George Floyd

124,286 Views | 1023 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
BobbyCox95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This whole situation is so ugly and depressing I have a hard time holding in my anger. The whole thing. From the murder of George to the seizing of the opportunity to loot and burn down the city.

Having a brother as a police officer and hearing the stories first hand, I support the police in almost every situation where the actions of the victim could have prevented their death at the hands of the police. But in this situation there is no defense of the arresting officers. I've watched that gruesome video several times and cannot imagine what is going through the officers head. There's just no defending that. I'm glad they were immediately terminated and have no doubt the officer who actually committed the murder will be arrested for it.

But this leads me to something that also makes me furious. This will be used to lash out at the city and also the police that will now be associated with the "bad apple". I've already seen the heartbreaking videos of thugs cursing at, throwing things at, assaulting and spitting at the police. I understand their anger and they do deserve answers and justice but now all trust has been lost between the Minneapolis police and the Black community over one bad apples decisions. My heart breaks for Georges family AND all of the hardworking police and their families that will now be forced to clean up the mess of one officers actions. Police families will now worry more and sleep less every time their dad, husband, mom or wife leave for their shift. It's just such a shame and completely avoidable.
ncsualum05
It sucks all around. The police officers involved all need to be in jail and convicted of murder and accessory to murder. Justice needs to be served here and quickly.

At the same time I really wish the black community did not respond like a hornet's nest when you get too close. Rioting, looting, setting things on fire... none of this stuff will bring Floyd back. What is the point? I could understand peaceful protesting if it looked like the police wouldn't do anything about it or that they would try to sweep things under the rug. But this isn't 1950's Mississippi. Justice will happen. I feel awful for the family.
GuerrillaPack
I totally ignore the Establishment "news" media 99% of the time, and don't know anything about the specifics of this. Sounds like an egregious act by the police.

But the bigger issue is why the Establishment media chooses to focus and hype incidents like this -- and almost always just before upcoming elections. There is an obvious agenda at work there. Same with the Trayvon Martin incident, Ferguson, etc.

There are hundreds of murders every day in this country. Why does the media only hype it when a white police officer (or citizen) kills a black man? Why ONLY that instance? And, it turns out, those type of incidents are pretty rare. If you look at actual statistics, probably 98% of black people who are murdered in the USA are killed by fellow black citizens. And maybe only 0.1% by a police officer.

As the saying goes, I'm sure there were 7-8 black youths gunned down in Chicago by other black youths over the last week in gang-related violence. And ~500 over the last year. But no 24/7 hyping by national "news" media of those deaths. And that's going on in every major city all year long. But the world has to stop and end because of the rare case of a white police officer killing someone??
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BobbyCox95
GuerrillaPack said:

I totally ignore the Establishment "news" media 99% of the time, and don't know anything about the specifics of this. Sounds like an egregious act by the police.

But the bigger issue is why the Establishment media chooses to focus and hype incidents like this -- and almost always just before upcoming elections. There is an obvious agenda at work there. Same with the Trayvon Martin incident, Ferguson, etc.

There are thousands of murders every day in this country. Why does the media only hype it when a white police officer (or citizen) kills a black man? Why ONLY that instance? And, it turns out, those type of incidents are pretty rare. If you look at actual statistics, probably 98% of black people who are murdered in the USA are killed by fellow black citizens. And maybe only 0.1% by a police officer.

As the saying goes, I'm sure there were 7-8 black youths gunned down in Chicago by other black youths over the last week in gang-related violence. And 500 over the last year. And that's going on in every major city all year long. But the world has to stop and end because of the rare case of a white police officer killing someone??
Statistically speaking, there are far more white people killed by police every year than black people but those stories don't get airtime. I think it's a heinous act because one person in power killed an innocent person.

Was this officer motivated by race? Who knows. There's a decent chance that the officers family and friends would say he's not racist at all but simply madea a terrible decision and poor judgement. But that's not how this is portrayed.

I do agree with you that the media pushes these stories while ignoring stories involving a black cop or a white suspect but that doesn't change the fact that the officer committed murder on a suspect in custody who didn't deserve it.
packgrad
Yeah. I feel terrible for the victim and his family. I just can't watch the video. I know how it ends and know that what he was arrested for could have been handled completely differently. Never should have even gotten to that point.

Having said that, I'm not going to engage in the twitter Facebook virtue signaling where you have to say his name, white people you have to speak up or you're complicit, they're killing us bull ***** What happened to him was wrong. It was no more wrong than when it happens to other races by police though. Nobody wants to talk about them because it doesn't suit the social media/media driven bull**** narrative.

Hate it for him and his family. Hate it for victims of other races too whose names we will never know because their colors don't match up to inspire hate and division.
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

BobbyCox95
Glasswolf said:

So the options are disrespecting the flag (yes that's exactly what it is) or burning buildings and stealing tv's and anything else you can get your hands on....ruining the livelihood of people that had nothing to do with this? Not sure how hard it is to see that neither of those are the best option.
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

That's the typical woke social media response. False equivalencies. Keep in mind someone was murdered during the riot. Guess that life doesn't "matter".
packgrad
Also, why do we have to include Trayvon Martin in the list when we're "Say their names!" virtue signaling on Twitter?
statefan91
BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

So the options are disrespecting the flag (yes that's exactly what it is) or burning buildings and stealing tv's and anything else you can get your hands on....ruining the livelihood of people that had nothing to do with this? Not sure how hard it is to see that neither of those are the best option.

Are the same people that were demonstrating for George Floyd the ones that are also looting? I assume it's a lot of people that are opportunistic to loot rather than people truly demonstrating.
packgrad
Did not research so don't know if the statements are true, but godalmighty if they are.

ushum
Have no idea if any of that is true or not but if it is they can't say he killed Floyd simply because he was black. That reads like he was giving it out to everyone...
ncsualum05
Unfortunately this is made out to be racial and political but to me it was just evil. The violence, fires, and looting is also evil.
statefan91

[url=https://twitter.com/i/events/1265874933432737792][/url]
metcalfmafia
Supposed to be protests in downtown Raleigh today. I pray they are peaceful.
wilmwolf
NM
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
NatePait94
They've shut I40 down in Greensboro. They're all out on the interstate putting on their show.

Word is they burned down some apartment complexes in Fayetteville.

What's being vandalized in your neighborhoods tonight?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
cowboypack02
Downtown Raleigh...

wilmwolf
Clearly burning **** down and hurting innocent people is the best way to get justice.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
RunsWithWolves26
Never let a good crisis go to waste
metcalfmafia
They also smashed all the windows out at the Morning Times.
metcalfmafia
Folks on Twitter are saying the protests were peaceful until cops starting tossing tear gas.
WarrenPeace
Of course they are going to blame the police. It's never their fault.
metcalfmafia
Raleigh BST, a locally owned sneaker and clothing store, was broken into last night. The GameStop on Capital was also broken into.

Neither of these business are Downtown and one is a small locally owned business.
statefan91
I think it's clear that there are different people protesting for George Floyd and those that only have intentions of looting. They're opportunistic and know there will be less police presence but that doesn't mean they are people involved with the protesting.
metcalfmafia
statefan91 said:

I think it's clear that there are different people protesting for George Floyd and those that only have intentions of looting. They're opportunistic and know there will be less police presence but that doesn't mean they are people involved with the protesting.

There absolutely is. This always happens during protests of these types it seems. I also think there are folks from far right and left leanings that want to sow discord.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

Just as all cops aren't bad but that is what is said about them when one does something wrong. The same ones protesting lump a police into one category but when they are lumped into one category with the rest, they scream it's not fair. I agree, it's not fair but what's good for one is good for the other. You can't accuse all cops are bad because of a few and then be mad when your peaceful protest is reported as riots and looting by a few bad ones. It works both ways. I wish it wasn't like that but that's what gets eyeballs on the tv.
metcalfmafia
Good amount of looting happened at North Hills last night. Smashed windows, looting Target, REI, etc.

Really hoping CV isn't next on this list of targets.
cowboypack02
Protesting is one thing....rioting is a completely different animal. Its time to send the military in and shut it down.
metcalfmafia
cowboypack02 said:

Protesting is one thing....rioting is a completely different animal. Its time to send the military in and shut it down.
National Guard was at North Hills and shut it down relatively quick. Didn't stop a dude from getting a free kayak though...
Tootie4Pack
Had some smash and grabs in Garner last night too.
GuerrillaPack
I like how it's obvious that you have Antifa and other leftists/communists rioting, smashing up businesses, and burning down buildings.

But then the leftist/communist Establishment media runs stories on the eventing "news", claiming that "white supremacists" are the ones who are out there rioting and burning down buildings.

Wow. It's white supremacists again. Those pesky white supremacists are just everywhere!
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
RunsWithWolves26
GuerrillaPack said:

I like how it's obvious that you have Antifa and other leftists/communists rioting, smashing up businesses, and burning down buildings.

But then the leftist/communist Establishment media runs stories on the eventing "news", claiming that "white supremacists" are the ones who are out there rioting and burning down buildings.

Wow. It's white supremacists again. Those pesky white supremacists are just everywhere!

It's both who are doing it. I know that doesnt fit your narrative but facts are facts. Get off the conspiracy bull***** Stop spewing your far right agenda blaming anyone you can. Both sides are wrong. That includes YOURS
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

It's both who are doing it. I know that doesnt fit your narrative but facts are facts. Get off the conspiracy bull***** Stop spewing your far right agenda blaming anyone you can. Both sides are wrong. That includes YOURS
Forgive me if I don't believe that the communist Lamestream media reports facts. It's propaganda.

For every "white supremacist" out there among the rioters, there must be 1,000 communists and leftists. And if any "white supremacists" were actually out among the rioters, they probably were not out there to smash buildings. Maybe they were out there to counter-protest, who knows.
RunsWithWolves26
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Forgive me if I don't believe that the communist Lamestream media reports facts. It's propaganda.

For every "white supremacist" out there among the rioters, there must be 1,000 communists and leftists. And if any "white supremacists" were actually out among the rioters, they probably were not out there to smash buildings. Maybe they were out there to counter-protest, who knows.

You are one sick person. You are the problem. You and your my way or the highway, I'm always right, they are always wrong, attitude is the problem. God why someone who is an obvious bigot, obvious troll, is allowed to continue to spew your garbage here is amazing to me. You are no better then the antifa groups you constantly ***** about. Actually, people like you are just as much, if not more of a problem, then the rioters and looters. Your entire goal is to spew hatred, cause anger and make the situation worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.