George Floyd

125,438 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

I just don't understand why BLM aren't winning over more people.

Well, at least they are wearing their masks (most of them)... but let's be honest as we already know, it's not for social distancing...
cowboypack02
GoPack2008 said:

Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

James Henderson said:

GoPack2008 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

IseWolf22 said:

I just don't get why any of these reforms are so controversial, or why Republicans are the primary opposition. Cops are agents of the state. If you're concerned with government power and overreach, you should be concerned about Police reforms. They are the enforcement arm of government power. And if "99.9%" of officers are great then these changes are only going to affect the remainder who have no business having a badge and gun

Republicans aren't against reforms , heck that is what Tim Scott has been working on for years with opportunity zones and other reforms . What Republicans don't like is cities burning to the ground and looted under what often is a false racial narrative perpetuated by the media . You remember the Michael Brown hoax with hands up don't shoot that was complete lies, even the Obama DOJ came to that conclusion . Stop with the race baiting at every turn and many more people will come to your side .

Police killings caught on video are the most severe, visible, visceral bad outcome for black Americans in criminal justice so they're going to be a lightning rod. That's not surprising.

Make no mistake, there's no "false narrative" about outcomes for black Americans in policing and criminal justice in this country.

Go look at rates of stops, searches, charges, convictions, false convictions, paroles, or whatever you want to look at, and make the case that bias in the system is a "false narrative."

THAT is what black America is furious about.
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would even try to argue against your points anymore. I get people being angry about the reactionary violence in the streets. Its scary to all of us.
But listen to some of these black adults in positions of power / influence who have been stopped, frisked, roughed up, questioned, etc for doing nothing. Listen to a person who is black and that you respect talk about how he has to tell his sons how to be careful if ever stopped by a cop, even if they did nothing wrong.
As a dad, as a citizen, as a "Christian", as a _____, how do those things not make any of us saddened and angry?

We can all bicker about the men who have been caught in these videos dying at the hands of cops....some were bad guys. Few were saints. Many of them acted out in a way that absolutely put them in position to get hurt.
But....if you've grown up as a lesser citizen --- and you've seen this forever....and then you see TV images of cops shooting a black man while other cops walk by a white crazed teen with a rifle....why would you not be angry?
I agree and to me, police brutality is a different topic than systemic racism/discrimination.

While we're on that topic though, what about the Lumbee Indians, my race, who the government won't federally recognize. Imagine how it feels to be told by the government you aren't real, or don't exist.

That's kind of discrimination right? But hey, who cares about us?

Dude, I'm fully in support of the Lumbee Indians. Grew up one county over from Robeson county. What you describe is ABSOLUTELY discrimination, and the very definition of systemic racism.

Black people protesting for their rights doesn't negatively impact youthey're opposing the same power structures and institutions that have hurt the Lumbee people.
But this isn't a black issue here. Just like I don't view it as a native american issue. This is police brutality.

I'm not sure why they are lumped together.

Because police brutality happens to black people, per capita, WAY more often than it does to white people.

Because policing in America has often disproportionately harmed black people.

You can't fully separate the two issues.

Why are you using per capita? Why not use the % of interactions with police which would give you a much better data point ? Blacks kill blacks and blacks kill whites at a much higher rate than any other race it's not even close .

I don't think black people are inherently more criminal than white people, so I use per capita. Do you think black people are inherently more criminal than white people?
If they aren't, then why do they commit crime at such a disproportionate amount relative to their percentage of the population?

They commit half, or just over half of all murders. They kill more people total in a typical year, and they kill more whites than whites kill blacks.

It's not just that one category, either. In most all violent crime categories, the percentage of blacks that commit them is WAY out of whack with the 13% they comprise of our population.

So I don't see how you can make that statement.

They don't murder so many people year after year because the police bother them more.

I'm not sure your numbers are accurate, but I'll dig into that tomorrow. Certainly context matters, and you can contort things in all sorts of ways. Most murders are also committed by men. You and I are both men. Does that make us more prone to violence?

Let's assume, for the sake of simplicity, that all of your statements are correct.

Why do you think that is so? Do you think black people are inherently more violent and criminal than white people? If so, why?
His numbers are accurate. Way back in the beginning of this thread (10-15 pages in maybe) i used the same statistics and referenced the department of justice site when I did
packgrad
This Democrat drops bombs on the woke. What a great and truthful speech.

Pacfanweb
cowboypack02 said:

James Henderson said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

Yeah, it was the fentanyl, not the knee on his neck for nearly 9 minutes.

Lol.
Correct. A knee on your neck doesn't make you have a heart attack.

95% blockage, and being on Fentanyl and Meth does. Now, the SITUATION might have helped trigger the heart attack...sure.

But a healthy person who's not on hard drugs isn't having a heart attack in that same position.

And I see you've backtracked on him resisting arrest. Good, because he 100% did.

Isn't the most probable assessment of this that the knee on his neck for 9 minutes AND the drugs in his system AND his heart health all contributed to his death?

The challenge for both the defense and the prosecution is in proving (or casting doubt on) the extent to which the officer's actions and inactions led to Floyd's death.

To me, the officer's apparent lack of concern for Floyd's health after he was not moving and not breathing for several minutes is more damning than the initial act of holding him down with his knee.
I 100 percent agree.

Reminds me of Tony Tempa from 2016. White man died in similar fashion. The cops thought he was snoring. Unreal.

One of these events created national protest...and most people have never heard of the other....i wonder what the difference is?
Police kill twice as many white people as they do blacks.

And blacks also kill twice as many (roughly) whites as whites kill blacks.

Difference is, white people tend to let the system do its work and they don't riot and protest when a cop kills one of them, even though the questionable incidents are just as frequent, if not more frequent.

And don't give me "percentage of the population". If you're not going to acknowledge that 13% of the population being responsible for half the murders and see how huge of an issue THAT is, I don't want to hear about that percentage when it comes to police wrong doing.
Bas2020

Here are the deaths the media, BLM, and others dont want you to see. Barely a blip online anywhere until now.

Civilized
Do Black Americans have any reason to distrust the system?
statefan91
What do you mean when you say "let the system do its work?" It doesn't seem that police are held accountable for killings with regularity, so if that's the case then what do you do? They feel like the system fails them again and again when it comes to this specific issue of police violence.

It also seems as though white people may not care that other white people are killed by police as much as black people do, but it seems weird to tell someone they shouldn't advocate for something they're passionate about just because someone else isn't advocating for themselves.

That's like saying someone shouldn't advocate for breast cancer awareness because #allcancersmatter.

If you are worried about the high number of white people killed by police, I hope you start finding ways to make it known to your lawmakers and representatives. If you're not worried about the number of white people killed by police, then that's fine, but you should probably stop using that argument as you basis for why black people shouldn't be protesting.
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

I just don't understand why BLM aren't winning over more people.

I have to give the Congressman and the other couple credit. Especially the man in the second video. If that heifer in the second video confronted me like that, I would have punched her lights out.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
ncsualum05
Some of these people will never stop until they are met with force. I'm all for people defending themselves from attack or their business/ home from attack. I've seen videos of people getting beaten senselessly for no reason, buildings burning, hell I've even seen some death to America chants while burning symbols. People are getting killed. If this were ISIS we would say we are getting attacked by terrorists. Honestly don't see much difference in a lot of these acts happening versus things that ISIS has done. It's just domestic terrorism instead. The shooting in Wisconsin was inevitable and the rioters are lucky it hasn't happened more often. I believe it will if they keep it up.
DrummerboyWolf
ncsualum05 said:

Some of these people will never stop until they are met with force. I'm all for people defending themselves from attack or their business/ home from attack. I've seen videos of people getting beaten senselessly for no reason, buildings burning, hell I've even seen some death to America chants while burning symbols. People are getting killed. If this were ISIS we would say we are getting attacked by terrorists. Honestly don't see much difference in a lot of these acts happening versus things that ISIS has done. It's just domestic terrorism instead. The shooting in Wisconsin was inevitable and the rioters are lucky it hasn't happened more often. I believe it will if they keep it up.
You are correct they are domestic terrorists and unfortunately there are going to be more incidents like in Kenosha. People are going to defend their property and their lives.
Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

What do you mean when you say "let the system do its work?" It doesn't seem that police are held accountable for killings with regularity, so if that's the case then what do you do? They feel like the system fails them again and again when it comes to this specific issue of police violence.

It also seems as though white people may not care that other white people are killed by police as much as black people do, but it seems weird to tell someone they shouldn't advocate for something they're passionate about just because someone else isn't advocating for themselves.

That's like saying someone shouldn't advocate for breast cancer awareness because #allcancersmatter.

If you are worried about the high number of white people killed by police, I hope you start finding ways to make it known to your lawmakers and representatives. If you're not worried about the number of white people killed by police, then that's fine, but you should probably stop using that argument as you basis for why black people shouldn't be protesting.
Care about it all they want. That's fine.

But the protesting and rioting and shaming of white people as if this is some terrible problem that only black people face, THAT needs to stop. It's nowhere near the huge issue they are claiming.

Showing that more whites are killed by police is one way of demonstrating that.

If you listen to what you see in the media, you'd think the police are just slaughtering blacks in droves.

That's not happening. Never was. And now everyone is thinking it is, and that it's some huge, unchecked problem and every single time a cop has an encounter with a black that turns deadly, it's blown out of proportion.

THAT needs to stop. One way of stopping it is to show that it's not just blacks who have bad encounters with cops. That doesn't in any way mean the cops shouldn't do better.....but this one-sided crap need to get the hell out of this world.
packgrad
BLM attacks Rand Paul too.

Love that CBS has an article up about it too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/protesters-confront-rand-paul-breonna-taylor-rnc/

No mention of the "Justice for Breonna Taylor Act" Bill Rand Paul introduced though. And those peaceful BLMers were shouting "Say her name". Lol. Idiots.

Saying they are mostly peaceful and they just want change when they're attacking a politician that is trying to enact change just enables these domestic terrorists.
metcalfmafia

LOL
statefan91
So we should ask that media does a better job of reporting on all police violence, not just police violence on blacks? I'm on board with that.

In the meantime, should BLM need to pick up the slack for the rest of the country that isn't as concerned with police violence?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

So we should ask that media does a better job of reporting on all police violence, not just police violence on blacks? I'm on board with that.

In the meantime, should BLM need to pick up the slack for the rest of the country that isn't as concerned with police violence?

I think expecting BLM not to be a racist group would be a great start. Don't you? I don't think they will pick up any slack for the rest of the country acting like the racist terrorists they are acting like right now though.
packgrad
metcalfmafia said:

LOL

Really shows Democrats true colors and how they support the rioters. I expect many more people to start arming and defending themselves in the days to come seeing how this is the official position of the Democratic Party.
Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

First off "police violence" is a VERY minor problem, in the big picture. It's a big deal for the few that experience it, but those are a very few in relation to how many people we have, and how many police encounters there are on a daily basis.

That said, I'd settle for them being fair about it. They aren't. They are as racist as they claim everyone else to be.

Represent the situation as it really is, not as it suits you.

And the media is just as bad, they've gotten right on board with BLM and indoctrinating folks to think that "white man bad, black man oppressed", when that's not the truth.

Are there some extra challenges for blacks? Sure.

Are these challenges all the fault of whites, be it current or holdover from "the way things were"? No.

Truth is always somewhere in the middle. You can't ask people to bend over backwards to accomnodate these nuts and not be willing to meet in the middle and agree to at least DISCUSS your own failings at the same time.

White people would be much more agreeable to some changes if blacks would do the same. Can't just be one side doing all the work at the behest of the other, and the bullying and harassing is only going to make it harder to accomplish.
Know why?

Because just like all police are getting lumped together, whites are getting blamed, etc......all the BLM folks are going to be lumped into the protesters that are rioting and harassing folks and doing wrong.

They aren't helping, in other words.
Bas2020
statefan91 said:

Stop using isolated incidents to stoke racial tension and fear so you can use it your advantage at the ballot box . That's what we are asking for the media to change .
statefan91
Bas2020 said:

statefan91 said:

Stop using isolated incidents to stoke racial tension and fear so you can use it your advantage at the ballot box . That's what we are asking for the media to change .
Are all incidents of police violence isolated incidents? Is there any point where they do become a larger discussion?
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

I think expecting BLM not to be a racist group would be a great start. Don't you? I don't think they will pick up any slack for the rest of the country acting like the racist terrorists they are acting like right now though.
And also not to be a Marxist group would help too. Admitted by one of their own creators on video. BLM the organization is not worried about black lives. They are wanting and talking about chaos on their own website. Destroy the nuclear family, all men are bad..yada, yada, yada. It's a shame that the actual peaceful protesters looking for reform of police activities are being used for anarchy by BLM and Antifa.
Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

Bas2020 said:

statefan91 said:

Are all incidents of police violence isolated incidents? Is there any point where they do become a larger discussion?
YES. Compared to the hundreds of thousands of police interactions the the public? They are absolutely isolated in comparison.

It's not like we're constantly talking about "yet another police shooting in Ferguson/Wisconsin/etc", over and over. If you kept having these incidents in one locale, then yeah.....that's an issue. But even that would still be isolated, because it's in one area.

But these are random. And MOST of the time, when all the evidence is released.....the actual incident is either "perfectly legit-to-nowhere near bad as it first seemed", with a huge amount of blame falling on the person who was supposedly wronged by the police.

George Floyd: Doped up on Fentanyl and meth, heart disease. Turns out he wasn't choked, died of a heart attack.
We didn't know that at first, nor did anyone bother to release the entire interaction that day.

Jacob Blake: Resisted arrest, fought with police, was tased and kept on going, was armed with a knife and actively not obeying the police.

We didn't know that at first. We did find out about it pretty quickly compared to other cases.

Ferguson: Total lie from the get-go, there was never a "hands up, don't shoot" situation that occurred, and it's STILL a slogan that is perpetuated.

Dude in Charlotte: Wife said he "only has a book". Had a gun.

Couple incidents in Raleigh, bystanders or relative lied.

And on and on and on. Nearly all of these incidents, you have a snippet of what really happened to inflame people, you have black people that were around, or relatives, lying about what happened to further inflame people, and then you have protests and riots and the media telling everyone that this happens all the time, when in fact, it does not.

So these lies get spread, and then the truth comes out. But when it does, it's too late. People have already formed opinions based on the lies, and aren't considering facts when they are discovered and/or released.

BLM is at the forefront of this. The media, which is largely liberal, has bought into it.

It's FAR more of a problem than police violence.
Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

And also not to be a Marxist group would help too. Admitted by one of their own creators on video. BLM the organization is not worried about black lives. They are wanting and talking about chaos on their own website. Destroy the nuclear family, all men are bad..yada, yada, yada. It's a shame that the actual peaceful protesters looking for reform of police activities are being used for anarchy by BLM and Antifa.
100% true. From the horse's mouth:

""We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."
James Henderson
Staff
metcalfmafia said:

LOL
I don't do politics or really follow this stuff much at all, but what is Trump doing differently to where there is now police brutality and there wasn't under Obama?

Was there not police brutality under Obama?
cowboypack02
James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL
I don't do politics or really follow this stuff much at all, but what is Trump doing differently to where there is now police brutality and there wasn't under Obama?

People tend to "forget" things when it happens under an administrator that they like

The exact same thing happened in Ferguson Missouri when Obama was President...and Joe Biden was VP
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL

People tend to "forget" things when it happens under an administrator that they like

The exact same thing happened in Ferguson Missouri when Obama was President...and Joe Biden was VP
And at that time, the guy trying to become president blamed the sitting president for allowing cops to get shot, etc. Which is still occurring now.

Same old, same old. All these guys say a lot, don't seem to change a lot.
Civilized
James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL

This tweet isn't talking about police brutality.

It's referring to Trump's specious alleged focus on 'law and order'. And also, him stoking and emboldening racial animus.

Trump did not do especially well with non-college-educated whites, compared to other Republicans. He did especially well with white people who express sexist views about women and who deny racism exists.

Even more alarmingly, there is a clear correlation between Trump campaign events and incidents of prejudiced violence. FBI data show that since Trump's election there has been an anomalous spike in hate crimesconcentrated in counties where Trump won by larger margins. It was the second-largest uptick in hate crimes in the 25 years for which data are available, second only to the spike after September 11, 2001.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2019/08/14/trump-and-racism-what-do-the-data-say/
ncsualum05
James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL

This may have been explained throughout the thread at some point but here goes. It's long so sorry in advance. Also you might choose not to believe me. But whatever this is the game that's being played.

1. Democrats have been silently behind organizations like BLM and Antifa for years. The same donors that fund these groups fund democrats. They are connected.

2. When Floyd happened it presented the opportunity they needed (they would've found another) but this was perfect. Footsoldiers mingled into protests and boom you have violence everywhere. Remember that these organizations aren't new. They've been around and had time to organize... they are funded. Also these groups are basically marxist extremist groups. Domestic terror groups essentially.

3. Systemic racism and police brutality is the lie. It's the guise under which they operate. It's tricky and can put people in an awkward position. No decent person wants to be racist or against a group that has the name "Black Lives Matter". Many people unaware of the nefarious truth to the organization... therefore was initially supported by more people. Democrats take full advantage.

4. Even as things spiral out of control night after night the narrative continues. You saw for weeks democrats actually deny this stuff was happening. They attacked police, defunded police, and told police to stand down in these cities. Keep in mind that most of the places with perpetual violence and damage have city councils that are 100% democrat with a democrat mayor. It's also important to consider that a lot of the cities the people in these positions are not only democrats... but black, including police chiefs. Keep that in mind next time you hear the word "systemic racism".

5. They went too far. It's been too long now and people have figured it out. They unleashed the monster but they can't control it. They can't deny it anymore. And now democrats are panicking b/c people are sick of it and it's showing up in their polling.

6. Whether or not you like Trump the play here was to tie his hands. He has been trying to get national guard out and other assistance to cities to quell this for months. Some have accepted but many have not. They have come out against him and said they did not want federal presence of any kind. Now in history there have been times where a President has sent federal troops regardless... but this is where it was tricky. Democrats were waiting for the chance to paint Trump as a dictator and authoritarian.

7. Conclusion... now you can see the game in my bullet points above. But the game has backfired. It was a nasty political miscalculation. A lot of suffering to over this. You may think this is awful and again you can choose to believe what you want. But this was never truly about police brutality. It happens... and it can be resolved, but that's not what this was about. Don't forget Tim Scott's bill was dead on arrival b/c democrats had no interesting in actually putting a bill together.
James Henderson
Staff
Civilized said:

James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL

It's referring to Trump's specious alleged focus on 'law and order'. And also, him stoking and emboldening racial animus.

Trump did not do especially well with non-college-educated whites, compared to other Republicans. He did especially well with white people who express sexist views about women and who deny racism exists.

Even more alarmingly, there is a clear correlation between Trump campaign events and incidents of prejudiced violence. FBI data show that since Trump's election there has been an anomalous spike in hate crimesconcentrated in counties where Trump won by larger margins. It was the second-largest uptick in hate crimes in the 25 years for which data are available, second only to the spike after September 11, 2001.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2019/08/14/trump-and-racism-what-do-the-data-say/
So no one looks to Trump as a reason for the police brutality?
Civilized
James Henderson said:

So no one looks to Trump as a reason for the police brutality?

No one is probably strong. I'm sure in a country of 3xx million someone does but that doesn't mean they have credence.

Trump's obviously not THE reason for police brutality; no one person or one reason is. And, outcomes in criminal justice have been tilted against black Americans long before Trump was president.

SupplyChainPack
To be filed under, "Useful, vulgar idiots."

https://therightscoop.com/watch-another-despicable-clip-of-black-lives-matter-mob-harassing-man-and-wife-as-they-leave-white-house/

TheStorm
Civilized said:

James Henderson said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL

Sure it is... The tweet says exactly what is says... more lawlessness for the General Public unless you vote for us...

Extremely sad.

*They had it locked up about 6 weeks ago, but they've let this "junk" overplay itself. Starting to backfire on them and they are finally starting to realize it (at least some of them). How anyone can watch any of those videos from the last several nights and think that kind of behavior is "ok" is beyond me. But that is our left in this country as it stands today.
DrummerboyWolf
Kenosha police find suspicious vehicles with out of state plates and they find helmets, gas masks, illegal fireworks, protective vests. With help from the U. S. Marshalls they conducted surveillance and followed the vehicles to a gas station where they were filling up several fuel containers. 9 have been arrested.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kenosha-cops-suspicious-vehicles-helmets-masks
Steve Williams
Staff
So, is Raleigh gonna burn tonight? Hope cool heads prevail.
DrummerboyWolf
Steve Williams said:

So, is Raleigh gonna burn tonight? Hope cool heads prevail.
Well it depends on the Governor, the Mayor, and the Police Chief. If they do what they did a few months ago, then it might happen. What they did was absolutely nothing. Hopefully it doesn't go into the neighborhoods, but I have a feeling it might.
DrummerboyWolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Last note, Kyle Rittenhouse is being defended by Lin Wood. The same guy that has gotten millions of dollars for Nicholas Sandman from the Washington Post and CNN, with about 6 others getting ready to pay also. Wood is a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and right to defend. With the videos I have seen, I believe he has a strong case.
Last night I posted this. Not sure if Lin Wood is actually going to be Rittenhouse's attorney but he is putting a legal team together to defend him. He stated that he was not a criminal defense attorney, but would defend him for free if need be. He may or may not be on the team, but he is definitely involved in putting the team together.

EDIT: Right after I posted this I saw a story and John Pierce and Lin Wood are going to defend Rittenhouse. Pierce is claiming self defense.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/accused-kenosha-shooters-lawyer-claims-self-defense-amid-new-video

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.