Rights movement-era protests of the late 50's and 1960's?

Were those communist/Marxist/leftist attempts to destabilize society?

Yes, it was absolutely a Marxist/communist led movement. Of course it's been largely suppressed by the Establishment press/media, but the evidence is there -- if you start digging. The FBI investigated MLK Jr. and compiled evidence of his communist connections. Leftist sources dismiss this evidence, implying that the FBI was "too eager to find any dirt on MLK" and maybe "exaggerated" these connections.

Here is a recent NPR interview where they admit that communists were "prominent" in the civil rights movement of the 1950s/60s:
caryking
packgrad said:

Being that we have a newly created CHAZ in Seattle; are they now going to pay the properties taxes of the block(s) they've acquired?
statefan91
A couple updates from the protests:

Las Vegas police officer paralyzed - https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/prosecutor-suspect-in-las-vegas-cops-shooting-admitted-firing-gun-2044974/; https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-officer-shot-las-vegas-protest-paralyzed-71246536
Quote:

Prosecutors laid out more details surrounding the shooting of Las Vegas police officer Shay Mikalonis, telling a judge on Thursday that the suspect admitted firing his gun outside Circus Circus.

About three hours after Mikalonis was critically wounded, police found 20-year-old Edgar Samaniego at a nearby Travelodge early Tuesday.

He "admitted to police that he had fired a shot but claimed that he was just trying to scare the protesters into leaving and did not even know police were there," Chief Deputy District Attorney Thomas Moskal said during a hearing for Samaniego on unrelated DUI and drug charges.

Authorities have said Samaniego fired the shot from 50 feet away as Mikalonis was handcuffing an individual. The officer immediately collapsed, with a bullet lodged in the right side of his face, according to Samaniego's arrest report.

Buffalo Protester Has Fractured Skull and Cannot Walk - https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/martin-gugino-protester-skull/
Quote:

(CNN)Martin Gugino, the 75-year-old protester who was pushed by two Buffalo, New York, police officers earlier this month, has a fractured skull and is not able to walk, his lawyer said in a statement provided to CNN on Monday.
packgrad
Nm
statefan91

mrcpack17
Ok. So is this the first time she's had to wait for food? Or deal with crappy service? This is what is "disgusting" in America? I really don't get it anymore I guess.
RunsWithWolves26
Can't blame her for not wanting the food age can't see being prepared. Friend if mine who is with the NCSHP, ordered food the other day and literally saw a worker spit on it when making it. My friend is black but since he is a cop, it doesn't matter. Having many friends who are in law enforcement, I can't imagine being them right now. Working 12 hour shifts and then staying up all night to protect your family simply because you have a law enforcement car in your driveway.
statefan91
She seems a bit paranoid that because she had to wait for her food = they're messing with her food.

I wouldn't want to see her responding to a distressing call in her current mental state.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

She seems a bit paranoid that because she had to wait for her food = they're messing with her food.

I wouldn't want to see her responding to a distressing call in her current mental state.

Not to get into a back and forth but I would be paranoid if I was her as well. Some of the stuff my friends have gone through just for being law enforcement damn near makes me paranoid. I mean, literally, some of my friends in law enforcement have recieved anonymous letters, notes, ect. saying if you eat here or there, you will pay for it. Your family is at the top of our list, etc, etc. Death threats multiple times. I get her being paranoid.
statefan91
Fair enough. I would assume if she is this paranoid she would just start making her food / waiting until she gets home. Either way, seems a bit paranoid / emotional for having to wait for her food. Glad this was at the end of her shift and she was done for the day.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

Fair enough. I would assume if she is this paranoid she would just start making her food / waiting until she gets home. Either way, seems a bit paranoid / emotional for having to wait for her food. Glad this was at the end of her shift and she was done for the day.

Youre totally ignoring what these men and women are going through. You chalk it up to being "to paranoid or emotional" when it's much deeper then that. Regardless, you have your opinion, I have mine, we agree to disagree and move on.
statefan91
Yep, completely agree with that sentiment that they're going through a lot. I would argue though that perhaps the anxiety she's experiencing is something that many black people suffer from everyday in interactions with the police.
GuerrillaPack
104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father's Day weekend in Chicago
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/104-shot-14-fatally-over-fathers-day-weekend-in-chicago

Ho hum. No "protests" (ie, rioting) over this. Because it doesn't fit the narrative of the Leftist Establishment media, BLM, Antifa, and their many Leftist allies in universities/companies/etc -- ie, to foment racial tension and a Leftist cultural revolution for the overthrow of the "racist white power structure".

ncsualum05
GuerrillaPack said:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/104-shot-14-fatally-over-fathers-day-weekend-in-chicago

Ho hum. No "protests" (ie, rioting) over this. Because it doesn't fit the narrative of the Leftist Establishment media, BLM, Antifa, and their many Leftist allies in universities/companies/etc -- ie, to foment racial tension and a Leftist cultural revolution for the overthrow of the "racist white power structure".

BLM is about a lot of things but black lives is not one of them.
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Sorry, I think I missed in the article where it said how many of those shot / were shooting were black.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Sorry, I think I missed in the article where it said how many of those shot / were shooting were black.
Well, the Leftists in your beloved Establishment Lamestream media must have considered that that information was "not important".

But I'm sure if any of those cases was a white person who killed a black person, the Leftist Lamestream media would have blasted it 24/7 from the rooftops by now.
statefan91
Cool - so you actually have no idea?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Cool - so you actually have no idea?

The money on the 13 year old girl named Amaria is on black.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I know one was a 6th grade black girl and one was a 3 year old black boy who are both shot to death. If I can find any other information on it today, I will post it here. I know it's not a complete total but I would think a 6th grader and a 3 year old would be cause for protest but maybe I'm just not thinking the way the true, BLM people do
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I know one was a 6th grade black girl and one was a 3 year old black boy who are both shot to death. If I can find any other information on it today, I will post it here. I know it's not a complete total but I would think a 6th grader and a 3 year old would be cause for protest but maybe I'm just not thinking the way the true, BLM people do
Again, violence committed by random criminals vs. violence committed by the state (police officers) who are supposed to serve constitutions and keep communities safe.

The first is a complex interaction of education, economic opportunity, violent culture, and other social factors. Social workers and community leaders have been working on this for decades, but no one in the world has an exact formula to stamp out crime.

The second is a result of agents of the state. The state is ultimately subject to the will of its people and protesting is an effective means to ask leaders to make changes. Marching through the street probably won't make the random dealer decide to go back to school, but it can make a local or state government make reforms (chokehold bans, records transparency, disciplinary proceedings that aren't constantly overturned by the union).
packgrad
Then why is Trayvon Martin included in the BLM list of names you must say?
statefan91
packgrad said:

Have you contacted the BLM organization to ask?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

Have you contacted the BLM organization to ask?

Why don't you give me their number? You're a supporter. Kind of shocked a supporter wouldn't know though.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

IDK, ask them. I'm a libertarian not a BLM activist
statefan91
I don't have their phone number but here is contact info in case you would like to ask them about Trayvon Martin:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/contact/
packgrad
That's ok. We know the answer. BLM sometimes.
GuerrillaPack
Also, here's a PSA to people concerned about Trayvon Martin's death.

George Zimmerman is not even white. He's hispanic. But probably 95% of people protesting against Trayvon Martin's death still think that "the white man" is responsible for his death.

So what does that say about these people's ability to recognize facts/reality, and make sound judgments? --- when they can't even see that George Zimmerman is clearly not white?
RunsWithWolves26
IseWolf22 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Again, violence committed by random criminals vs. violence committed by the state (police officers) who are supposed to serve constitutions and keep communities safe.

The first is a complex interaction of education, economic opportunity, violent culture, and other social factors. Social workers and community leaders have been working on this for decades, but no one in the world has an exact formula to stamp out crime.

The second is a result of agents of the state. The state is ultimately subject to the will of its people and protesting is an effective means to ask leaders to make changes. Marching through the street probably won't make the random dealer decide to go back to school, but it can make a local or state government make reforms (chokehold bans, records transparency, disciplinary proceedings that aren't constantly overturned by the union).

So some lives matter and others don't. Makes sense actually considering how bent out if shape BLM people get when you say all lives matter. It's obviously true that all lives don't matter. Just the ones that are seen as mattering.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.