Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,661 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
packwest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I assume he's referring to UNC-CH as a whole.....not the individual players. Maybe not.
JCooke93
Oh ok
FlockaWolf
Wow State fans not agreeing that unc sucks. Crazy world.
pack4life11
So if JT is now linked with Barstool for NIL sponsorship, wouldn't that indicate that he's coming back?
JCooke93
Maybe
James Henderson
Staff
What about this Trey Truitt kid who is on the official roster? Someone give me the SCOOP!!
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

What about this Trey Truitt kid who is on the official roster? Someone give me the SCOOP!!
Looks like he was pretty heavily recruited out of HS and had a final 4 of ecu, unc, clemson and miami. Also was a pretty decent football player as well out of HS. Don't know why he left ecu.

He's playing in the Northwoods League up in Michigan this summer (or he was, not sure if he's still up there) and was playing well if you go by the box scores.

https://scorebook.northwoodsleague.com/standalone/game/724/stats/player/3644

Played Center and Right this summer up there. Has some speed.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
packwest
This may have been discussed elsewhere:

Klyman exhausted his eligibility, correct?

Harrison still has a year, and we're waiting to hear about whether he's reinstated? Any update?
tau06
bsorry11 said:

JCooke93 said:

Just saw on a UNC Chapel Hill board that some big tar heels are in the portal
Any reason why they would lose key contributors?

New coach that didn't recruit them and being in Chapel Hill for 4 years sounds miserable to me so maybe they are starting to come around and see what the real dark side is? Fine by me either way
CLTWolf
tau06 said:

bsorry11 said:

JCooke93 said:

New coach that didn't recruit them and being in Chapel Hill for 4 years sounds miserable to me so maybe they are starting to come around and see what the real dark side is? Fine by me either way

Scott Forbes has been in CH for awhile and probably recruited most of that team.

I do get you're trying to be sarcastic some too.
JCooke93
I am excited
tau06
CLTWolf said:

tau06 said:

bsorry11 said:

JCooke93 said:

Scott Forbes has been in CH for awhile and probably recruited most of that team.

I do get you're trying to be sarcastic some too.
I was. But also, just because a coach was an assistant for a while doesn't mean he won't run things different as the head man in charge. Could be any myriad of things that maybe rubbed a kid the wrong way.
JCooke93
So JT is coming back
JCooke93
Oh yeah so is David Harrison
EthanBarry
Staff
JCooke93 said:

Oh yeah so is David Harrison

Not sure you can overstate how big of a deal is. Now you've got three proven weekend starters... and that doesn't include Villaman
rangerA
Forgive me for not knowing but how good is David Harrison supposed to be? Just know he got suspended
pack2010
rangeramos said:

Forgive me for not knowing but how good is David Harrison supposed to be? Just know he got suspended

He's good. Fringe weekend guy, very good in midweek. Lefty arm that sits in the low 90s with a plus change. After his freshman year where he struggled, he put up ERAs of 2.67 and 2.75 in 50+ innings with more than a strike out per inning. Could be a weekend guy, or big key out of the pen next year
Ellesdad
So one poster says he's a "proven weekend guy" and you can't overstate how big it is he's coming back. Another poster says he's a solid mid-week starter.

Kinda confused on this one LOL. He's basically either Clayton Kershaw or the infamous "just a guy."
wilmwolf
Proven weekend guy doesn't necessarily mean he has to be a weekend starter. He's pitched high leverage, ACC innings on the weekend as a left handed arm. I could see a role similar to Villaman this year, mid week starter that can come in and give you shutdown innings on the weekend. He's a known quantity, as the stats above laid out.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pack2010
Is Eisert a 2 way player at all? He threw a perfect inning in summer league tonight after starting at 2nd base. Not sure if maybe the coaches want to see what he can do, or what the deal is
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
Wait what
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Wait what
Saw it on twitter and checked it out. It was an 11-4 game, so maybe they were just having fun, but here is the box score

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/boxscore.html?gameid=564278

1.0 Innings 1 K. 13 pitches. 10 strikes.

I mean....... not terrible. not terrible at all. He pitched a little bit in HS, but didn't look like he was used too often on the mound.

He also went 1-3 with 2 walks and 5 assists at 2nd base tonight. Looking at his perfect game profile, he is a combine warrior. Also, off the top of my head he is the 2nd highest rated kid on our roster behind Villaman (according to perfect game). I really think he has a bright future in Raleigh. His size/speed/arm/exit velo was all top of his class. Lets hope it comes together next year
AlleyPack
Is it 100% certain that Harrison will be back with the team next year?
Has there been any official statement from the school yet, post-legal-troubles?
Ripper
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

Wait what
Saw it on twitter and checked it out. It was an 11-4 game, so maybe they were just having fun, but here is the box score

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/boxscore.html?gameid=564278

1.0 Innings 1 K. 13 pitches. 10 strikes.

I mean....... not terrible. not terrible at all. He pitched a little bit in HS, but didn't look like he was used too often on the mound.

He also went 1-3 with 2 walks and 5 assists at 2nd base tonight. Looking at his perfect game profile, he is a combine warrior. Also, off the top of my head he is the 2nd highest rated kid on our roster behind Villaman (according to perfect game). I really think he has a bright future in Raleigh. His size/speed/arm/exit velo was all top of his class. Lets hope it comes together next year
Not sure what to make of Eisert on the mound, but if he is somehow a pitching "diamond in the rough" and turns out to be a solid pitcher, that would be sweet.
Pakbackr
I think we've only seen glimpses of how good Harrison is. Given that he will be two years older (and stronger) than when we last saw him in meaningful action...perhaps with renewed motivation...he could be very good!
JCooke93
I agree
JCooke93
Oh yeah and we have 2 Pitcher's who are coming back from injury
James Henderson
Staff
Not concerned with pitching; it's the lineup.
castlewood107
Pace and Nelson right?
castlewood107
If we get a little bit of draft luck -- Tommy White falling, Murr and Reid not getting a good offer, etc. -- next season looks like a reload.

I am really excited about the variety of arms we have behind the proven top of the staff.
JCooke93
Yes
JCooke93
And maybe Payton Green
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

Not concerned with pitching; it's the lineup.
Trey Truitt hitting over .300 with a wooden bat is a great sign. People I've asked around here in CLT say Truitt is a legit talent.

Trendon Craig is a STUD. I've been told as much by some ex teammates at Louisburg College that keep up with the team still. One is a HS coach up in NY who talks with college coaches, State's included. They say he's the real deal.

If we get Dom Pilolli from Charlotte, that will be a big addition, IMO. Kid can move and his bat was progressing. Dude can cover some ground in the OF.

There's potentially your OF and we should have Noah Soles back as well who flashed as FR. That's 4 guys for 3 spots.

Getting Payton Green would go a long way to help that lineup as well. I'll believe Tommy White plays in college when I see it but getting that bat in the lineup would be huge. Let's hope his monetary requirements are too rich for any team interested.

Josh Hood should be able to play up. I look at the kid at Duke from Penn this year and he had a pretty big season for them. Hood's defense is something that I worry about but his bat should play. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hood at 3B and Green (assuming he makes it) at SS.

Would really like to know if we have a JUCO catcher coming in, if so, who. Cozart is supposed to be really good but there's only so many Patrick Baileys out there that make it to school.

I think it's obvious the lineup won't be as nasty as this year but with the pitching staff we're slated to have we should be able to win some games if certain kids show up and those with the talent play up to it.
JCooke93
I am very excited

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.