Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,621 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bcwhitl2 said:

Is there any chance Josh Hood gets drafted or do we feel pretty good about him being on campus next year?
Oh yeah, there's a chance. Depends on how bad he wants another year of school, IMO. It's probably in the best interest of his bank account to play one more year.

There's just no way of knowing what these kids tell teams that contact them. Some say they're going to college so don't draft them. Some say they have a certain number in mind and if a team can pay it they'll sign (usually way too high) and some don't say a thing. Who knows.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bcwhitl2
CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Is there any chance Josh Hood gets drafted or do we feel pretty good about him being on campus next year?
Oh yeah, there's a chance. Depends on how bad he wants another year of school, IMO. It's probably in the best interest of his bank account to play one more year.

There's just no way of knowing what these kids tell teams that contact them. Some say they're going to college so don't draft them. Some say they have a certain number in mind and if a team can pay it they'll sign (usually way too high) and some don't say a thing. Who knows.

Can't get attached to baseball recruits until they're on the official roster! Haha
Pack87
Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Can't get attached to baseball recruits until they're on the official roster! Haha

That is pretty much the case with all our sports!
CLTWolf
Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

The one's that really hurt are those like the lefty from Wilmington from a couple years ago (Walston), who wasn't really on any draft boards until ridiculously late in the process. All of a sudden he's selected in the 1st round and is a goner.

Btw, what a crazy good recruiting class that 2019 class ended up being.
Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

Now that I think of it, 2017 was a damn good class too.
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

The one's that really hurt are those like the lefty from Wilmington from a couple years ago (Walston), who wasn't really on any draft boards until ridiculously late in the process. All of a sudden he's selected in the 1st round and is a goner.

Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

This one is more highly regarded than any in the past, no? There's a top ten pick, another couple top 150 guys and a bunch more guys who could get a look.
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

This one is more highly regarded than any in the past, no? There's a top ten pick, another couple top 150 guys and a bunch more guys who could get a look.
I was speaking more of college output as well but hopefully this class yields several studs as well.
Bcwhitl2
I'll still never get over sitting beside Will Wilson in a class fall of his freshman year and asking him if he thought he would get any ABs that year. Hahaha he got a few to say the least
JCooke93
Chase Nixon DH/1B/OF is going to be a good player and So is Wil Marcy infielder
JCooke93
And more than likely David Harrison is probably going to be coming back
JCooke93
And Garrett Payne will probably be a midweek SP for us next season
JCooke93
Also have 7 incoming FR Pitcher's
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

Also have 7 incoming FR Pitcher's
Hey buddy! Get us those JUCO guys names!!
JCooke93
I am trying Ok
CLTWolf
JCooke93 said:

I am trying Ok
You are the man!
Colonel Armstrong
Program is in good shape for next year, just nearly impossible to replace all that production in the lineup without some drop off
JCooke93
Yup
CLTWolf
Logan Bender is on the D1 baseball transfer list as a grad transfer.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

Will never understand what happened to him. Great numbers at campbell, video game numbers at juco, never got it done here. Unfortunate, had high hopes for him

Edit to add- any other of our guys on there besides the catchers and him? Hopeful we can hang out to some of those young pitchers and falsken and eisert
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

Will never understand what happened to him. Great numbers at campbell, video game numbers at juco, never got it done here. Unfortunate, had high hopes for him

Edit to add- any other of our guys on there besides the catchers and him? Hopeful we can hang out to some of those young pitchers and falsken and eisert

Nope. Just Carnazzo and Bender. Of course we know from the tweeters that Behmer is out.
EthanBarry
Staff

This is a big deal. Today is a big hurdle to retaining anybody thinking of leaving
aqasaw234
EthanBarry said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

How highly regarded was Highfill coming out of Apex? National recruit or did we find a steal/hidden gem?

I ask because, if i'm not mistaken, Trea Turner only had two offers coming out of high school (State and FAU). Dude ended up being the #13 pick in his draft class. Not sure if that's more normal in baseball vs other sports, or if Avent just has a knack for finding talent everyone else overlooks.
braz213
https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=460951

So Perfect Game had him as the 20th ranked player in the State. Behind Soles, Pace, and CJ Neese. Listed him as 3rd/RH but ranked him as a 3rd baseman. 30th 3rd baseman in the nation. Not sure which site is the best for rankings but Perfect Game is always the first site that pops up for rankings when I Duck Duck go a playa.
CLTWolf
aqasaw234 said:

EthanBarry said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

How highly regarded was Highfill coming out of Apex? National recruit or did we find a steal/hidden gem?

I ask because, if i'm not mistaken, Trea Turner only had two offers coming out of high school (State and FAU). Dude ended up being the #13 pick in his draft class. Not sure if that's more normal in baseball vs other sports, or if Avent just has a knack for finding talent everyone else overlooks.
Trea was always small growing up. I believe he was something like 5'4 as a FR in HS. But Coach Hart's brother (I think this is accurate) was at FAU at the time (or maybe he was a scout, can't remember) and both Dickie and Chris saw Trea in HS and Trea wanted to play at a big school. Trea was also drafted his SR year of HS in the 20th round by the Pirates which is crazy.
pack2010
aqasaw234 said:

EthanBarry said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

CLTWolf said:

Bcwhitl2 said:

Just about, yep!

Blake Walston
Chris Villaman
Jose Torres
Sam Highfill
Matt Willadsen
Austin Murr

Avent has a knack, for sure. Our lineup this year

Tresh- National recruit
Murr- JUCO low ranked out of HS
Jarrett- not highly recruited
Torres- National recruit
Mensik- international
Butler- JUCO low HS rank
McDonough- low ranked out of HS
Brown- top 400ish player, so a notch below high level recruit
Tatum- same as brown

Of the 5 pitchers we primarily used this year, 4 of the 5 were more lightly recruited. Villaman was a National recruit

Used perfect game to form my opinions but majority of this year were not highly recruited guys. But everyone has a different opinion on what is a National/highly ranked guy for baseball
aqasaw234
crazy about brown. with that kind of elite athleticism and playing in the state of georgia, you'd think he would've been a can't miss prospect.
JCooke93
Former GT Committed
braz213
JCooke93 said:

Former GT Committed
Brown was committed to GT and flipped to us? I know tyler mcdonough was committed to Missouri and flipped to us.
CLTWolf
braz213 said:

JCooke93 said:

Former GT Committed
Brown was committed to GT and flipped to us? I know tyler mcdonough was committed to Missouri and flipped to us.

Dalton Feeney was committed to Missouri at one time as well.
JCooke93
And so was Tyler
pack2010
incoming transfer rumor out there, local (ish) kid. if it doesn't materialize soon, i'll drop the name
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

incoming transfer rumor out there, local (ish) kid. if it doesn't materialize soon, i'll drop the name
I'm going to assume this is Dom Pilolli from Charlotte. He's been following the coaches along with State baseball and football accounts for a lil bit on the twitters. Would be a really really good addition if it turns out and he's healthy. You can plug him into CF.

Been trying to figure out what he injured and how bad for a minute with no luck.
JCooke93
Drop name please
JCooke93
He is like everything NC State Baseball on Twitter
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

I'm going to assume this is Dom Pilolli from Charlotte. He's been following the coaches along with State baseball and football accounts for a lil bit on the twitters. Would be a really really good addition if it turns out and he's healthy. You can plug him into CF.

Been trying to figure out what he injured and how bad for a minute with no luck.

Are you a detective
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Drop name please

CLT got it. We'll see if it happens

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.