Mar-A-Lago is raided by FBI agents

77,863 Views | 1090 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Werewolf
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

dogplasma said:

caryking said:

A Trump lawyer said, this morning, that the President can absolutely designate any document as, unclassified, without any documentation. She went on to say that she wished better documentation would happen; however, it didn't. She eluded that is could be on the Lawyers to keep up with the documentation.

So, if that is all true, no way can they indict and get a conviction. I think they have already played their hand and have to push forward. I also think that this will galvanize Trump supporters as well as independents and some Moderate Democrats hating what's happening to the country.

Remember, I'm saying this with an assumption that the lawyer, this morning, is indeed, true…
I can't say if that's true either, but if it is, it literally makes zero sense. You don't have to document declassification of sensitive defense materials?? That would give any non-sitting President the power to declassify things at any time after the fact just by saying, "Oh yeah, I did that." Which is exactly what Trump is attempting. He's trying to redraw another hurricane forecast with his legal Sharpie, IMO. If the lawyer's claim is true, that's a crazy broken system we have.
Beyond the question of whether declassification can actually work that way, and whether Trump actually did declassify documents that way while sitting as president, such declassification would not necessarily provide a defense with respect to the statutes listed on the search warrant.

Take 18 U.S. Code 793 (a/k/a "The Espionage Act"), for example. That statute does not refer at all to classification levels. Rather, it uses phrases like "relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation." Information designated "TS/SCI" would necessarily meet this definition.

A potential problem for Trump is that, even if he could declassify any and all documents with out any memorialization either before, during, or after, he cannot change the essential nature of the information contained in those documents. If the information met the definitions of 18 U.S. Code 793 before he declassified the document then it still met that definition after he did so.

I'm not sure how the various explanations of how and why the documents in question were supposedly declassified paint Trump in anything like a positive light (beyond a desire to get him off the hook for violating the listed statutes). If he truly was haphazardly declassifying anything that went out the door on the way to Florida - including information classified at the most sensitive levels - without any of the normal deliberative (and documented) procedures, I'm not sure how that describes him as anything but an awful steward of our national security.
Now justify Dear Leader doing the same thing or does he get a pass? He got a pass from the propaganda arm of the MARXIST PARTY the MSM, every lefty politician, every lefty pundit just as Cankles Clinton did.

Two tiered justice system and I challenge you to prove me wrong.
See my message posted just above yours.
I understand not changing the information but it reads to me like this is going to amount to nothing at all but a "political hit job" perpetrated by the left... again..
I meant my message quoting the National Archives statement from August 12:

Quote:

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.
You challenged me to prove you wrong about Obama doing the same thing Trump is accused of doing. The National Archives already did that last week.
Don't think I was proven wrong. The way it was handled is obviously a double standard. Did they raid Dear Leader's home? Did they politicize the process? Why was he allowed a different process?

How long did Dear Leader have in his possession those documents? And if you think NARA is not politicized then, well, there's nothing I can or will try to do to prove it to you because you won't believe it.

We can argue semantics all day long. You are blinded by your hatred for President Trump and will never see the irony in comparing how this situation was handled as opposed to how Dear Leader's situation was handled.

No reason in wasting my time. TDS is strong with you.
There is no double standard.

Obama was requested to have the records secured, he complied

Hillary Clinton was asked to have her server secured, she did not comply, she was subpoenaed, then turned over the server

Trump was requested to have the records secured, he complied, he was then asked to turn over records, he did not comply, he was subpoenaed, did not comply, then there was a search warrant executed.

So right now, there is no double standard, Currently between Trump and Clinton, who both did not comply with the request, are sitting at 1:1 in my opinion with respect to charges.

Should Obama have been charged with something? No
Should Clinton have been charged? Absolutely in my opinion
Should Trump be charged? I don't know

I appreciate your outrage about the situation but I don't think you're really applying common sense here. I implore you to understand how the process happens to get to the point where the FBI executes the search warrant. I've sent this link out before. Take the 45 mins to listen

https://podcast.thedispatch.com/p/fbi-raids-mar-a-lago-what-does-it?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Sarah Isgur worked in the DOJ, she knows the process. It's not this rubber stamp process. It goes through a thorough review.

Also, In my opinion I don't think Garland would risk completely ruining his reputation to sign off on this warrant. I do think he probably didn't think through the politics of this move though, which if you actually take the time to research the man, you will find that during the majority of his career his was most certainly apolitical and RESPECTED by people in both parties.

I find it interesting that you judge my character by one prank that you take personally for some reason, yet you continue to support a person in Trump and even make excuses for his actions that are beyond the pale. Yet you just brush that off as a non issue. You're ok with supporting someone who has lied, is a cheat, and a grifter of donators money, but you're ok with that because you support his "positions" (who really know what Trump believes).

I also find it interesting that you continue to mock me and others that all we want are participation trophies yet your guy is playing the I'm a martyr game. It'd be nice if we could all sit back and see what happens and then hold those who are accountable for this mess, whether it be Trump or his folks or people within the DOJ and FBI.

PS. Still waiting on your rejection of the Cincinnati FBI shooter. I guess if they have the similar beliefs that you do, it's ok to randomly attack a government entity.
Oh... so now it is a prank? The fact you said I was the "only confirmed poster here that donated to Warren" was that a prank too or just another one of your lies.

Yes... it is easy to judge your character when you have been proven to be a liar and it's been proven more than once.

You know damn well I didn't donate to Warren but yet you claimed I did. What part of the prank was that? Is that the one where you know you were exposed to be who you are and just keep lying? Appears that is the case with you. A liar.

I posted I was on vacation this weekend and didn't look at the computer or turn it on until this morning.

I didn't watch the news, read a paper or look at twitter all weekend. I had my phone for messages, calls etc.. .non-work related.

So I condemn the Cincy shooter. Does that make you feel better? *** man... you obsess over me more than most of my ex-psycho girlfriends. Get a freaking life. Maybe read a book on how telling the truth is better than lying!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Cool deal fam, glad you had a great weekend.

How about the points I addressed on the topic? Any response to those?
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

You answer why you lied about me donating to Warren. It was a lie and you know it. You just choose to lie for whatever reason and do it on a regular basis.

Like I said, I have psycho ex-girlfriends that acted like you act over me.

Your points??? LMAO.... whatever....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

Put him on ignore....he'll never answer serious questions so why try. He just doesn't. He stood by his idotic assertion that my article posting Trumps's entire C'ville speech was an opinion but his multiple articles all sharing the thoughts of Jake Tapper on what Trump meant in certain parts of the speech were "fact", lol

He had every opportunity to say, "yep, my bad, I got ahead of myself and mis-stated that" Instead he doubled down and called me all kinds of references to dumb.

THAT is what you are dealing with. Its like other posters who post things that turn out to be very wrong, and instead of just saying so, say they didn't say what they clearly did say. LOL.
BBW12OG
I have addressed your BS comments as did quite a few others.

You and the board liar are good bed fellows.

If you can't see the two tiered justice system and how the issue has been handled you don't want to see it.

The TDS and the desire for this country to be under single party rule by you and the clowns you claim you don't support is obvious.

You can't say one thing and the very next sentence contradict yourself. But, like the board liar, you do it and do it all the damn time.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Glasswolf
I want to add one thing that has nothing to do with the topics discussed. I talked with James, and Steve Saturday at the MTPD. The WC is a great place except for all the name calling, labeling and finger pointing. The moderators would never say a word to anyone if that were to stop. Post your links, state you opinions and just have civil discussions. I'm guilty and posters that share different opinions are guilty as well. That's been the main reason I've stayed clear of most topics.
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

You answer why you lied about me donating to Warren. It was a lie and you know it. You just choose to lie for whatever reason and do it on a regular basis.

you're the one who's responding to me personally. I responded to the topic at hand. It's clear you can't dispute my post.

I'm sorry you don't get jokes, but that doesn't make me a liar. When's the last time you laughed at something? 1983?
GuerrillaPack
Remember that the FBI raided Project Veritas a few weeks ago because they supposedly had a copy of Ashley Biden's diary...because of damning information against her father, including his showers with her - as Tucker reminds us here:

Is the REAL reason for the raid because Trump has some damning info on dictator Biden? Not some bogus allegation about the nuclear codes.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

you're the one who's responding to me personally. I responded to the topic at hand. It's clear you can't dispute my post.

I'm sorry you don't get jokes, but that doesn't make me a liar. When's the last time you laughed at something? 1983?
You damn right I responded personally. You flat out lied and said I was the only "confirmed" poster that donated to Warren. You LIED. And still wont' admit you LIED.

As far as you calling it a "prank" or a "joke" is a hell of a lot different than the song you were singing when you were making up lies by the minute.

What is there to dispute? The situation was handled differently for Clinton and Obama than it was for Trump. FACT.

Not to mention you or I neither one know what documents they seized and what the classifications were. All you are regurgitating is what your MSM overlords are dumping down your throat. Guzzle more....

Just like with all the Russian hoax BS, Trump's pee tape, Trump's tax evasion etc.... you lefties buy everything the propaganda machine is selling.

I think it's best for me to not respond to you like I had done a few weeks ago. You do nothing but bait and your contributions are minimal. And when you don't like the response you deflect and act like a spoiled, whiny, petulant child.

When you decide to apologize for lying about me over and over I may consider responding. Until then you have a nice freaking day.

The fact that you don't agree with that is completely on you.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wolfpackrich1
Glasswolf said:

I want to add one thing that has nothing to do with the topics discussed. I talked with James, and Steve Saturday at the MTPD. The WC is a great place except for all the name calling, labeling and finger pointing. The moderators would never say a word to anyone if that were to stop. Post your links, state you opinions and just have civil discussions. I'm guilty and posters that share different opinions are guilty as well. That's been the main reason I've stayed clear of most topics.

That is well said. And it can not be stressed enough.
BBW12OG
So the MSM and the FBI are all above questioning am I right???

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Marco
Majority rules on this forum!As long as you agree with certain posters,all is well,if not something is wrong with you!!It's all fun with me but some of you take stuff too serious!!Life is to short!!Grow up already!!!GoPack!!
caryking
All, I think its clear that some people want to find anything they can to criticize what they hear about Trump. In addition, we have some people that will continue to deflect all of these attacks on Trump. I think we have an issue where people are going to see things that support their ideology, beliefs, of whatever...

For the people that see Trump as the worse, or close to the worse, person ever in the Federal Government, I say... please understand the position supporters of Trump have.

So, I will speak on behalf of Trump supporters. The amount of investigations that have gone on against Trump is unprecedented. The results, of all, so far, have truly been recognized as bogus. That, unfortunately, creates doubt about any of the new investigations. When someone says: you all will blindly support Trump on anything is probably a fair, and misguided, assertion.

If someone is starting from a position of doubt, based on history, then they have a significant skepticism that is, in my opinion, warranted.

It really works the opposite... if someone is starting from a position of dislike/distrust, because they don't care for Trumps tactics, then, they are going to have skepticism about anything Trump, and perhaps, what Trump supporters say.

I don't think this will ever go away; so, try, and recognize people just see things differently....

BTW, I see both political parties as being Marxist, in their way of operating. Now, I do not see any Democrats that don't fall in line, with the ideology. Some Republicans convey they are not Marxist, and, for now, I will support them, until proven otherwise. Some of those Republicans are people that are called various names for various reason. At some point, those reasons may be justified; however, for me, they're not, currently...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Marco said:

Majority rules on this forum!As long as you agree with certain posters,all is well,if not something is wrong with you!!It's all fun with me but some of you take stuff too serious!!Life is to short!!Grow up already!!!GoPack!!
I'm not sure why I looked at this post.. since I did, here goes...

both sides of any issue has its strong advocates. Some use language like "Marxist" and some just say "Grow up already"...

Nobody, on here, has corned the market on "Truth"! We all have our experiences, that we lean on, to form opinions and/or beliefs.

I would encourage "You" to step away, if you don't think you can handle the conversation: Life is too short...

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Yeah.... but...but.... we got him this time!!!!

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Here's the thing, no one here is trumpeting or really even saying (except marco I guess) "we got him this time". I don't understand why there's this 100% acceptance of this narrative that Trump did nothing wrong when we don't even know what the warrant is about.

Again, look at the process this warrant had to go through to get here. Trump and his lawyers had multiple opportunities to do what was requested and did not cooperate. As did Clinton, as did Obama. The clear difference between these three instances is there was full cooperation before things escalated to an executing a warrant stage.

Also, an execution of a warrant isn't the same as a criminal offense. I'd really like for someone to show me how Trump is being treated differently here given the actual facts that have transpired in this event as well as past events that were at the same point we are at today.

I also find it a little hypercritical that the same folks who were chanting "lock her up!" at campaign rallies are buying into the Trump team messaging that he is now a martyr against the government.

What has Trump done to earn all of this loyalty? I think this post by Kevin Williamson sums up my position nicely.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/big-lies-matter/

"The actual political record of the Trump coalition should show the weakness of the bullsh** strategy. Donald Trump and his personality-cult politics managed to win one election, defeating a singularly toxic, corrupt, exhausted, used-up Hillary Rodham Clinton, a previously failed candidate so inept and feckless that she seemed to have forgotten the most elementary basics of politics, like how to go out and ask for votes. What followed that Pyrrhic victory was a rout of historic proportions: The inept Trump team failed to get any major legislation through Congress on the president's hallmark issues during the time when Republicans controlled both houses, and then Republicans proceeded to lose control of the House and the Senate before handing the presidency over to the Democrats a reverse trifecta not seen since Herbert Hoover and the Great Depression"
BBW12OG
Well....what cracks me up are the people that are so quick to condemn Trump for everything that he does or doesn't do.

One big difference is that Cankles Clinton was NOT the POTUS and she should have NEVER taken ANY document home.

Did the media cover that like they have this?? No.

Dear Leader took 30 million documents and only after the fact that the MSM and the propaganda machine spun it to "he did nothing wrong" was any of it divulged.

Anyone that can't see the two tiered justice system and the blatant hypocrisy on how the events were handled doesn't want to and they are so far dug into their partisan positions they are blind.

And that's a fact.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Well....what cracks me up are the people that are so quick to condemn Trump for everything that he does or doesn't do.

One big difference is that Cankles Clinton was NOT the POTUS and she should have NEVER taken ANY document home.

Did the media cover that like they have this?? No.

Dear Leader took 30 million documents and only after the fact that the MSM and the propaganda machine spun it to "he did nothing wrong" was any of it divulged.

Anyone that can't see the two tiered justice system and the blatant hypocrisy on how the events were handled doesn't want to and they are so far dug into their partisan positions they are blind.

And that's a fact.
Setting aside the logistical infeasibility of Obama taking 30 million pages of documents home with him, the National Archives - as you are aware - stated last week that no presidential records of the Obama administration left NARA custody. If you have or can point to evidence supporting your "30 million documents" assertion, please post it. I sincerely would be interested in seeing it.
BBW12OG
google.com

How hard can it be. And you can sift through all the articles and come up with your own conclusion. Like I have said repeatedly, revisionist history is how this is being handled.

Dear leader had 30 million pages/documents transferred to Chicago and after he was told that wasn't legal he began cooperating with the NARA...

You never heard anything about it because the MSM made sure that he NEVER had any negative press.

Dear Leader is the sole reason this country is as divided as it is and that will forever be his claim to fame.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Could've told you he was going to tell you to Google it. Although I don't k ow why he doesn't tell you to duckduckgo it.
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

google.com

How hard can it be. And you can sift through all the articles and come up with your own conclusion. Like I have said repeatedly, revisionist history is how this is being handled.

Dear leader had 30 million pages/documents transferred to Chicago and after he was told that wasn't legal he began cooperating with the NARA...

You never heard anything about it because the MSM made sure that he NEVER had any negative press.

Dear Leader is the sole reason this country is as divided as it is and that will forever be his claim to fame.
The thing is, a google search for something that didn't actually happen doesn't turn up much, except, in this case, lots of articles debunking the claim about Obama and 30 million documents and/or pointing to the National Archives refuting the claim.

For the record, I submitted this search:

Quote:

obama "30 million" documents

with a timeframe of 1/21/2017-1/1/2022. The timeframe was intended to weed out most of the articles about Trump's assertions in the last week. I was looking for things that would have been posted at the time the documents were supposedly taken by Obama improperly.

Nothing. I did find a couple of articles mentioning that the the Obama administration had generated 30 million pages of documents, but not that Obama took them all home with him.

Support your claim or stop making it.
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

google.com

The thing is, a google search for something that didn't actually happen doesn't turn up much, except, in this case, lots of articles debunking the claim about Obama and 30 million documents and/or pointing to the National Archives refuting the claim.

Quote:

with a timeframe of 1/21/2017-1/1/2022. The timeframe was intended to weed out most of the articles about Trump's assertions in the last week. I was looking for things that would have been posted at the time the documents were supposedly taken by Obama improperly.

Nothing. I did find a couple of articles mentioning that the the Obama administration had generated 30 million pages of documents, but not that Obama took them all home with him.

LMAO.. spoken like a true MARXIST....

Maybe if you had the intellect to formulate your own opinions void of the biased media sources you wouldn't be so quick to tell people to stop making claims that bias exists.

It's a fact that he moved 30 million documents to Chicago. It took me less than one second to find articles, video clips showing/saying that same thing. Prove he didn't.

You are arguing a moot point. The point is how it was handled by the NARA, DOJ and the propaganda arm your party the MSM.

So you read up and take off your biased glasses if you are capable of doing so, which I doubt due to your posting history, and pretend your Dear Leader that you have your lips planted firmly on his hind parts was treated the way President Trump has been treated for 7 years and President Trump got the Dear Leader treatment.

I'm betting you wouldn't be using as much chapstick for him as you have Dear Leader.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

google.com

Quote:

Lol, lol, lol. His response will be to call you a Marxist. And likely to again confuse facts and opinions
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

google.com

Quote:

Maybe if you had the intellect to formulate your own opinions void of the biased media sources you wouldn't be so quick to tell people to stop making claims that bias exists.

It's a fact that he moved 30 million documents to Chicago. It took me less than one second to find articles, video clips showing/saying that same thing. Prove he didn't.

You are arguing a moot point. The point is how it was handled by the NARA, DOJ and the propaganda arm your party the MSM.

So you read up and take off your biased glasses if you are capable of doing so, which I doubt due to your posting history, and pretend your Dear Leader that you have your lips planted firmly on his hind parts was treated the way President Trump has been treated for 7 years and President Trump got the Dear Leader treatment.

I'm betting you wouldn't be using as much chapstick for him as you have Dear Leader.
"Prove he didn't." That actually made me laugh out loud.

Post one link to evidence - not assertions - that Obama moved 30 million pages of documents to his home in Chicago. I dare you.
packgrad
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Ohhhh, I see now. It's ok to use Fox for unsubstantiated complaints as long as the person making the claim aligns with you

But it's "Pearl clutching" to quote a story published by the same news source if it says something that doesn't help your cause!

Lol. What an America… where we only want the news that aligns with our views, but it's terrible if someone else does that
packgrad
I see the attention ***** is trying to make something else about him. Lol.
caryking
This whole thread has become useless!!!

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

google.com

Quote:

Post one link to evidence - not assertions - that Obama moved 30 million pages of documents to his home in Chicago. I dare you.

So assertations about President Trump are accepted in your world but not for GOP/Conservatives? Sad but telling.

Oh.. and the "I dare you.." such an internet bad ass....

Again.. you are arguing semantics and opinions. Just as you did on the gun control thread your defensive posturing is very telling. How'd that work out for you tough guy? Sucked didn't it?

Of course there are two sides to every story and when you control 98% of the media you control the narrative. Not to mention it is common knowledge that Google and Yahoo have algorithms in place to filter what THEY consider to be misinformation.

Like I said before, you stick to slurping up whatever the MSM tells you to. God forbid you actually try and think for yourself. You've proven on other threads that doing that is a struggle.

You still won't acknowledge the two tiered justice system and how the three situations have been handled differently have you?

Why do you deflect from that? Go ahead... tell me how your Dear Leader was treated the same way President Trump was. I'm sure you'll put the lefty spin on it to make you some type of victim of an "-ism" before you are done... what a damn joke.

LOL..."I dare you.."

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

Manny Sanguine said:

BBW12OG said:

google.com

Quote:

So assertations about President Trump are accepted in your world but not for GOP/Conservatives? Sad but telling.

Oh.. and the "I dare you.." such an internet bad ass....

Again.. you are arguing semantics and opinions. Just as you did on the gun control thread your defensive posturing is very telling. How'd that work out for you tough guy? Sucked didn't it?

Of course there are two sides to every story and when you control 98% of the media you control the narrative. Not to mention it is common knowledge that Google and Yahoo have algorithms in place to filter what THEY consider to be misinformation.

Like I said before, you stick to slurping up whatever the MSM tells you to. God forbid you actually try and think for yourself. You've proven on other threads that doing that is a struggle.

You still won't acknowledge the two tiered justice system and how the three situations have been handled differently have you?

Why do you deflect from that? Go ahead... tell me how your Dear Leader was treated the same way President Trump was. I'm sure you'll put the lefty spin on it to make you some type of victim of an "-ism" before you are done... what a damn joke.

LOL..."I dare you.."

Ha. The "I dare you" was meant to be more lighthearted than that. Sorry it didn't come across that way.

For Trump, we have these facts, which are not disputed:
  • The FBI conducted a search at Mar-a-Lago
  • They removed some items and documents following the search and provided a receipt for the items removed
  • The recipt, which was signed by Trump's attorney, listed seveal boxes of documents bearing classification markings including "TS" and "TS/SCI"

Now, if I had a client whose home and office were searched by the FBI and the receipt listed potentially incriminating evidence, the last thing I would do would be to sign the receipt if the receipt mischaracterized any of the items removed. Here, if there were no documents marked as "TS" and "TS/SCI" then it's hard to know why Trump's attorney signed a receipt saying there were.

So, those are undisputed facts with respect to Trump.

With respect to Obama, we have only assertions that he took 30 million pages of documents home with him - an assertion that was refuted by the agency in charge of safeguarding presidential records.

If you have factual evidence showing that Obama did take 30 million pages of documents home with him please post it. Pretty please. I would be most appreciative.

Absent actual evidence that Obama did anything wrong in the handling of his presidential records, and the undisputed factual evidence that Trump had in his possession - 18 months after leaving office - seveal boxes of documents bearing classification markings including "TS" and "TS/SCI", it is not surprising or troubling that they are treated differently. (FWIW, Trump was also teated differently than either of the Bush presidents - because they didn't have seveal boxes of documents bearing classification markings including "TS" and "TS/SCI" in their homes.)
Packchem91
caryking said:

This whole thread has become useless!!!

It's actually more on topic than any other recent political thread. Sanguine has raised reasonable points against the "whataboutisms" that always start up where someone pushes on Trump.

What about when HRC did it
What about when Obama did it

Well, he was challenged and he answered it pretty well. Call me silly, but his posts are exactly what the board is supposed to be about. He's only adding in silliness because BBW warrants it with his complete refusal to be fair (lol, he has still not posted a single actual link to prove his point, but manages to call Sanguine a Marxist for posting his results).
Packchem91
packgrad said:

No, I made it about a poster's blatant hypocrisy and how that poster only wants news that fits his narrow little perspective on the world, which is not necessarily unique anymore, but is why our divide gets worse .

YOU are the one who has to call names and make it about me.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

No, I made it about a poster's blatant hypocrisy and how that poster only wants news that fits his narrow little perspective on the world, which is not necessarily unique anymore, but is why our divide gets worse .

I didn't say anything about your Fox News post. How can there be hypocrisy when there was nothing said?. But you continue lying. It's what you do. I know you need attention.
packgrad

""I have been doing this for 60 years, and I don't see any possible reason for why they couldn't go by a subpoena. If they wanted the material back, you subpoena for that. That's the usual way of getting material back," Dershowitz said. "If you want to get documents, you issue a subpoena, and then the other side protests and says, 'No, this is not classified. This was declassified. This is lawyer client privilege. We're invoking the Fifth Amendment about production of this,' and you litigate. You go to court. You litigate. You don't just grab the material and then say, 'I got it. And now you have to litigate.'"
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I didn't say anything about your Fox News post. How can there be hypocrisy when there was nothing said?. But you continue lying. It's what you do. I know you need attention.

Funny, this is from you earlier today. Back to back posts from me, them you.

I reference the news story from my Fox News post last night (several more posts up) and you immediately respond with what is below in the screen shot?

So if not responding to me, who exactly were your responding to again?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.