Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,633 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tresh
Cozart
Goldman
Oldhan
JCooke93
He can play 3B also
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Elon catcher Matt oldham will be on the roster next year. A career .238 hitter, so that has to be a depth piece at best. But still interesting

Northwood HS graduate just like me. Has some pop but other than that, will probably make for a good coach one day. Good kid, perfect 3rd C.

Are you assuming Tresh and Mitchell are both gone? Looked at the royals cap stuff, but ultimately i think it comes down to if tresh thinks he can improve 10ish rounds next year
Not really. If Tresh made demands for high dollars as was reported, he fell because of dollars not ability. IF the Royals pay him, he will sign. I personally think KC is a great place for him. Perez will be there for a couple more years. It gives Tresh a chance to get ready by learning to hit breaking pitches better and becoming a better defensive catcher. 3-4 years should give him just enough time to be ready. Power hitting catchers are hard to find. I think both he and the Royals would but benefit from his signing.....we shall see.
James Henderson
Staff
DIdn't KC also draft a catcher early or does he not really matter?
Packsd14me
James Henderson said:

High School kid.....slower track to the majors most of the time. Tresh would likely start at a higher level
Packsd14me
Packsd14me said:

James Henderson said:

High School kid.....slower track to the majors most of the time. Tresh would likely start at a higher level
In addition, they only have two catchers in their top 30 prospects that I could find.....not deep at catcher. He would only have to beat out 2 or 3 guys to make it in 2024 or 2025 from the looks of things.....it is a good spot for him.....but he has to perform as all pros do.
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

Packsd14me said:

James Henderson said:

In addition, they only have two catchers in their top 30 prospects that I could find.....not deep at catcher. He would only have to beat out 2 or 3 guys to make it in 2024 or 2025 from the looks of things.....it is a good spot for him.....but he has to perform as all pros do.
They already have a version (better defensively) of Luca in their system now. MJ Melendez was a 2nd rounder for them and he's now playing with their AA affiliate. Big time power and very good defensively. Looks like he's thrown out just under 50% of runners so far this season at AA.

I really wish they'd announce the numbers for their Comp pick and 3rd rounder as well. That would give us a good idea of how much extra pool money they'll have. I believe right now it's just under 3 mil left to play with.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

Packsd14me said:

James Henderson said:

They already have a version (better defensively) of Luca in their system now. MJ Melendez was a 2nd rounder for them and he's now playing with their AA affiliate. Big time power and very good defensively. Looks like he's thrown out just under 50% of runners so far this season at AA.

I really wish they'd announce the numbers for their Comp pick and 3rd rounder as well. That would give us a good idea of how much extra pool money they'll have. I believe right now it's just under 3 mil left to play with.
I agree CLT...he is the guy that Tresh would have to surpass to play, I think Tresh will be 2 to 3 years behind him....

But making the squad....I really don't see that many highly ranked guys in their system....that is why I think it's a good spot.....making the 25 man roster is important, then getting on the field.
pack2010
Expect a couple more incoming transfers
wolfpack1437
pack2010 said:

Any real gems or more depth like the recent catcher?
JCooke93
Wait what
pack2010
wolfpack1437 said:

pack2010 said:

Atleast one could be considered big time
wolfpack1437
pack2010 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

pack2010 said:

Atleast one could be considered big time
Awesome
JCooke93
Your killing me smalls
JCooke93
Please tell me it's Jack Washburn from Oregon State
wolfpack1437
JCooke93 said:

Please tell me it's Jack Washburn from Oregon State
If so that would be a huge payoff from EA's involvement with the National Team
JCooke93
I am hoping and praying
pack2010
pack2010 said:

To clarifying- pretty sure they are expecting atleast 1 more that should be considered an impressive transfer. Keeping tabs on a couple others but nothing in stone
JCooke93
Bro
wolfpack1437
Saban talks NC State baseball at SEC football media days. Unfortunately it was as a cautionary tale
pack2010
Garrett Payne and Tristan Sipple (same team) both pitched tonight for their summer team

Payne went 4.0 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 4 Ks 1 walk
Sipple went 3.2 innings, 1 hit, 0 runs, 3Ks 3 walks

for the summer:

Payne has gone 7 innings, giving up 2 earned, 3 hits and a 6/2 K/walk ratio
Sipple has gone 7.2 innings, 0 runs, 4 hits, 12Ks 5 walks.

Very solid numbers for the sophomores to be

on the same team is Eddie Eisert- he went 1/3 with a double and a walk. Played both 2nd and 3rd. Hitting .303 for the summer with a .439 OBP
JCooke93
Let's Goooo Wahoooo
JCooke93
Also Josh Hood Just Signed With Barstool Tonight
wolfpack1437
JCooke93 said:

Murr had signed with them as well so I'm not sure how much it means.....but like you, my fingers are crossed
ClePack
pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

To clarifying- pretty sure they are expecting atleast 1 more that should be considered an impressive transfer. Keeping tabs on a couple others but nothing in stone
Spill the beans!!!
JCooke93
Murr was before the draft I think
JCooke93
Please
TraCha4
Hitting the transfer portal pretty hard. I like it. Strike while the iron is hot.
JCooke93
Yup
Packsd14me
TraCha4 said:

Hitting the transfer portal pretty hard. I like it. Strike while the iron is hot.
Lots of spots available and lots of good pub for the program after last season's success. Should be lots of good players wanting an opportunity to join in that success.
JCooke93
Awesome
PKAwolfpacker
JCooke93 said:

What does this sentence mean?
pack2010
PKAwolfpacker said:

JCooke93 said:

What does this sentence mean?

With the new NIL rules, college athletes can sign with Barstool to make money off their likeness. A good number of our players have done so. It doesn't ensure he is coming to college for sure, but IF he makes it to NCSU, he is a "barstool athlete"
PKAwolfpacker
Ahhh gotcha
JCooke93
But he is still playing in the Cap Cod League

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.