Mar-A-Lago is raided by FBI agents

79,404 Views | 1090 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed on the DeSantis point. He is my preference as well. Whoever gets the nomination though will get my vote. Democrats need to lose power.
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

All I wants are the facts here, if he is found to have done something pretty serious then he needs to face the consequences…however I don't trust this administration and media to give us those facts. I'm guessing we'll never know 100% what this was all about

This has helped Trump tremendously (thus far) which in turn hurts DeSantis which is a huge bummer to me.

With the newest report that they said they'd turned over all the confidential stuff , I think it is fair to say "did he even know what he had".
That's entirely possible. I mean, it's even plausible. Because the other scenario that they knew and just lied about it - makes zero sense. I think the guy it's too arrogant for his own good, but surely his attorneys would not be that dumb?
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

ETA: and I'll not apologize for calling out Trumps behavior again and again. Guy has made his own bed. He can't get out of his own way. Amd as I've said over and over, at some point a POTUS should have to meet certain behavioral standards. IMO, he does not
Chem, I am glad you don't have to tolerate that angry lib attitude from your spouse.

We agree that he brings much of what piles on him by his abrupt and often rude approach to dealing with the media. I will say though, perhaps you can understand a little of how he feels about the constant witch hunt and attack pieces he is subjected to by being on the receiving end of BBW's attacks. Magnify that with the fact that the media attacks Trump personally (as opposed to a screen name) in person, in print, and without remorse 24/7, partly because he defeated their chosen heir Hillary and partly because he overreacts to nearly any provocation.

I think one of W's greatest attributes was his ability to stay above the fray and ignore the relentless attacks on him and his policies. I think Trump could be so much more effective if he used that approach, although he may have tried it and found that method fruitless.

Yes. But he could not, amd even after losing, appears to still not. Part of his success is that he is a battler, a scrapper. That's tremendous in the business world where you can just declare your position as the boss and get your way.
In politics, it results in the constant in-fighting we saw with such huge turnover of staff, and then our-fighting with anyone who would dare to disagree

Amd of course the media self-serving b's they are - piled on and we're happy to get in the mud. Several of them made their careers doing so, which encouraged the next schmuck to do so (this Michael Bechloss guy has apparently figured out a ton more came and $ to use Twitter to bash Trump than to be a presidential historian he'd been known for, as example).

But that's not going to change either, which is why I think if the GOP backs Trump, we're gonna get 4 more years of Biden and a Dem Congress that becomes even more liberal
packemup
I reluctantly voted Trump in 2016, and I still like Cruz better. But Trump was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't be friends with him, but I liked most of his policies, and I loved how he stood up to the MSM. I voted enthusiastically for him in 2020.

I love DeSantis and think he'll be even better, but I wouldn't mind a Trump / DeSantis ticket this time so we can hopefully have 12 years of good policy. Probably not happening though.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

nah your just 100% close minded like me.
FTFY.

Neither one of you are dumb... sometimes you just act like you are.

True, maybe we should be mature and flag dozens of posts like certain other posters here!
Chem, again.. why stoop to a level, you accuse Trump of doing? Typically, a person is losing when they start ad hominem attacks. No need to answer… were you there when posting that?

Lol. Look above your post. I was answering a criticism from Storm. Amd he knows exactly who I was talking about, because it was him. So, I'll wait for you to call him out as a know it all or saying things that arent conducive to a good discussions.

Or I'll await for you to do same to PG, who pretty much responds the same negative way t anything Civ, Hokie, me or anyone not as right as him posts….I don't think I've ever seen you lecture him?

Chem, why make it about others? Why not think about you?

Just pointing out your hypocrisy. I've noticed those you give your lectures to tend to be the folks who disagree with you…which, in my opinion (see that) makes it more about you than me.
Once again…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
packgrad said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

FTFY.

True, maybe we should be mature and flag dozens of posts like certain other posters here!
Chem, again.. why stoop to a level, you accuse Trump of doing? Typically, a person is losing when they start ad hominem attacks. No need to answer… were you there when posting that?

Lol. Look above your post. I was answering a criticism from Storm. Amd he knows exactly who I was talking about, because it was him. So, I'll wait for you to call him out as a know it all or saying things that arent conducive to a good discussions.

Or I'll await for you to do same to PG, who pretty much responds the same negative way t anything Civ, Hokie, me or anyone not as right as him posts….I don't think I've ever seen you lecture him?

They lying hypocrite is infallible. Please stop allowing him to make every thread about him.
Good point!

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
Quote:

... which is why I think if the GOP backs Trump, we're gonna get 4 more years of Biden and a Dem Congress that becomes even more liberal
There is an argument that Democrats prefer Trump to be the GOP nominee because they believe they can beat him again. For example, Democrats have been funding ads for many of the pro Trump candidates for congress and governor in Republican primaries. They are choosing the most outlandish "Republican" candidates to promote in hopes of defeating legitimate conservative candidates who would be more difficult to beat in the general election. They have already had some success with that strategy in this year's primaries.

I think there is nearly zero chance that Biden or Harris is the Democratic nominee in 2024. Democrats and their mouthpieces in the press have been openly discussing other potential nominees like Gavin Newsom. The Illinois Gov is also testing the waters for a run at the nomination. With Biden's approval rating even among Dems being so low, they won't be floating his name. Harris has even lower approval ratings. Right now, my money is on Newsom.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Agreed on the DeSantis point. He is my preference as well. Whoever gets the nomination though will get my vote. Democrats need to lose power.
That they do, but the reason is truly sad. They're not the party of old and they simply don't believe in convincing the people to elect them anymore, and for that reason, they seek to forever hold power by any means necessary. To paraphrase Daniel Webster, they promise to rule well but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters but they mean to be masters.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

... which is why I think if the GOP backs Trump, we're gonna get 4 more years of Biden and a Dem Congress that becomes even more liberal
There is an argument that Democrats prefer Trump to be the GOP nominee because they believe they can beat him again. For example, Democrats have been funding ads for many of the pro Trump candidates for congress and governor in Republican primaries. They are choosing the most outlandish "Republican" candidates to promote in hopes of defeating legitimate conservative candidates who would be more difficult to beat in the general election. They have already had some success with that strategy in this year's primaries.

I think there is nearly zero chance that Biden or Harris is the Democratic nominee in 2024. Democrats and their mouthpieces in the press have been openly discussing other potential nominees like Gavin Newsom. The Illinois Gov is also testing the waters for a run at the nomination. With Biden's approval rating even among Dems being so low, they won't be floating his name. Harris has even lower approval ratings. Right now, my money is on Newsom.

See, we agree nearly 100% here. I think the Dems want Trump too. But a fractured one….IF this FBI Raif backfires, they'll get a much more powerful one - that's why it makes no sense to me as a political ploy.

And agree on Biden/ Harris. It's phenomenal, but as bad as Biden has been, as many flub ups as he has had….it seems Harris has been worse. I think she'd drag him down now.
Wouldn't it be nuts if Newsome was the guy - he wa nearly recalled in Cali! But he sure has been doing the self-promotion at a national level of late, so your theory seems very possible
Packchem91
Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

That they do, but the reason is truly sad. They're not the party of old and they simply don't believe in convincing the people to elect them anymore, and for that reason, they seek to forever hold power by any means necessary. To paraphrase Daniel Webster, they promise to rule well but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters but they mean to be masters.

In fairness though, who doesn't? One thing I agree with Cary on - the people in DC are all about staying in DC. But that's Dem, GOP, the America First folk and /or the Squad libs. They are all alike in that regard
Packchem91
caryking said:

packgrad said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

FTFY.

They lying hypocrite is infallible. Please stop allowing him to make every thread about him.
Good point!

Lol, surely you see the irony here, right?

I gave my opinions on the situation, but YOU chose to spend multiple posts talking about my style and such.

Not to mention the tone of the post you are agreeing with…which is much worse off line than any post I have in this thread. So you see why I say your rant wa very hypocritical?
PackFansXL
Chem, I have to disagree about the methods being used by progressives these days. Sure, everyone wants to stay in power but progressives are willing to break any and every norm to keep theirs. They can't tolerate even hearing or reading the opinions of people who disagree with them. That's why they are
  • so ruthlessly canceling tenured professors who express any conservative ideas
  • firing opinion editors at NYT for even publishing the opinions of sitting US senators
  • canceling Twitter feeds of conservatives
  • running ads for weak Republicans in Republican primaries
  • illegally protesting personal residences of scotus
  • doxing and threatening anyone who publicly takes a conservative stand
  • promoting statehood for Puerto Rico & DC
  • threatening to end the filibuster
  • pouring billions into the coffers of unions
  • weaponizing the IRS, DOJ, CDC, FDA, etc
  • ignoring laws they don't agree with
  • attacking crisis pregnancy centers
  • promoting transgender conversion of children
  • blocking parents from even knowing of gender dysphoria from their own kids
  • defunding the police
  • wasting money like it's toilet paper
  • promoting racism
  • weakening women's athletics
  • rewriting American history in the worst possible light they can imagine

I could go on but I will stop for now. This is not an old school Democratic party. They have a complicit press willing to prevent conservative viewpoints from even being heard, let alone debated. Truly scary times my friend.
hokiewolf
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

See, we agree nearly 100% here. I think the Dems want Trump too. But a fractured one….IF this FBI Raif backfires, they'll get a much more powerful one - that's why it makes no sense to me as a political ploy.

And agree on Biden/ Harris. It's phenomenal, but as bad as Biden has been, as many flub ups as he has had….it seems Harris has been worse. I think she'd drag him down now.
Wouldn't it be nuts if Newsome was the guy - he wa nearly recalled in Cali! But he sure has been doing the self-promotion at a national level of late, so your theory seems very possible
if this FBI raid backfires, Trump will be the next President.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Chem, I have to disagree about the methods being used by progressives these days. Sure, everyone wants to stay in power but progressives are willing to break any and every norm to keep theirs. They can't tolerate even hearing or reading the opinions of people who disagree with them. That's why they are
  • firing opinion editors at NYT for even publishing the opinions of sitting US senators
  • defunding the police
  • promoting racism

I could go on but I will stop for now. This is not an old school Democratic party. They have a complicit press willing to prevent conservative viewpoints from even being heard, let alone debated. Truly scary times my friend.

I hear you, but I've been hearing about some of those things, like statehood for DC and PR since I was a kid.
Two, A cynic could say the former POTUS tried to overturn the election (though another cynic could point out that so did HRC). As for the canceling, things are more sensitive today, for sure. When people get fired though, I always wonder if there is more to the story than we hear from that person.

The gender stuff and all that…well yes they've jumped the shark. I'm all for treating each other fairly and with respect, but let's have men and women only please.

Now, fully agree on the notion that we no longer have an even remotely partial media that holds them accountable. Crap, the closest thing we have now to calling them in their stuff enough to make you go, "wait a minute, that is some BS" is freaking Bill Maher!

ETA: xl, wanted to amend my earlier statement to say I do agree to your point that it is getting more extreme. This is what concerns me…both parties are pushing lord to the extremes than the centers . The divide will worsen.
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

I agree (opinion).
And a whole lot of people's careers will be derailed who were behind it.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

• defunding the police
  • promoting racism

I hear you, but I've been hearing about some of those things, like statehood for DC and PR since I was a kid.
Two, A cynic could say the former POTUS tried to overturn the election (though another cynic could point out that so did HRC). As for the canceling, things are more sensitive today, for sure. When people get fired though, I always wonder if there is more to the story than we hear from that person.

The gender stuff and all that…well yes they've jumped the shark. I'm all for treating each other fairly and with respect, but let's have men and women only please.

Now, fully agree on the notion that we no longer have an even remotely partial media that holds them accountable. Crap, the closest thing we have now to calling them in their stuff enough to make you go, "wait a minute, that is some BS" is freaking Bill Maher!

ETA: xl, wanted to amend my earlier statement to say I do agree to your point that it is getting more extreme. This is what concerns me…both parties are pushing lord to the extremes than the centers . The divide will worsen.
Chem, I really don't have a problem with people on the extremes. I may not agree with them, from a cultural perspective; however, I'm not one that wants to tell them they are wrong! Now, where I will fight is when people use the government to change laws to their cultural perspective. I'm a big believer in liberty for all! That only happens with fewer laws, not more.

Liberty for all doesn't mean passing a law for one segment. When this happens, another segment loses liberties. More importantly, the cultural perspective has to become normal though law. Do your thing and don't expect special treatment. That goes for my cultural perspective, as well…

Also, businesses that push the cultural world, do so at their own peril. I wish business would be about their business (entertainment, News, sports, food, etc..); however, some chose to push certain cultural perspectives. I try and where I spend my money (best I can).

Regarding government… it's too big!!!! Think about this… the IRS is getting ready to be expanded by 85K+ employees. That would be a massive company!!! Forget what we all "think" they are about to do; rather, contemplate the sheer additional size that's coming. It's staggering to me!!! This is getting done with very few, in congress, talking about the size growth and it's real perspective. Unfortunately, I believe Republicans (generally speaking) would go along with this, if it was for a cause they supported.

Democrats didn't sign up off on all this debt, we have, by themselves! A complicit Republican Party supported them very willingly…

Joe Biden
caryking
Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

If it is all a witch hunt, people "should" have their careers derailed. Actually, they should be jailed. We can't have this type of madness within the government. Again, if this all comes out as being completely political…

At this point, the facts, for me, are squirmy at best. Let's see how it plays out…

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

If it is all a witch hunt, people "should" have their careers derailed. Actually, they should be jailed. We can't have this type of madness within the government. Again, if this all comes out as being completely political…

At this point, the facts, for me, are squirmy at best. Let's see how it plays out…
I've yet to see anyone serving the interests of the deep state, allowed to come to misfortune. Lois Lerner, Bruce Ohr, Christopher Steele, just to name a few. Hillary Clinton's abuse of classified materials was so egregious that we got to watch the FBI go through contortions not to have to do anything about it. If anything, the FBI itself was an accomplice to a coverup. We don't need to see how it plays out, as Tim Scott so ignorantly put it, because we've seen this movie before.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

If it was a witch hunt, I'd agree.
dogplasma
DrummerboyWolf said:

dogplasma said:

I admittedly know nothing aboutthe declassification process, but I feel very certain that it's a process - not just the President waving his hand and intoning - and that the process necessarily includes or ends with removing or modifying the TS cover page and headers. If the docs were still labeled TS, I really doubt they went through that process.

And if the Feds could have had them at any time, why didn't he just fulfill the earlier subpoena? And if declassified, why would it rise to the level of an approved search warrant? Clearly the Feds thought they were TS/classified. I guess someday the affidavit will be released and end the guessing.
The President can declassify anything he wants to. There is no process. He is the Commander in Chief and he has total say on all documents. Now they may try to redact sources, methods, and operators, but if he says to declassify it, then it is supposed to be done.

When they came in June to look at his stuff, he told them they could have anything they wanted. Why did they not take it then?

You made me look, and you're correct. He can literally just decide something is declassified and that's the end of the decision process (except possibly for some Atomic Energy Act provisions which I didn't explore). That's very surprising to me because, where I work, if the paperwork's not done, the job's not done. And to have stuff labeled TS that isn't TS metaphorically or literally mixed in with your cable bills and golf magazines seems like a massive admin blunder.

But, if the President's decision to declassify is never documented, then it might as well have never been made, right? Either it's documented or not, and Trump's people are in the position to have to provide that. If they can provide documentation, then at least the TS aspect is a non-issue. Seems like they should have done that by now.

Also, based on the charges being brought, the TS classification may be a moot point. I think someone already posted this. Taking docs important to national defense even if not TS can still be a big deal.
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/ChPk4v5M-qS
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
GuerrillaPack said:

https://instagr.am/p/ChPk4v5M-qS

Gold.
packgrad

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

The idea it isn't completely political is funny to me. One only needs to look over the similar situations that were glossed over, and the current president's son's documented behavior. Only one side gets raided by the FBI/Justice Department. Completely political.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

The idea it isn't completely political is funny to me. One only needs to look over the similar situations that were glossed over, and the current president's son's documented behavior. Only one side gets raided by the FBI/Justice Department. Completely political.
And just like that, one of the few federal agencies that at least had some respect from the American people is done in, just on that all-too-accurate perception. If I blame Trump for anything related to this, it's putting Wray in charge. I thought he was bad news when Trump put him in, and I can't figure out why Trump didn't see that.
Wolfpackrich1
Merlick Garland will indict Donald Trump. If he does not he will have to resign.
If he does indict he will have the goods and Trump is in big trouble.
bigeric
bigeric
Remember how long Mueller took? You can expect a similar time line here.

Garland will perforce submit his resignation to the new President after the Inauguration.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Steve Videtich
I predict an October surprise. Whether it's from a report or one of the ever popular "anonymous sources" that always show up at just the right time.

At least we're not talking about the new spending bill and all of the negativity associated with that.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

I predict an October surprise. Whether it's from a report or one of the ever popular "anonymous sources" that always show up at just the right time.

At least we're not talking about the new spending bill and all of the negativity associated with that.
What exactly is an October surprise for Trump going to do for this election. He ain't running and the GOP populists have already **** the bed with their candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Michigan.
caryking
A Trump lawyer said, this morning, that the President can absolutely designate any document as, unclassified, without any documentation. She went on to say that she wished better documentation would happen; however, it didn't. She eluded that is could be on the Lawyers to keep up with the documentation.

So, if that is all true, no way can they indict and get a conviction. I think they have already played their hand and have to push forward. I also think that this will galvanize Trump supporters as well as independents and some Moderate Democrats hating what's happening to the country.

Remember, I'm saying this with an assumption that the lawyer, this morning, is indeed, true…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Steve Videtich said:

I agree, very strong possibility, as the stakes grow higher and higher. Three will be an increasing # of distractions too.
caryking
Also, by the FBI taking attorney client privileged documents, that could backfire big time, as Trump will file a lawsuit, and change the narrative. Again, if true, that's an unprecedented violation of a former President.

Joe Biden
Wolfpackrich1
caryking said:

A Trump lawyer said, this morning, that the President can absolutely designate any document as, unclassified, without any documentation. She went on to say that she wished better documentation would happen; however, it didn't. She eluded that is could be on the Lawyers to keep up with the documentation.

So, if that is all true, no way can they indict and get a conviction. I think they have already played their hand and have to push forward. I also think that this will galvanize Trump supporters as well as independents and some Moderate Democrats hating what's happening to the country.

Remember, I'm saying this with an assumption that the lawyer, this morning, is indeed, true…

There are obstruction charges also.

This is complicated but to me Trump is in trouble. All we can do is let it play out.
DrummerboyWolf

Here is Kash Patel, who is a former Federal prosecutor and was on the White House staff.

https://gab.com/KanekoaTheGreat/posts/108822744089126158
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

What exactly is an October surprise for Trump going to do for this election. He ain't running and the GOP populists have already **** the bed with their candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Michigan.

It's not for Trump, it would be against him and all the folks he endorses. And because I've seen this movie several times already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.