Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,666 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
braz213 said:

They don't tell everything but they tell a lot. I like potential in a 17 18 year old kid. A guy not performing well at those levels is another thing. I've watched enough baseball and played enough fantasy sports to know a thing or two too. Like the other poster said. They figure it out or leave. Happens every year. Hopefully Chrysler helps them tremendously.
fantasy sports.....really?

You win.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
braz213
Thank you. And I know it's hard to tell but I was kidding with that. U don't have to feel like u win lose every back and forth.
JCooke93
We can always use pitching
JCooke93
C.Villaman16 might be the CP
CLTWolf
braz213 said:

Thank you. And I know it's hard to tell but I was kidding with that. U don't have to feel like u win lose every back and forth.

I know you were, as was I. It's all good my friend.
EthanBarry
Staff
My opening day guess:
Hood 6
Groover 3
Brown 9
White DH
Hall 7
Green 6
Pilolli 8
Cozart/Godman 2
Jarrett 4

Losing Craig, Mitchell and Tresh was a big blow and pretty surprising, but Green and White is well worth the trade off
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

My opening day guess:
Hood 6
Groover 3
Brown 9
White DH
Hall 7
Green 6
Pilolli 8
Cozart/Godman 2
Jarrett 4

Losing Craig, Mitchell and Tresh was a big blow and pretty surprising, but Green and White is well worth the trade off

You have green and hood both at SS, fyi. But that seems right to me, i'd switch hall and Piloli in the lineup. I could see Soles or Truitt out there too over Hall, but I'd bet on Hall now.
JCooke93
I like it
JCooke93
Love it
CLTWolf
I can't wait to see what happens at CF and 1B. I think Trey Truitt will be hard to keep out of the lineup somewhere in the OF.

I still don't think Gino Groover is a full time first baseman and maybe Brady Lavoie has something to say about that, we'll see. Matt Oldham has been playing a bunch of 1B this summer as well and had a huge summer up in the New England Baseball League. He hit .260 with 9 bombs in that wooden bat league. I don't think he hits at this level but I love to be wrong. He's definitely a kid that can catch and play first in a pinch.

JT Jarrett is so good at defense he probably sticks at 2B b/c we should have enough bats in the lineup to keep him in that 9 spot in the order. He obviously does just enough with the bat.
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

EthanBarry said:

My opening day guess:
Hood 6
Groover 3
Brown 9
White DH
Hall 7
Green 6
Pilolli 8
Cozart/Godman 2
Jarrett 4

You have green and hood both at SS, fyi. But that seems right to me, i'd switch hall and Piloli in the lineup. I could see Soles or Truitt out there too over Hall, but I'd bet on Hall now.
My bad, Green at third. I think you'll see a bunch of rotating early. Truitt, Soles, Lavoie, Eisert will all get plenty of chances to play and could easily be a regular. I think the only locks in the lineup are Hood, Green, White, Brown and Jarrett. Also, where does White play defensively? If he's good at third, he will play there IMO and Hood will move around with Green at short.
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

EthanBarry said:

My opening day guess:
Hood 6
Groover 3
Brown 9
White DH
Hall 7
Green 6
Pilolli 8
Cozart/Godman 2
Jarrett 4

My bad, Green at third. I think you'll see a bunch of rotating early. Truitt, Soles, Lavoie, Eisert will all get plenty of chances to play and could easily be a regular. I think the only locks in the lineup are Hood, Green, White, Brown and Jarrett. Also, where does White play defensively? If he's good at third, he will play there IMO and Hood will move around with Green at short.
Hood played some OF in the Cape. Not sure how much but I noticed he was playing out there in several box scores I saw when I was looking to see if he was still playing.
Glasswolf
Avent is still looking for depth at catcher and best available
JCooke93
Really
JCooke93
Logan Adams
And
Josh hood
Are both in the Cap Cod League playoffs
JCooke93
The players start at 4:30pmET Josh Hood Team
Logan Adams Team at 6pmET Today
braz213
https://baseball.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=1533951&seasonid=32825

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/player.html?playerid=1467521&seasonid=32825
JCooke93
Thank you
pack2010

If he sits in the low 90s, he is an all ACC candidate (not necessarily 1st team but). His secondary stuff is great, so if he's low-mid 90s he could have a big year
braz213

JCooke93
JCooke93
Everyone is back on campus
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Good infielder and Outfielder drills today
JCooke93
Just saw somewhere that we might be playing at Duke this fall
pack2010
Did Logan bender end up anywhere? I saw he signed with barstool and they have him as ncsu athlete. I know he hasn't done much here, but you don't go from 2-3 dominant years to forgetting how to pitch. If his arm issues are better, he has a role IMO
JCooke93
For the ind ball high point team
JCooke93
Very excited for this fall
JCooke93
Look good yesterday
ncst8wlfpck5
Care to share any details? I know its only drills and practice. Thanks for any updates you give!
JCooke93
BP was good and the Infielders look good but the OF still have some work to do the Catchers are TBA
pack2010
2022 fall roster is out. No big surprises that I notice (someone can spot check me) except don't see 1 of the 3 JUCO arms, Jacob Widener. Not really a blow considering the number of arms we have, but he was a big lefty that could run it up there velo wise despite control issues.

Cool to see Canaan Silver coming back. Not sure what we will get from him, Tillery or Whitaker, but never a bad thing to have experience in arms. But you would have to think some of the younger guys can beat them out (but I think Silver can be a situational LHP).

https://gopack.com/sports/baseball/roster/2022?&sort=position
JCooke93
No Jacob Widener hm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.