Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,668 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCooke93 said:

By tennis
Isn't that permitted during the week with school in session?
James Henderson
Staff
JCooke93 said:

And I am not sure about the Truitt thing
What is this referring to/
JCooke93
Not if you have handicap
JCooke93
No if he was it would have happened
JCooke93
Someone saying about Truitt starting
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

No if he was it would have happened
He still could...after the fall. All his buddies off last year's team are gone. He may miss them and fell like a third whell. Only he and Brown are left from the position players last year. I think he could consider it especially if the new guys push him and wants to get in to coaching with his father. J.T. is one of my favorites from last year. Intangibles galore. But his range at second limits what he can do defensively. He catches nearly everything he gets to, but others may cover more ground. The more balls played, the better off State is. Look at the braves in the middle infield. Swanson and Albies are studs defensively. The middle defense is really important to winning games. J.T. turns a nice double play. He puts the ball in play at the plate often, especially in big moments. He will likely start if he is here but I can see his playing time limited because of numbers. If that is the case, he could talk to Dad later. I just wondered what you had seen and heard. Thanks for the info.

Does J.T. play with Hood most of the time in the fall? I think Hood will be at SS the most next year.
JCooke93
Most of the time yes
JCooke93
And Right now we have 3 leadoff hitters and JT is one of them
EthanBarry
Staff
It makes no sense for JT to leave. It's not even a guarantee he would get more time at ND if he did. If nobody was able to take his spot last year, why would it happen this year?
JCooke93
Thank you
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

And Right now we have 3 leadoff hitters and JT is one of them
Thanks....just asking
gopack1979
We are the biggest Chicken Littles... Sheesh just sit back and enjoy the ride. Can't keep looking for the bad in everything!
JCooke93
No worries
Packsd14me
EthanBarry said:

It makes no sense for JT to leave. It's not even a guarantee he would get more time at ND if he did. If nobody was able to take his spot last year, why would it happen this year?
So a transfer will play short, we have two hitters that will play first and third and by all accounts hitting well....and another transfer, also hitting well, that transferred in and played many games at 2B last year. Groover is very smooth and won a Gold Glove in high school in Cobb County, a hot bed of baseball. He is good defensively, too and was listed as a middle infielder. Lots of competition. That's why I asked. You never know what Avent and company have told players and what opportunities are available this year versus last year.

Besides ND had two MI back but lost their corners. Their second baseman played third too. And one of their third basemen pitches. I think ND could use an infielder but I really don't know about their recruits or bench. Link Jarrett was a National Coach of the year, right? He may not even want or need his son, who knows?

I was just typing what I was afraid might happen, not expecting it to happen. If J.T. sees the writing on the wall to play less than last year, he may opt to leave. I am not pushing him away....but I don't know what Avent is thinking or saying to the players in private either. J.T. could be the captain, again who knows?
JCooke93
Groover will find a spot anywhere
JCooke93
Right now corner of is the question mark
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Right now corner of is the question mark
So Green, Giles and Groover at third and who is at first? I am assuming you are saying Hood and Jarrett have the middle.
JCooke93
I ment Outfield corner
JCooke93
White
Eisert
Brown
All at 3B
JCooke93
Hood and Green at SS
JCooke93
Groover and JT at 2B
pack2010
1st groover
2nd JT
SS Hood/green (have heard they are looking at Hood in the OF)
3rd- White

Backups for the IF- eisert and Giles at the corners, whoever doesn't start at short up the middle
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

I ment Outfield corner
Gotcha...lot of choices there.
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

1st groover
2nd JT
3rd- White

Backups for the IF- eisert and Giles at the corners, whoever doesn't start at short up the middle
Thanks...is White better defensively than Groover? That's good if he is. Green better defensively than Hood is something I was not expecting. Lots of bodies here and in the outfield.

Brown, Truitt, Pilolli, Lavoie, Soles.....outfileders...of course one of those will be a DH....sounds promising...

But I think Green and Hood will play....I thought the loser would move to third and the loser, best hitter at third would move to first. Anyone can DH.
wilmwolf
Perhaps we will see more of a rotation of guys at certain positions, perhaps situationally based on pitching matchups, this coming year than last. Last year's position players were set in stone pretty much, which was great for us and part of what let us play so well, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more guys rotated in.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
EthanBarry
Staff
We can play these games and come up with hundreds of combos, but for me the biggest question is can Tommy White play third at an acceptable level? IMO, the rest of the defense will be shaped around whether he's at first, third or DH. Nobody knows the answer to that right now
JCooke93
White will be at 3B
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

1st groover
2nd JT
3rd- White

This makes a lot of sense if White can handle third. Of course, Green has to handle short for it to work too
EthanBarry
Staff
Packsd14me said:

EthanBarry said:

So a transfer will play short, we have two hitters that will play first and third and by all accounts hitting well....and another transfer, also hitting well, that transferred in and played many games at 2B last year. Groover is very smooth and won a Gold Glove in high school in Cobb County, a hot bed of baseball. He is good defensively, too and was listed as a middle infielder. Lots of competition. That's why I asked. You never know what Avent and company have told players and what opportunities are available this year versus last year.

Besides ND had two MI back but lost their corners. Their second baseman played third too. And one of their third basemen pitches. I think ND could use an infielder but I really don't know about their recruits or bench. Link Jarrett was a National Coach of the year, right? He may not even want or need his son, who knows?

I was just typing what I was afraid might happen, not expecting it to happen. If J.T. sees the writing on the wall to play less than last year, he may opt to leave. I am not pushing him away....but I don't know what Avent is thinking or saying to the players in private either. J.T. could be the captain, again who knows?
I get it. I think if State had asked him to leave it would've happened already, same with Link asking him to come play for him. I've thought somebody would push him out of the lineup for four years now, now he's got a passable OPS with excellent defense, plus he was clutch in June. State doesn't have many sure things next year, but he's one of them.

Different things they can do with Groover, I think first is most likely. Lavoie is kind of the forgotten man though, he could factor in there too
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

Packsd14me said:

EthanBarry said:

I get it. I think if State had asked him to leave it would've happened already, same with Link asking him to come play for him. I've thought somebody would push him out of the lineup for four years now, now he's got a passable OPS with excellent defense, plus he was clutch in June. State doesn't have many sure things next year, but he's one of them.

Different things they can do with Groover, I think first is most likely. Lavoie is kind of the forgotten man though, he could factor in there too
I thought Lavoie would've been at first as well but seems like he's been OF (RF) all the way since he hit campus. Played OF pretty much the entire summer as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

1st groover
2nd JT
3rd- White

This makes a lot of sense if White can handle third. Of course, Green has to handle short for it to work too
Hood is 100% getting a look out there. Does it happen? No idea. It was tweeted how smooth he was at SS the other day too
JCooke93
D.Giles20 is going to be the 1B
JCooke93
Yes White is going to be 3B and Hood and Green rotate
JCooke93
Also have some other Outfielders
JCooke93
I agree

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.