George Floyd

125,430 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Just to clarify....Cannon Hinnant wasn't a hate crime. Neither was the death of the white girl who was killed by 4 african american girls in Raleigh a week or two ago.

What's your definition of a hate crime?
Killing someone based on their skin color, religion, political party or sex.

I don't know what was in the heart of someone when they decide to take a life....neither do you. All i can see is the glaring double standard.

• The cop who shot Michael Brown was deemed a racist....even through he was just trying to save his own life.
  • Jacob Blake had the cops called on him because he was trying to rape someone at his ex-girlfriend's house, then didn't listen to the cops, fought with him, and then went to his car and was reaching in for something when he was shot.
  • There is no proof that what happened with George Floyd was due to race
  • There is no proof that what heppened with Breonna Taylor is due to race

We have been told that all of these are hate crimes....but there is no proof of it. Am I just suppose to accept it for what i am told with no other critical thinking?

If i bring up Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, Laura Anderson and Charles Wall there isn't a peep of it being a hate crime even through all of them were randomly killed by someone who was black. I don't know if it was race driven or not...but i do know how each has been treated.

The narrative is that if a white person is killed by a black person then there is no way that it is race driven, but if a black person is killed by a white person then it must be a race crime.

Take the blinders off man

I agree the media treats blacks killing whites and whites killing blacks differently. 100%.

But not completely without reason.

Given our country's history of enslaving and killing blacks, and denying them equal justice, black Americans are rightly indignant about being killed by white people too often in this country, many times without justice being served.

These recent killings of blacks by cops have been deemed to be products of a justice system that's infused with institutional racial bias much more than they've been construed as hate crimes. Just because an action is enabled by institutional bias doesn't make it a hate crime.

The cops that pull over and search black Americans 2x - 4x more often than white Americans aren't doing it because they're all racist; those cops and their behaviors are also products of a biased system. They treat black Americans differently than whites. That's what black Americans are so tired of.

Again, think of the irony here.

You're tired of white Americans too often being portrayed as racists in the liberal media. This perception doesn't actually affect your day to day life one iota. Not one bit.

Black Americans are tired of their lives actually being impacted in meaningful ways by institutional bias and racism. These biases affect their life almost every single day, in meaningful ways.

Which issue is of greater importance? Which is the greater problem to solve?

So "Institutional Racism" will be the answer from now to til the end of history for every problem in the black community? It will excuse rape, murder, robbery etc?

Here's a Little History Lesson:

President : Black
Attorney General USA: Black
Mayor: Black
City Council: Majority Black
Police Dept Head: Black
Asst PD: Black
State Attorney: Black
4 of 6 cops: Black
Judge who ruled not guilty: Black

Freddie Gray. Baltimore Maryland. 2015.

And yet..... democrats and other screamed "Racism"!!! Systemic racism!!!! while they burned and looted their own neighborhoods and other areas across the country.

Seriously.
James Henderson
Staff
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Lol at literally every one of your examples. I especially loved China Virus and Kung Flu being xenophobic. Jesus, man. You are Super Woke!

Xenophobic, racist, winks at white nationalists, doglwhistles.

You have been programmed.

Why are hate crimes up under Trump?

Or is that fake news?

Or, more likely, racism and hate crime don't actually exist, they're just figments of the left's 'programmed' imagination?
Could the media's portrayal of Trump play a role in that?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Lol at literally every one of your examples. I especially loved China Virus and Kung Flu being xenophobic. Jesus, man. You are Super Woke!

Or is that fake news?

Or, more likely, racism and hate crime don't actually exist, they're just figments of the left's 'programmed' imagination?

They're not up under Trump. Your propaganda sites say they are, so understandably you think they are. Just like your trademarked "Muslim Ban". Fake news.
packgrad
Civilized is an excellent example of the lunacy of the left and their "Cry Wolf" existence. Trump calls Maxine Waters, Don Lemon, and Lebron stupid, and because he's white and they're black, he's racist. Just sheer ridiculousness.
Civilized
James Henderson said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Or is that fake news?

Could the media's portrayal of Trump play a role in that?

Yes. It's a negative spiral.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized is an excellent example of the lunacy of the left and their "Cry Wolf" existence. Trump calls Maxine Waters, Don Lemon, and Lebron stupid, and because he's white and they're black, he's racist. Just sheer ridiculousness.

He's the most powerful leader in the world.

At a minimum I expect him to attempt productive dialogue with Americans that disagree with his leadership and not publicly perpetuate racist canards but he proved a long time ago he couldn't exceed that very low standard.
Pacfanweb
Civ: the total numbers, or a little higher. But what they don't tell you is, the numbers of agencies reporting around the country are also higher. What they also don't tell you is, and I pulled out 2014 and 2018 to compare... Even though there were more total incidents reported in 2018, the percentage against African-Americans was quite a bit lower.
63.5% against blacks in 2014.
46.9% in 2018.

So much for that.

Trump has been actually pretty good for blacks. Money for their colleges, lowest unemployment in their history, and less hate crime directed at them then 6 years ago.

That's FBI numbers, btw
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

If you say xenophobic over and over, it eventually comes true. Truth be damned.

America First is framed as xenophobic by radical liberals. Just mind blowing.

That was my thought too. Liberals now label love of country and patriotism as *xenophobia".

They've been fed America-hate dogma for so long, the sound of love of country, even from the POTUS, sounds like fingernails against a chalkboard to them.

Republicans now label xenophobic and anti-immigration sentiments as "love of country" and "patriotism."

Fair to say? See how that works?

<bold>Not really - since it doesn't comport with reality.</bold>

Xenophobia:

Mexican immigrants being inordinately criminals and rapists.

He didn't say "inordinately", but a large portion of illegal immigrants are criminals. In fact, by definition of they snuck into our country illegally, that's what they are.

Xenophobia:

Muslim ban that got thrown out by high courts for religious discrimination.

1st, using corrupt 0bama appointed judges as your evidence of - well, anything - is a poor choice and a waste of everyone's time.
2nd, the Supreme Court did uphold Trump's travel ban.

Xenophobia:

"China virus" and "Kung Flu."

That's what it is. That you aren't ticked off that China unleashed this on the world is a testimony to how much you've given your mind over to propaganda.

Racist tropes:

Calling Maxine Waters, Don Lemon, Lebron, etc. stupid or low-IQ.

Do you think that these are intelligent people? Are all of these people allowed to relentlessly lob attacks at the President, with no suspicion of racism - but when he responds to them, he is automatically a racist?

Winking at white nationalists:

"Very fine people" on both the protester and neo-Nazi counter-protester sides in Charlottesville.

This has been debunked relentlessly, and a long time ago .

Trump knows that his specific type of crassness and implementation of his xenophobic version of "America First" was what got him elected, and he's very willing to play that up for his own political benefit.

I actually don't think he's smart enough to have any sort of grand plan. He's not a savvy, cunning strategist along the lines of Steve Bannon. He's just an inflammatory opportunist and he knows the dogs come out to support him when he pulls out his "America First" dog whistles.

No, Dems convinced people like yourself that the best we can do is manage America's decline.

Trump has more than proven that such a decline is far from inevitable - and the world is a far better place with a strong American leadership.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

At a minimum I expect him to attempt productive dialogue with Americans that disagree with his leadership and not publicly perpetuate racist canards but he proved a long time ago he couldn't exceed that very low standard.

That's irrelevant. It's not racist. It's not perpetuating racist canards. It's your bull**** cry wolf of racism, and your cry just makes rational people roll their eyes when there are legitimate cries of racism. People like you do more to damage race relations than Trump does, because to people like you, EVERYTHING is racial.
griff17matt
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

If Trump called Anderson Cooper stupid, would that be racist?
TopsailWolf
No, he'd be a homophobe. And still probably racist. And a bigot. Like all white men. lol
Civilized
packgrad said:

That's irrelevant. It's not racist. It's not perpetuating racist canards. It's your bull**** cry wolf of racism, and your cry just makes rational people roll their eyes when there are legitimate cries of racism. People like you do more to damage race relations than Trump does, because to people like you, EVERYTHING is racial.

You have yet to acknowledge that 'legitimate racism' exists other than in theory. Black people's social justice problems in this country are a product of the MSM, #NeverTrumpers, or of black people themselves. BLM is doing it wrong, and racist themselves. Rioters are animals. Protesters are COVID-spreading snowflake sheep.

Take the highly partisan American political scene out of it. Remove that trigger and focus internationally.

Do you believe racism, classism, sexism, or institutional bias exists anywhere? I'm not just talking America.

I mean around the world.

Do ethnic minorities and women face routine systemic or explicit discrimination or racism in other countries? India's caste system? Sunni-Shia relations? Female genital mutilation in Africa? Jews in Africa? Africans in China? Aboriginal Australians?

Obviously, right? The impacts of the discrimination against women and minorities is quantifiable and observable in health care, education, criminal justice, and labor markets around the world.

Now come back to America. Why would America be any different? As the biggest cultural melting pot on the planet, why wouldn't we have our own racial baggage to try to address between whites and ethnic minorities?

Why shouldn't our racial dynamics in this country be extremely challenging like they are everywhere else in the world especially considering our fraught history of widespread slavery?

Our challenges with race in this country are not imagined, they're real.
acslater1344
Can't stand the guy but I personally view Trump as more of an equal opportunity @sshole. I don't think he gives 2 ****s about anybody other than himself, those closest to him and those that can benefit him in some way. And he couldn't care less about the last group individually. He'd be just as disgusted to shake packgrad or topsailwolf's hand as he would mine or Jacob Blake's. And I'm sure he'd much rather associate with super wealthy black people than working class white people. He'd rather be dead than stuck in a room with middle class folks, all politics aside. Just who he is.
Civilized
acslater1344 said:

Can't stand the guy but I personally view Trump as more of an equal opportunity @sshole. I don't think he gives 2 ****s about anybody other than himself, those closest to him and those that can benefit him in some way. And he couldn't care less about the last group individually. He'd be just as disgusted to shake packgrad or topsailwolf's hand as he would mine or Jacob Blake's. And I'm sure he'd much rather associate with super wealthy black people than working class white people. He'd rather be dead than stuck in a room with middle class folks, all politics aside. Just who he is.

I agree with this.

He may hate most of us if he were in the room with us, but he's got a responsibility to all of us anyway.
SupplyChainPack

For a man who hates Americans so much, he's sure done a lot for us.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2020/08/31/the-morning-briefing-sorry-dems-trumps-america-is-a-glorious-place-n864354

Civilized
griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

No, anti-elitist.
DrummerboyWolf
James Henderson said:

In all seriousness, can this topic not be discussed without being political?

It's proven that police brutality extends back pre-Trump, during Obama, pre-Obama, etc...

Why does it have to be political?
James, here is a video from Jason Whitlock and he calls Lebron a racist. Whitlock is usually pretty good, a couple of times he has ticked me off with some of his comments, but he usually tries to be fair about things. I think he basically may lean a little more to the conservative side, but I don't know that. Just another view point.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Productive dialogue like:

I think that I'm a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I'll tell you right now that I'm gonna think I'm a better political director than my political director.

Those sound like a person that thinks he is the smartest person in the room, doesn't it?
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Just to clarify....Cannon Hinnant wasn't a hate crime. Neither was the death of the white girl who was killed by 4 african american girls in Raleigh a week or two ago.

I don't know what was in the heart of someone when they decide to take a life....neither do you. All i can see is the glaring double standard.

• The cop who shot Michael Brown was deemed a racist....even through he was just trying to save his own life.
  • Jacob Blake had the cops called on him because he was trying to rape someone at his ex-girlfriend's house, then didn't listen to the cops, fought with him, and then went to his car and was reaching in for something when he was shot.

We have been told that all of these are hate crimes....but there is no proof of it. Am I just suppose to accept it for what i am told with no other critical thinking?

If i bring up Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, Laura Anderson and Charles Wall there isn't a peep of it being a hate crime even through all of them were randomly killed by someone who was black. I don't know if it was race driven or not...but i do know how each has been treated.

The narrative is that if a white person is killed by a black person then there is no way that it is race driven, but if a black person is killed by a white person then it must be a race crime.

I agree the media treats blacks killing whites and whites killing blacks differently. 100%.

Given our country's history of enslaving and killing blacks, and denying them equal justice, black Americans are rightly indignant about being killed by white people too often in this country, many times without justice being served.

These recent killings of blacks by cops have been deemed to be products of a justice system that's infused with institutional racial bias much more than they've been construed as hate crimes. Just because an action is enabled by institutional bias doesn't make it a hate crime.

The cops that pull over and search black Americans 2x - 4x more often than white Americans aren't doing it because they're all racist; those cops and their behaviors are also products of a biased system. They treat black Americans differently than whites. That's what black Americans are so tired of.

You're tired of white Americans too often being portrayed as racists in the liberal media. This perception doesn't actually affect your day to day life one iota. Not one bit.

Black Americans are tired of their lives actually being impacted in meaningful ways by institutional bias and racism. These biases affect their life almost every single day, in meaningful ways.

Black people are approximately 13% of the population here in the us but they commit 52% of all violent crimes....of course they are going to have more interaction with the people who enforce the law. The cops aren't going to be interacting as much with people who aren't as likely to commit a crime. Why would they?

That's why that particular population is treated differently.

A justice system that is infused with racism? there are approximately 663000 police who interact with the public almost 3 million times on a daily basis....and there is systematic racism because of a few cops? Thats a joke man.

Are there a few cops who go to far...Absolutely. Are there cops that shouldn't be cops...absolutely. It astounds me that you are willing to paint an entire group of people as racist because of a few isolated incidents. Whats worse is that you aren't willing to think critically about it at all. You have said in a previous comment that Trump is xenophobic because of the way that he referred to a a portion of illegal immigrants....aren't you just doing the exact same thing by painting the police force in the US the same way over the actions of a few?

Its not a black and white thing....but people just don't seem to care when it happens to someone that isn't black

Tony Timpa died the exact same way as George Floyd did.....but no one cares...
Duncan Lemp died the exact same way as Breonna Taylor did....but no cares...

The media didn't care....The politicians didn't care....We didn't have riots....You weren't talking about systematic racism. The difference between Timpa/Lemp and Floyd/Taylor....the first two were white while the second two are black. Since you have decided to give racism such a broad brush....that seems awfully racist to me

Packchem91
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Talked to lady I manage today who is black, and I asked her how she is coping with all that is going on.

She is married (her husband works at our same company) and they live in Matthews / Mint Hill (Charlotte) area in a nice neighborhood. Her oldest son just graduated Butler HS, her youngest is in 5th grade.

Live in a mostly white neighborhood. When they go walking, usually as a family, she has absolutely seen neighbors pull their kids back to garage, etc. Her oldest son is a big kid...and in particularly that happens when he is around.
Her husband and a friend were driving just outside (hwy 51) neighborhood and was stopped. Cops came to the car, one on each side, with guns drawn for no other reason as they were just sitting there. One of them saw a bible in the backseat, and then things got calmer. They "looked like some suspects they were after".
Had a policeman come to their house at 1130 one night to ask them to move a car parked in front of house on street (family member visiting)....though no other neighbors have ever been asked to do that.

Her older son has a job nearby while waiting college to start...they had let him walk the 15 minute trip home, but now with all that is going on, are scared a black kid walking down the street might walk into trouble -- either with citizens or police.
Her youngest son was once in a store with her, and was playing with some toys, and asked her "am I going to get shot if they think I stole one of these".

She was very appreciative I asked her. Felt like she could have talked for hours. She is a strong Christian, and is trying to be very open-minded, but is hurting. Hurts for her two boys to have to hear the things they hear, and be afraid of what could happen.

So....yes, racism / profiling and the embedded fear that brings about is very alive and well in 2020. I know this doesn't address all the issues others here have voiced about BLM, media, Trump, anti-Trump, etc.....but thought it would be a good real-life example of how pervasive this is in the minds of your average law-abiding black family.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

You have yet to acknowledge that 'legitimate racism' exists other than in theory. Black people's social justice problems in this country are a product of the MSM, #NeverTrumpers, or of black people themselves. BLM is doing it wrong, and racist themselves. Rioters are animals. Protesters are COVID-spreading snowflake sheep.

Take the highly partisan American political scene out of it. Remove that trigger and focus internationally.

Do you believe racism, classism, sexism, or institutional bias exists anywhere? I'm not just talking America.

I mean around the world.

Do ethnic minorities and women face routine systemic or explicit discrimination or racism in other countries? India's caste system? Sunni-Shia relations? Female genital mutilation in Africa? Jews in Africa? Africans in China? Aboriginal Australians?

Obviously, right? The impacts of the discrimination against women and minorities is quantifiable and observable in health care, education, criminal justice, and labor markets around the world.

Now come back to America. Why would America be any different? As the biggest cultural melting pot on the planet, why wouldn't we have our own racial baggage to try to address between whites and ethnic minorities?

Why shouldn't our racial dynamics in this country be extremely challenging like they are everywhere else in the world especially considering our fraught history of widespread slavery?

To sum up this long post, are you saying it's ok to lie that Trump said something racist, when he clearly didn't, because he's a white president and racism exists in this world?
caryking
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Talked to lady I manage today who is black, and I asked her how she is coping with all that is going on.

She is married (her husband works at our same company) and they live in Matthews / Mint Hill (Charlotte) area in a nice neighborhood. Her oldest son just graduated Butler HS, her youngest is in 5th grade.

Live in a mostly white neighborhood. When they go walking, usually as a family, she has absolutely seen neighbors pull their kids back to garage, etc. Her oldest son is a big kid...and in particularly that happens when he is around.
Her husband and a friend were driving just outside (hwy 51) neighborhood and was stopped. Cops came to the car, one on each side, with guns drawn for no other reason as they were just sitting there. One of them saw a bible in the backseat, and then things got calmer. They "looked like some suspects they were after".
Had a policeman come to their house at 1130 one night to ask them to move a car parked in front of house on street (family member visiting)....though no other neighbors have ever been asked to do that.

Her older son has a job nearby while waiting college to start...they had let him walk the 15 minute trip home, but now with all that is going on, are scared a black kid walking down the street might walk into trouble -- either with citizens or police.
Her youngest son was once in a store with her, and was playing with some toys, and asked her "am I going to get shot if they think I stole one of these".

She was very appreciative I asked her. Felt like she could have talked for hours. She is a strong Christian, and is trying to be very open-minded, but is hurting. Hurts for her two boys to have to hear the things they hear, and be afraid of what could happen.

So....yes, racism / profiling and the embedded fear that brings about is very alive and well in 2020. I know this doesn't address all the issues others here have voiced about BLM, media, Trump, anti-Trump, etc.....but thought it would be a good real-life example of how pervasive this is in the minds of your average law-abiding black family.

None of what you said, above, is acceptable. I am confident black people feel different and are engaged by others like you said. In other words, none of us have a reason not to believe what you've said. Now, with that being said, when any of us are in a situation that doesn't feel right, we need to turn the cheek and just accept it in the moment.

Your co-worker doesn't have to like the way she feels; however, she should probably look around and realize the statistics quoted above and call on other black people to change there behavior. Unfortunately, the behavior of blacks help cause the treatment she receives.

It's the same in reverse: based on how some white people treat black people, the white people get a different look if they go into a black community and it's not very comfortable. Try going into some areas in downtown Raleigh. If your white, you better be careful...

When it comes to crime, the statistics don't lie. In summary, I believe that unfortunate so-called racial aspects of our society have really been perpetuated from statistics that create stereotypes. No, I'm not saying we don't have racist, I just don't believe anything is systemic, unless you throw in affirmative action/quota laws, then I think we do have systemic racism.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I mean around the world.

To sum up this long post, are you saying it's ok to lie that Trump said something racist, when he clearly didn't, because he's a white president and racism exists in this world?

No, to sum up this long post, racism in America is a strictly theoretical exercise for you. You won't think anything Trump, or anyone else, does is racist unless you see the swastika tattoo on their forehead under their Klan hood.

Like Packchem related about his staffer, real racism is out there, but according to you anytime someone brings it up they're wrong, saying it wrong, doing it wrong, "making everything about race," or "using anecdotes to make policy."

Easy to avoid the issue when you have an infinite list of reasons why the topic or the messenger isn't worthy.

My post gave a litany of examples of ways minorities and women around the world face structural racism that's life-shaping for them.

But somehow, we don't have structural racism or discrimination here in the US. In the most multi-cultural country in the world that was founded on the backs of African slaves.

Or if we do have it, we're just not allowed to talk about it.
Pacfanweb
Packchem91 said:

I sincerely feel for good folks like that lady. It's a shame that they have to bear the burden because such a high percentage of their fellow blacks commit crimes. I also know black people who have been pulled or talked to by the police, most likely because they were black, or matched the description of a suspect.

HOWEVER: I can't help but notice that on the flip side of that, all whites are also being included with the actions of a VERY, VERY few. WAY fewer, percentage-wise, than there are blacks that commit crimes and thereby cause trouble for other law-abiding blacks.

One other thing I'd like addressed by the left-leaning folks: Like your employee, the overwhelming majority (read: Damn near all) of black (or any other race) folks who have encounters with the police, have these encounters end safely and with nobody hurt or anything else but mildly inconvenienced for being stopped.

What do all these encounters have in common? Black vs white people? Nope. They did what the cops told them to. You do that, you go home afterwards, safely.

Can anyone list all these famous shootings/police brutality/arrest cases that got attention, and tell us just how many of these incidents (which are still very few) happened to folks who A) Weren't doing anything wrong in the first place, and B) Obeyed the police. ???

How many?
IseWolf22
James Henderson said:

It's proven that police brutality extends back pre-Trump, during Obama, pre-Obama, etc...

It shouldn't be political, but only a small amount of this country can discuss an issue anymore without picking a side and digging in.

Both sides have contributed to toxicity. Democrats have spent years playing the race card for minor and imagined offenses. As a result conservatives reflexively discount any accusations of racism and immediately assume issues are brought up in bad faith. It makes a productive dialog impossible.
cowboypack02
IseWolf22 said:

James Henderson said:

It shouldn't be political, but only a small amount of this country can discuss an issue anymore without picking a side and digging in.

Both sides have contributed to toxicity. Democrats have spent years playing the race card for minor and imagined offenses. As a result conservatives reflexively discount any accusations of racism and immediately assume issues are brought up in bad faith. It makes a productive dialog impossible.
end of thread....
griff17matt
Civilized said:

griff17matt said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

No, anti-elitist.

A joke to a serious question, sure. I would assume by your deflection that it wouldn't be considered racist to say caucasians or Asians are stupid, though the meaning of the word hasn't changed from person to person. But it would somehow be racist if it was said to a black or Hispanic person.

The assumption then would be that you are implying a racist motive or that the "like all black people" absent from the end of the sentence is understood, which you have no proof save your own implicit racial biases. Maybe ask yourself why you immediately go to a person's race when someone says something negative towards them. Why would you equate Don Lemon is stupid to Don Lemon is stupid because all black people are stupid? Do YOU think everyone thinks all black people are stupid?

See, this is the thing that irks me about liberals in general. Most, not all, but most of them tend to think that they know exactly what is best for everyone, what everyone's intentions are, and how everyone should be forced to interact with one another. It's just a recipe for confrontation.

Why should you give a **** if someone is a racist or homophobe or whatever a ****** hater would be. That shouldn't matter to you at all. If they want to limit themselves like that, they should be able to. And that would include losing their job if those views interfered with their ability to perform their job function. A racist cop shouldn't be allowed to keep his job on the force. They have to be able to protect and serve regardless of their biases towards groups of people.

Trump is a freaking idiot. Biden doesn't remember what he had for breakfast. All the democrats had to do was give us someone halfway competent and they gave us a dementia patient and the worst POC prosecutor in recent memory.
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I mean around the world.

No, to sum up this long post, racism in America is a strictly theoretical exercise for you. You won't think anything Trump, or anyone else, does is racist unless you see the swastika tattoo on their forehead under their Klan hood.

Like Packchem related about his staffer, real racism is out there, but according to you anytime someone brings it up they're wrong, saying it wrong, doing it wrong, "making everything about race," or "using anecdotes to make policy."

Easy to avoid the issue when you have an infinite list of reasons why the topic or the messenger isn't worthy.

My post gave a litany of examples of ways minorities and women around the world face structural racism that's life-shaping for them.

But somehow, we don't have structural racism or discrimination here in the US. In the most multi-cultural country in the world that was founded on the backs of African slaves.

Or if we do have it, we're just not allowed to talk about it.
Consider, you may be seeing everything Trump does and/or says is racist. It's your world view.

Remember, under the constitution, no law can be or should be passed that is specific to any group (general in nature). I am extremely happy that laws are supposed to be done this way. Really speaking, I'm not sure how any congress can pass and a president can sign into law anything that helps blacks specifically.

So, we need to look for general economic policies that provide for anyone, blacks included, to take advantage of and do better for themselves. Then, blacks need to take control of there racial group and make black people great again.

Oh, and by the way, what are affirmative action laws. Systemic racism? Are blacks going to be ok with a Miss White USA pageant?
WPNfamily
griff17matt said:

Trump is a freaking idiot. Biden doesn't remember what he had for breakfast. All the democrats had to do was give us someone halfway competent and they gave us a dementia patient and the worst POC prosecutor in recent memory.

You are spot on. Dems should be furious they brought a vegetable to a Presidential election. They have no one to blame but their own party. No chance Trump loses this election.
IseWolf22
I apparently missed a ton the several days I haven't been looking at this thread. There is way too much to even attempt to respond to.

"What good things has Trump actually done?" should probably be it's own thread so this one doesn't go even further afield. He HAS done some good things. He's also done a lot of bad things. But specifically to those who thing we are "winning" the trade war. How? Almost every economist thinks protectionism is bad and the trade war has been a drag on an otherwise well functioning economy. It's increased the price of imports, both for consumers and for manufacturers who all rely on global supply chains.
https://reason.com/2019/12/27/trumps-trade-war-has-hurt-american-manufacturers-more-than-it-helped-them/
SupplyChainPack
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Black people are approximately 13% of the population here in the us but they commit 52% of all violent crimes....of course they are going to have more interaction with the people who enforce the law. The cops aren't going to be interacting as much with people who aren't as likely to commit a crime. Why would they?

A justice system that is infused with racism? there are approximately 663000 police who interact with the public almost 3 million times on a daily basis....and there is systematic racism because of a few cops? Thats a joke man.

Are there a few cops who go to far...Absolutely. Are there cops that shouldn't be cops...absolutely. It astounds me that you are willing to paint an entire group of people as racist because of a few isolated incidents. Whats worse is that you aren't willing to think critically about it at all. You have said in a previous comment that Trump is xenophobic because of the way that he referred to a a portion of illegal immigrants....aren't you just doing the exact same thing by painting the police force in the US the same way over the actions of a few?

Its not a black and white thing....but people just don't seem to care when it happens to someone that isn't black

The media didn't care....The politicians didn't care....We didn't have riots....You weren't talking about systematic racism. The difference between Timpa/Lemp and Floyd/Taylor....the first two were white while the second two are black. Since you have decided to give racism such a broad brush....that seems awfully racist to me

Great points all the way through. But this is one of the most important:

"Black people are approximately 13% of the population here in the us but they commit 52% of all violent crimes....of course they are going to have more interaction with the people who enforce the law. "

That's a critical stat that goes well beyond the isolated incidents leftists are burning down cities over.

Why is this not the thing that is causing all of the outrage?
SupplyChainPack
IseWolf22 said:

I apparently missed a ton the several days I haven't been looking at this thread. There is way too much to even attempt to respond to.

"What good things has Trump actually done?" should probably be it's own thread so this one doesn't go even further afield. He HAS done some good things. He's also done a lot of bad things. But specifically to those who thing we are "winning" the trade war. How? Almost every economist thinks protectionism is bad and the trade war has been a drag on an otherwise well functioning economy. It's increased the price of imports, both for consumers and for manufacturers who all rely on global supply chains.
https://reason.com/2019/12/27/trumps-trade-war-has-hurt-american-manufacturers-more-than-it-helped-them/

Did it cross your radar at all that China just unleashed a horrible virus on the world, and then we (and the world) had to rely heavily on this very same country for much of our PPE to deal with that very same virus?

What do your economists have to say about that?
Bas2020
There are a lot of people "hurting" right now . Violent crime is thru the roof especially in urban areas and even in rural America given murders of Hinnant, Baker and the family from S.C. I'm sure they are hurting big time . It would be nice to see pro sports teams or even our local college programs start a joint effort in combating all crime (including police interaction ) if they are gonna go down that road. When you name your movement (BLM) after a Marxist organization it is no wonder people are going to complain and rightfully so . Has anybody bothered to read the BLM website ? It's terrible . I wish they would rename their movement so normal people can differentiate . If people were honest on both sides - where the left finally admits black on black crime is a major issue - and the right that police training and protocols is a issue then you'll have something . Until then your just separated people into sides. And when you ignore David Dorn and yet slap Jacob Blake on your helmet as a sports team you look like fools and rightfully so and deserved to be mocked . If sports continues down this path they will be broke very very soon - on all levels ., or a shadow of themselves at the very least .
Pacfanweb
^Honestly...regarding your comments on sports: Good.

Sports have become way too big and way too important, for something that is entertainment and not remotely necessary.

I'm fine if they have to contract drastically. Pro AND college.
lumberpack5
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Blacks make up 13% of the population, but they are 23% of the poor the way the Census defines it and there are 44.2 million poor people in the US, give or take.
White make up 73% of the population but only 54% of the poor.
Hispanics make up 13.5% of the population and almost 18% of the poor.
Asians make up only 5.4% of the population and make up only 4% of the poor.

Raw population numbers don't mean a great deal. But when you look at the details you find that black people at about three times as likely to be poor as compared to white people.

That is the core behind crime statistics - poverty. Crime exists in areas with not black folk. Check of the crimes in Montana, Idaho, etc., - they will be committed by whites and native Americans, but in most cases both will be poor.
I like the athletic type

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.