Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,662 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure he was on a basketball scholarship.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
aqasaw234
that's interesting because IIRC he gave up basketball after the back injury and was solely with the baseball team after that. curious how that all gets worked out scholarship wise.

he was a top 100 recruit in both sports (incredible feat). putting him on a basketball scholarship was def the smart move given that stupid 11.7 number.
Ripper
wilmwolf80 said:

Pretty sure he was on a basketball scholarship.
He was definitely on a basketball scholarship his first two years. It would be interesting to find out how he was accommodated scholarship-wise during his third year.
JCooke93
Outfielders as of right now is pretty good
D.Brown3 Returning Sr
N.Soles2 Returning So
T.Truitt27 Red Shirt Fr
Sam Hall Grand Transfer
Carter Lindsay Fr
Trendon Craig Transfer
Josh Hood Transfer
D.Pilolli Transfer
L.Tresh24
JCooke93
SS is pretty good as well
C.Falsken30
P.Green
J.Hood
JCooke93
And 2B as well
JT.JARRETT15
EddieEisert11
Ripper
JCooke93 said:

D.Brown3 Returning Sr
N.Soles2 Returning So
T.Truitt27 Red Shirt Fr
Sam Hall Grand Transfer
Carter Lindsay Fr
Trendon Craig Transfer
Josh Hood Transfer
D.Pilolli Transfer
L.Tresh24

What about Juco Brady Lavoie? Is he considered OF or 1B?
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

JCooke93 said:

D.Brown3 Returning Sr
N.Soles2 Returning So
T.Truitt27 Red Shirt Fr
Sam Hall Grand Transfer
Carter Lindsay Fr
Trendon Craig Transfer
Josh Hood Transfer
D.Pilolli Transfer
L.Tresh24

What about Juco Brady Lavoie? Is he considered OF or 1B?
I think he's like Austin Murr in that he played a lot of RF in junior college but also played first as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
aqasaw234 said:

was andrew brackman on a baseball or basketball scholarship ?

I think rule is scholarship counts vs sport with most scholarships. so MBB 13 vs baseball 11.7
AlleyPack
It will be interesting to see who ends up as the starter at 3B.
D. Brown, T. White, or maybe someone else.
Wolfer79
aqasaw234 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Yup, they changed the rules in the recent past so that players can get both athletic and academic money combined, so schools like that can offer full rides to everyone one way or another.

how does a ncaa committee manage to land on a nice round scholarship number like 11.7? and how ironclad is that? has there ever been any discussion about increasing that total?

random question: what if a football or basketball recruit was a strong candidate for the park scholarship? do we get to save an athletic scholarship in that scenario? or do those two worlds not mix?

i know we'll always be looking up at the rest of the conference in terms of endowment figure, but the job randy woodson has done to close the gap (even if just a little) is remarkable. he's a brilliant fundraiser.

$1.45B is a loooong way from the incompetent oblinger era ($380M) when i first got to campus.

I think baseball was a 13 scholarships and there was 10% cut in maximum allowed by NCAA

I do not remember how full academic scholarships count vs athletic scholarships
Packsd14me
AlleyPack said:

One of those big bats will DH too.....if you hit, you play, in most cases.

Catcher and SS are sometimes the exception on winning teams.
CLTWolf
AlleyPack said:

I think we saw how important a good defense is this year so I'd rather not put Devonte at third if I'm being honest. Still really depends on who shows up though, I think. Do we get both Hood and Green? If so then maybe some combo of Hood/Green at SS/3B? There's also Sam Hall that can play just about anywhere though most of his starts were at 2B (50 starts) and LF (37 starts). Tommy White could get a shot there but just depends on who ends up in school.
JCooke93
I knew I would forget someone
aqasaw234
Wolfer79 said:

aqasaw234 said:

I think rule is scholarship counts vs sport with most scholarships. so MBB 13 vs baseball 11.7

ah so it's an actual rule ? yeah, rule or not i totally see why putting him on a basketball scholarship would make the most sense for state (or any school).
TraCha4
I thought D. Brown3 was great in RF last year. I hope he comes back and hope we keep him in RF.
waxhaw
Wolfer79 said:

aqasaw234 said:

Not certain but I always thought it counted against the bigger revenue sport. So R. Wilson was on football not baseball scholarship. A. Brackman was on basketball not baseball scholarship.
JCooke93
TraCha4 said:

I thought D. Brown3 was great in RF last year. I hope he comes back and hope we keep him in RF.
he is coming back
Glasswolf
waxhaw said:

Wolfer79 said:

aqasaw234 said:

Not certain but I always thought it counted against the bigger revenue sport. So R. Wilson was on football not baseball scholarship. A. Brackman was on basketball not baseball scholarship.
This is correct
Wolfer79
waxhaw said:

Wolfer79 said:

aqasaw234 said:

you may be right

I remember the Urban Legend that Bear Bryant when he ran out of football scholarships would just sign them to scholarships in other sports, they still played football and maybe not the other sport
wilmwolf
It was that way for a time, but I think it was Miami putting guys on track scholarships back in the their heyday that got that rule changed.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
They have 4 guys in the portal Miami does
Packamylase
The World continues to revolve around the Sun despite my seething anger over how the season ended. I'm glad we can start talking about NC State baseball again.
JCooke93
Same here
pack2010
We need to offer Ryan Miller from NCCU allll the money to transfer here. Unless I missed it, didn't see him get drafted. I guess he could get a FA deal, but lets keep him local. That would make a good/very good potential staff great.
JCooke93
True
pack2010
also, in a very small update, Tristan Sipple has 9Ks in 4 innings of summer league so far. He has a decent bit of swing and miss stuff, I could see him carving out a nice role out of the bullpen next year as a LHP
JCooke93
Awesome
JCooke93
Go Pack 13
JCooke93
Hood is still in the Cap Cod League
pack2010
Elon catcher Matt oldham will be on the roster next year. A career .238 hitter, so that has to be a depth piece at best. But still interesting
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Elon catcher Matt oldham will be on the roster next year. A career .238 hitter, so that has to be a depth piece at best. But still interesting

Northwood HS graduate just like me. Has some pop but other than that, will probably make for a good coach one day. Good kid, perfect 3rd C.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Northwood HS graduate just like me. Has some pop but other than that, will probably make for a good coach one day. Good kid, perfect 3rd C.

Are you assuming Tresh and Mitchell are both gone? Looked at the royals cap stuff, but ultimately i think it comes down to if tresh thinks he can improve 10ish rounds next year
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Are you assuming Tresh and Mitchell are both gone? Looked at the royals cap stuff, but ultimately i think it comes down to if tresh thinks he can improve 10ish rounds next year

No idea but reading between the lines seems something is happening with people potentially not making it in.
JCooke93
What is going on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.