George Floyd

125,445 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
SupplyChainPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pacfanweb said:

^Honestly...regarding your comments on sports: Good.

Sports have become way too big and way too important, for something that is entertainment and not remotely necessary.

I'm fine if they have to contract drastically. Pro AND college.

Yes. And not to detail the thread, but I was hearing today about the BLM related plans the NFL has for this fall. If it's true, they are going all-in. If it's true, they will make the NBA look like white supremacists.

I will not be watching the NFL this fall.
DrummerboyWolf
SupplyChainPack said:

Pacfanweb said:

^Honestly...regarding your comments on sports: Good.

Sports have become way too big and way too important, for something that is entertainment and not remotely necessary.

I'm fine if they have to contract drastically. Pro AND college.

Yes. And not to detail the thread, but I was hearing today about the BLM related plans the NFL has for this fall. If it's true, they are going all-in. If it's true, they will make the NBA look like white supremacists.

I will not be watching the NFL this fall.

I agree. If they want to do their social justice stuff on their time. Go for it. If you are going to do that on my time, then I won't be watching either. I had heard earlier it was only the first week, but it appears it's going to be all season. The NFL rankings will be scary and I don't mean in a good way.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
James Henderson
Staff
I don't understand why the social justice info would bother you guys so much you wouldn't watch football.

Can't you just tune in for the game part if you don't want to watch pregame?
DrummerboyWolf
James Henderson said:

I don't understand why the social justice info would bother you guys so much you wouldn't watch football.

James, the end zones are going to have social justice messages. That is what bothers me plus we are going to get social justice messages during the game. Players can put stickers on their helmets with certain sayings. I could live with that, but still wouldn't like it.

Several years ago on Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas ambushed the viewers with his diatribe on gun control and one other thing. I quit watching the halftime show after that and I always have liked Costas as a broadcaster, but don't come at me with your personal views during the game. Costas had the power to have a forum on either NBC or his HBO show to do what ever he wanted about those subjects, but he chose the halftime of the most watched game. Sorry I watch sports to get away from real life. I don't want the political agenda stuff while I am watching the game.
SupplyChainPack
Just not wanting to support their racism (and via BLM) the Marxism they are promoting.

In the same way, I wouldn't stop at just skipping over the portion of the broadcast that promotes child rape, if they were to go down that path.

Even further, if what I heard is true, your not going to be able to miss the BLM messaging the entire broadcast. Practically every camera shot will send the message.
IseWolf22
SupplyChainPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

I apparently missed a ton the several days I haven't been looking at this thread. There is way too much to even attempt to respond to.

"What good things has Trump actually done?" should probably be it's own thread so this one doesn't go even further afield. He HAS done some good things. He's also done a lot of bad things. But specifically to those who thing we are "winning" the trade war. How? Almost every economist thinks protectionism is bad and the trade war has been a drag on an otherwise well functioning economy. It's increased the price of imports, both for consumers and for manufacturers who all rely on global supply chains.
https://reason.com/2019/12/27/trumps-trade-war-has-hurt-american-manufacturers-more-than-it-helped-them/

Did it cross your radar at all that China just unleashed a horrible virus on the world, and then we (and the world) had to rely heavily on this very same country for much of our PPE to deal with that very same virus?

What do your economists have to say about that?
They'd say that the US medical supply chain is pretty resilient and China ($13.5 Billion) is only the 4th largest supplier of medical supplies to the US behind Switzerland ($15.5 billion), Germany ($19.6 billion), and Ireland ($27.9 billion).
They'd say that this trade also benefits us as we are China buys more medical supplies from us than from anyone else except Germany. They'd say that global supply chains reduce costs for everyone and increase manufacturing efficiency.
Pacfanweb
James Henderson said:

If that were the case, sure. But you're going to have the announcers talking about that crap all game long.

If I did want to hear about that stuff, it would not be from semi-literate athletes that have been pampered all their life.
Packchem91
Pacfanweb said:

Packchem91 said:

Talked to lady I manage today who is black, and I asked her how she is coping with all that is going on.

She is married (her husband works at our same company) and they live in Matthews / Mint Hill (Charlotte) area in a nice neighborhood. Her oldest son just graduated Butler HS, her youngest is in 5th grade.

Live in a mostly white neighborhood. When they go walking, usually as a family, she has absolutely seen neighbors pull their kids back to garage, etc. Her oldest son is a big kid...and in particularly that happens when he is around.
Her husband and a friend were driving just outside (hwy 51) neighborhood and was stopped. Cops came to the car, one on each side, with guns drawn for no other reason as they were just sitting there. One of them saw a bible in the backseat, and then things got calmer. They "looked like some suspects they were after".
Had a policeman come to their house at 1130 one night to ask them to move a car parked in front of house on street (family member visiting)....though no other neighbors have ever been asked to do that.

Her older son has a job nearby while waiting college to start...they had let him walk the 15 minute trip home, but now with all that is going on, are scared a black kid walking down the street might walk into trouble -- either with citizens or police.
Her youngest son was once in a store with her, and was playing with some toys, and asked her "am I going to get shot if they think I stole one of these".

She was very appreciative I asked her. Felt like she could have talked for hours. She is a strong Christian, and is trying to be very open-minded, but is hurting. Hurts for her two boys to have to hear the things they hear, and be afraid of what could happen.

So....yes, racism / profiling and the embedded fear that brings about is very alive and well in 2020. I know this doesn't address all the issues others here have voiced about BLM, media, Trump, anti-Trump, etc.....but thought it would be a good real-life example of how pervasive this is in the minds of your average law-abiding black family.

I sincerely feel for good folks like that lady. It's a shame that they have to bear the burden because such a high percentage of their fellow blacks commit crimes. I also know black people who have been pulled or talked to by the police, most likely because they were black, or matched the description of a suspect.

HOWEVER: I can't help but notice that on the flip side of that, all whites are also being included with the actions of a VERY, VERY few. WAY fewer, percentage-wise, than there are blacks that commit crimes and thereby cause trouble for other law-abiding blacks.

One other thing I'd like addressed by the left-leaning folks: Like your employee, the overwhelming majority (read: Damn near all) of black (or any other race) folks who have encounters with the police, have these encounters end safely and with nobody hurt or anything else but mildly inconvenienced for being stopped.

What do all these encounters have in common? Black vs white people? Nope. They did what the cops told them to. You do that, you go home afterwards, safely.

Can anyone list all these famous shootings/police brutality/arrest cases that got attention, and tell us just how many of these incidents (which are still very few) happened to folks who A) Weren't doing anything wrong in the first place, and B) Obeyed the police. ???

How many?
I get it. And I have said that too. But I'll say this....you go mind your business (or have your kid mind their business) and have a cop come up and pull guns on them. Maybe a couple of times overall with your family, with no apparent reason...and see if you begin to distrust the man.
I'd be so po'd if that happened to me...if for no other reason than, while I understand your point about minding and being ok, what if you get Barney Fife with an itchy finger?

Its easy as a white guy to sit here self-righteously and tell them how to handle it (again, I've said it too).....I'm just not so sure white folks would feel the same way if the shoe were on the other foot.
SupplyChainPack
lumberpack5 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Just to clarify....Cannon Hinnant wasn't a hate crime. Neither was the death of the white girl who was killed by 4 african american girls in Raleigh a week or two ago.

What's your definition of a hate crime?
Killing someone based on their skin color, religion, political party or sex.

I don't know what was in the heart of someone when they decide to take a life....neither do you. All i can see is the glaring double standard.

• The cop who shot Michael Brown was deemed a racist....even through he was just trying to save his own life.
  • Jacob Blake had the cops called on him because he was trying to rape someone at his ex-girlfriend's house, then didn't listen to the cops, fought with him, and then went to his car and was reaching in for something when he was shot.
  • There is no proof that what happened with George Floyd was due to race
  • There is no proof that what heppened with Breonna Taylor is due to race

We have been told that all of these are hate crimes....but there is no proof of it. Am I just suppose to accept it for what i am told with no other critical thinking?

If i bring up Cannon Hinnant, Veronica Baker, Laura Anderson and Charles Wall there isn't a peep of it being a hate crime even through all of them were randomly killed by someone who was black. I don't know if it was race driven or not...but i do know how each has been treated.

The narrative is that if a white person is killed by a black person then there is no way that it is race driven, but if a black person is killed by a white person then it must be a race crime.

Take the blinders off man

I agree the media treats blacks killing whites and whites killing blacks differently. 100%.

But not completely without reason.

Given our country's history of enslaving and killing blacks, and denying them equal justice, black Americans are rightly indignant about being killed by white people too often in this country, many times without justice being served.

These recent killings of blacks by cops have been deemed to be products of a justice system that's infused with institutional racial bias much more than they've been construed as hate crimes. Just because an action is enabled by institutional bias doesn't make it a hate crime.

The cops that pull over and search black Americans 2x - 4x more often than white Americans aren't doing it because they're all racist; those cops and their behaviors are also products of a biased system. They treat black Americans differently than whites. That's what black Americans are so tired of.

Again, think of the irony here.

You're tired of white Americans too often being portrayed as racists in the liberal media. This perception doesn't actually affect your day to day life one iota. Not one bit.

Black Americans are tired of their lives actually being impacted in meaningful ways by institutional bias and racism. These biases affect their life almost every single day, in meaningful ways.

Which issue is of greater importance? Which is the greater problem to solve?
Black people are approximately 13% of the population here in the us but they commit 52% of all violent crimes....of course they are going to have more interaction with the people who enforce the law. The cops aren't going to be interacting as much with people who aren't as likely to commit a crime. Why would they?

That's why that particular population is treated differently.

A justice system that is infused with racism? there are approximately 663000 police who interact with the public almost 3 million times on a daily basis....and there is systematic racism because of a few cops? Thats a joke man.

Are there a few cops who go to far...Absolutely. Are there cops that shouldn't be cops...absolutely. It astounds me that you are willing to paint an entire group of people as racist because of a few isolated incidents. Whats worse is that you aren't willing to think critically about it at all. You have said in a previous comment that Trump is xenophobic because of the way that he referred to a a portion of illegal immigrants....aren't you just doing the exact same thing by painting the police force in the US the same way over the actions of a few?

Its not a black and white thing....but people just don't seem to care when it happens to someone that isn't black

Tony Timpa died the exact same way as George Floyd did.....but no one cares...
Duncan Lemp died the exact same way as Breonna Taylor did....but no cares...

The media didn't care....The politicians didn't care....We didn't have riots....You weren't talking about systematic racism. The difference between Timpa/Lemp and Floyd/Taylor....the first two were white while the second two are black. Since you have decided to give racism such a broad brush....that seems awfully racist to me

Raw population numbers don't mean a great deal. But when you look at the details you find that black people at about three times as likely to be poor as compared to white people.

That is the core behind crime statistics - poverty. Crime exists in areas with not black folk. Check of the crimes in Montana, Idaho, etc., - they will be committed by whites and native Americans, but in most cases both will be poor.

My grandparents were poor. My great- grandparents were quite poor. We knew several families who weren't well off when I was growing up.

Their standard of living was substantially lower than the poorest people today ( who have numerous social safety nets to ensure that they don't go hungry).

None of them were thieves. They weren't muggers, they weren't rapists, and they weren't murderers.

Being poor does make a person a violent criminal. It's their own character that does so.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

That's irrelevant. It's not racist. It's not perpetuating racist canards. It's your bull**** cry wolf of racism, and your cry just makes rational people roll their eyes when there are legitimate cries of racism. People like you do more to damage race relations than Trump does, because to people like you, EVERYTHING is racial.

Our challenges with race in this country are not imagined, they're real.

Talked to lady I manage today who is black, and I asked her how she is coping with all that is going on.

She is married (her husband works at our same company) and they live in Matthews / Mint Hill (Charlotte) area in a nice neighborhood. Her oldest son just graduated Butler HS, her youngest is in 5th grade.

Live in a mostly white neighborhood. When they go walking, usually as a family, she has absolutely seen neighbors pull their kids back to garage, etc. Her oldest son is a big kid...and in particularly that happens when he is around.
Her husband and a friend were driving just outside (hwy 51) neighborhood and was stopped. Cops came to the car, one on each side, with guns drawn for no other reason as they were just sitting there. One of them saw a bible in the backseat, and then things got calmer. They "looked like some suspects they were after".
Had a policeman come to their house at 1130 one night to ask them to move a car parked in front of house on street (family member visiting)....though no other neighbors have ever been asked to do that.

Her older son has a job nearby while waiting college to start...they had let him walk the 15 minute trip home, but now with all that is going on, are scared a black kid walking down the street might walk into trouble -- either with citizens or police.
Her youngest son was once in a store with her, and was playing with some toys, and asked her "am I going to get shot if they think I stole one of these".

She was very appreciative I asked her. Felt like she could have talked for hours. She is a strong Christian, and is trying to be very open-minded, but is hurting. Hurts for her two boys to have to hear the things they hear, and be afraid of what could happen.

So....yes, racism / profiling and the embedded fear that brings about is very alive and well in 2020. I know this doesn't address all the issues others here have voiced about BLM, media, Trump, anti-Trump, etc.....but thought it would be a good real-life example of how pervasive this is in the minds of your average law-abiding black family.

None of what you said, above, is acceptable. I am confident black people feel different and are engaged by others like you said. In other words, none of us have a reason not to believe what you've said. Now, with that being said, when any of us are in a situation that doesn't feel right, we need to turn the cheek and just accept it in the moment.

Your co-worker doesn't have to like the way she feels; however, she should probably look around and realize the statistics quoted above and call on other black people to change there behavior. Unfortunately, the behavior of blacks help cause the treatment she receives.

It's the same in reverse: based on how some white people treat black people, the white people get a different look if they go into a black community and it's not very comfortable. Try going into some areas in downtown Raleigh. If your white, you better be careful...

When it comes to crime, the statistics don't lie. In summary, I believe that unfortunate so-called racial aspects of our society have really been perpetuated from statistics that create stereotypes. No, I'm not saying we don't have racist, I just don't believe anything is systemic, unless you throw in affirmative action/quota laws, then I think we do have systemic racism.
OK -- by your own logic, now you know why black people hate ALL cops. Sure, its only a few that bust heads, single them out, etc....but to a black person, it may as well be all.
Packchem91
WPNfamily said:

griff17matt said:

Trump is a freaking idiot. Biden doesn't remember what he had for breakfast. All the democrats had to do was give us someone halfway competent and they gave us a dementia patient and the worst POC prosecutor in recent memory.

You are spot on. Dems should be furious they brought a vegetable to a Presidential election. They have no one to blame but their own party. No chance Trump loses this election.
Two elections in a row. Last time -- just give us a decent person (HRC is truly, IMO, one of the few people I've ever seen who could rival the level of despicability of Trump).
This time -- a 15 year younger Biden would probably get 65% of the votes.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

That's irrelevant. It's not racist. It's not perpetuating racist canards. It's your bull**** cry wolf of racism, and your cry just makes rational people roll their eyes when there are legitimate cries of racism. People like you do more to damage race relations than Trump does, because to people like you, EVERYTHING is racial.

You have yet to acknowledge that 'legitimate racism' exists other than in theory. Black people's social justice problems in this country are a product of the MSM, #NeverTrumpers, or of black people themselves. BLM is doing it wrong, and racist themselves. Rioters are animals. Protesters are COVID-spreading snowflake sheep.

Take the highly partisan American political scene out of it. Remove that trigger and focus internationally.

Do you believe racism, classism, sexism, or institutional bias exists anywhere? I'm not just talking America.

I mean around the world.

Do ethnic minorities and women face routine systemic or explicit discrimination or racism in other countries? India's caste system? Sunni-Shia relations? Female genital mutilation in Africa? Jews in Africa? Africans in China? Aboriginal Australians?

Obviously, right? The impacts of the discrimination against women and minorities is quantifiable and observable in health care, education, criminal justice, and labor markets around the world.

Now come back to America. Why would America be any different? As the biggest cultural melting pot on the planet, why wouldn't we have our own racial baggage to try to address between whites and ethnic minorities?

Why shouldn't our racial dynamics in this country be extremely challenging like they are everywhere else in the world especially considering our fraught history of widespread slavery?

To sum up this long post, are you saying it's ok to lie that Trump said something racist, when he clearly didn't, because he's a white president and racism exists in this world?

No, to sum up this long post, racism in America is a strictly theoretical exercise for you. You won't think anything Trump, or anyone else, does is racist unless you see the swastika tattoo on their forehead under their Klan hood.

Like Packchem related about his staffer, real racism is out there, but according to you anytime someone brings it up they're wrong, saying it wrong, doing it wrong, "making everything about race," or "using anecdotes to make policy."

Easy to avoid the issue when you have an infinite list of reasons why the topic or the messenger isn't worthy.

My post gave a litany of examples of ways minorities and women around the world face structural racism that's life-shaping for them.

But somehow, we don't have structural racism or discrimination here in the US. In the most multi-cultural country in the world that was founded on the backs of African slaves.

Or if we do have it, we're just not allowed to talk about it.

It's unfortunate you have to lie about the president, and now me, to make your points. It shows how little meat there is on the bone.

I'm well aware of racism. The Klan showed up at my school when I was a child. There were many race fights at my school. I had friends in high school that were beaten senseless (2 hospitalized) because they were white and thought it was ok to eat at McDonalds at 1130pm before heading home. I had a Mexican coworker shot because he was dating a black girl by a black guy who disapproved.

I am well aware of racism in this world. I just think you often use ****ty examples.
SupplyChainPack
IseWolf22 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

I apparently missed a ton the several days I haven't been looking at this thread. There is way too much to even attempt to respond to.

"What good things has Trump actually done?" should probably be it's own thread so this one doesn't go even further afield. He HAS done some good things. He's also done a lot of bad things. But specifically to those who thing we are "winning" the trade war. How? Almost every economist thinks protectionism is bad and the trade war has been a drag on an otherwise well functioning economy. It's increased the price of imports, both for consumers and for manufacturers who all rely on global supply chains.
https://reason.com/2019/12/27/trumps-trade-war-has-hurt-american-manufacturers-more-than-it-helped-them/

Did it cross your radar at all that China just unleashed a horrible virus on the world, and then we (and the world) had to rely heavily on this very same country for much of our PPE to deal with that very same virus?

What do your economists have to say about that?
They'd say that the US medical supply chain is pretty resilient and China ($13.5 Billion) is only the 4th largest supplier of medical supplies to the US behind Switzerland ($15.5 billion), Germany ($19.6 billion), and Ireland ($27.9 billion).
They'd say that this trade also benefits us as we are China buys more medical supplies from us than from anyone else except Germany. They'd say that global supply chains reduce costs for everyone and increase manufacturing efficiency.

It reminds me of what an economist said one time:. "You can't eat GNP" when referring to loss of farms.

There are factors - not the least of which- is national security - which are vastly more important than the fact that China can produce PPE a few cents cheaper per unit than US manufacturers.

Being dependant on the very country that unleashed this catastrophe on us should have made this point manifestly obvious.

There are numerous other reasons why we need to curtail our dependence on China.

While you are reading up on these economists, please note of if any of them have anything to say about externalities.
James Henderson
Staff
SupplyChainPack said:

Just not wanting to support their racism (and via BLM) the Marxism they are promoting.

In the same way, I wouldn't stop at just skipping over the portion of the broadcast that promotes child rape, if they were to go down that path.

Even further, if what I heard is true, your not going to be able to miss the BLM messaging the entire broadcast. Practically every camera shot will send the message.
I see it during the NBA games now, it's on the court too. I'm not sure what the big deal is about it. BLM is important to the players in all leagues.
SupplyChainPack
James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

I see it during the NBA games now, it's on the court too. I'm not sure what the big deal is about it. BLM is important to the players in all leagues.

That's the choice you've made, and that's your business. But if you can understand why BLM is so important to the players, hopefully you can understand why it would be important for would-be viewers.

SupplyChainPack

https://www.prageru.com/video/resisting-arrest-the-terrifying-danger-cops-face-every-day/

DrummerboyWolf
James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

James BLM Inc. is a Marxist organization. One of their co-founders said so on tape. If you look at their website they want to destroy the nuclear family among other things. I doubt few if any NBA or NFL players know that. This organization is trying to overthrow the United States of America and the Constitution. All lives matter. Black Brown, White, Red, Yellow and so on. The message for police reform is being lost because of what BLM Inc. stands for.
Packchem91
SupplyChainPack said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

That's the choice you've made, and that's your business. But if you can understand why BLM is so important to the players, hopefully you can understand why it would be important for would-be viewers.

Tune out. TV revenue is surely the most important thing to pro owners....if you and everyone who hates the messaging like you tunes out, it will change eventually.

I haven't watched a ton of NBA bubble games, but I haven't noticed any messaging except some words on the unis, which after a little bit, just kind of blend in. I did notice that Doncic guy. And TJW
James Henderson
Staff
DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

James BLM Inc. is a Marxist organization. One of their co-founders said so on tape. If you look at their website they want to destroy the nuclear family among other things. I doubt few if any NBA or NFL players know that. This organization is trying to overthrow the United States of America and the Constitution. All lives matter. Black Brown, White, Red, Yellow and so on. The message for police reform is being lost because of what BLM Inc. stands for.
Is it possible to some that the slogan has more value/meaning than the actual organization?

Hell I didn't even know it was an organization, moreso a campaign/statement.
Pacfanweb
James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

I have things that are important to me, too. The ones involving politics and religion, however....I do not get to wear slogans and spout those things in my work place or in the course of doing my job.

I don't care what's important to ballplayers, unless it's something about playing ball. I see enough politics and religion everywhere else. Sports is entertainment, it's meant to be a distraction from everything else. Not the place you go to hear some message from a semi-literate idiot who can't even relate to things like BLM anyway because they're rich and have been pampered all their lives since about middle school.
SupplyChainPack
Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Tune out. TV revenue is surely the most important thing to pro owners....if you and everyone who hates the messaging like you tunes out, it will change eventually.

I have been, and will continue to do so. My life is very rich and filled with blessings.

It is an easy thing for me to skip over the racism and Marxism of the NBA. But even if it wasn't, I would do so anyway.
Pacfanweb
James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Is it possible to some that the slogan has more value/meaning than the actual organization?

I'm quite sure the slogan itself does have meaning other than the organization. However, the organization is what/who is behind all this, and whether everyone protesting is on board with them or not.....just like all whites are being lumped in with the .001% of cops/whites who might be racist, everyone associating with BLM is going to get lumped in with the organization and its goals, like it or not.
SupplyChainPack
I don't think that the NBA wrote BLM all over their courts (and warm ups, etc) without knowing what was behind it.

And I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that players and coaches kneeling during our national anthem are doing so to show blatant disrespect for our country.

That's more than enough for me to tune them out entirely.
WarrenPeace
James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

100%. But the athletes need to speak out about the difference. The saying BLM is something we should get behind. BLM Inc. is evil and should be called so.
TopsailWolf
The other item Costas yelled for all to hear was about the Redskins name needing to change. Despite multiple polls by the Washington Post in the last 15 years overwhelmingly showed that Native Americans supported the name and Felt "pride" in the name. Yet the woke white people who have no business even being involved in a decision to change the name demanded change because of how racist the term was. To them, white people. Certainly you could argue that if even one Native American felt offended or alienated by the Washington nickname than a change was justified but 90% of natives supported the name and their voices went unheard because they were drowned out by unbased cries of social injustice surrounding a shooting of a guy in Minneapolis that wasn't even racially motivated. America.
SupplyChainPack
But who cares?

"Black Lives Matter fundraising handled by group with convicted terrorist on its board"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-lives-matter-fundraising-handled-by-group-with-convicted-terrorist-on-its-board
IseWolf22
James Henderson said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

James Henderson said:

SupplyChainPack said:

The slogan existed before the organization. The organization coopted a popular slogan for their own goals. Most BLM supporters don't know anything about the formal organization.
Similar or my earlier comment on Democrats overplaying the race card, conservatives have overplayed the Marxist/socialist card. Lots of people think that "BLM is a Marxist organization" is just conservatives calling something they don't like Marxist again (it's not in this case).
SupplyChainPack
But it is:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/
DrummerboyWolf
TopsailWolf said:

The other item Costas yelled for all to hear was about the Redskins name needing to change. Despite multiple polls by the Washington Post in the last 15 years overwhelmingly showed that Native Americans supported the name and Felt "pride" in the name. Yet the woke white people who have no business even being involved in a decision to change the name demanded change because of how racist the term was. To them, white people. Certainly you could argue that if even one Native American felt offended or alienated by the Washington nickname than a change was justified but 90% of natives supported the name and their voices went unheard because they were drowned out by unbased cries of social injustice surrounding a shooting of a guy in Minneapolis that wasn't even racially motivated. America.
That's right. I was thinking about that after I wrote it. As I said I used to love to listen to Costas do a game, but when he ambushed us on SNF, that was it for me. My uncle was a long time Redskin season ticket holder. He has to be rolling over in his grave as to what has happened to the name.
Ripper
TopsailWolf said:

Yep. A small amount of woke white people decided to go against a large majority of Native Americans. Do you see the irony here?
DrummerboyWolf
SupplyChainPack said:

But it is:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

I was going to respond but you took care of it. Thanks.
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

I have things that are important to me, too. The ones involving politics and religion, however....I do not get to wear slogans and spout those things in my work place or in the course of doing my job.

I don't care what's important to ballplayers, unless it's something about playing ball. I see enough politics and religion everywhere else. Sports is entertainment, it's meant to be a distraction from everything else. Not the place you go to hear some message from a semi-literate idiot who can't even relate to things like BLM anyway because they're rich and have been pampered all their lives since about middle school.

When State players acknowledge and/or support social justice issues/BLM this fall, are you going to call them 'semi-literate idiots' too?
Ripper
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

When State players acknowledge and/or support social justice issues/BLM this fall, are you going to call them 'semi-literate idiots' too?
I'd like to think we don't have any semi-literate idiots on our sports teams.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

None of what you said, above, is acceptable. I am confident black people feel different and are engaged by others like you said. In other words, none of us have a reason not to believe what you've said. Now, with that being said, when any of us are in a situation that doesn't feel right, we need to turn the cheek and just accept it in the moment.

Your co-worker doesn't have to like the way she feels; however, she should probably look around and realize the statistics quoted above and call on other black people to change there behavior. Unfortunately, the behavior of blacks help cause the treatment she receives.

It's the same in reverse: based on how some white people treat black people, the white people get a different look if they go into a black community and it's not very comfortable. Try going into some areas in downtown Raleigh. If your white, you better be careful...

When it comes to crime, the statistics don't lie. In summary, I believe that unfortunate so-called racial aspects of our society have really been perpetuated from statistics that create stereotypes. No, I'm not saying we don't have racist, I just don't believe anything is systemic, unless you throw in affirmative action/quota laws, then I think we do have systemic racism.
OK -- by your own logic, now you know why black people hate ALL cops. Sure, its only a few that bust heads, single them out, etc....but to a black person, it may as well be all.
Typical leftest, it appears... see the bold I highlighted.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Typical leftest, it appears... see the bold I highlighted.
LOL, if my statement that is understandable how a black person could hate all police based on the action of the ones we see on TV is "leftist"...your statement that if a law-abiding black person doesn't like being unduly stopped and threatened by police and avoided by neighbors then she should get her same-colored friends to quit committing crimes is...like KKK-level racist?

I've voted GOP in every election ever. I'm not sure about this year because I'm not sure I can swallow my dignity and vote for the guy who may be one of the worst examples of a decent human being that I've ever seen....but leftist...I am not.

However, I do like to look at people, and situations, with an open mind. If that assigns me some kind of brand...then so be it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.