Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,614 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
castlewood107
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you. I go to the baseball schedule page on gopack and dont see 2022 on the drop down. Most ACC teams have it up. Just seems odd

https://gopack.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2021
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-12-20-21/

27th??? Am I missing something - I thought we'd be preseason top 15ish??
I'm not saying they aren't a reputable publication (ok, that's exactly what I'm saying haha) but...

Does Lou and Diane Pavlovich handle this by themselves? Looks like it's just the two of them.

Top 20ish sounds about right to me. We did lose a poop ton of talent.

I think d1 will have us in the top 15. Respect from last season + they had our 3 transfers ranked really high on their list.

We lost a lot of talent but those transfers + a couple freshmen and we'll be good on offense, IMO
EthanBarry
Staff
chippertorry said:

EthanBarry said:

Figure this'll be a slow starting team as the new guys get settled and lineup is figured out and Willadsen/Highfill ramp up. Don't know how they compare to the rest of the country talent wise
Agreed. Don't forget about Villaman who might have the most upside of anyone on the roster and best pure stuff on the pitching staff.

Certainly didn't forget about him just did t include him because I don't think he'll be on the same ramp plan as highfill and willadsen who threw 93 and 83 innings last year. Villaman only threw 60 so I think he'll be full go from the start
JCooke93
I am excited
WolfQuacker
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-12-20-21/

27th??? Am I missing something - I thought we'd be preseason top 15ish??
I'm not saying they aren't a reputable publication (ok, that's exactly what I'm saying haha) but...

Does Lou and Diane Pavlovich handle this by themselves? Looks like it's just the two of them.

Top 20ish sounds about right to me. We did lose a poop ton of talent.

I think d1 will have us in the top 15. Respect from last season + they had our 3 transfers ranked really high on their list.

We lost a lot of talent but those transfers + a couple freshmen and we'll be good on offense, IMO
Edited - Thought I was looking at D1 poll, but was wrong.

Collegiate Baseball Newspaper didn't include State in T25.

metcalfmafia
Can't wait to be back in the stands. It's been too long.
Colonel Armstrong
How are these Coastal draws? UNC and GT should be okay, VT not very good?
JCooke93
VT is good
pack2010
King Leary said:

How are these Coastal draws? UNC and GT should be okay, VT not very good?

Rather play VT compared to Miami or UVA, but VT has some nice players. GT is good. UNC is a fringe top 25 team
JCooke93
Yup
Colonel Armstrong
Thanks for the info guys
JCooke93
Your welcome
pack2010
little blurb from perfect game that was written a couple weeks ago. nothing earth shattering, but the Trey Truitt comments are interesting/intriguing

NC State had the most dissatisfying end to their 2021 campaign following a COVID outbreak in Omaha, and there's no doubting that the Wolfpack boast a dangerous roster in 2022 that ranks among the best in the conference. There are newcomers who should make immediate impacts, but also returning veterans like Devonte Brown and JT Jarrett who are certain to once again be leaders on the team. Trey Truitt had a big fall and has arguably the most power on the team and while Dominic Pilolli didn't play much, he's likely to slot in right away in center as a plus runner and athlete. Newcomer Payton Green had serious draft intrigue and it looks like he'll play right away alongside fellow true freshmen Tommy White and Jacob Cozart, along with transfer Lujames Groover III. Sam Highfill returns on Fridays for State as the right-hander had a solid summer with Team USA and has a full pitch mix. Matt Willadsen has a comparable mix while Chris Villaman will be used in a myriad of roles and has easy velo from the left side with a plus changeup.
JCooke93
I have to disagree with them on that
tau06
Yea i'd be shocked if Tommy White or D. Brown don't have the most power on the team. May be White with nobody really even close to him.
pack2010
tau06 said:

Yea i'd be shocked if Tommy White or D. Brown don't have the most power on the team. May be White with nobody really even close to him.

the fact that he (truitt) is in the convo is big, IMO. might be our 3rd OF with Dom P and devonte brown. but im sure a few guys will get opportunities
castlewood107
VT -- good offense and top 5 pick in Cross who just mashes from the left side. Not many good arms. Fringe bubble team.
UNC -- bubble team/fringe top 25 ... Lost far and away their top arm (Love) and best hitters from bubble team that squeaked in and did nothing in the postseason.
GT -- probably Costal fav with Miami. Great offense. Will be very, very tough series.
JCooke93
I am excited
JCooke93
44 Days
pack2010
#7 Perfect Game preseason ranking. Personally I think that's a bit high right now, I would have them anywhere between 12-18.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=20332&src=hmrep
JCooke93
39 Days
JCooke93
37 days
pack2010
#8 in d1 recruiting class that includes transfers that made it to campus this year

metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

#8 in d1 recruiting class that includes transfers that made it to campus this year

Just imagine where we can go with the new facility.
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

pack2010 said:

Just imagine where we can go with the new facility.

With the talent at the "local" non P5 schools, we could really benefit from the transfer portal in coming years. Taking good players from Elon, uncc, uncw, campbell, etc is something that'll be considered every year now.
JCooke93
Called it
JCooke93
All of the times have been announced for the 2022 Season
TraCha4
The Pack not coming to Wilmington till later in the year. Looks like I am going to have to make a couple trips to Raleigh.
pack2010

Not sure how Tommy white can go from a top 20 overall recruit to #43 on the freshmen list unless they don't think he'll be a regular in the lineup
tau06
pack2010 said:

Not sure how Tommy white can go from a top 20 overall recruit to #43 on the freshmen list unless they don't think he'll be a regular in the lineup

I thought the same thing haha. Doesn't make a ton of sense. Hope they all end up top 10!
JCooke93
Tommy is going to be good
pack2010
less than 30 days out- anyone want to guess a preseason lineup for opening day? would be interesting to see if any of us get close
JCooke93
I do
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

I do

Do it to it. I'll start with mine

CF- Dom P
3rd- Josh hood
RF- d brown
1st- Groover
DH- Tommy white
LF- trey truitt
2nd- JT
SS- green
C- cozart
DJncsu13
I've sent this to James to see if he could post the PDF version here on IPS, but here's the PNG version of the ACC Hat Schedule I made for the 2022 conference weekend series games.

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.