Mar-A-Lago is raided by FBI agents

79,300 Views | 1090 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpackrich1 said:

caryking said:

A Trump lawyer said, this morning, that the President can absolutely designate any document as, unclassified, without any documentation. She went on to say that she wished better documentation would happen; however, it didn't. She eluded that is could be on the Lawyers to keep up with the documentation.

So, if that is all true, no way can they indict and get a conviction. I think they have already played their hand and have to push forward. I also think that this will galvanize Trump supporters as well as independents and some Moderate Democrats hating what's happening to the country.

Remember, I'm saying this with an assumption that the lawyer, this morning, is indeed, true…

There are obstruction charges also.

This is complicated but to me Trump is in trouble. All we can do is let it play out.
Rich, you may be right…. That said, my opinion is that you're reaching a lot. Remember, the world has put Trump through a rectal exam and he continues to move forward.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Wolfpackrich1 said:

This is complicated but to me Trump is in trouble. All we can do is let it play out.
WE'VE GOT HIM THIS TIME!?!?!
Wolfpackrich1
He comes away looking worse every time.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

I predict an October surprise. Whether it's from a report or one of the ever popular "anonymous sources" that always show up at just the right time.

At least we're not talking about the new spending bill and all of the negativity associated with that.
What exactly is an October surprise for Trump going to do for this election. He ain't running and the GOP populists have already **** the bed with their candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Michigan.

It's not for Trump, it would be against him and all the folks he endorses. And because I've seen this movie several times already.

The best one was when Comey published the negative findings on HRC weeks before the election. That left all kinds of open-ended questions about her guilt.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

I predict an October surprise. Whether it's from a report or one of the ever popular "anonymous sources" that always show up at just the right time.

At least we're not talking about the new spending bill and all of the negativity associated with that.
What exactly is an October surprise for Trump going to do for this election. He ain't running and the GOP populists have already **** the bed with their candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Michigan.

It's not for Trump, it would be against him and all the folks he endorses. And because I've seen this movie several times already.

The best one was when Comey published the negative findings on HRC weeks before the election. That left all kinds of open-ended questions about her guilt.

Another good one was the Hunter Biden laptop, but we saw how that was covered up and shut down.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Another good one was the Hunter Biden laptop, but we saw how that was covered up and shut down.

Oh, then I misunderstood you. You said an October surprise when they announced something against one of the candidates and how you'd seen that before.
That doesn't seem to fit the Hunter story, but what do I know

But on that one, let's hope it's covered fairly, though there is zero doubt that it has not been to date
Packchem91
Wolfpackrich1 said:

caryking said:

A Trump lawyer said, this morning, that the President can absolutely designate any document as, unclassified, without any documentation. She went on to say that she wished better documentation would happen; however, it didn't. She eluded that is could be on the Lawyers to keep up with the documentation.

So, if that is all true, no way can they indict and get a conviction. I think they have already played their hand and have to push forward. I also think that this will galvanize Trump supporters as well as independents and some Moderate Democrats hating what's happening to the country.

Remember, I'm saying this with an assumption that the lawyer, this morning, is indeed, true…

Here's something I don't get…if people here and elsewhere can figure out within 24 hrs that Trump could have just declassified all these docs…then surely the prosecutors would know that too, right? I mean, beyond looking political, they'd look stupid if that is how it played out.

So…did Trumps attorneys simply never take the steps to declassify them? Did they have a full inventory of what he had taken….and is it worrisome if they didn't?

Or was the prosecutor just that dumb and think people would be shock amd awed by what he did have, regardless of whether they were declassified?
Packchem91
Disgusting, assuming it's true. I know the mention of civil war has popped up on this site from time to time, but I'd hope the people who mention it would strongly denounce any of these types of actions

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-bulletin-warns-dirty-bomb-threat-increasing-calls-civil-war-after-raid-mar-a-lago
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Lol. Of course he didn't think of that one….
packgrad
Wolfpackrich1 said:

Nah, the TDS crowd does. Swing and miss. Swing and miss. The faux outrage is nonstop.
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

All October surprises are treated equally, right? The media is like Captain America's shield for the democrats.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

His example is is not an example of what he suggested though....of course you didn't think of that.

If he'd said "the media will either break some news on a candidate OR will with hold some evidence" on a candidate....it would have mattered.

Two, i think we all agree, the HRC news break was a great one. It was so fun to watch her unable to speak after having gotten away with pretty much everything for years....and it was one the media could not ignore.
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

All October surprises are treated equally, right? The media is like Captain America's shield for the democrats.

100%

caryking
Packchem91 said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

caryking said:

Here's something I don't get…if people here and elsewhere can figure out within 24 hrs that Trump could have just declassified all these docs…then surely the prosecutors would know that too, right? I mean, beyond looking political, they'd look stupid if that is how it played out.

So…did Trumps attorneys simply never take the steps to declassify them? Did they have a full inventory of what he had taken….and is it worrisome if they didn't?

Or was the prosecutor just that dumb and think people would be shock amd awed by what he did have, regardless of whether they were declassified?
Chem, those are the questions I have…. For me, I'm still waiting and seeing. That said, I don't think the FBI has a real good track record; thus, my pessimism toward this action.

I'm concerned about a rogue Federal Government and waiting for more information…

Joe Biden
caryking
Wolfpackrich1 said:

Or, politics, as usual, looks worse every time…

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/ChQ2QGVtofn
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
dogplasma
caryking said:

I can't say if that's true either, but if it is, it literally makes zero sense. You don't have to document declassification of sensitive defense materials?? That would give any non-sitting President the power to declassify things at any time after the fact just by saying, "Oh yeah, I did that." Which is exactly what Trump is attempting. He's trying to redraw another hurricane forecast with his legal Sharpie, IMO. If the lawyer's claim is true, that's a crazy broken system we have.
packgrad
Kgar2121
DrummerboyWolf said:

Here is Kash Patel, who is a former Federal prosecutor and was on the White House staff.

https://gab.com/KanekoaTheGreat/posts/108822744089126158
The last minute or so of this video is huge. And probably dead on, balls accurate.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Will someone please pay attention to Hokie? I'm heading to the lake house for the weekend.

Glad to see you once again deflected to another topic and totally glossed over the discussion at hand.

Typical of a spoiled petulant whiny millennial!!

Have a good weekend guys!!!!
also irony. You calling everyone MARXISTS yet you are the only confirmed Water Cooler poster to actually donate to Elizabeth Warren
This is a flat out LIE. And you damn well know it.

When you lied about donating $1 each time I posted the word "MARXIST" I called your bluff.

You went on the her donation website and put in a dollar amount in the box marked "donation amount." You sent the screen shot of that. I asked you to provide the screen shot of your receipt. You dug yourself deeper into the lie when you said it contained your "banking information."

Which everyone who has ever performed transactions online knew that the lie had been exposed at that point. But yet you doubled down and claimed that you sent an additional donation when I bombed you and the thread with the word "MARXIST" being the only word on the post. I believe it was repeated a couple hundred times give or take.

To further prove your blatant dishonesty and lies I went to the same site and entered in an amount, took a screen shot and posted the same exact thing you did when you fraudulently claimed that you sent money.

So no, I did not donate to Elizabeth Warren and there was NEVER a confirmation posted, sent, discussed etc... I posted the screen shot to prove to you and everyone else you NEVER sent any money and all you did was exactly what I did. Enter in an amount, take a screen shot and not hit "make donation now." And I made it clear that is exactly what I did.

You once again have proven yourself to be nothing but a flat out LIAR. It's pretty damn sad that when you can't debate any topic, reply to any topic or even have something of a rational discussion without resorting to lies.

Says a hell of a lot about you and your character to try and spin this story for what it is. Not to mention the other posters watched it play out in real time and only two months later you try and "one-up" me by claiming that I actually sent money.

Pathetic. But again... that is EXACTLY who you are. A message board LIAR.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
dogplasma said:

caryking said:

I can't say if that's true either, but if it is, it literally makes zero sense. You don't have to document declassification of sensitive defense materials?? That would give any non-sitting President the power to declassify things at any time after the fact just by saying, "Oh yeah, I did that." Which is exactly what Trump is attempting. He's trying to redraw another hurricane forecast with his legal Sharpie, IMO. If the lawyer's claim is true, that's a crazy broken system we have.
Beyond the question of whether declassification can actually work that way, and whether Trump actually did declassify documents that way while sitting as president, such declassification would not necessarily provide a defense with respect to the statutes listed on the search warrant.

Take 18 U.S. Code 793 (a/k/a "The Espionage Act"), for example. That statute does not refer at all to classification levels. Rather, it uses phrases like "relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation." Information designated "TS/SCI" would necessarily meet this definition.

A potential problem for Trump is that, even if he could declassify any and all documents with out any memorialization either before, during, or after, he cannot change the essential nature of the information contained in those documents. If the information met the definitions of 18 U.S. Code 793 before he declassified the document then it still met that definition after he did so.

I'm not sure how the various explanations of how and why the documents in question were supposedly declassified paint Trump in anything like a positive light (beyond a desire to get him off the hook for violating the listed statutes). If he truly was haphazardly declassifying anything that went out the door on the way to Florida - including information classified at the most sensitive levels - without any of the normal deliberative (and documented) procedures, I'm not sure how that describes him as anything but an awful steward of our national security.
BBW12OG
dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Dear Leader did it with 33 million documents he refused to turn over when he left the White House? Are you familiar with that story?

No... you know why? Because the MSM is nothing but the propaganda arm for your MARXIST PARTY.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Dear Leader did it with 33 million documents he refused to turn over when he left the White House? Are you familiar with that story?

No... you know why? Because the MSM is nothing but the propaganda arm for your MARXIST PARTY.
I think you may be less familiar with this story than you think you are. Your preferred information sources may not have let you know about the statement issued by The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regarding documents from the Obama administration:

Quote:

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Beyond the question of whether declassification can actually work that way, and whether Trump actually did declassify documents that way while sitting as president, such declassification would not necessarily provide a defense with respect to the statutes listed on the search warrant.

Take 18 U.S. Code 793 (a/k/a "The Espionage Act"), for example. That statute does not refer at all to classification levels. Rather, it uses phrases like "relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation." Information designated "TS/SCI" would necessarily meet this definition.

A potential problem for Trump is that, even if he could declassify any and all documents with out any memorialization either before, during, or after, he cannot change the essential nature of the information contained in those documents. If the information met the definitions of 18 U.S. Code 793 before he declassified the document then it still met that definition after he did so.

I'm not sure how the various explanations of how and why the documents in question were supposedly declassified paint Trump in anything like a positive light (beyond a desire to get him off the hook for violating the listed statutes). If he truly was haphazardly declassifying anything that went out the door on the way to Florida - including information classified at the most sensitive levels - without any of the normal deliberative (and documented) procedures, I'm not sure how that describes him as anything but an awful steward of our national security.
Now justify Dear Leader doing the same thing or does he get a pass? He got a pass from the propaganda arm of the MARXIST PARTY the MSM, every lefty politician, every lefty pundit just as Cankles Clinton did.

Two tiered justice system and I challenge you to prove me wrong.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

Disgusting, assuming it's true. I know the mention of civil war has popped up on this site from time to time, but I'd hope the people who mention it would strongly denounce any of these types of actions

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-bulletin-warns-dirty-bomb-threat-increasing-calls-civil-war-after-raid-mar-a-lago
I have zero faith in the fbi right now but that is disgusting that any nut would even consider that if true. Would be terrible for conservatives if something like this were to happen
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Now justify Dear Leader doing the same thing or does he get a pass? He got a pass from the propaganda arm of the MARXIST PARTY the MSM, every lefty politician, every lefty pundit just as Cankles Clinton did.

See my message posted just above yours.
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

I understand not changing the information but it reads to me like this is going to amount to nothing at all but a "political hit job" perpetrated by the left... again..
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

I understand not changing the information but it reads to me like this is going to amount to nothing at all but a "political hit job" perpetrated by the left... again..
I meant my message quoting the National Archives statement from August 12:

Quote:

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.
You challenged me to prove you wrong about Obama doing the same thing Trump is accused of doing. The National Archives already did that last week.
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Quote:

You challenged me to prove you wrong about Obama doing the same thing Trump is accused of doing. The National Archives already did that last week.
Don't think I was proven wrong. The way it was handled is obviously a double standard. Did they raid Dear Leader's home? Did they politicize the process? Why was he allowed a different process?

How long did Dear Leader have in his possession those documents? And if you think NARA is not politicized then, well, there's nothing I can or will try to do to prove it to you because you won't believe it.

We can argue semantics all day long. You are blinded by your hatred for President Trump and will never see the irony in comparing how this situation was handled as opposed to how Dear Leader's situation was handled.

No reason in wasting my time. TDS is strong with you.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Quote:

Don't think I was proven wrong. The way it was handled is obviously a double standard. Did they raid Dear Leader's home? Did they politicize the process? Why was he allowed a different process?

How long did Dear Leader have in his possession those documents? And if you think NARA is not politicized then, well, there's nothing I can or will try to do to prove it to you because you won't believe it.

We can argue semantics all day long. You are blinded by your hatred for President Trump and will never see the irony in comparing how this situation was handled as opposed to how Dear Leader's situation was handled.

There is no evidence that Obama ever had personal possession of documents from his administration outside of National Archives procedures after leaving office, so not clear why there would ever have been a reason to look for such documents at his home. He wasn't "allowed" a different procedure - he actually followed the legally prescribed procedure. Question is why Trump should be allowed a different procedure.
Marco
Trumps in trouble!Y'all can spin it how you want,which sone of you will,no doubt!!Con man is in trouble!Get ready !!
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Quote:

There is no evidence that Obama ever had personal possession of documents from his administration outside of National Archives procedures after leaving office, so not clear why there would ever have been a reason to look for such documents at his home. He wasn't "allowed" a different procedure - he actually followed the legally prescribed procedure. Question is why Trump should be allowed a different procedure.
So the 30 million documents that were gone were not taken by Dear Leader and they didn't have to chase him down to retrieve them? He had "prior" permission... that definitely wasn't the story when if first was reported.

Only now when it comes to light that President Trump may have done the same thing, the media is quick to clean up the story and provide Dear Leader with cover. He did the exact same thing that President Trump did only he doesn't have the MSM running cover for him.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Quote:

There is no double standard.

Obama was requested to have the records secured, he complied

Hillary Clinton was asked to have her server secured, she did not comply, she was subpoenaed, then turned over the server

Trump was requested to have the records secured, he complied, he was then asked to turn over records, he did not comply, he was subpoenaed, did not comply, then there was a search warrant executed.

So right now, there is no double standard, Currently between Trump and Clinton, who both did not comply with the request, are sitting at 1:1 in my opinion with respect to charges.

Should Obama have been charged with something? No
Should Clinton have been charged? Absolutely in my opinion
Should Trump be charged? I don't know

I appreciate your outrage about the situation but I don't think you're really applying common sense here. I implore you to understand how the process happens to get to the point where the FBI executes the search warrant. I've sent this link out before. Take the 45 mins to listen

https://podcast.thedispatch.com/p/fbi-raids-mar-a-lago-what-does-it?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Sarah Isgur worked in the DOJ, she knows the process. It's not this rubber stamp process. It goes through a thorough review.

Also, In my opinion I don't think Garland would risk completely ruining his reputation to sign off on this warrant. I do think he probably didn't think through the politics of this move though, which if you actually take the time to research the man, you will find that during the majority of his career his was most certainly apolitical and RESPECTED by people in both parties.

I find it interesting that you judge my character by one prank that you take personally for some reason, yet you continue to support a person in Trump and even make excuses for his actions that are beyond the pale. Yet you just brush that off as a non issue. You're ok with supporting someone who has lied, is a cheat, and a grifter of donators money, but you're ok with that because you support his "positions" (who really know what Trump believes).

I also find it interesting that you continue to mock me and others that all we want are participation trophies yet your guy is playing the I'm a martyr game. It'd be nice if we could all sit back and see what happens and then hold those who are accountable for this mess, whether it be Trump or his folks or people within the DOJ and FBI.

PS. Still waiting on your rejection of the Cincinnati FBI shooter. I guess if they have the similar beliefs that you do, it's ok to randomly attack a government entity.
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Quote:

There is no double standard.

Obama was requested to have the records secured, he complied

Hillary Clinton was asked to have her server secured, she did not comply, she was subpoenaed, then turned over the server

Trump was requested to have the records secured, he complied, he was then asked to turn over records, he did not comply, he was subpoenaed, did not comply, then there was a search warrant executed.

So right now, there is no double standard, Currently between Trump and Clinton, who both did not comply with the request, are sitting at 1:1 in my opinion with respect to charges.

Should Obama have been charged with something? No
Should Clinton have been charged? Absolutely in my opinion
Should Trump be charged? I don't know

I appreciate your outrage about the situation but I don't think you're really applying common sense here. I implore you to understand how the process happens to get to the point where the FBI executes the search warrant. I've sent this link out before. Take the 45 mins to listen

https://podcast.thedispatch.com/p/fbi-raids-mar-a-lago-what-does-it?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Sarah Isgur worked in the DOJ, she knows the process. It's not this rubber stamp process. It goes through a thorough review.

Also, In my opinion I don't think Garland would risk completely ruining his reputation to sign off on this warrant. I do think he probably didn't think through the politics of this move though, which if you actually take the time to research the man, you will find that during the majority of his career his was most certainly apolitical and RESPECTED by people in both parties.

I find it interesting that you judge my character by one prank that you take personally for some reason, yet you continue to support a person in Trump and even make excuses for his actions that are beyond the pale. Yet you just brush that off as a non issue. You're ok with supporting someone who has lied, is a cheat, and a grifter of donators money, but you're ok with that because you support his "positions" (who really know what Trump believes).

I also find it interesting that you continue to mock me and others that all we want are participation trophies yet your guy is playing the I'm a martyr game. It'd be nice if we could all sit back and see what happens and then hold those who are accountable for this mess, whether it be Trump or his folks or people within the DOJ and FBI.

PS. Still waiting on your rejection of the Cincinnati FBI shooter. I guess if they have the similar beliefs that you do, it's ok to randomly attack a government entity.
Imagine what he (and others) would be saying if Fox's article linked above said the FBI / NYPD, etc were getting bomb threats from Antifa or BLM instead of people angry about the Trump raid. And of course, he'd not be the only one piling on.
packgrad
Lol. Antifa calls in bomb threats every time a conservative speaker speaks on a college campus, but now we're clutching our purses about bomb threats. Same story, different day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.