Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,646 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
pack2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How's this for a lineup? imagine

C- Tresh
1st- Tommy White
2nd- JT
SS- Hood
3rd- D Brown
OF Butler
OF Tatum
OF Craig
DH anyone
DJncsu13
pack2010 said:

C- Tresh
1st- Tommy White
2nd- JT
SS- Hood
3rd- D Brown
OF Butler
OF Tatum
OF Craig
DH anyone

Need Soles somewhere.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
wilmwolf
Also important to remember that a guy not getting drafted isn't necessarily a guarantee they will come back to school.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pack2010
DJncsu13 said:

pack2010 said:

C- Tresh
1st- Tommy White
2nd- JT
SS- Hood
3rd- D Brown
OF Butler
OF Tatum
OF Craig
DH anyone

Need Soles somewhere.

he can DH
Bas2020
Possible that some of our guys are so pissed about what happened in Omaha that they may come back ? Or is that wishful thinking .

Can we help these guys out with NIL $$$ possibly ? Haven't seen that discussed .
Tom OBriens Smile
I'm still not sure how the school can help too much with NIL $, but if JT Jarrett can get on with Barstool, I'd be willing to bet any prominent member of the #Pack9 from this past season would be able to cash in a bit with them. I still feel like we're underestimating impact that shortening the draft alongside the increased pool of players due to COVID eligibility is going to have on what these kids do. Baseball is in a period of total transformation and I wouldn't just assume anything based on previous years when the decision was totally different. Hope we can get 3-4 of these guys back, and it looks like we just might.
packwest
Like Miami. Pay the kids for use of their images and likeness in advertising for games.

$500 for being on the game ticket. $250 for being on the side of a wolf line bus. Etc.
Bas2020
Seems like you can hold some baseball camps and pay these guys for helping to instruct or give private lessons with youth teams .

No mention of Reid coming back ? That would be a game changer .
JCooke93
Matt is also now apart of barstools
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm not totally surprised Tresh fell, I thought he was ranked a little too high by most. I'm really surprised nobody took a chance on Butler today, he's done pretty much all you can do at the college level, and was incredibly consistent. Obviously if we get any of those guys back it is great for us, but I'm disappointed for the guys at the same time too. We'll see how it shakes out.
I don't think Butler is a tools guy, could be why he slid?

Also, he was the ACC Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Do academics matter to him to that degree?
Colonel Armstrong
Wow that would be absolutely awesome if some of those guys came back. Butler in particular. He'd have to to be potential player of the year in the ACC right?
gopack1979
No reason Menshik would t come back either.
pack2010
gopack1979 said:

No reason Menshik would t come back either.
school is very expensive for international players (students), even with scholarship $
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I'm not totally surprised Tresh fell, I thought he was ranked a little too high by most. I'm really surprised nobody took a chance on Butler today, he's done pretty much all you can do at the college level, and was incredibly consistent. Obviously if we get any of those guys back it is great for us, but I'm disappointed for the guys at the same time too. We'll see how it shakes out.
I don't think Butler is a tools guy, could be why he slid?

Also, he was the ACC Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Do academics matter to him to that degree?

Well, hard to know much in the field playing LF, but he has speed, led the team in stolen bases this year.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
And he graduated already as a returning So and he is the oldest player on the team
BigLefty24
wilmwolf80 said:

Agree. I don't see it.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

wolfpack1437
If anyone is positioned to make bank with NIL, it's Mensik. Dude is one of the few international baseball stars in his country
packwest
wolfpack1437 said:

If anyone is positioned to make bank with NIL, it's Mensik. Dude is one of the few international baseball stars in his country

Hold on. Mensik isn't from America? Why did that never come up during the CWS? I can't believe the announcers let that human interest story go untold. I wonder how Avent found him?
pack2010
a couple mini updates from summer league-

pitcher tristan sipple got his first work out of the summer and went 2 innings and struck out 5. 1 walk, 0 hits, 0 runs. He is a promising left handed arm. Was my sleeper coming into this year, but didn't get much opportunity (only 5.2 IPs).

Eddie Eisert is hitting .350 in 20 plate appearances over 9 games. Has 6 walks as well for a .500 OBP. Very solid numbers for sure. Depending on the draft, he could have a big role next year

Saw John Miralia threw 5 innings this summer (hasn't thrown since June 24). 5 innings 6 Ks 0 walks. 5 hits. 3.60 ERA

Chase Nixon hit .250 in the CPL, but appears to be done
113Chamberlain
If this was sarcasm then I'm sorry and please disregard but its early so my radar may not be working yet, I also figured this was a jab at the announcers groveling over the opposing pitchers.

But didn't they mention it quite often? lol

JCooke93
3B/SS/2B/1B/DH Eddie could be for us in 2022
packwest
Sarcasm.
James Henderson
Staff
bsorry11 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Hold on. Mensik isn't from America? Why did that never come up during the CWS? I can't believe the announcers let that human interest story go untold. I wonder how Avent found him?
Hilarious
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Someone has jokes
FlockaWolf
The barstool athlete isn't a paid partnership. They've announced hundreds of kids as barstool athletes and no sign of slowing down. I think at best they get some free barstool gear to wear and maybe a s/o along the way.
3rdGenPacker
I think at this point you see Tresh come back, but I don't see Butler coming back. I don't know anything, but it just seems like he can't do much more than he did this year to improve his stock.

Brown and Tatum will be interesting decisions.
JCooke93
No
JCooke93
I like it
Tom OBriens Smile
Right, I'm just saying because of Portnoy and the support they threw behind that specific team during the CWS. Hard to say what any of these projects will bring the kids.
JCooke93
Hopefully
pack2010
As good as yesterday went, today was just as tough. Decision time for our guys. However assuming d brown comes back after going undrafted, getting him back and tommy white on campus is massive
EthanBarry
Staff
You can go ahead and sharpie in Tommy White and Devonte Brown in some order in the middle of the lineup. That's certainly a nice place to start
rwwalsh
anyone know anything about this kid? The team twitter account RTd but I can't find anything on him ever coming here
JCooke93
Tucker Michell new Catcher 14 round in the draft

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.