Wolfpack baseball 2022 (36-21, 14-15)

146,634 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Wolfer79
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He has look good at RF
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

D.Giles20 is going to be the 1B

Don't see it. Too much swing and miss from him with other guys having more offensive tools. Maybe I'm wrong
metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

JCooke93 said:

D.Giles20 is going to be the 1B

Don't see it. Too much swing and miss from him with other guys having more offensive tools. Maybe I'm wrong
Agreed.
castlewood107
We are going to see a ton of pitch hitting and R/L matchup-based lineups this year. Should be fun.

I think last year was just so rare to see the same 9 guys out there every day, every inning, with virtually no one getting hit for.
JCooke93
He has had a very good fall
JCooke93
Yup
TraCha4
So D. Brown will not be back in RF?
pack2010
castlewood107 said:

We are going to see a ton of pitch hitting and R/L matchup-based lineups this year. Should be fun.

I think last year was just so rare to see the same 9 guys out there every day, every inning, with virtually no one getting hit for.

This I agree with. I think we'll have 6-7 or so guys that'll play everyday with 2-3 that rotate in due to matchups
JCooke93
He will be in RF and CF
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

He will be in RF and CF
what about Pilolli? Is he a CF?
Packsd14me
EthanBarry said:

Packsd14me said:

EthanBarry said:

It makes no sense for JT to leave. It's not even a guarantee he would get more time at ND if he did. If nobody was able to take his spot last year, why would it happen this year?
So a transfer will play short, we have two hitters that will play first and third and by all accounts hitting well....and another transfer, also hitting well, that transferred in and played many games at 2B last year. Groover is very smooth and won a Gold Glove in high school in Cobb County, a hot bed of baseball. He is good defensively, too and was listed as a middle infielder. Lots of competition. That's why I asked. You never know what Avent and company have told players and what opportunities are available this year versus last year.

Besides ND had two MI back but lost their corners. Their second baseman played third too. And one of their third basemen pitches. I think ND could use an infielder but I really don't know about their recruits or bench. Link Jarrett was a National Coach of the year, right? He may not even want or need his son, who knows?

I was just typing what I was afraid might happen, not expecting it to happen. If J.T. sees the writing on the wall to play less than last year, he may opt to leave. I am not pushing him away....but I don't know what Avent is thinking or saying to the players in private either. J.T. could be the captain, again who knows?
I get it. I think if State had asked him to leave it would've happened already, same with Link asking him to come play for him. I've thought somebody would push him out of the lineup for four years now, now he's got a passable OPS with excellent defense, plus he was clutch in June. State doesn't have many sure things next year, but he's one of them.

Different things they can do with Groover, I think first is most likely. Lavoie is kind of the forgotten man though, he could factor in there too
Thanks Ethan.....I really didn't think they would ask him to leave. He adds a lot with leadership and intangibles. He was one of my favorites last year and hit well in clutch situations. But there is a lot of talent in the infield. I think he may have an option that no one else has. If White, Green, Hood and Groover hit .350 and J.T. hits .260.....well he may see that playing time this year could be limited for him.
We seem to may many more choices than last year
..infield and outfield. Plus two starters on the mound and Harrison back. A nucleus of another good team.

I wasn't trying to say I thought J.T. would be leaving....just wondering in print(instead of out loud) since I think his option is unique.
JCooke93
Soles LF/CF
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Soles LF/CF
Thanks....who are the speed guys in the outfield? I thought that would be Pilolli but is Soles faster?
JCooke93
6innings at 4pmET Today
JCooke93
Dom pilolli still hasn't been cleaned yet because of the injury he had at Charlotte but he is getting very close
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Dom pilolli still hasn't been cleaned yet because of the injury he had at Charlotte but he is getting very close
That is who I thought would be in center...didn't know he was injured.
JCooke93
Happen in the middle of the season
pack2010
Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Soles LF/CF
Thanks....who are the speed guys in the outfield? I thought that would be Pilolli but is Soles faster?

To answer this, both Soles and Dom P were 6.7-6.8 60 guys in HS. Good speed for sure, but hopefully DP can get back to 100%
JCooke93
Scrimmage was good
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Scrimmage was good
anyone stand out?
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Soles LF/CF

To answer this, both Soles and Dom P were 6.7-6.8 60 guys in HS. Good speed for sure, but hopefully DP can get back to 100%
I thought they both ran pretty well previously.
JCooke93
Payne and Sipple and Cooper pitch very well and Cozart had a good game defensively and M.Oldhan31 J.Hood7 and D.Giles20 all hit HR's Yesterday and Hood7 and Green8 did very well at SS yesterday
JCooke93
In my opinion as of right now the 3B are going to be Tommy White and D.Brown3 and 1B is going to be D.Giles20
JCooke93
Dom pilolli did some BP today
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Dom pilolli did some BP today
nice that's a good sign
braz213
Brown will either start at 3rd or RF right? Who is gonna man center?
pack2010
braz213 said:

Brown will either start at 3rd or RF right? Who is gonna man center?

Soles or Dom P is my guess. Unless someone like trey truitt emerges
JCooke93
Soles
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Soles
So Dom sits? Lavoie sits? Hood sits? That seems to be what you are saying....Truiit is left and Brown in right?

Green or Hood best defender at SS?
If Green is better at SS defensively could Hood move to third? White first or DH?

Groover on defense at second .....pretty good right? compared to Jarrett?

Has White played only third or has he play first with Giles?

Just thinking out loud....lots of options but we need a set lineup corner outfield and infield can switch out middle IF need to be on the same page. Maybe can alter CF if they both cover ground

I can see PH for the C in key situations if we carry 3.
Groover hit .351 at Charlotte, he will play somewhere if he hits close to that well again.
JCooke93
No Dom in LF Sole CF brown RF
JCooke93
Tommy White Ranked 3 best FR on Perfect Game USA
JCooke93
Tommy White and Josh Hood with HR's today
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Tommy White and Josh Hood with HR's today
assuming it was a scrimmage, anyone pitch well?

i think the O will be good again, going to need a couple arms to step up
JCooke93
Pitching was a little bit off yesterday but they will be fine
JCooke93
At Duke on May 13-15 2022 on Duke Campus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.